ardent

Pride Rock [open]

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
01-26-2015, 11:03 PM

It wasnt often that she ventured from pack lands. Business often kept her home, confined to the borders to ensure the survival of her legacy. But today she would find herself moving south and soon moving across grassy plains. Nostrils quivered, inhaling the scent of new territory. But it was the roar of voices that caught her attention. Her crown would lift, coral gaze sweeping the range in curiosity. Legs would carry her towards the sound, unable to help herself, especially when she caught wind of her son. Audits tipped forward as she approached, seeking to come up behind the family that stood between her and her son. Attempting to meet his gaze, a brow would lift in question. She had only caught the end of the boys statement, it seemed that her son was intent on claiming this family. Lips would curl into a sneer, eyes dancing with wicked mischief. "Quite a catch, my boy." She would coo, her gaze ravaging each family member. It was quite an achievement to take an entire family, but she wasnt entirely sure they were worth the trouble. The parents were set in their ways, and obviously were weak by the lack of fighting. "But might I suggest you only take the children. They can be trained, molded. Their parents...." A pause. "Cannot." Words fell like honey from dark lips as her gaze would return to her son.

"Speech"

Isolde

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Vail
01-27-2015, 12:21 AM
The girl took a few steps away as Valentine refused to back down, her gaze would narrow and she'd lower head while scrunching her shoulders up defensively. She was not meant to fight, she was frail and easily 100 pounds less than the giant that would lay claim to her and her son. In no time Soliloquy was at her side, her heart still racing as Valentine would not heed the pale man's words. Ears to her skull as he made offered his bet, Isolde would bend her legs, ready to spring should she have need.

Then Caesar sprang in front of the rampaging wolf and Isolde just wanted to wake up from her nightmare. This was too much, this couldn't be real it was too unfair. Her fur would poof up as she felt rage build in her stomach. And suddenly another wolf was there. Features would shift to the woman on the other side of them and her face would flush with fury. What right did they have to come into her home and start judging her and her family? They lived here peacefully. They may not have been perfect but they had been doing just fine before this man decided to walk up in here and take her son!

Tiny paws would move her swiftly to her den mate's side, her rump at his chest and her chest near his rump facing the woman. A hopelessness had already dug itself into her heart, they had no chance against these much larger wolves. Isolde was much too small to defend anything, but if she had anything worth defending it was her peaceful easy existence here and she would fight with Sol to protect it if they had to. Oh how she wanted to curl up into a ball and wish away these beasts though, she would hardly be able to hold back her trembling as she tried to keep the coral gaze of the massive she wolf. Soliloquy would be the one to answer the bet though, her voice had ceased to work.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Soliloquy

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
01-27-2015, 06:18 AM
Destructions were not slaves. They had been regarded lower than they ought to have been before, back when he had resided within Uroril. It seemed like an age away and whilst greatness they deserved hadn’t yet been sought out by the family, those within the range had a decent enough life. They had never been slaves and never should be. The same rule he was certain applied to Isolde’s blood as well, she had been born a princess after all.

What was this man’s problem though? Was he incapable of filling his pack with willing followers that he just had to go out and steal others? Or perhaps he simply was desperate for a family. Soliloquy’s may not have been your typical family, but they were his. This man here, pack and big fancy title or not, had no right to try and take them.

Before he could respond however he’d find himself rather impressed with his son. Caesar of course was too small to fight this big butt, though the attempt to protect his family certainly didn’t go unnoticed. His son had a tendency to be nothing but a pain to them all though evidently family loyalty was already far stronger than he had realised. Had he a chance to enjoy the moment he would have done though of course he couldn’t leave Caesar stood there thinking he could fight plus there was someone else suddenly turning up. Oh joy.

He scoffed aloud at the woman’s suggestion. For starters clearly she hadn’t met his children, they weren’t exactly the easiest bunch of wolves to control not that he would voice such a fact out loud just yet. "Molded? It’s pretty clear where his loyalty lies to me." Whatever the result, Soliloquy made a note to inform Caesar just how proud he was of him but for now there were other matters to deal with.

Isolde wasn’t much of a fighter, he’d never seen any demonstration of fighting from her to prove this fact though by her shaking form it was rather evident that she was not in her comfort zone right now. There were two wolves here though, and with Isolde out, Caesar too small no matter how determined it meant that he was on his own here. Unless of course Scorpion appeared, his brother would certainly help to fight though doing so would put him, Othello and Orchid in danger, it was a risk that Soliloquy wasn’t going to take. Whatever the outcome, Soliloquy was going to minimalise the damage. Besides, there was a chance that if Shakespeare and Colette stayed away that they might be able to remain free, Valentine didn’t know their family tree after all for all he knew Caesar could have been their only kid. Of course he didn’t know that earlier in the conversation Caesar had already revealed their existence.

"Me and you." He made his own demands for the wager now as he moved forwards, pushing his son back out of the way. He would not be getting hurt. "Mummy-dearest over there stays out of it and Isolde and Caesar will not be touched." Of course to be honest he wasn’t sure he could take the word from either of them, perhaps that was more the reason he wished his brother here, someone else to watch and make sure no harm came to either of them. "Or are you too scared to fight alone?" Hopefully that would help to secure the deal.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
01-27-2015, 09:55 PM

Surprise, surprise. Who other than Cataleya showed up next? He smirked at her over the heads of the huddled family. In one breath she'd both praise and criticize his choices - something that only deepened his amusement. "Thankfully I don't need them to change. I just need them to obey." Of course, if they weren't capable of that he had no problem pulling parts off of them until they either complied or there was nothing left to remove from their person and thus, they were of no use to him any longer. If the latter happened he would happily roll them off a knoll and out of Imperium.

The patriarch decided to grow a pair, spewing words meant to manipulate him into a desired reaction. Valentine laughed, then spat, "Is that not what I just said?" He didn't doubt for one second that somewhere out there this family's inbred hick relatives lurked. If they were, they were wise to stay hidden. Valentine's possible bounty just kept growing and growing and he had no problem with adding to the count if others felt like throwing their two cents in. ""As I already stated, this is between you and I," the corners of his lips twitched in a sardonic smirk. "However, "mummy-dearest" is her own person and I have no say over what she does." Hell, if she felt like chewing on the little bitch, that was her prerogative. "Fear not, unless they misbehave, I'm sure there will be no touching." His eyes went to the fae's spotted rump. Since he couldn't see her face he may as well talk to her better end. "Might want to rein your boy in." He doubted Cataleya would be as tolerant of the boy's antics.

Moving in an attempt to place approximately five feet between him and his opponent, Valentine then turned in the hopes of facing his opponent head on once more. Since the other had the most to lose, the brute decided to let him go first. "Your move," he rumbled, standing ready and waiting for his opponent to rise to the occasion.

VALENTINE versus SOLILOQUY for
FORCE CLAIM OF FAMILY
(Soliloquy, Isolde, Caesar, Colette and Shakespeare)

Round ZERO of UNDETERMINED

"Speaking" -- "Thinking"

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Caesar I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-27-2015, 10:19 PM

No, this was not how it was supposed to turn out! Again and again his words were ignored, the large mountain man not heeding a single word that left his mouth. Was he invisible? He looked down at his spotted body, clearly seeing that he was all there. So why was no one listening to him? Caesar let out an exasperated cry, and his eyes turned to the other woman as she stocked in. Well now, this really was a freaking party! And it was all his fault. He just had to step in and make it worse -- wait. It was Isolde's fault. His green eyes cut over to her, a cry leaving his throat as he tried to bite into her left hind leg, just above her elbow with his sharp puppy teeth. "You should have just stayed out of it! Look what you did!" he cried, his brown and white tail raising to curl over his spine. His stance was dominant as he glared at the woman who gave birth to him, all previous signs of affection gone. "I would have been fine Mom, but you can to come in and do this! I would have been FINE if I went with this dude to his pack! He wouldn't yell at me or do mean things to me," his words were harsh, and suddenly Caesar turned to eye the new woman who came into their group. He took in the dots beneath her eyes, as well as the words that both his Father and mountain man had to say. So this was fluff butts mother? "Can't YOU stop it?" he spat, glancing over his shoulder to eye the two brutes who were squaring off right now. "I don't want them to come with me, what if I was trying to get away from them?" he asked, voice loud enough that Valentine would be able to hear -- if he was listening to him anyways. Looking back at the other lady (Cata), he narrowed his gaze even further. "I was happy to get away from them and now they might have to come with me? How fair is that!" He knew that his words were harsh -- but he was thinking all of this over. Valentine seemed to care about Caesar, for whatever reason, and probably wouldn't want to bring his parents with him if they were mean to him. Jumping to turn in a half circle to face the two men, he let out as loud of a growl as he could. "They are always growling and me and trying to bite me, why would you want them?"

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
01-27-2015, 10:31 PM

The mother standing before her was a failure, unwilling or unable, it didn't matter, to protect her own child. Lips curled back in distaste even as the tiny bitch turned to face her, as though she even stood a chance. Hackles bristled down her back, the thought of stealing this bitch for herself overwhelming. The pale man at her side would speak, questioning her sons authority and ability. A humorless chuckle would slip from inky lips. If only he knew.... She would meet her sons gaze over the little family, a shrug lifting broad shoulders. He would turn to the fight man, subtly giving her leeway to do what she wanted. But it was the tiny child that caught her attention. He would speak directly to her, clearly upset, but for all the wrong reasons. She would smirk, peering down at him curiously.

"You are always welcome to come with me." She would purr, her crown lowering below her shoulders to better look at the child. He was a spitfire, and perhaps he could be molded into a great warrior, with the proper training. "I could teach you great things." She would murmur, eyes dancing. "And you can get away from your parents." Hopefully it would be enough to lure the boy in, to convince him to come away with her. Her gaze never left his chocolate face, completely ignoring his trembling mother. If the woman wanted to fight for her son, then the queen would happily give her a fight for the boy. But she suspected that no fight would ever come.

"Speech"

Soliloquy

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
01-29-2015, 08:30 PM
ooc: Rambling post again apparently, sorry! There is a marker for the start of the fight for ease of reading/judging

Obey? Still good luck with that one, and he dared to harm one of his children, to force them to bend to his likely ridiculous whims then he would have Soliloquy to deal with. There had been times he'd been a little rougher with the boy than either of his siblings, though never had he outright sought to cause him any real damage, more a shock to the system than anything. Caesar would bring up such moments now, declaring how horribly his parents treated him. That moment of pride had faded now, lies or not to run around screaming such things appeared to go entirely against Soliloquy's previous statement.

"Enough." Soliloquy told the boy sternly. "This is happening, now go and sit with your mother" He hoped his son listened even just this once. To disregard the order now would only make everything now that much worse. It would surely make it appear to these two strangers that there was no loyalty here at all, weaken Soliloquy's previous statement even more. More important than his own pride though was needing to know his son was safe. Soliloquy couldn't be dealing with worrying where Caesar was, fearing if he'd slipped into the fight somehow.

If circumstances could have been different he would have followed Caesar that morning rather than Colette, prevented his son from running into this man, prevented this threat to their family from ever having occurred. Time couldn't be changed though, and now he had to fight. Caesar may have thought himself tough, able to take on an adult and perhaps he could, though Soliloquy knew deep in his heart that he would always step up to help his children. He may not had been a model father but apparently was a better one than he'd previously ever imagined.

Soliloquy would watch the boy for a moment longer but gaze would soon return to Valentine once more. Of course his mother had her own wills and wishes, though to attack Isolde or Caesar would be downright cowardly of her. One clearly not a fighter and the other a child. She wasn't attacking, though he could hear her speaking, having taken Caesar's words literally. There was already one challenge going on for the boy, hopefully Cataleya would at the very least abide by her son's own wishes and not go behind his back to make a challenge of her own. He would fight her too though if he had to. They were his family, what happened to them was his decision.

Whatever happened it was very apparent that the time for talking was over. Words had never been Soliloquy's favourites though, they were Scorpion's forte a skill that Soliloquy couldn't hope to develop anywhere near his brother's talents. This would be his first real fight though, a reason to battle for something and hopefully he had retained all his brother had taught him and more there.

-------------------- fight starts here --------------------

He would adjust his position now as Valentine moved to close the distance between them. His stance would widen for better balance, legs bending slightly, toes splaying and claws for now gripping against the earth. His muzzle would title forwards slightly, protecting that delicate throat as best as he could. There was tension building in his muscles and he sought to release that, to relax them. Fluid movements would be better here than brute strength, the giant arse before him clearly would be stronger. He wouldn't prevent adrenaline from doing it's job though, those hackles most certainly risen now. His ears would pin back against his skull and eyes would narrow to protect them both from any attacks. Face wrinkled now, twisted into a snarl. If Caesar had thought for a moment he had seen his father looking mean and angry before he certainly had been mistaken, this was the appearance now of a man that meant business.

"Your move."

How very courteous of him. Soliloquy wouldn't waste a single moment in letting the man change his mind. The gap was certainly too large right now, he couldn't reach and his moves could be too easily read. He would spring into action to correct that issue, charging in a straight line forwards aiming to close the distance between them. At the last moment his legs would propel him upwards, jumping to give himself enough height to that he was able to try launch himself towards Valentine's right shoulder, hoping to strike the lower part of the joint with the upper part of his left shoulder with the intent to dislocate it and using the leap to put his entire bodyweight behind the attack.

As he settled upon the ground, his legs would bend slightly to soften the landing. His left paw would stamp down in an attempt to bruise the toes on Valentine's right paw before settling upon the ground. Soliloquy then sought to stabilise his balance, paws finding their grip upon the earth again. Soliloquy's jaws were already trying to find their mark as well, seeking to make contact with, grip and tear the soft flesh to the lower right side of Valentine's neck.

VALENTINE vs SOLILOQUY
FAMILY'S FREEDOM
ROUND 1 of ?

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

01-31-2015, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015, 07:39 PM by Valentine.)

He set his defenses with practiced ease; ears flattening, eyes narrowing and lips curling to bunch the skin around his eyes and forehead. His stance widened, his knees bent, his toes splayed and his tail leveled with his spine, each action coming together to better his balance and lower his center of gravity. Tension ran the length of his body, muscles coiling as he waited for his opponent to do as he was instructed. The brute's shoulders rolled forward and his chin tucked in an effort to not only loosen the skin at his neck, but enable him to protect it with ease should his opponent make the mistake of going for his throat. Valentine's hackles rose to protect his spine and aid in a carefully cultivated display of dominance.

The moment Soliloquy began to move, Valentine kicked off also. He aimed to close the distance rapidly (and maintain their head on positioning for the time being), hoping to build enough momentum to not only counter the force behind his opponent's assault, but to inflict serious damage to the other should he be successful in making contact. Valentine dodged to his left and jutted his right shoulder forward in the hopes of using the bony front of it as a lance. If successful in his new positioning, it would line the front of his shoulder up with the center of Soliloquy's neck and prepare him for his first attack. Valentine sought to drive the aforementioned shoulder into the upper trachea of his opponent with the intent of crushing it and putting a humiliatingly fast end to the fight.

His opponent's own shoulder throw met with minor success. Given that Valen had moved to his left and rolled his own right shoulder forward, the front of Sol's left shoulder grazed the outside of Valentine's right shoulder as it (Valen's shoulder) moved inwards. A modest bruise would form later along the path Sol's shoulder had taken. Since he moved to his left, Valentine unknowingly dodged Soliloquy's attempt to smash the toes on his right forepaw by moving them out of harm's way.

Teeth sank into the right side of his neck four inches above the bulk of his shoulder. Given that he'd moved to his left, the damage to Valen's neck wasn't as grievous as intended. Instead Soliloquy's fangs managed to grab a mouthful of loose skin, fat and fur and created moderate puncture wounds. In retaliation, Valentine curled his head to his right (maintaining his tucked chin) and attempted to sink his teeth into the right side of his opponent's face**. If successful, his left upper canine would sink into the corner of Sol's right eye while the rest of his upper teeth would find purchase along the bridge of his nose. His lower teeth would dig into his opponent's right cheekbone and drive upwards. Valentine sought a grip on his opponent's face that would enable him to disfigure and blind in one fell swoop.

To complete his attack, Valentine lifted his left paw and moved it inwards toward his own right forepaw (his weight instantly redistributing between his remaining three limbs to accommodate the move). From there he immediately attempted to slam it down on Soliloquy's right forepaw in the hopes of catching the brute's two outermost toes and severely damaging the ligaments that held them together, possibly even giving the brute a limp to remember him by.

VALENTINE versus SOLILOQUY for FORCE CLAIM OF FAMILY
(Soliloquy, Isolde, Caesar, Colette and Shakespeare)

Round ONE of TWO

OOC: **I asked how Sol's head is positioned and Eld says his head is twisted slightly to the side so that the left side of his face is closer to Valen's head. Permission given to edit by Eld! It's actually the right side of Sol's face that's closer to Valen.

"Speaking" -- "Thinking"

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Soliloquy

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
02-02-2015, 09:01 PM
Of course today seemed to be a day that things weren't set to go according to plan and the theme would only continue as the fight started. Valentine wouldn't have really needed to shift much in order to affect Soliloquy's own initial attack and the rapid collision of the two males it was of course the smaller white man was the one that would come off worse. The jump at least saved Soliloquy's throat though it would still strike him squarely in his chest, it would leave him momentarily winded, balance faltering briefly from the impact. He would force himself to continue, correcting his balance, he would recover his breath fully soon though the moderate bruising would certainly give him a reminder for a few days.

To continue with this unlucky theme for today neither the stomp nor the bite would land where originally intended either. Paw would meet the ground rather than Valentine's toes and teeth would do minimal damage in comparison to what Soliloquy had hoped for. Unfortunately however there was little time to  debate over such things the fight was most definitely still ongoing.

He would seek to withdraw from his own pitiful bite attack, paws shuffling backwards slightly in a few tiny steps that would only move him around six inches from his previous position, weight and balance shifting with the movement as he dropped his head from Valentine's neck, now around four inches below it's original height. It was a manoeuvre that it seemed would save him far more than he realised for Valentine's teeth wouldn't find their mark upon Soliloquy's eyes or face at all, instead scraping across the last inch on the top of his muzzle leaving a scratch upon the surface. It would bleed, though the wound was rather mild and could have been far, far worse. The movements would save his paws as well, Valentine's foot missing it's desired target of Soliloquy's toes.

Throughout these events, Soliloquy kept his defences in place. Ears remained firmly pressed to his skull, eyes narrows and lips curling, wrinkling the skin around his face. His paws remained wide, toes spread and gripping upon the earth. His balance was readjusted to accommodate for the shift in his weight, knees bending to lower his centre of gravity. His chin was closer to his chest again protecting his throat. Hackles remained on end, and tail would shift slightly, moving to align with his spine.

Soliloquy would begin his next attack swiftly, attempting to align his head below Valentine's jaw in preparation for the strike. His weight would shift to his two hind paws, front paws lifting up off of the ground as he pushed upwards to reach and to put more force behind the attack, the top central part of Soliloquy's hard skull hoping to make contact on the left side towards back of Valentine's jaw, where the lower half of the jaw joins with the upper with the intention of breaking it.

Settling four paws more upon the ground, knees would bend to lower his centre of gravity and Soliloquy would adjust his balance again to spread it evenly across his paws once more, toes splaying and gripping the ground. Aiming to roll his head out and to his right, Soliloquy would tilt his head upwards, opening his jaws hoping to bite and grip the lower part of Valentine's throat. Soliloquy's lower jaw aimed at the trachea whilst the upper jaw would naturally wrap further around the left side of the throat, aiming to puncture the skin and potentially the trachea, a combination of this and the pressure upon the throat would hopefully cause some breathing difficulties.

VALENTINE vs SOLILOQUY
FAMILY'S FREEDOM
ROUND 2 of 2

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

02-04-2015, 12:52 PM

Contact was made between Valentine's right shoulder and his opponent's chest sending a ripple of pain through the giant. Later a modest bruise would spring up along the bony front of his shoulder – a small price to pay in the long run.

His teeth grazed the bridge of Soliloquy's nose as the smaller brute moved to retreat, but Valentine was unwilling to allow the other time to adjust their positioning. He kicked forward again, attempting to rapidly the close meager distance between them and not only maintain the positioning he established  previously, but to once more use his shoulder as a lance. If successful, his right shoulder would still be lined up with the center of Soliloquy's neck. Valen jutted his right shoulder forward and attempted to drive the bony front of it into the upper trachea of his opponent. His was goal exactly the same as last time: crush.

Soliloquy managed to strike the left side hinge of Valentine's lower jaw, effectively rattling his teeth and briefly forcing his jaws together. A moderate bruise would later form along the point of contact. The move stung and sent pain flaring up along his jaw, but he pushed through it. It only served to fuel the fire.

Through all of this, Valentine's defenses either adapted to serve him better or remained rock solid. He kept his chin tucked and his shoulders rolled forward. His hackles stood stiffly over a body held rigidly, each muscle group primed and ready to act at a moment's notice. For balance his tail was held level with his spine, his knees were bent slightly, his stance was wide, his toes were splayed, his weight was centered and his nails dug into the ground.  His ears pressed flat against his head and his eyes were kept narrowed.

Next his opponent would move as if to bite into his throat and Valentine, having none of it, moved to counter the blow. As Soliloquy moved towards his target, Valentine tipped his head down and to his left. His jaws flung wide as he attempted to trap the smaller brute's gaping jaws from above. If successful, his upper teeth would sink into the top of Soliloquy's big squishy nose while his lower teeth would hook his (Sol's) chin and drive his jaws closed in a tooth shattering blow. [counter; damage pending]

VALENTINE versus SOLILOQUY for FORCE CLAIM OF FAMILY
(Soliloquy, Isolde, Colette, Shakespeare and Caesar)

Round TWO of TWO

"Speaking" -- "Thinking"

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
02-15-2015, 01:03 PM

VALENTINE vs SOLILOQUY for force claim of family  (Soliloquy, Isolde, Caesar, Colette and Shakespeare)

Round 1

SOLILOQUY:
6 for clarity:-2 which left paw is he attacking Valen with, which right paw of Valen's is he trying to hit.  Silly I know, but you need to be specific. -2 how is he moving his head to get at Valen?
6 for powerplaying.  -2 "at the last moment" try to avoid this phrase, it assumes you were successful in closing the distance.  -2 the way your subsequent attacks are worded (the last paragraph  "As he settled upon the ground…") a lot of it is assuming Valen's still in the same position after the shoulder throw. You need to make sure you give your opponent room to respond.
8 for defenses. +1 for each seen
5 for attack.+1 shoulder attack (-1 for realism, it's unlikely Sol could generate enough force to dislocate Valen's shoulder from that distance)  +1 paw stamp  +2  bite (-1 clarity)
10 for injuries.First round

Round one SOLILOQUY Total: 34/50

VALENTINE:

7 for clarity: -1 make sure to specify who's right, especially with two males, annoying I know but you need to do it.  -1 how far to the left is he moving? -1 which left paw is he lifting?  such a pain in the ass I know  xD
10 for powerplaying. none seen
10 for defenses. +1 for each seen
8 for attack. +2 shoulder throw +1 maim attempt +3 jaw attack +1 maim attempt -1 realism (I don't find it believable he could twist around that far) +1 paw attack +1 maim attempt
10 for injuries. First Round

Round one VALENTINE Total: 45/50

Round 2

SOLILOQUY:
5 for clarity:-2 where exactly on Sol's chest did Valen strike land? The center? Upper? lower? Too either side? -1 where exactly did the attack on his muzzle land?  I have the general idea but I'm not sure what you mean by last inch -2 how is he attempting to align his head?  parallel? perpendicular? what angle? - 1 whose right is he twisting his head to?  annoying I know but with two males you need to specify who "his" is.
7 for powerplaying. -3 you need to give your opponent time to respond to your attacks.  Right after the head butt you have him with four paws on the ground and doing more attacks, Valen could've moved during this time.  
5 for attack. +2 head but +1 maim attempt +3 bite -1 powerplaying

8 for injuries.-1 bruising -1 laceration to muzzle

Round two SOLILOQUY Total: 35/50

VALENTINE:
7 for clarity: -3 what is the exact positioning he's trying to achieve, if you use positioning from a previous post you need to state it in full, angle, etc.
10 for powerplaying. none seen
6 for attack.+2 shoulder throw +1 maim +3 bite  
7 for injuries. -2 moderate bruising to jaw and shoulder -1 for pending bite damage

Round two VALENTINE Total: 40/50

Totals:

SOLILOQUY: 69/100
VALENTINE: 85/100

And the winner is...

VALENTINE! Soliloquy must give up by either submitting, fleeing, or passing out. Soliloquy and his family now belong to Valentine/Imperium.

Damage:

Soliloquy: light bruising and lacerations (a few ooc days)

Valentine:  moderate bruising (a few ooc days)  moderate bite (1 ooc week)

Notes:

Tips for both writing, and some suggestions. (no points are deducted here)

Notes

Good work guys!  I apologize if this seems a bit rushed, I have company over.

For Eldarwen

Good fight!  Your first round was well done but your clarity started to drop the second round but that's pretty typical for everyone so don't feel down about it.  Make sure you give your opponent time to respond and polish up some of your clarity issues and you'll be a good fighter! I was really quite impressed.

For Laz

Great job!  Not a whole lot to add that's not above in the notes. You've really grown as a fighter!

- By [Lunarcat7]

Soliloquy

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
02-15-2015, 04:06 PM
ooc: Due to the injuries being pretty mild on both sides and Sol certainly not ready to give up I hope you don't mind that I've reshuffled the attacks slightly Laz, just so one of those throat attacks can be the cause for the quick end.

The fight could have continued for much longer, neither wolf was ready to give in and of course neither one of them at any risk of bleeding out just yet. Whether clouded by anger or simply suffering from yet more bad luck however Soliloquy would find the fight put to a terrible end on his behalf. His throat opened up nicely as he angled his head for the bite and Valentine's shoulder would meet it with enough force that Soliloquy would find himself suddenly grounded and more severely winded than the strike to the chest earlier. To top things off that momentary lack of air would leave him unconscious for a few moments, his bite evidently failing and Valentine's attempt to close his jaws unnecessary, they weren't doing any damage from down here.

Caesar I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
02-15-2015, 04:20 PM

Caesar had been called back, his father growling at him and telling him to quit it. With his face contouring into one of rebellion, but for once in his life he listened. When his father went to land the closing blow, he gasped as Valentine bit around his throat and his giant of a father fell down to the earth. The boy's rage grew as he tossed himself towards Valentine, attempting to bring himself closer to Valentine's front left leg. Dipping his little head he attempted to lock his jaws around Valentine's left ankle, trying to sink his teeth in to get the man to back away from his father, as well as feel more pain. "Stop it! Stop!" Caesar growled out, jumping back away from the tall man even if his bite had not landed. He wasn't really looking for a fight -- for once -- but his Father was in a vulnerable position right now, and he was unsure if the mountain man was going to hurt him more. Only he could hurt his family, no one else! Caesar moved to stand in front of Sol's body, snarling at the brute to make sure he didn't come any closer.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

02-15-2015, 08:41 PM

Victory was his. His opponent had put up a good fight, that was undeniable, but in this case it wasn't enough. The other would fall to the ground in a daze with Valentine looming over him. The boy, his actions no longer cute, made a piteous attempt to bite him again and the king, quite tired of his shenanigans and wired from the fight, lifted his left forepaw and attempted to backhand the child across the face, hopefully flinging him out of the way.

His eyes on the father in case he was down but not out, Valentine tipped his chin up and howled out a claim. His search for new territory was complete: the Range belonged to Imperium. The family was merely a bonus.

Speaking to the brute at his paws, Valentine said, "Welcome to Imperium. You may stay in your den here if you wish, but to ensure that you don't slink off in the middle of the night, your children will be coming with me." The arrangement was temporary and taking the children was simply a small precaution. If any of them ran, children included, he would find them and see to it they would never be able to run again.

"Speaking" -- "Thinking"