size
-
build
player
04-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Quote:
mercianne

Walk | Talk | Think

It was almost as if the confidence and very sense of assurance that had given the wolf his strength for his hunt had abated and fled together as he went set his head upon his paws, looking for the world like whatever it was that weighed him down was simply too heavy for him to carry alone. Mercianne stared on helplessly, her expression nervous and uncertain and desperate as it was concerned. What was wrong? What had suddenly made him so insecure of himself? What was it that he needed to get off of his chest and tell her? Not sure what she could do for him to be of any help, she walked quietly around the deer to join him and seated herself by his side, trying to offer him whatever moral support she could while he gathered his thoughts and sought the right words.

They came to him eventually, somewhat rushed and almost panicked at the end, and Merci listened quietly, patiently, trying to make sense of what she was hearing and not let on outwardly that it did frighten her a little. Memories. Fragments of a past life. Confusing pieces to a puzzle that he didn't even know he needed to solve. She hardly knew what to say let alone the right thing to help him. Was this something else that plagued healers too, when they tended to their patients?

She fell silent for a moment, collecting her thoughts and attempting to find the proper thing to say. After a quiet few seconds, she spoke up, her voice calm and patient and encouraging as she could make it. "Maybe it'll make sense later," she offered him as consolation for his problem, a poor consolation but the only one she could think of. "Maybe all the pieces aren't there yet." There was the chance he might not comprehend what she meant, or might think differently, but she hoped that he might consider it. If anything, she hoped it would at least ease his mind in the moment. She did hate to see others suffer, even by imagined or invisible afflictions.

[Image: nzhxu8.jpg][Image: nzhxu8.jpg][Image: spx4z8.jpg]

Awaken

gems
size
build
player
04-15-2013, 09:39 PM

?Awaken laid his head down in the snow. "It just makes no sense... None of it. I dont even see how pieces could fall to fit the completely random visions. Sometimes the visions and voices will leave me be for a while, and then they start again. And I cant tell whats real and whats fake. I cant tell if this is a vision or if the other thing is the vision. And i keep seing this white wolf with a black mark over his eye. I keep seeing him and another black and white female. (ooc: remember these two wolves. They are important) ?And the white males always on my right and the females always at my left. And in every vision im never alone. He shrugged. Hoping she could help him remember all this. Every time he got ine vision He'd forget the one before it

Code by Azil, image by Souleater. Do not use without permission.

(thankyou azilla!!)

Mercianne

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Quote:
mercianne

Walk | Talk | Think

She could practically feel the waves of anxiety coming off of the wolf as he lay his head in the snow and bared his problem to her, seeking her assistance and anything she could do to help. But even as she listened, she wondered what she might be capable of doing. She was no licensed healer, she had no practice with the arts, and it would have been a lie if she had claimed to have very much experience dealing others after living such an isolated life as she had before coming to the Glaciem. She felt in over her head, desperate to help but terrified she might say or do the wrong thing, something to set him off and either earn his ire or drive him away when he so very much needed and practically begged for help.

A short sigh exited from her muzzle, her brown eyes closing as she tried to organize everything in her thoughts. Visions. An inability to differentiate between reality and fantasy. A sense that these visions were truth, in some part. It was confusing, but at the same time she needed to find a way out, a way to solve the puzzle for him and not let him down. "What can I do?" she asked gently at last, her tone concerned. "How can I help you?" She wanted to, but unsure how, unsure what to offer, what to say, she hoped he might have an idea.

Awaken

gems
size
build
player
04-15-2013, 09:59 PM

?Awaken sighed. If i could keep track of whats real and whats not. ?I phyicaly cant do that on my own... Can you... Help me remember my visions?" ?he asked quietly. he knew he had more visions than the ones he'd told her about, he simply couldnt remember them at all. He just needed an open set of ears and a healthy mind to store them all for him.?

(thankyou azilla!!)

Mercianne

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-15-2013, 10:06 PM
Quote:
mercianne

Walk | Talk | Think

He answered her with a sigh, his condition seeming to take an almost physical effect on him by the view of it. And his request was quite simple: help him tell the difference between reality and vision, store his visions for him, help him make sense of them all in the long run. It was much less than she had been expecting, and feeling confident at least in her ability to do this, to help him in this small way, she offered him a reassuring, comforting little smile. "I think so. Yes." She answered simply in return, not wanting to pledge anymore than she honestly could and still feel confident in her ability to complete her end of the deal.

But this was simple enough. She could do this for Awaken, for this stranger who might turn out to be a pack mate, who might turn out to be a friend. And so she waited, hoping her assurances would do well enough in easing his burdened mind and allow him to feel at least partially free from the things that haunted him.

Awaken

gems
size
build
player
04-15-2013, 10:12 PM

Awaken smiled lightly at her before nuzzling her lightly. "thanks Merci." He was still lying down though. He was really tired. Hed forgoten about sleep... Hed forgoten just about everything. ?

? Awaken caught himself on the edge of sleep and conciousness. Oh um. Any pointers on Glaciem? Like who are the hardasses and who are the nice wolves and stuff? Fankly, im nervous as hell."

(thankyou azilla!!)

Mercianne

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Quote:
mercianne

Walk | Talk | Think

His smile was kind, grateful, and she knew at the sight of it that she had eased his worries. It was a great relief to her as well, knowing she had done right and assisted him in his time of need, and would continue to do so if he managed to earn himself a position within their ranks. Merci had little doubt that he would. Despite whatever ailed him mentally, he was more than fit and had proven it with the successful hunt he had made. Such skills would never go unnoticed in a pack set so far north that only the hardiest and strongest chose to settle there. And personality wise, he seemed well enough too. Polite, gentle, and considerate, she saw him fitting in well overall, and looked forward to the day she might see him within the Glaciem as one of them and know that she had another friend among their ranks.

Leaning her way, Awaken came toward her, and almost instinctively she shrunk inward on herself, tucking her ears and head toward her chest. Her heart beat a little faster as he reached out and nuzzled her, the kind, sweet gesture almost foreign to her, and though it made her anxious, the closeness she was so unaccustomed to, it was still pleasant. Still curled inward as he drew away, she smiled timidly at the ground while her tail wagged gently against the snow. "You're welcome," she managed to answer at a whisper, her dark brown eyes settled on the larger wolf muscular dark frame as he curled upon the ground beside his well caught meal, for all appearances looking as if he was about to fall asleep.

She watched him for a moment longer, wondering if he would truly take a rest there beside the deer, and set her eyes over toward it and then away swiftly, wondering how such a feast might be taken back home. Perhaps, if he had little intent in finishing it himself, she thought they could return to the Glaciem and inform them of it and turn it into some sort of offering for their consideration. Smiling over the idea and how it might help, an ear upon her head perked and swiveled toward Awaken as he spoke up, her head turning back to glance down at him where he rested while he asked her about her pack and any advice she could offer. Her smile turned humorous as she considered his words, and she answered in her typically gentle voice, "They're really all nice. But, being from the north, I think some come off a little frostier than others. You should be fine, I think." And promising herself to make any sort of commendation on his behalf if the opportunity should present itself, she was more than willing to assist this wolf since, it seemed, nerves were starting to get the better of him.

Awaken

gems
size
build
player
04-16-2013, 09:26 PM

Awaken smiled lightly, glad that for now, the voices stopped. "well... Atleast i know no ones gonna jump down my throat and try to kick my ass on the first day." He chuckled. Rolling over on his back, gazing up at the newly arisen stars. He rose one paw up, seeming to look at one star in particular... Oh great here come the memories again.

? He stood in the middle of a stoney feild, blood covering his body and a corpes lying on the ground. A massive black male, a monsterous male who could have ran into a wall and someone would think 'poor wall!' wispers of packmates swirling around him as he sniffed the dead man. The white male that usualy apeared in his visions greeted him turning to the crowd of wolves encirrcleing them both.?
' The king is dead. Nexium is now crowned kinslayer.' He announce and howls of rejoyce echoed off the quary walls. ?

?Awaken snapped out of it with a jump. "can you remember something for me... Before i forget it?" He asked trying to retain as much information as posible.

(thankyou azilla!!)

Mercianne

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-17-2013, 12:08 AM
Quote:
mercianne

Walk | Talk | Think

What she had said seemed to help, and the little creamy white wolf hoped the anxiety Awaken was feeling about joining the Glaciem would leave him altogether. In her eyes, there was really little to nothing for him to worry about. As harsh and intimidating as the conditions they lived in, at the heart of the pack they were a kind bunch, always considerate and kind and respectful, not to mention patient and forgiving and open to any and all who would make themselves comfortable and at home there. It was different, certainly, but only in the best way, and she was always glad to have been made a part of it, and to know that others wished to be a part of it too.

Darkness had swiftly descended over them, and as she followed the wolf's line of sight toward the skies as he rolled onto his back, she wondered how time had managed to get away from her so much. She had not meant to be outside of her home this long, had merely meant to wander a little and return swiftly so that she could be cozy and comfortable inside of her den before dark. And here the stars were starting to peek through, shining faintly and seeming to dance where they hung in the sky. But she could hardly leave Awaken here alone, especially if what he said about his condition. To be unable to determine reality from envisioned fantasies was not something she was familiar with, but she was not even remotely inclined to believe it an easy condition to live with. Her ears tucked against her head as her conflicted thoughts pulled her mentally in different directions, lowering her head to glance at Awaken again. By the distant look upon his face, she had to assume he was lost somewhere else, in one of his visions perhaps, and, watching, she waited for him to emerge.

He did so with a start, and even Merci flinched a little from the suddenness of it. Too caught up in what she might need to do, what she had promised to do, she met his green eyes with concern and question, closely listening to his question and nodding her head shortly. "What is it?" she asked, forgetting for the time being that she wished to return and only thinking to fulfill her promise to Awaken to the best of her abilities.

Awaken

gems
size
build
player
04-17-2013, 07:21 AM

Awaken closed his eyes trying to remember as much of the vission as possible. Little details werent as clear as they were the first time he saw them. His memory was already fading.

"can you remember a stoney battlefield and a huge dead wolf. Then the white wolf i told you about earlier said something about being crowned kinslayer. And somthing about the king being dead. " He kept trying to remember more but it had faded.

(thankyou azilla!!)

Mercianne

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
mercianne

Walk | Talk | Think

Silently Awaken closed his eyes, and the creamy white wolf patiently sat waiting for his response. No doubt he was trying to make sense of it, whatever those fragmented thoughts were that bothered him so. Her ears tucked a little as she considered how difficult they might be for him to witness, how horrible a secret she might be forced to hide for him, and hoped that whatever it was that he learned, that they learned together, would not be something very terrible.

At length, he spoke, his vibrant green eyes still closed in thought, and Merci listened as she promised she would. A stony battlefield. A huge dead wolf. The white wolf proclaiming a king to be dead, and a kinslayer named. She was grateful his eyes were closed so he would miss the shudder that raced through her frame at his words, those dark words that she hoped were not real. What manner of event must have occurred to them to be brought about? Could it be possible it was all imagined, that he simply had strange visions with no connection to him whatsoever? But what if they're real? What if this is his past? The thought frightened her a little, and she shifted where she sat over how horrible it would have been to learn that Awaken was some sort of "kinslayer" as his vision stated. But he's been nothing but nice so far. Maybe it's not him. It was honestly the best she could hope for, and so she clung to it, praying that, should there be a villain in Awaken's story, it would not be him.

"I'll remember." Her soft voice came out even more hushed, her dark brown eyes settling somewhere on the snows between them. She curled her tail tightly around her side, considering what she knew and what more she might learn from him.

Awaken

gems
size
build
player
04-17-2013, 04:41 PM

?Awaken shuddered. What if hed killed someone? He could fight but he'd never kill another wolf unless it was self defense! Awaken sighed rolling back over to his belly. " i... What if... No way... I dont think i could posibly kill someone..." he stammered. He was genuinely scared, his nerves were just estatic. He couldn't deal with murder.

(thankyou azilla!!)

Mercianne

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
mercianne

Walk | Talk | Think

Nervous with anxiety, Merci lifted her gaze from the snow and peeked at Awaken, but his attention was elsewhere, not lost in his visions but lost in thought. She could see the way his visions tortured him, filled his head with doubts, with fears and pain. And as her expression fell, becoming more openly upset that she could only do so little for him, she had to accept that her powers were limited. She could listen. She could try to piece together the puzzle for him. She could be a comrade to face this storm with. But there was no sheltering him from the revelations, no way she could numb that shock or pain. For a second she almost wished his affliction had merely been physical; a sore, a wound, she could learn to heal from Asheni. But these, these demons that only he could see, she had nothing with which to fight them.

He rolled to his stomach and spoke brokenly, giving voice to the troubled thoughts that haunted him. She felt incredibly guilty to note that they were the self same thoughts she had been thinking too, her own worries thrown into the open between them. "We don't know that it's you," she answered softly, stepping forward and lowering herself to crouch in the snow beside him, looking at his panic stricken face. "It could be someone else." Mercianne wasn't sure how well she believed it, but she did wish it was true. For Awaken's sake, if nothing else. She remained beside him, her stare full of concern and the wish to help, and she only hoped he might let his worries about the visions go until they knew enough to start putting them together.

Awaken

gems
size
build
player
04-22-2013, 04:02 PM

Awaken sighed for a minute. "thankyou for the support..." his mind began racing again. "if it turns out to be true... Please, will you think of me any diffrent?"

(thankyou azilla!!)

Mercianne

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Quote:
mercianne

Walk | Talk | Think

A moment passed after he sighed, obviously trying to come to grips with the newest revelation and let her meager attempt at reassurance to do its job. What she had said looked to have some effect on him, calming him for the most part though she was still able to see the worried wrinkle to his brow, the sadness and fear that lurked around the darker planes of his face. He thanked her, words that she had not anticipated, and though he did not look her way, still swallowed in the news he had seen, she smiled gently. Without a word, she lowered herself still further from her crouch and settled upon her stomach in the snow, determined to help and make things better no matter how long it kept them there. The pack was close, at least, and should danger come she knew where to head. But despite what they had seen, she did not feel any danger to come from Awaken.

He spoke up again, more words that the creamy white wolf did not expect, and she was not glad of them. The question that he posed to her seemed rather loaded, made her think of things she would have rather not considered. But could she condemn this wolf for something of his past, something he could not tell between memory and fantasy? "No," she answered at length, her dark brown eyes settling somewhere upon the snow beside her as she answered as honestly as she could. "You have only been nice to me. You are nice now. You - this you - didn't do those things. Someone else did." An old part of him, long forgotten perhaps, but that side of him died the moment he could no longer remember it, when it no longer reigned over his conscience if it had ever done so to begin with. The killer, or would-be killer, was gone. He was only nice now.

Awaken

gems
size
build
player
04-22-2013, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2013, 08:11 PM by Awaken.)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? Awaken gave a sigh, his body relaxing alittle. He just needed to relax for afew moments. His legs unfolded from under him as he shifted his weight, rolling onto his side. His black fur spreading into the white snow.?
?? ? "sometimes its nice just to lay in the snow... And just talk to someone who understands. Thankyou merci. "

? ? ? ? ? ? ? His ears perked forward at the sound of moving animals in the forest. The distinct crunch of snow under hooves of deer and paws of lynx and foxes. The snort of a far away elk, and a bellow to declair its presance.

(thankyou azilla!!)

Mercianne

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Quote:
mercianne

Walk | Talk | Think

It surprised her a little, to see how much her words had an effect on him. It was what she had wanted, true, but she had never expected the results to be so obvious and relieving. She could feel her own body relaxing as she saw his do the same, watched as he rolled to his side and simply sprawled there in the snow. He looked so much like a shadow upon the ground, his body made darker by the deepening night sky. Only the green and gold of his eyes seemed to stir any sense of coloration to him and defined where his face was in the dark mass that was his body. And lying upon the snow beside him, Mercianne felt considerably smaller next to him.

She had almost begun to let her eyes wander when the dark mass beside her spoke up, his tone gentle and easy in comparison to the worried and frantic one he had taken on a moment ago. A modest, almost shy smile slipped upon her face as he thanked her yet again, feeling wondering to actually be of some help to someone. It was so much better than feeling like she still needed to find her place, to find her purpose. "You're welcome, Awaken," she responded quietly, turning her smiling face upward to stare at the stars as they began to come out in earnest, the night fully beginning to take hold around them.

It reminded her of her desire to return home. Awaken seemed in better spirits now, no longer plagued by his visions and finally capable of relaxing near enough to sleep. But where did he intend to spend his night? "Do you plan on sleeping out here?" she asked gently, her smile smoothing away into a concerned look as she broached the subject. "I'm sure the pack would welcome you for the night, even if you're waiting for acceptance." She didn't want to force his hand, but she did want to make it clear to him that he was welcome in the Glaciem territory if he was being considered for a spot in their ranks. But where he wished to spend his nights was out of her hands; she could only listen and decide where she would rest her head on her own.

Awaken

gems
size
build
player
04-24-2013, 09:25 PM

Awaken rose to his feet. His body sagged alittle from exaustion. Luckily since he'd rested alittle he felt better... "i just have a bad feeling about this... I just feel... Like somethings telling me no." He didn't exactly know what he was saying, he just felt odd... He looked around him, his emerald eyes scanning the darkening bushes around him.

The wind rustled branches and rattled leaves. Snow blowing and swirling around. A blizard was comming and it wad best not to get caught in it. still, something in the pit of his stomach told him to take Merci and just get out of the Sparse Forest. He snorted, stepping infront of his new friend for a moment, his head lowered in defense, the fur that was usualy against his neck stood up making him look huge. Something was way wrong and he knew it.

(thankyou azilla!!)

Sixx I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
04-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Sixx had his nose low to the ground, sents wafting past him and his mind decifering the code of odors to one that smelt correct. His paws tracked along the snow in a manner that made him resemble a trotting stag. ?He stoped in a bush, crystaline blue eyes scanning for a certain wolf. Kinslayer... He repeated to himself. How he longed to find the Kinslayer once more. Sixx's obsession with the wolf had become rather unhealthy and by now his pelt was tatered with bloodstains from any creature who got in his way.?

??Sixx stopped down in the bushes, his belly sinking to the ground, to avoid scanning emerald eyes. I've finaly found him... he lunged forward in a tackle suddenly out of the bushes just as the ebony male stepped infront of the white female. His paws outreached in a tackle. "BROTHERRRRR!!!!"

Awaken

gems
size
build
player
04-24-2013, 09:28 PM

Awaken's head snapped up at the sudden exclaimation and slammed to the ground, sending the white male over his back snd face-first into the snow. He forced his jaws around Sixx's shoulders and tossed him back in a violent rage of fury. His teeth fully exposed and ready to fight. If someone didnt stop him now the fight would be on!

(thankyou azilla!!)