An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
10-05-2020, 07:46 AM
Given that the Ashen Empire was newly reborn Hattori wasn't certain of what troubles it faced. Whether Venom's reign would bring an era of growth and prosperity or conflict and strife. The fact she considered sloth to be a major cause of concern truly surprised the shinobi, his lips twisted just a little at the corners, but once he took a moment to think about it he understood what she meant. It was all rather self explanatory really, idle paws would only bring an empire to ruin. The issue with her brother was far more complex, especially since there was no way to tell if he would ever return to enact his revenge. In Hattori's mind the solution was a simple but logical one, there was no use in allowing threats to linger in the shadows, for her to have to live with the worry of her brother's return. He needed to die. But it was none of Hattori's business, unless Venom made it so. He kept his mouth shut as a good shinobi ought to.

The next question was an easy one and didn't require much thought.

"At home in his estate, I presume. Last I heard he had inherited a great deal of wealth... " Hattori side eyed Venom, his implication not very subtle at all. But that was all the information was he willing to give, for reasons he hoped she'd understand.

As they pushed on Hattori suspected they weren't so far from Ashen lands. The scent that clung to the young empress' coat was thick in the air and Hattori breathed in deep, knowing he'd carry it like a burden till the terms of their contract was fulfilled. Before they were done he had one more question to ask, though he wouldn't have been surprised nor offended if she squeezed in another one of hers. She was the empress after all and he her shinobi.

"What do you intend to do about this issue of sloth?"
[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
10-06-2020, 01:48 PM

The topic didn’t linger on Chimera, she didn’t know where he went or what he might plan in the future, but the shinobi was made aware none the less. Perhaps Recluse would find and tame him, he would never find her trust again. Part of her didn’t wish to give up, and so she remained inactive on the matter for now. He was still a child… Venom let herself forget about her half brother as she chuckled at Hattori’s response. She could only hope the same would be true for her.

”I have to be the change I want to see in my pack.” She told him simply. It wasn’t that simple, but her efforts put in would hopefully pay off in the packs returned support of her. She could have gone on to explain some of the finer details of her plans, but that was the long and the short of it. Venom was quiet for a long moment as she led the way across the sand bridge to the island that held the caverns of the palace. She led the way inside, pulling the skin from the entrance she gestured for him to lead the way in.

Once they were both inside she would ask her question. ”Do you think I should take the ‘royal residence’ for myself?” Against she gestured to the surroundings, the massive cavern of the main hall, one of the slaves had a small fire in the hearth and recently cleaned the furs that were piled in various locations for comfort. Pillows, plush furs, dried flowers, and soaps made obvious the luxury the once Empress enjoyed. Venom looked around her as well, tempted by it all. No wonder her mother had slowed down, there was little reason to even leave her den.
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
10-07-2020, 08:12 AM
Venom seemed amused by his response, it wasn't his intention but he appreciated her reaction all the same. Maybe his dry sense of humour wouldn't be lost on the wolves of Boreas, but that was yet to be seen as he assumed Venom was unlike any other wolf. The empress took a moment to think before she finally responded and it brought a subdued frown to his features. Perhaps his question was unfair. As simple as it sounded it was a difficult one to answer, with no simple solution in sight. Her options were limited and Hattori felt as though he'd backed her into a corner, even if she didn't seem all that offended. Letting it go, Hattori's gaze took in the sights of the palace, it was beautiful and opulent a fitting home for an empress but quiet, far removed from the open hustle and bustle of the Iga estate.

Joining her inside, Hattori's cold gaze took in everything. He could see how a palace like this could make a leader soft and ignorant of the state of their own empire. It was no doubt tempting but if the pack was suffering with sloth then it trickled down from the top, like a slow running waterfall, the former empress had set a precedent and her subordinates had followed suit. If Venom truly wanted to shake off the dust then she needed to lead by example, keeping the royal residence to herself would cement the fact that she was above all, but on the other paw it would make her seem distant. As though others could do as they pleased given that she was so far removed from the rest.

"Yes." Hattori told her with a slight dip of his head, when he looked up his gaze was sharp and knowing. Regardless of his servant airs he knew a thing or two about ruling. "But a palace is more than a home, it must also serve as administrative centre. Show the world and your empire that this palace is not a place of sloth, but of change."

Which was to say she ought to make parts of the palace accessible for the day to day running of the empire, for meetings and other executive affairs, but her quarters were her own and should remain as such.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
10-16-2020, 06:28 PM

”Good. Then you’ll stay here with me.” She grinned darkly, as though she’d won their little game. Though it would be more correct to say they both came out with a prize. Venom gestured to a wall that had two or three holes to smaller chambers off the main hall. ”Take your pick.” The palace would be more open to those she sought to be closer with. She would want Toxicity to make visits often, and perhaps it would be in best interest to bring Plague and Calamity under closer eye.

”I’ll have someone come and see to you. You’ll be back to perfect health in no time.” She promised as she sat back in her haunches, wondering if she’d made a mistake bringing him here next to her. He’d prove his loyalty, she was sure. ”When you feel up to it, you’re welcome to come on patrol with me.” Perhaps they’d get another round of 20 questions in.
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

10-17-2020, 10:14 AM
Hattori dipped his head in acknowledgement. If she wanted him to remain close, whether to keep an eye on him or simply so he could be close at paw, he had no complaints. His estate back home, whilst no palace, had its own luxuries and thus he was certain he could adapt to living here soon enough. As to how long he would stay here was a mystery to him, but like all things he was willing to wait and learn with time. Following Venom's line of sight, Hattori looked upon the chambers in question and with a flick of his snout picked the one closest to him without much thought or delay. Though he did well to hide it he knew Venom would be able to see beyond his facade, that he'd need to sit down and rest, be tended too sooner rather than later. He trusted her that she would see it done and in turn he would play his part as expected.

Though it was worded like a request, Hattori treated Venom's words as an order. If she wished for him to patrol her Empire's borders then he would see it done. He bowed, as best as he could, and turned to enter his chamber only to pause for a moment as he locked eyes with Venom once more. Purple ruby met fog.

"As you command."

The precedent was set and the die was cast.