gems
size
Medium
build
player
Anais
07-22-2015, 01:04 AM

Walk | Talk | Think

She never expected to learn anything from her current company, except maybe just how thin her patience was. There was still some skepticism in her silvery blue eyes as she regarded him and listened to his description of the plant's use, hoping that it was actually sound and tested. It appeared to be, or at least to Jakart's knowledge. His father apparently used the remedy at one point because of burns that he had sustained, and Callisto had to assume they had worked in order for the old man to pass the information along to his kids. Either that or he was a different kind of father than she thought.

Without her needing to ask, the grey wolf scraped and tore off a strip of the sandalwood bark, and within her mind Callisto wondered just how much of it comprised the suggested amount to work its magic. Maybe if she was lucky - though how lucky could you be if you sustained burns? - she would have chances in the future to determine the answer for herself. She eyed the piece of bark as it was offered to her, and thought to herself, I don't know about the pack, but I want it, as she took it. Her nose wrinkled slightly around the bark, tasting for herself the odd, unpleasantness that Jak had noticed, and quickly set it at her feet. That walk home was going to be interesting.

Her eyes stared downward at the piece of bark for a moment as she considered. She did want to bring this back to her stores, no question about it, but there was still the matter of her initial search. If she did manage to find what she sought, could she carry both home without one corrupting the other? The healer sighed, glancing at last up and over at Jakart. "I'm going to take this back," she explained to him, though she could not quite fathom why, "I'll look for...the other plant later." It might not have existed anyway. Carefully picking up the strip of sandalwood bark between her teeth, trying not to make a face this time, she turned and headed swiftly out of the Thicket toward home.

-Exit Callisto-