gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
10-29-2020, 02:50 PM
Ç̸̭̩̻͔͖̱̥̉̚ŕ̶̨̛͙͍͓̲̣͕̎̃̾̎̄̑̐̏̔͆͝͠ȳ̸̡̼͉̙̻̘͚͕̘̿̌stall̴̞̪̀͋̎̏̂̄̔́̈́̀̆͐̕͝ĩ̷̛͎̦͉̼̤͇̏͠në̸̻̗̣̏ D̴͔̲̲̫̭̤̲͌̑̅͗̔̐̇̒̾͐͌͝͝epths

Why would you ever think this is a good idea? It’s not- it never was. You’re a wolf and you’re trying to climb steep, slick surfaces. Really? You fall. Obviously you fall. You bump and slice and scrape your way down. Your companion falls off of you and you land on top of them! They are now incapacitated!

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
10-29-2020, 02:50 PM
Kì̶̦̹͔̠͇͂̄̀ng Fire̴̢̡̝̹̭͚̲̫͔̔fly Guy

You enter the next room. It is small and curved like the inside of a geode. All around, fireflies buzz, lighting the room with a soft ambient glow that resonates within the smaller shards which dot the walls like a mosaic. In the center of the room, crystals grow up into a large throne and upon that throne sits a humanoid figure cloaked in a rough robe. Its eyes glitter and dance, and as it speaks it is as if many voices speak in unison from all around the room.

“You have entered my realm and come to see me with your own mortal eyes,” it says. The figure leans forward as if intrigued, you feel as if many eyes watch your every move. Behind you, a wall of fireflies block your path. “I can let you go, perhaps, if you give me something instead.”

Fireflies buzz around you affectionately for a moment before wandering into the robe. A series of flickering dances all the way down the creature’s body and it leans back in the chair. “Hmm, yes, it seems as if you are benevolent yourself, so why shouldn’t I treat you the same? I will let you make me an offer. What should I give you for your freedom- for your life? Or do you think you deserve to be free?" He muses for a moment, "In fact, that's a cool stone you have there..." he hints as fireflies buzz around the stone you found earlier on the bridge.

How do you navigate this risky wonderland?
  • Offer the stone
  • Offer something else (list in post)
  • Negotiate to keep everything
  • Attempt to flee

Naiche

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveBeevent
10-29-2020, 04:19 PM

Naiche yelped as he fell, as much as the unplanned downward motion as any pain from injuries.  Getting up he was mortified to see Pan lying still beneath him.  “Pan?” Naiche had never planned to like his companion but at some point had come to really care about the little guy, a good friend.  “Oh Pan.” Naiche didn’t know how bad the damage was other than he wasn’t moving.  He had never imagined Pan getting injured easily with all those scales but now he had and by Naiche’s own weight.  Talk about guilt!  Naiche gently picked his friend up, resting him on his back, ignoring the humiliation of the lost fur in place of concern for his friend before traveling onward with a limp.  He needed to find a better path out.

On entering the strange room Naiche was mindful of the fireflies.  Now that he knew at least some of these could talk, and how cute they were with their costume and thanks he had no desire to hurt one.  He had already hurt a friend today, that was enough.  The place was breathtaking and the figure in the room was – incredibly strange looking.  His realm? Mortal eyes?  Naiche’s mind couldn’t begin to fathom, other than realizing this was way over his head and something he would never forget.

Let him go? Naiche glanced back at fireflies blocking his path.  Really? Naiche’s tail twitched his tail tip as the fireflies seemed to be affectionate towards him, he couldn’t really offer much in return without risking hurting them so hopefully, the tail wag was enough.  “You want the stone?” Naiche hadn’t expected such a thing enough to appease this uh creature?  Then again he couldn’t imagine what else would.  “Sure, its yours.” That said taking it in his mouth and walking closer to set it near the cloaked whatever-it-was.  He had felt it would be useful earlier, funny that.

“Sir, may I humbly ask a favor? Do you have any medical knowledge? My friend is hurt and I don’t know if he’ll recover.” Sincere humility in his tone, “If the stone is the price of my freedom, then I found some gems I could share with you for his health?” The guy seemed to appreciate his kindness towards fireflies, would it go for caring for his friend as well?  Good thing Pan didn’t eat fireflies.

Gave stone
Also bargain some gems for helping Pan if possible

Speech:"Live to fight" Think

[Image: WE5CTgt.png]

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-01-2020, 01:11 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 04:46 PM by NPC.)
Ç̸̭̩̻͔͖̱̥̉̚ŕ̶̨̛͙͍͓̲̣͕̎̃̾̎̄̑̐̏̔͆͝͠ȳ̸̡̼͉̙̻̘͚͕̘̿̌stall̴̞̪̀͋̎̏̂̄̔́̈́̀̆͐̕͝ĩ̷̛͎̦͉̼̤͇̏͠në̸̻̗̣̏ D̴͔̲̲̫̭̤̲͌̑̅͗̔̐̇̒̾͐͌͝͝epths

You offer the glimmering stone and the creature seems delighted. The shard is surrounded by fireflies and carried off. You ask about your companion and several fireflies hover around it before returning to the cloak. "Your friend will be fine in due time," it says. The figure stands and motions behind his throne, “There is the exit you seek. Please, keep anything you found along the way, but be wary of where you wander, wolf, for we are always watching.”

As you exit, you find you are very far from where you began. The cavern is steep, dark, and mysterious as it opens towards the surface. You breathe in your first breath of cool, fresh air and let the wind ruffle your fur. As you get your wits about you, you have only one question left in your head: Is this… Descensum???

// GOOD END

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-19-2020, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 03:15 PM by Nyx.)
Descensum- The End!

You come away with your life, at least, but what else did you manage to do in the Spooky Cave?

How did you do?

The Final Result!
  • (Wolf-specific) +5 fighting points [Added - nyx]
  • +200 gems [Added to Credits - nyx]
  • (Wolf-specific) Lost 2 inches (and some fur- up to you) [Complete - nyx]
  • Knocked out your companion (light concussion- will heal)
  • Lost crystal item prize (does nothing, it a "get out of cave free" card)

Thank you so much for playing! I hope it was fun and that the risk vs reward was as enticing as it may have been frustrating. I appreciate you sticking with it to the very end and I very much look forward to next year!

Event Staff Iko