Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
-
04-05-2013, 09:11 AM

Bronze was currently focused on carefully picking apart the squirrel, savoring every bit of meat that he could swallow. He was unaware of her visible pleasure regarding his gratitude; even if did notice, such emotions were natural, and wouldn't be condemned. Though her kindness was as genuine as ever, he wondered how much her change in attitude was due to the hormones that were raging through her currently. Perhaps if she was not in heat, she wouldn't have been so eager to continue helping him when he would certainly be fine on his own, to hunt him something to snack on. Or perhaps she would've done that regardless -- he truthfully didn't know her well enough to make a judgmental call like that.

It wasn't long before his own squirrel was torn and tattered, bones licked clean. He tossed the carcass to the side, much preferring to let Loccian's sweet scent fill his nostrils rather than the dead squirrel. She stood, and his brown eyes followed her curiously, though he remained lying where he was. With his belly slightly more full than it had been before, he was content.

"Still a loner," he assured her, grinning very slightly. "Though I suppose that could change, if a pack was in dire need of an injured old warrior like myself. If the price was right, of course." Though he was half-joking, there was a very faint hint of seriousness lingering in his deep tones. What price would that be? "I have been without a pack for a very long time, Loccian. I'm so accustomed to the life of a rogue that it would be a very difficult transition for me." Was this Bronze considering such a thing? It was a possibility, but something akin to confusion welled in his eyes as he watched the female unblinkingly.