gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
08-17-2015, 01:04 PM

She simply made a casual motion with her shoulders as he explained his disdain of his family. "That is the past. The past has no control over the now. It is your choice whether to be crushed beneath your father's actions, or to rise the greater for it. You have begun to walk that path, Vereux, do not let your past drag you back to what you once were when you could become something better."

His question about the gods was... possibly more complicated than he would think. She considered a moment how to explain. "The Vættir, the spirits of the world, are numerous, but there are a fair few who have chosen to involve themselves in our affairs often enough that we know of them best. They are two groups we call gods, the Æsir and the Vanir, and many, many various peoples that are both like and unlike us. The Jötnar, the Álfar, the Dvergar... they are many, just as we of Midgard are many. As for gods well, you know of Tyr. He concerns himself chiefly with justice and glory, a god of the warriors. Odinn is the all-father, the sorcerer, who takes half of the glorious battle dead to feast with him in his hall Valhalla. Thor the protector, the thunderer, who wields the mighty warhammer Mjölnir and is the guardian of Midgard." She shook her head with a sigh. She was a warrior, not a priest, and had never had to teach in such a manner. She did not know where it was best to begin, but this method, this listing of the gods, was not working. "It would take long and longer than I can take from sleep to list and explain them all now. Perhaps there is something of particular interest to you that I can explain in more depth rather than simply listing our god-kin?"

""