gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
07-27-2015, 09:41 AM

There was something deeply comforting to Kapra's question, that it would be the first thing on his lips after a polite greeting. 'Have the gods spoken to you today?' Such a simple question, so often used mockingly by the faithless, but she knew of Kapra's unwavering faith as she knew her own and the question gained volumes of depth from that devotion. He truly believed, and in this land of unbelievers it was a great comfort.

"Perhaps they did," she allowed, with a faint tilt to her head, "though it was your nephew who I have been thinking on." She wasted no time on further pleasantries, but rather jumped immediately into the problem presented. "I had not considered it before, but recent events have... called to mind a certain issue that I would do well to have your assistance in. Kapra, when Laufey was born, Jaeger never accepted him as his son. I doubt he ever knew the children existed - or if he cared. By our traditions and in the eyes of the gods he cannot be a Finnvi, regardless of his blood relation. Any children he sires and claims will be claimed within his mother's family, not the Finnvi. We have no heirs, none of us has born children except Jaeger. The Finnvi line would end with you and I." Now she paused, to collect the words and to underline the seriousness of the issue, mercury eyes intent upon her cousin. "Unless." The solution she may have found, provided Kapra agreed that it was a solution. "Unless he is adopted into the family as an adult, and legitimized as a Finnvi in the eyes of the gods and the law."

And then she waited.

Traditionally, as a female she could not do this. Only a male of the bloodline could adopt a male into the family, just as only a female of the bloodline could adopt a female into the family. It had always been that way, and there had been more than enough bending of tradition in these faithless lands. She would not add to it. And so, she would simply put the possibility before Kapra, and let him decide whether to pursue it as his brother had not.

""
""