gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
08-24-2015, 01:56 AM
Xeph nodded to his leader as she greeted him, her voice lingering on his name a little longer than most. Yes, his name was somewhat foreign, but it could become familiar on the tongue once spoken enough. Then at last she would let it out, the thing that was bothering her. She thought that inviting Sin here was a mistake, so many of the pack members were thrown off by this sudden change. But he wasn't bothered at all, in fact he was almost thrilled. "I can see why the others might feel uncertain, and perhaps unprepared for Sin's sudden arrival," he said, his voice rumbling, "I have met him before... he is perhaps not what this pack perceives as a hero. But I think you are right. This pack will benefit much from his presence. They may not see it now, but he has the strength to keep everyone safe, and not only that, he will teach even the softest wolf to defend themselves. He may have come abruptly, and he is somewhat harsh, but he has much to offer. They will all see it eventually."

He spoke with much clarity and confidence, although he wasn't sure where it came from. Yet, he couldn't deny what he perceived. There were members within this pack that were weak, or young, or otherwise needing protection, and Sin could provide that. Xephyris was more than willing to offer his strength to that cause, and he knew there were others within the pack that would also follow in line. It was a sudden change, something that many of the wolves had not been expecting, but it was all for the better. Yes, he had met the brute outside of pack territory, and he respected the male - he was surprised but glad to see that Sin had joined Sonticus, along with his family.

When she mentioned rank, his eyebrows lifted. That's right, he hadn't said anything at the meeting, but now was his chance. "Forgive me for my quietness," he said, blinking his silver eyes slowly, "I have a hard time speaking in crowds. If you'd accept it, I'd like to fight for this pack, to protect those who need it, whether it be the young, the old or the injured. I'd like to be a Shield." Would she agree and appoint him a rank? He had been a citizen since his arrival, and he was ready to move on and become something more.