gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-03-2020, 12:43 AM
Ç̸̭̩̻͔͖̱̥̉̚ŕ̶̨̛͙͍͓̲̣͕̎̃̾̎̄̑̐̏̔͆͝͠ȳ̸̡̼͉̙̻̘͚͕̘̿̌stall̴̞̪̀͋̎̏̂̄̔́̈́̀̆͐̕͝ĩ̷̛͎̦͉̼̤͇̏͠në̸̻̗̣̏ D̴͔̲̲̫̭̤̲͌̑̅͗̔̐̇̒̾͐͌͝͝epths

Why would you head TOWARDS the crashing? Maybe you thought, “what’s the chance a crystal falls in the same place twice, right?” You were wrong. So wrong. As you make your way around, a cracking noise above you is swiftly followed by a shower of large, sharp crystals, each intent on crushing you beneath them! Your bear cape is caught and tears away from you as you narrowly escape into the next room.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-03-2020, 12:46 AM
Kì̶̦̹͔̠͇͂̄̀ng Fire̴̢̡̝̹̭͚̲̫͔̔fly Guy

You enter the next room. It is small and curved like the inside of a geode. All around, fireflies buzz, lighting the room with a soft ambient glow that resonates within the smaller shards which dot the walls like a mosaic. In the center of the room, crystals grow up into a large throne and upon that throne sits a humanoid figure cloaked in a rough robe. Its eyes glitter and dance, and as it speaks it is as if many voices speak in unison from all around the room.

“You have entered my realm and come to see me with your own mortal eyes,” it says. The figure leans forward as if intrigued, you feel as if many eyes watch your every move. Behind you, a wall of fireflies block your path. “I can let you go, perhaps, if you give me something instead.”

Fireflies buzz around you angrily, throwing themselves into your pelt. Even more surround your companion, with his hands still glowing. A few buzz to the cloaked figure and drift into its hood before the whole body lights up angrily, “You are a true monster, wolf! Your crimes must be punished! I demand… that monkey for your payment! Or do you think you deserve to be free?”

How do you navigate this risky wonderland?
  • Offer your companion
  • Offer something else (list in post)
  • Negotiate to keep everything
  • Attempt to flee

Winter

Loner

Expert Fighter (130)

Novice Intellectual (20)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Dragon

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveChristmas 2019Trick 2019
11-03-2020, 01:29 AM

The anxiety rose the further they went. It was a strange feeling...a strangled feeling. She had never known anxiety before today, but so far, since her trek into this cave...it was all she was beginning to feel. Only she didn't know what to call it. Her heart wouldn't stop pounding and she felt almost like she was about to freeze up and choke. As her companion led her further down the path in search of a way out, the pair heard a cracking noise above them. Winter glanced up in the nick of time to see a shower of terrifyingly large crystals hurtling towards her. Eyes widened as she attempted to scramble out of the way, a silent yelp coming from her while a loud screech came from her companion. One of the shards managed to catch her cape, tearing it away from her as she threw herself forward in an ungraceful roll as she narrowly escaped the barrage of crystals.

She terrified. She was exhausted. She was in pain. She wanted to go home. Why had she come here? She had heard the saying curiosity killed the cat but she always scoffed at the thought. Well, not she believed it. She literally felt like she was the cat and her curiosity for coming into this place would likely get her killed. Panting, she stumbled into the next room to find more fireflies lighting it up and dancing around. Were she not so riddled with fear and anxiety, she would have perhaps felt a little calmer with the ambiance. But as it was, she felt like a bundle of nerves. Even more so when she spotted a strange, cloaked figure sitting atop a crystal throne. “You have entered my realm and come to see me with your own mortal eyes,” She stood frozen to the spot, eyes widened as it spoke. The youth was unaware of the wall of fireflies that blocked her path now. “I can let you go, perhaps, if you give me something instead.” She wanted to swallow, but couldn't. Before she knew it, the fireflies angrily buzzed around her, throwing themselves into her fur and the action forced her to cower, her tail tucking as she pressed herself to the ground. “You are a true monster, wolf! Your crimes must be punished! I demand… that monkey for your payment! Or do you think you deserve to be free?”

What? Pale gaze opened as she stared at him, then at her companion who tried to reach her side. "W-what? B-but I've never done anything mean in my life! P-please, I'm sorry if we offended you! We didn't mean to! We were just curious!" She glanced around, wondering if there was a way out, but...even if she wanted to run, her legs were frozen with fear. Hastily, she removed the razor tips she kept on her claws and tossed them on the ground, "I cannot offer my companion, they're like family to me...w-what if I offered these?" She meekly gestured to the weapons, "I m-made them myself, and if that's not enough...maybe I can do a task for you?" She didn't know if that would be enough, but at the very least...it was something.

Winter offers her razor claw (weapon) and a task?

"Speech"

Winter has a set of ram horns that aren't depicted in all of her art.
She also has a Japanese Macaque & an Osprey companion that are assumed to be with her at all times unless otherwise mentioned.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-03-2020, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 04:47 PM by NPC.)
Ç̸̭̩̻͔͖̱̥̉̚ŕ̶̨̛͙͍͓̲̣͕̎̃̾̎̄̑̐̏̔͆͝͠ȳ̸̡̼͉̙̻̘͚͕̘̿̌stall̴̞̪̀͋̎̏̂̄̔́̈́̀̆͐̕͝ĩ̷̛͎̦͉̼̤͇̏͠në̸̻̗̣̏ D̴͔̲̲̫̭̤̲͌̑̅͗̔̐̇̒̾͐͌͝͝epths

You offer your razor claws and the creature seems pleased. The claws are surrounded by fireflies and carried off. The figure stands and motions behind his throne, “There is the exit you seek. We will let you pass, but we will not forget your transgressions. Be wary of where you wander, wolf, for we are always watching.”

As you exit, you find you are very far from where you began. The cavern is steep, dark, and mysterious as it opens towards the surface. You breathe in your first breath of cool, fresh air and let the wind ruffle your fur. As you get your wits about you, you have only one question left in your head: Is this… Descensum???

// BAD END

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-19-2020, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2020, 03:42 PM by Nyx.)
Descensum- The End!

You come away with your life, at least, but what else did you manage to do in the Spooky Cave?

How did you do?

The Final Result!
  • (Wolf-specific) Cut cheek (minor)
  • +50 gems [Added to Credits- nyx]
  • (Wolf-specific) 20 skill points to the skill of your choice
  • (Wolf-specific) Lost cape [Complete - nyx]
  • (Wolf-specific) lost razors [Complete - nyx]

Thank you so much for playing! I hope it was fun and that the risk vs reward was as enticing as it may have been frustrating. I appreciate you sticking with it to the very end and I very much look forward to next year!

Event Staff Iko