size
Small
build
player
Anais
08-06-2015, 11:58 PM

Gale Elementas

Walk | Talk | Think

Her grey-green eyes remained fixed on the flashes of scales beneath the water as Gale tried to figure out which would be fool enough to venture close enough to her in order to become dinner. They were all still too far away yet, and she suspected that her movements to get closer were sending too many ripples out for them to think swimming nearer to her legs was safe. They were smart, she would give them that, but she was the predator, the hunter, and she was not leaving the shoreline until she had a fat, squirming fish in her jaws to show for her efforts.

Accounting for a nosy, energetic brother, however, had not made it into her calculations. While she was carefully maneuvering closer to the fish, taking care to be as stealthy as she knew how to be in water, Voltage's teasing voice startled her enough to make her jump in place, and in response the fish scattered. Water coated her undersides and rode further up the grey fur of her legs, but even with her first attempt at fishing interrupted there was still a smirk on Gale's lips as she turned her head to eye her brother with a stern glare.

"I would be if that brother wasn't startling the fish," she countered with mock irritation as the yellow-marked male padded into the water without any apparent regard to the effect he was having on her prey. How was it that Locha managed this with so many siblings? Did she really have to swim far out and dive deep in order to find a quiet spot where her targets would be unaware and easier to pick off? Maybe after this - however her solo attempt finished out - she would seek out the fisher to get a few pointers.

As her brother admitted to being a terrible fisher, Gale could only chuckle humorously. "Probably because you can't hold still," she teased, lifting a lavender-colored paw to splash a bit of water his way. "I'm no good at it either. Look. They're all over there and I can't get closer to them." She gestured with a motion of her muzzle toward the fish that she could still see flitting about below the surface, looking comfortable as they swam about their business. Gale's nose wrinkled slightly as she looked at them. They might not have been her favorite, but they were definitely a challenge, one she was not keen on walking away from empty handed.