Áki

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
08-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Though Valentine was a bit younger than him, he admitted he was the leader of this pack called Imperium. His eyebrows raised, impressed with the admission. "A man of power, then," he would muse with a slight grin, his tail wagging where it lay behind him. "How many wolves do you rule over?" his crimson gaze was curious as he regarded him, feeling quite impressed. Saying he envied the feeling wasn't quite accurate, but it was certainly something he couldn't imagine, and almost wished he could, if but for a moment. Only as a very small child had anyone held any sort of control over him; he and his siblings had been taught to be independent for as long as he could remember. Only their culture and the traditions of their tribe had ever held any sort of hold on him, never anyone else. How strange would it be to have someone to answer to, like Valentine? He could think of worse leaders, he was sure, but the thought was a strange one to him.

"I could imagine it would be strange," he agreed, and in his voice echoed a careful thoughtfulness. "I haven't, no," Áki would inform him with a gentle shake of his head. "I was raised in a tribe, with my two sisters and our parents, as well as a handful of other wolves. We were a cohesive group, but we had no sort of structure. I suppose we respected our elders, for they held much more knowledge than we did, but we had no claimed lands and there was no actual authority." It wasn't like a pack, no, not that he knew of. He would shrug, assessing Valentine to see if his words held any sort of interest for him. "It certainly made for strong wolves, I can promise you that. The weak and young were never coddled. They had to survive on their own, or be left behind. I would imagine such a thing would not happen in many packs?" Perhaps it was a barbaric way of life, but it was suited to the world they had lived in - a world that was harsh and unforgiving. Though he also knew that it was frequent that those wolves, that he thought might not ever survive on their own, were the strongest of them all.

table by argent/neffs