gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
10-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Bass was quick to explain himself, and most of the news had already been stated, but as he went on Shai would become slightly surprised. He'd listen intently as Bass offered up his long thought out plan, and as Shai listened he could find no fault in it. He'd not known the wolves of Threar, but he did know that they were his wife's family and he was not about to stand for such indecent acts upon such a peaceful pack. Standing from his seated position he'd look up to his leader with determination in his gaze, it was his duty to protect his family, and he would not be backing down now. He'd look to his mate, proud of her as well as eager to fight at her side. "I will follow you into battle, Bass." His massive form would not sway as he stood tall, knowing the rest of the pack would follow as well. They stood together, and they fought for their family.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Calypsei

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
10-07-2015, 12:35 PM

Calypsei sat as a bundle of nerves until Tinaro showed up, sitting beside her and she found herself not as tense, simply because she had a friend nearby and that was a comfort she needed. Her parents would have called her weak for that, but she saw it as strength. Sometimes the bravest thing someone could do was ask for help. Bass began his speech, and quickly Calypsei soaked up every word that he had to say, analyzing things as she broke them down into pros and cons. She was going to make her decision logically, instead of anything else like emotionally or on a whim. He spoke, and she related, agreed, and was determined to fight beside him. Shai, her training partner, stepped up and she nodded. “I will fight with you.” She would say next, a serious look on her face – not a smile. This was war.

Help me with PROJECT DANCE or PLOT WITH ME

Avatar Credit goes to euphoriclies on dA/Sarah on RoW

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
10-07-2015, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 12:56 PM by Motif I.)

Motif bared her teeth at the mention of Threar's fall, making it clear to bass where she stood on that. She was furious, their cousins where sweet and passive, deserving of their peaceful home. Of this Sin, she knew nothing of him or his intentions and she wholeheartedly agreed with Bass. Sin did not deserve to sit happily on his throne as through what he had done was acceptable. Abaven would avenge its lost sister pack, they would defend themselves from this unknown assailant. The news of Allen surprised her, she had not expected this from one who had led at Bass's side, to abandon them now.

When Bass asked for those who wished to volunteer to speak she rose to her feet, pulling herself to her full height, fire in her eyes and teeth bared. “You have always, and will always, have my fangs, brother mine. Let us taste the blood of our enemies together. Bass, before we leave, I wish to challenge for Azgrat, to stand truly at your side through thick and thin” she grinned at Bass then, she might not be a blood thirsty wolf by nature, but she heard the call to arms. she grinned at her mate, who's voice had risen before her own, and sat back beside the small group she had settled around. here was Shai, and Star, and her oldest daughter. she hoped the two children beside them would take the healers choice, and she and Shai would fight at her brothers side.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
10-07-2015, 12:56 PM
Starling would smile softly to his brother when he greeted him, and he nodded slowly. "M-my entire l-life h-has been t-training for s-something like this" He said softly, before turning his eyes back to Bass. So many wolves of Abaven came in so suddenly that he could barely keep up, but he'd offer a smile to everyone that greeted him or looked in his direction. When Motif sat beside him, he would smile up at her, and lean over to nuzzle at her shoulder before sitting up again.

When Bass began to speak, he wasn't at all surprised. He had known something like this would transpire perhaps before his father. He had just...never known it would be their family in the crosshairs. He didn't know it would be Threar that would fall. And oh, Hellstrom would be stopped. When Bass spoke to him, he perked up, blue eyes widening slightly. He was giving him the task? Excitement coursed through him then, the chance to show everyone what he could do. They would fight, and when it was all over, Starling would make everything okay again. He would stand at the end of Bass's speech, looking at his father. "S-since returning from S-sonticus, I have b-been w-working tirelessly t-to gather battle h-herbs. I a-am confident I h-have e-enough, but an-anyone wh-who wishes to a-add to th-the stock is w-welcomed. We c-can never have too m-much. I'll n-need all the h-healers, and a-anyone wishing to v-volunteer, to h-help move i-it a-all. I will g-go to Avian E-esturary to set up a safe, secure l-location, and b-before the battle b-begins, Father, I w-will n-need that a-assistance." He stuttered yet somehow with confidence. A small smile would touch his lips then as he looked at Bass. "Possiamo noi tutti trovare la vittoria... insieme, come una sola." He said softly before sitting down again, allowing others to speak if they wished. He had a lot more work ahead of them, before the battle began.

"Burn Baby Burn" | "Italian"

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
10-07-2015, 12:56 PM

Quelt's eyes opened widely for a moment. He almost tripped on his own feet as his paws dug into the dirt. There was no way Allen would just leave.... not unless Bass had said something about it. Quelt stared at the ground, wasn't this a personal grudge, though he knew threar's majority was Bass' family. Quelt's inner thoughts made him slightly freak out. His chest heaving, he almost felt like he was suffocating. His tail twitching he shook his head, having to make this decision so quickly was throwing him for a loop. All his personal reasons aside, there was already two standing by him. Imperium was going to help as well, but for what price did that come?

Quelt looked up at Bass with a pained expression. "I wish I fully backed you up on this Bass." he mused as he stood up. Shaking, he never thought he would shake this bad. His brows furrowed, "How do you know Sin is after the destructions? What if he's just another man who sought out the closest pack to his convenience. I hate to disagree, but.... even Allen he wouldn't just pack up and leave. He's a respectable man who thinks things thorough before charging in on them." Quelt shook his head back and forth. "As much as I WANT to stand beside you. As much as I WANT to support Abaven.... it almost seems like... you're throwing us into a war over your personal reasons. A grudge with Sin himself." he sat down. Maybe if he had known more, he would agree he was neither yes or no, but he was still confused. "I'm not saying I won't fight, Abaven is my home. I have a son and a daughter to look after. But I ask that you think for a moment.... if this is a personal fight because threar was your family. Do you really want to drag others into it? If you are sure, positively positive that they are a threat. I will stand by you." Quelt looked at the others. Young a prideful, he knew where his loyalties led. He just wanted to make sure Bass was sure. If Allen left.... it must have been for a reason. It meant, something in him tore him from his home. He just hoped Bass didn't hate Allen for that.

Speech,

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
10-07-2015, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 01:06 PM by Shaye I.)

Shaye looked up at her Uncle and leader, and would get lost in his words. She heard the passion in his speech, the fire in his eyes, and then in moments after she would hear the calls of the wolves around her, their strength and passion where his entirely and she was awestruck for a moment. She wondered how it might feel to be Bass, to lead such a charge, to hear his wolves answer in strength. Even her own mother seemed caught up in the moment, calling out a challenge to get first pick at fighting at Bass's side, like there was no greater honor in the world. Shaye's eyes got a little teary, as she realized... this was what family looked like, all of them, these wolves, so ready to stand at each others side. Well, at least that was so until one wolf called out in protest, Shaye shot daggers at the wolf for ruining the mood, even through she was no fighter herself. Timidly, she puffed up her chest and spoke. “I'm with you Bass, you have my healers bag. I wish I had gotten to know Threar better, and that chance was ripped from me. Give them hell Uncle” she said, and nudged Star who was near her. “We should get together after this, compare our supplies and ideas, what do you think?” she asked him softly. Her eyes however sought out Lillie even as they spoke, where would she go, would she fight? She felt a sudden stab of worry for the other girl.

"speech"  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Limno

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
10-07-2015, 01:11 PM
I DON'T WANT THAT FOR YOU.
Limno took a step back as she watched Quelt. Concern crossed her face until she heard him speak. She had only ran into Allen once while she was pregnant. During that time, he had been in a rather dark place. Though she did think Allen wouldn't have left so easily, last she knew his children were sick. Who in their right mind would move their children while they were sick unless something happened? She did however think that it was important to stand by in a pack, or at least she thought so. "I've never been in a situation like this. I am no fighter but I can run really fast. I could always help with messages and other things just put me to work." she pressed up against Quelt for a moment.

"Try not to think of why... think of it as for your family." maybe that would at least put him a little at ease. She didn't want the two of them fighting over something so stupid. Though it made her skin crawl. If it meant her children were in danger, she was automatically ready to kick some ass even if she wasn't good at it. Never underestimate a mother.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Lillianna

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
10-07-2015, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 01:35 PM by Lillianna.)
Lillianna would stand up to speak, but she was beaten by others: Shai first, standing, and declaring his allegiance and willingness to battle. The girl Calypsei followed, her blue fur bright in the sun. Motif would rise, and Lillie would find herself free of the anger that had crippled her - instead, she was focused on the unity, the pack... her thoughts and feelings about Motif did not matter now; they were pack, and that was all that mattered. Starling would pip up, and she'd listen to his stuttering word, pride flashing in her eyes and obvious on her face as she watched the boy. There was a determination, a confidence despite the stuttering, and she loved that; she loved even more the eloquent words of Italian that fell from his lips at the end, despite her ignorance to their meaning.

She would remain quiet this time, waiting to see if any others would speak up before she did: it appeared there were others waiting to speak, and she was not wrong. Quelt spoke, doubting, hesitating, asking Bass to reconsider. While she did not doubt that this siege was also for personal reasons, she also knew that you did not question your alpha. Not in a time like this, not publicly. She'd clench her jaw as he continued speaking, but by the end, she could not keep her mouth shut. She whirled on the male, eyes glittering. Despite this, she was not hostile - her ears were pricked, not flattened in anger. Her fur was flat, not bristling. No, she was not angry - not visibly, anyways. "Do you think he hasn't considered?" she hissed at blue male. "This has been in the plans for nearly two months! Shortly after the challenge, he had me go investigate Sin's pack - their numbers, their warriors; the females, the males - two months ago. There are times when you can question your alpha, but this is not one of them." The last statement had dropped her voice, but she was still loud and clear - and right. She turned from the man, and cast her gaze upon the gathering.

"I am not the alpha here. I am barely a Gison. However, I do know that this is a time where we need to stand together. Any doubts, hesitations, problems, they can be dealt with after. For if you hesitate, if you doubt, then you do not truly trust this man leading us," her voice was strong, and passionate; wild, fiery - that was Lillie, and it was embodied fully in her words, in her actions, in her very posture. She would spin back around to face Bass. "I will fight with you, Bass. I am Abaven's; completely and wholeheartedly, and I will fight with you until I've no more breath to give," she declared, tail raising above her spine, eyes sparkling with a fiery, dark passion.

She would stand there a moment more before turning and stalking towards Starling and Shaye. She'd stare at them, almost defiantly, daring them to challenge her words. "I will assist the healers before the battle." The words would drift to whoever was listening, but mainly, the words were for the two in front of her. Her eyes would try to lock onto Star's, then Shaye's; trying to pass on what she felt, this unity, this fire. To communicate why, for she was not certain if either healer would completely understand.

"Speech" "Language"
Note: Lillie has scars over her right eye and down her cheek. She also has scars under her chin and on her jaw. Her tables and art will most likely not reflect this. Unless it is specified otherwise, assume Lillianna is accompanied by her companion.

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
10-07-2015, 01:40 PM

His worries soon washed away as his wolves began to stand up and speak to him, saying that they would fight by his side. Shai was the first to reply, saying that he would fight. He gave the larger male a thankful nod, turning to do the same to the ocean coloured girl. It was when Motif stood and growled that he beamed a smile at her, pride flaring in his eyes. Her challenge brought him to a pause though, head tilting to the side slightly. "We should not waste our energy on a fight before hand, Motif. But if this does come to battle, I can assess you there and see what I think. Maybe then I can determine if we need to fight at a later date." He smiled swiftly at her though, never before had he felt that much pride in his own pack. He was brimming with it now, feeling like he was going to explode with it. Starling was the next to speak, asking for the aid of other healers as well as for them to combine their herbs. His son's words in Italian shook him to the core, no truer words had ever been spoken. "Come uno, mio figlio. Sono così fiero di te." He said to him alone, knowing that only his family would be able to understand those words.

But when Quelt began to speak, his head snapped in the older man's direction, his eyes narrowing as his lips curled back. "Do you think that I would put my pack and family on the line for a personal issue?" he snarled, raising to his own paws as he eyed the taller man down. Allen and Quelt had been in his pack the longest, through thick and thin, and it really hurt to see that both were arguing him on this. "Starling came back from Sonticus with a warning about this man. Right after he told me, Sin challenged for Threar. But with the warning came a sense of his personality, and that he will stop at nothing to get what he wants. Are we supposed to lay here like sitting ducks and wait for him to come to us? Do you really think that I would just sit here and wait until my family was targeted next?" He snapped. Forcing his eyes closed he took several deep breaths, trying to calm the rage that was building up inside of him. "Allen left because he thought that I was going to lead Abaven against Sin's pack without first discussing it with everyone. But that is exactly what I am doing now. I would never force anyone to fight. If you disagree with me, you can stay here and help look after the young ones. I will not make you fight Quelt, even if you cannot see my reasoning behind it. But I would never, ever, put lives on the line for something that I think I could take care of myself." His eyes opened, some of the anger dying out. Did Quelt not see that after all the challenges that Bass had put himself in? To defend his pack against all that stood against it? But he could not face down an entire pack himself. If he thought he could, then he would never ask for his pack to potentially put themselves in harms way.

He was thankful when Limo spoke, calling his attention away from Quelt for a moment. "Limno if you would like you can act as an aid between the healers and fighters, a line of communication for us. Carry any messages of lack of herbs, or any aid that they might need. You can also guide the injured wolves to Starling and his gang." His voice was still a little rough, but he smiled softly at the woman. He could tell that she was worried for her mate, and yet still spoke soothing words to him. His gaze flickered over to Shaye, and he offered the girl a tense smile. "I am sure that Starling will take all the help he needs, thank you." His golden eyes rested on Quelt then, waiting for the man to speak. While he was not sorry for the words he had spoken, he still regretted his flash of anger. But it stung, to have Quelt think of him like that.

His eyes narrowed in on Lillianna as she spoke, and it was true. While he had not told the girl what his plans were, he did want to know their numbers. He said nothing to her but nodded at her offer to fight. He was still shaken up about Quelt, and while he should probably tell her to pipe it down a bit, his gaze went right back to Quelt. He had to know what the man thought.

"SPEAK!"

Art by Evelyn

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
10-07-2015, 02:01 PM

The male was slightly distracted by the smaller female pressing into him. It seemed his faith had wavered because his head was spinning. He looked at Lillie and to Bass, hadn't he just said if enough of them disagree'd that they wouldn't go through with this? So now he was acting like Quelt was in the wrong. Frankly, it pissed him off a little that Bass would question his own independence like he was some sort of slave. That was, until the man was finished talking. He was not arguing with Bass, he was not opposing him he just needed that sort of kick and information. It made him shrug Limno off of him, standing at his full height as he pulled back his fangs. If it was one thing he didn't like, it was that he felt Bass was looking down on him. This anger though, wasn't gestured at his fellow packmates, the family that he held dear. He was just pissed off now that Sin had gotten them into this situation.

Quelt's tail flicked back and forth in his rage. "You two act as if I was turning my back on Abaven." for a moment he smiled, the man could be as dangerous as he was cuddly. "I am the son of a duke in my old kingdom. I am a warrior of Abaven and I've been through thick and thin with you Bass. I've never seen you this angry, I have not seen your strifes. But it would mean the world to me if I could stand by your side in this fight. Abaven is and always will be my home. My children will grow up here and I hope they understand and stay to honor it's name as a whole." he placed a paw down in front of him. "Whatever it takes, I am not letting them lay a hand on our home." his eyes moved over to Lillie for a moment. It was true and that was how he felt. After all Quelt was a man who had been lost many times. Bass was his best friend, it angered him a little that others were getting close to him. Was this was jealousy felt like. The end of his tail twitched, they would know pain. They would know the devil inside of him that Venus taught him to release out of his own will.

"They won't lay a hand on Abaven." in the back of his mind his teeth were already gnawing at the bones. As much as his inexperience left him, Lillie was right. Any hesitation could mean their death, if this man was anything like they said. His chest heaved a little, there were matters they would worry about later on. The main thing mistakes made was because of miscommunication. Clarity was something Quelt craved and what he had gotten. It was clear in the dark matters of his face. This anger was something he didn't want to let consume him, but it was there to bite down into the enemy.

Speech,

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
10-07-2015, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2015, 05:32 PM by Karabela.)

Having only been in Abaven for a short while Karabela had next to no feelings regarding the fall of Threar.  She'd travelled far and wide but couldn't remember ever hearing about them and she supposed if it was a quiet, hippie pack that was to be expected.  However, she found it almost laughable that everyone was so upset that a peaceful pack had been attacked.  What a world it would if just by minding your own business other's would leave you alone!  If just by being kind and good no evil or hard times would ever befall you.  What a joke.  Karabela knew full well the world didn't work that way and it was probably their peacefulness that made them a target in the first place.  She cursed her own innocence and the deaths it had led to and thus she'd left such childish ideology behind her a long time ago.

However, regardless of that, the call of battle sung a vivid chorus in her veins and sent excitement pumping through her heart.  Yes!  This was the moment she'd been waiting for.  A chance not only to prove her worth as a warrior but also to prove… to prove to her mother that she was worthy of her surname.  Raba could not hope to best a woman who'd slain a bear and gave her life to save her foolish daughter.  But she would start here.  She would march to the drum of war and face those that would be deemed her enemies and she would not flinch or turn away.  The second it began she would dive in with everything she had and leave a massacre in her wake.  

Karabela ignored the speeches and the arguments as she stepped forward to address Bass. "I'm going with you.  I have to earn my keep and a Thyre will not turn her back when the battle call is sounded."  She grinned and steeled herself for the horror to come.  Others would speak of their deeds of preparation but she didn't give a flip.  She had only her fangs and that was all she need.  A pair of good fangs and a pound of tenacity.  

Karabela marched over to Starling and moved to playfully nip at his shoulder. "I'll help you with the great salad migration, Star." She grinned and sat down next to him while the adults finished up.

[Image: qqwoqe.png][Image: karabelas_by_nnightcrawler-dais5gp.png]
[Image: k1dtly.png]
I'll take my throne, lay it on a mountain and make myself a king

Zell

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

1KFamousTreat 2019
10-07-2015, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 10:17 PM by Zell.)

So this what it was all about? He listened quietly to Bass as he spoke of what they were to do. However, the reasoning behind it...was a bit absurd. They were going to war over another fallen pack...that was...ridiculous in his mind. To put your warriors at risk over a war for revenge? At least, that's what it sounded like. Although he had never heard of Threar, or even the guy that Bass seemed so...afraid of, he remained quiet as everyone else spoke their peace. He had an aloof look on his face, showing nothing else as he silently thought. Allen had left huh? It must have been for good reason...he felt Bass was keeping something from them just to rile them up with some excuse to go at war with a pack that really, hadn't done anything to Abaven or even touched them. But yet...he wanted to go to war because a pack that has family, fell. Well whoopdy doo! It happened all the time, however, as Quelt had brought the questions he was thinking, Bass was quick to shut him down.

Zell's eyed narrowed slightly, he seemed to bent on this that it seemed like even if someone refused to fight, he would probably banish them from Abaven...just like Allen had said he wouldn't fight, and he was gone. He supposed Bass was giving them an ultimatum whether he said it aloud or not. Then the brat would turn on Quelt, didn't she ever learn to shut the hell up and not get involved with shit that didn't directly involve her? God she was so nosy...he would refrain from speaking anything to her though, just like she had been doing to him. Still no apology from her since the hunt, evidently Star hadn't rubbed off on her, but Star was also someone he could call a friend now. Clearing his throat, he would shift slightly though kept his mouth shut. His gaze turned away, whether Bass chose to kick him out for not speaking to join in, well...that was on him. Personally, he had no beef with anyone...He wasn't particularly fond of getting into another war...this would be the second since he was born. But it was this, or risk being kicked out again. Then again, what was the difference?

"Talk"
Tracker||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Félicien

gems
size
build
player
10-08-2015, 04:35 PM

Félicien would listen to Bass as he spoke, calm with everything, until one particular sentence was spoken. "I would like to ask Dart to stay behind and look after the young ones, as well as Félicien." Hearing his own name included the young man would be crestfallen, his ears lowering some. He wasn’t to fight? He wasn’t to avenge Threar?

But Bass had a point. The little ones would need comfort, assurance that they would be alright. Féli would dip his head respectfully towards Bass, giving a small, yet sad, smile. “I understand Bass. I’ll do my best to help the others who remain behind hold down the fort.” The young man would say. It would be easier if Tac was allowed to be here with him but alas she couldn’t be. He would get to his paws, dipping his head to Bass. “Consider me with you, even if I can't be on the front lines.”

"Listen to me talk," 'but read my thoughts.'

Table by:: Eldarwen

Sparrow I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
10-08-2015, 06:16 PM
Before her dad spoke, other approached. Starling stepped in and said he was ready. He already knew what was going on? Of course he did... He knew everything... Lark came up and bumped him, asking if he was ready. Lark knew too? Sparrow looked down and grit her teeth as she was easily lost in the words. War? They were going to war? Starling had already known and said nothing to her. Lark had already known, and he had kept quiet too. They hadn't told her to stock up her herbs or anything. How long had her brothers known? Allen had known too, so who else had her dad told? Was he singling her out, not wanting to tell her things because she wasn't as experienced as Starling or as everywhere as Lillie? Why had he told her brothers and not her? What was wrong with her? As her dad spoke of their injustices, Sparrow shook her head slightly. They didn't need a war. Why couldn't one just fight this Sin alone if all of this was his fault. Did they have pups too? Families? they would be no better than Sin to attack innocent families that had fallen in with a rotten leader...

Bass distributed jobs, saying Starling was in charge of the healers. that made sense, but Sparrow, feeling left out and hurt already, took it personally. Many other wolves stepped up to fight, surprising Sparrow. This whole time... They were all so ready to fight? Sparrow let out a sharp, wavering breath and turned. She needed a minute. She was about to announce that she would ger her herbs, but then Starling spoke up,

"I a-am confident I h-have e-enough, but an-anyone wh-who wishes to a-add to th-the stock is w-welcomed."

Sparrow stopped. Did he just know they were going to battle that he had enough herbs for battle? Sparrow had thought her pack peaceful, but now she wasn't sure. Quelt spoke up, voicing some questions:

"How do you know Sin is after the Destructions? What if he's just another man who sought out the closest pack to his convenience. I hate to disagree, but.... even Allen, he wouldn't just pack up and leave. He's a respectable man who thinks things thorough before charging in on them... As much as I WANT to stand beside you. As much as I WANT to support Abaven.... it almost seems like... you're throwing us into a war over your personal reasons. A grudge with Sin himself."

Sparrow stayed quiet, a tiny gasp slipping between her lips... She agreed with this man. Could her father be wrong? No! It was wrong to doubt her father! Sparrow's hear hammered in her chest, confusing clouding her mind. She didn't know what to say, but she didn't think he was totally wrong in his questions. He was being respectful and cautious. This was the type Sparrow felt Abaven was. Think, then act, though now they were all throwing themselves into battle... But this was about family. This was about Threar. They couldn't just stand aside, but... had Sin been wrong? She couldn't think like that! She knew she couldn't, only, she wondered too.

Immediately the mood changed. It seemed everyone thought Quelt was very wrong. Lillie snapped, hissing at Quelt. Sparrow stood, this time, coming over to put herself between the very (for whatever reason) suddenly angry Lillie and Quelt. A growl rumbled in her throat, "Maybe you knew it was in the plans, but not all of us did. Some of us are surprised and have questions and, you know, that's okay. I have questions too and my own father is leading us. That's why he called this meeting, right? To answer questions and to come to a confident position and now you're turning on a member because he has a few doubts at this plan? Do you remember Starling and Zell's little tiff? How we argued about being family? You don't snap at your family because they have questions and concerns, Lillie. Questions don't break our unity, but clarification makes it stronger. You lead hunts in this pack, you should know that."

The red woman had declared her thoughts about joining the fight and Sparrow shot a glance back to Quelt. Her dad stepped in and offered a scolding, though it was better explained than Lillianna's outburst of passion or whatever she thought it was. Quelt seemed to finally agree to fight, but Sparrow didn't feel done. She didn't feel resolved. She didn't want this fight to happen. Why did they all have to go instead of just one or two to deal with the problem wolf called Sin, "Father, why must we go to war against all of them? You sent Lillianna, but do they have families? What will become of them- the ones who may be innocent, but fell in the wrong place? I am not here to challenge, but I am also very scared and unsure. This is the first I'm hearing about this and I understand why we are angry and what it means to stick together, but I don't understand why we must siege them instead of taking down a cruel leader." her voice was shaking slightly, but she held her position. She looked at Lillie with sharp eyes, telling her this question was not directed at her this time. If she had so much faith in Bass, she should let him explain his thoughts rather than jumping at the throat of the first person who had a question, "Of course I will be standing by Abaven, even if I have questions... Healing... I don't fight anyway, but I think the fighters should prepare themselves too. With the healers, we can set up the camp and wait, but if the fighters try too hard and spread themselves too thin before the battle-" Sparrow looked to the high-strung Lillianna, "-it will affect their fighting. They should focus on getting plenty of water and stretching and resting up a bit. During that time, the healers can set up the healing center."

Sparrow finished with a flick of her tail, her eyes dashing back to her father. She didn't mean to cause a scene, but how could she and Sparrow get scolded for getting onto Zell after insulting Lillianna, but Lillianna didn't get scolded when she chewed out Quelt who simply had doubts about a life-changing event. Sparrow really wasn't sure what had made her pack so different suddenly. Maybe Lillianna had always been this way and Sparrow simply hadn't known. This was a high-energy time and she bet everyone was just on edge... She knew she was.

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
10-08-2015, 06:35 PM
Naturally, when most of the Abaven wolves gathered together, there tended to be drama. He tilted his head towards Quelt, reguarding him with bright blue eyes as he waited for him to finish. They would all speak up, his father trying to explain his situation while fighting through his hurt honor. Starling understood it well, he knew the sadness his father had had when Allen had left, and knew how much he cherished loyalty. So when Quelt brought up his reservations, Starling knew there would be something to come for this. He both expected and didn't expect for Lillie to speak up, and he turned his eyes to her, lips drawing in a thin line. "Lillie." He said with a deep voice, hoping to curb her drama. "L-learn your place." He said slowly. When he had spoken up against Zell, it was at a hunt, this was an official meeting with Bass leading it. It was Bass's call to speak up against Quelt, not hers. He just stared before sighing as Sparrow's own voice rang up, and he would quickly turn his eyes to her again. "Y-you both c-call yourself d-diplomats.." He said slowly, watching his sister. He was very disappointed. "Wh-when I was in S-sonticus, Sin was a m-member, and A-arian had w-warned me, u-up an-and d-down to w-watch th-this m-man. She s-said he c-could b-be the d-death of h-her, that sh-she was t-terrified o-of him." He said loud enough for them all to hear then, even though Bass had already said it. But he just sighed and turned back to Sparrow as she said the fighters should rest, and the healers would transport the stock. "I w-will t-take all th-the help I can, Sparrow. If w-we all w-work t-together, I-it will o-only t-take on tr-trip each. We m-must be s-sure o-our c-camp is s-set up. I-if there are i-injured, we m-may have to st-stay over n-night u-untill we c-can move them" He said then, looking up at his father and hoping he wasn't stepping on toes. He didn't want to ruin his chance. He'd look to Lillie and Raba then, a smile on his lips. "I a-appreciate your h-help." He said softly, smiling pointedly at Raba for her lack of drama. She understood what mercenary meant. He'd look at Shaye then and smile softly. "C-come b-by my d-den afterw-wards. Y-you can s-see what I h-have and w-what I need..."

Harmony

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah
10-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Harmony, motionless as her eyes tracked over the group after her brother's words dropped upon them, was troubled. This was the first actual meeting she had attended since she joined, so she could not say if this behavior was simply due to the stress of his unexpected announcement, or if it was normal for the pack. Finally she stood from Bass' side. "That is enough," she spoke calmly, but firmly, her eyes sweeping them all equally. "This is not the way a family acts toward one another. Having doubts about a war does not mean someone does not respect the alpha, and he did ask for our thoughts." Her gaze rested on Lillie's quietly, then shifted to Bass with apologies written clearly. "As it happens I do not feel that a war is entirely the best course of action in this case. Our family will be in a great deal of danger for revenge and the very real risk of making an enemy where there was none before. We have one wolf's word that this man is dangerous to us, this Arian. Why do we trust that one wolf? Starling, I know you mean well, but you are still young. Your knowledge of the world is still very limited. Why should this other alpha's word carry so much weight to us? So much weight that it causes us to lose all sense of appropriate behavior towards our own family? Our own pack? That we would rush headlong into danger and belittle those who do not share that impulsiveness?" She shook her head sadly. "Bass, did he do anything to bring harm to any of our Threar family except to defeat our aunt in a combat that she accepted?"

She hesitated and took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "We all are affected by this Sin's actions in taking Threar. It seems those of us who do not share your enthusiasm are few, and so I do not doubt this siege will go forward. But I do not see the positives in taking it to war without further provocation. We will be leaving our children, and Imperium's children including our own kin there, with very little protection while we seek to even the score with this pack. Even the healers will be far from them and unable to protect them should something go awry. As it seems the majority already agrees to this siege I propose sending them and their guards to stay with Imperium's pups and their guards, or have Imperium's come here. It will be safer to have them hidden somewhere with more eyes to watch them all than to have them scattered and vulnerable. I will of course be among the healers in the estuary, but I do not wish to see any of my young nieces or nephews endangered while we are gone."

Lillianna

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
keanai

Famous
10-08-2015, 10:10 PM
She would sit near Starling when she felt the message was communicated, and she would keep her mouth shut, eyes flat and cold while the alpha spoke, giving his personal thoughts on. That would remain when Quelt spoke; she would not say a word, merely stare at him, emotionless. That dead gaze would be turned on Sparrow when she spat at Lillie; the only sign of Lillie's inner thoughts was a derisive curling of the lip, which lasted a mere second before smoothing out. This girl spoke of not snapping, and yet was growling and snarling at her. It was utterly disrespectful, and the Gison had to resist the urge to speak her mind. Then perhaps you shouldn't have spoken. The girl was a hypocrite; not even worthy of being listened to.

Starling would then speak up, and her head would whip around to stare at him. Her lip curled in a silent snarl, and her voice was chilled with her reply. "Perhaps you should learn yours, Vor." Her voice would be low, not audible except for those in the immediate vicinity. Eyes were narrowed and glittering with an icy anger; those eyes would linger on Star a bare second more before turning away, regardless if he was speaking or not. She would stand when the boy was done speaking, her indifferent expression not moving even when he was targeting specifically Raba. She'd turn her back on him, stalking back towards Finch, deliberately without a word until she was already starting towards Finch. She'd then speak only for a minute, before she was too far and she'd have to speak loudly, with once again only those in the vicinity hearing. "Call when I am needed." Her tone bid no arguments, nor any other option; it also expressly held the message of Do not call for any other reason. She would sit back next to Finch, if the girl allowed; lean on the bigger girl, or try, anyways, pressing into the warmth.

"Speech" "Language"
Note: Lillie has scars over her right eye and down her cheek. She also has scars under her chin and on her jaw. Her tables and art will most likely not reflect this. Unless it is specified otherwise, assume Lillianna is accompanied by her companion.

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
10-08-2015, 10:22 PM
Starling's eyes would turn to Lillianna as he heard her soft, cutting voice. Deep blue eyes would narrow as he stared at her, not saying a word as she stood and walked over to Finch. He would quickly look at his sister then, a sense of betrayal crossing his youthful face before it softened as he realized how stupid that was. Finch wouldn't do anything like that intentionally. Instead, he felt hurt slice through him from Lillianna, tacked onto the weight he held on his shoulders. Panic would rise up in him, lifting with it a rare anger...and that's when Harmony spoke. He'd breathe shallowly, turning wide blue eyes up to his aunt as he addressed them...him. There it was again...she was disappointed in him. It cut right through him, and his large eyes would grow wet before he suddenly snapped his jaw shut with a click. He had to get out of here, he had to leave. Every time he opened his mouth at one of these things, he created disappointment in the ones he respected most, in the ones he needed to impress. He worked so hard. His heart would rise into his throat before he suddenly stood. "I'll call w-when I need assis-stance." He said clearly before turning on his paws, his eyes closing tightly and his teeth clenching. He'd walk away from the meeting smoothly, feeling his hopelessness rise, choking him as his lashes grew wet and his brows furrowed. He didn't need help, he'd do it all himself. He just...had to work harder, show them he was intelligent, he did know what he was talking about. He had a reason for the things he said. Yet the determination lost to his desperation, the heavy disappointment in himself. He didn't belong with the fighters, he was always on a lower rung....he'd never be the son his father deserved, or the friend the wolves of Abaven needed. Not ever.

-Exit Starling-

(Sorry, I had to post again to respond, because inner starling needed to leave the meeting)

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
10-08-2015, 10:37 PM

Shaye would watch anxiously as once again a fight dissolved around here, similar culprits to the last time a meeting fell apart only this one ended with two friends turning their backs to each other. Tail tucked between her leg, she shoot Lillie an apologetic expression (one that said she was not choosing sides), she would have kissed the girls cheeks had she not moved away from them. Then, glancing at Bass her expression become more resolved and she hoped her Uncle could read in it that she intended to go and prepare for what was to come. She dipped her head curiously to him, turned, and walked out of the meeting after her cousin, turning her gait into a run once she was free of the crowd.

"Talk" "You" Think

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Shrike

gems
size
build
player
10-08-2015, 10:44 PM

The young man would listen to his father, listen to his packmates. He would breathe in, speaking up with his own opinions on the matter. “Father, I would like to believe that what Aunt Harmony is saying is the same sort of feelings Allen shared. I do not think that he would outright call you a fool, but rushing into battle, without first knowing the enemy, well, that’s extra danger in and of itself right there.” The boy felt the need to defend the calico man, since Quelt had tried and failed. He would breathe in.

“While I agree you could have some valid points, that the man is dangerous in some respects, it does not necessarily mean he is a threat to us. Yes he took Threar, yes we have a right to be angry about that, yes we should do something to punish him, but perhaps we should not act so rashly.” Shrike was being thoughtful.

“I stand with you, father, in going to war, but I feel that more needs to be known about this pack before we do anything. I vote on waiting and sending a spy to the pack to get inside information on them. More than just their numbers -- get their motives. It is only then that I think we should strike. But regardless of your decision of when, father, you can count me as part of the frontlines.” He would breathe in, noticing Star leave. He’d frown, dipping his head towards Bass.

“Forgive me father but I need to step out of this meeting.” ...and turning tail, his piece said, Shrike would make to leave.

--Exit Shrike.--

"Speech"

Table by:: Eldarwen