size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

Silver Medal 2020Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
01-08-2020, 08:36 AM
The shock on his face when she told him that her mother would be pulling the cart was absolutely priceless. The tiny wolf laughed aloud, rolling a bit as she did so. It was good to see some emotion other than sorrow on his scarred visage. Perhaps some day he might even smile. It would be a long time coming, but Iolaire found that she'd very much like to see him smile. He requested that she give Resin thanks and the prone woman nodded, the corners of her maw still pulled up in a grin.

Time passed and a comfortable silence stretched. Iolaire had closed her eyes again, the sunlight being a little too bright. Roan began to speak and she turned her head in his direction while still laying on her back. With the conversation turning serious, Iolaire rolled first to her stomach, then pulled herself into a seated position. "There are risks in every dangerous profession. The possibility is always there, but that doesn't make a loss any easier."

Iolaire could see the flash of emotion on Roan's face. She repositioned yet again, this time laying with their shoulders lightly touching. The woman lowered her head to her paws and released a small sigh. "Sirius isn't my true sibling. We adopted one another. I lost three brothers when I was young. My father had them killed and tried to have me killed as well." She shook her head, not wanting to get too in depth with the subject right now. "I was broken for a long time. But, while it still hurts, I decided that they would rather see me live than see me pining away for them. So, I'll do the best with what time I have left and honor their memories." Would that help him put things in perspective? She didn't know. That was simply her outlook on life without them.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Roan

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Critical Fail!
01-08-2020, 09:42 AM
She was amused at his reaction, but he wondered if she set him up for that reaction anyway. Were the situation different he might have smiled along with her, her laugh was infectious, but his sorrow weighed too heavily upon him still. His face would heal, his shoulder would heal eventually, but his heart would be the most difficult to repair.

Their conversation turned back to darkness, but he would capture her attention enough that she righted herself to look towards him. Her golden eyes were intense, but they held a great deal of compassion. She understood him clearly, something he might not have expected from the dainty woman. Iolaire understood completely though, going as far as saying she knew the loss would be difficult. Knowing the way Dapple was forced to leave the world, knowing how much life she still had. Knowing the fire in her eyes was so easily extinguished.

She didn’t dismiss his pain, she knew the difficulties he was struggling through. His jade eyes followed her as she settled back beside him, offering her shoulder in silent support as her head lowered to her paws. Inky ears perked as she spoke about herself and the Warlord at first. Roan listened quietly as she revealed her own loss. Her brothers, all murdered by their sire. Her own life was requested as well, and Roan felt an odd relief that she was spared the same fate.

Almost unconsciously he leaned over to nudge Io’s cheek supportively. The action was meant to be a comfort to the small she wolf but it worked the same for Roan. She offered her own introspection, yes she could have spent her life mourning but instead she had to make the decision to continue her life for them. Dapple wasn’t coming back, her life was ended. Thanks to Iolaire Roan was still present, he still existed and he could choose to live fully in his sister’s place.

”The pain never really goes away though, does it?” He asked softly as he lowered his head to his arms, so close to Iolaire he could hear her gentle breathing.

As his Wife Iolaire may enter any of his threads.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

01-08-2020, 10:37 AM
She had been partially lost in thought when he reached over to offer a gentle nudge to her cheek. The tiny dame brought her gaze to his. It was a kind gesture. He recognized her pain and could commiserate with her. They had both experience a similar loss. And, because of their chance encounter, they were not alone with that loss. Iolaire offered a sad smile at his gesture before he continued.

"No, the pain never goes away. The loss is always felt. It changes though. I'm no longer brought to my knees by the loss of my brothers. I still feel their absence keenly at times, but it's not as raw as it once was." That didn't mean that she missed them any less. It simply meant that she had learned to cope with their deaths.

"Are you comfortable?" She said suddenly. "Do you need anything?" Roan should be resting as much as possible. The sun had crept upon the furs and they didn't have much shade left. Was he getting overheated? He was her patient, after all. It was her duty to see to his comfort. Perhaps she was changing the subject because yes... the pain never went away.
Io has a dwarf caribou companion and a snow leopard companion. Assume they aren't with her unless stated otherwise.

Roan

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Critical Fail!
01-08-2020, 12:56 PM
She seemed to appreciate the gesture as they both were aware of the pain the other experienced. Iolaire didn’t dispute his words either, not that he expected her to. The pain of losing them today hurt just as bad as the day they were killed. One day the wound would scab over, but it would never heal. His eyes flicked away from her direction as she shifted quickly away from dwelling on loss.

”Yes, the warmth is nice.” Even in the desert the spring season was colder than it usually was. Roan heaved a great sigh of his own, other than keeping his water cup filled he wasn’t a needy patient. He leaned to his side, exposing his belly as he got comfortable on his side. Besides his heavy emotions he wasn’t expending much energy, but coupled with a full stomach and healing serious wounds he was ready to return to sleep. ”Maybe just some rest.”

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

01-10-2020, 04:37 PM
Despite her worries, Roan said that he was comfortable and really just wished to rest. Having been out and about all night, the small wolf could do with some rest herself. Ears tucked back against her skull momentarily before she asked, "Would you mind if I rested with you? I'm still rather tired." She didn't wish to force herself upon him. They were going to be spending more than enough time together over the next few months.

She stood beside the furs. The call would be his. If he wished to be alone for a while, she would go off and do some preparing. She still needed to put an awning over the cart for their travels on the morrow. If he accepted, however, she would gladly sleep with him. Next to him, rather. Next to him... right.

Roan

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Critical Fail!
01-11-2020, 07:40 PM
Roan tilted his head and watched her though his lidded jade gaze. Her ears fell to her skull as she asked her soft question about napping with him. He nodded slowly, ”Please do, it’s better..” He hesitated and his gaze fell to the furs on the ground. ”It’s better i’m not alone.” Roan finished and shifted himself slightly, not so he was uncomfortable but enough to allow her a place to snuggle up. He’d felt more comfortable after falling beside her earlier, having someone so close he didn’t focus so heavily on his loss and injury.

Dapple had been a huge part of his life, and dwelling on her was difficult for the silver marked titan. Iolaire offered him help in recovering from his own wounds and provided a perfect distraction from his dark thoughts. Having her close kept him grounded.

Iolaire

Somnium

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Acacia

01-12-2020, 09:29 AM
The brute eagerly agreed to let her sleep beside him and Iolaire grinned. Roan scooted aside, even though he didn't need to. She was small, after all. Didn't take up a lot of space. Stepping onto the furs, she gentle deposited herself beside him so as not to jostle his injury. Rather than curl into a ball, Iolaire pressed the length of her spine against his body.

A yawn tore from the lass and she slid her cheek along the furs, curling one foreleg up beneath her chin. Once she was comfortable, her eyes slowly drifted closed. Sleep had always been her enemy. Years of running from the murderous hounds of her father had trained her to sleep little and lightly. Sleeping beside someone though brought unconsciousness much more easily. And so, laying beside Roan, Iolaire slept deeply.

-Exit-