gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-16-2020, 01:58 PM
Ç̸̭̩̻͔͖̱̥̉̚ŕ̶̨̛͙͍͓̲̣͕̎̃̾̎̄̑̐̏̔͆͝͠ȳ̸̡̼͉̙̻̘͚͕̘̿̌stall̴̞̪̀͋̎̏̂̄̔́̈́̀̆͐̕͝ĩ̷̛͎̦͉̼̤͇̏͠në̸̻̗̣̏ D̴͔̲̲̫̭̤̲͌̑̅͗̔̐̇̒̾͐͌͝͝epths

Okay, definitely not going to go towards the big crash. That sounds like a danger zone. As you work your way around the crystals carefully, you notice little gems here and there. By the end of the large cavern, you see a pretty flat shard of crystal, but when you look into it, you do not see your reflection, but that of another wolf as if you’re seeing another reality. You think, perhaps, you might meet this wolf one day.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-16-2020, 01:59 PM
Kì̶̦̹͔̠͇͂̄̀ng Fire̴̢̡̝̹̭͚̲̫͔̔fly Guy

You enter the next room. It is small and curved like the inside of a geode. All around, fireflies buzz, lighting the room with a soft ambient glow that resonates within the smaller shards which dot the walls like a mosaic. In the center of the room, crystals grow up into a large throne and upon that throne sits a humanoid figure cloaked in a rough robe. Its eyes glitter and dance, and as it speaks it is as if many voices speak in unison from all around the room.

“You have entered my realm and come to see me with your own mortal eyes,” it says. The figure leans forward as if intrigued, you feel as if many eyes watch your every move. Behind you, a wall of fireflies block your path. “I can let you go, perhaps, if you give me something instead.”

Fireflies buzz around you ambivalently for a moment before wandering into the robe. The figure hums and leans forward, flickering intently, “Yes, those ravens are quite interesting. I want one- but you can decide which one. Or do you think you deserve to be free?”

How do you navigate this risky wonderland?
  • Offer the raven
  • Offer the OTHER raven
  • Negotiate to keep everything
  • Attempt to flee

Eyrún

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
nyx

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Spooky CaveChristmas 2019
11-16-2020, 08:41 PM
Eyrún was sure she'd made the right choice in heading away from the noise, veering away from the certain danger and into a large room that looked far more promising. Well, at least at first. The gentle buzz and glow of the fireflies was inviting and coaxed her further inside, toward a figure sitting on a throne. Mesmerized by the scene, even if she hadn't properly wrapped her mind around it, slowly Eyrún approached. She had no doubt this was a sign from a gods - no, even more, this figure was clearly either a god itself or perhaps a figure being directly controlled by one. She gawked for a moment, giving a quick bow as she approached, lowering herself to the ground submissively. The god wanted one of her ravens? Instinctively she felt the urge to deny him; she'd grown close to both Huginn and Muninn and losing either of them didn't sound favorable. But who was she to deny a god? Her eyes flicked to Muninn, the female raven who had landed beside her. As if helping her decide, she took a few steps toward the hooded figure. A god's will wasn't something she could deny. "Muninn will offer herself to you," Eyrún started carefully as she offered up her raven companion, her voice brimming with an unusual cautiousness. She was in the presence of something much larger than herself and her two companions, and she wasn't willing to risk her status in the eyes of a god, knowing full well that not all gods were merciful ones.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-16-2020, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 04:47 PM by NPC.)
Ç̸̭̩̻͔͖̱̥̉̚ŕ̶̨̛͙͍͓̲̣͕̎̃̾̎̄̑̐̏̔͆͝͠ȳ̸̡̼͉̙̻̘͚͕̘̿̌stall̴̞̪̀͋̎̏̂̄̔́̈́̀̆͐̕͝ĩ̷̛͎̦͉̼̤͇̏͠në̸̻̗̣̏ D̴͔̲̲̫̭̤̲͌̑̅͗̔̐̇̒̾͐͌͝͝epths

You offer Muninn and the creature seems pleased by the offer and by your words. Fireflies buzz around and cover the raven. For a brief moment, they all light up, blinding you entirely. When you come to, the raven is no longer by your side. The figure stands and motions behind his throne, “There is the exit you seek. We will let you pass, but we will not forget your transgressions. Be wary of where you wander, wolf, for we are always watching.”

As you exit, you find you are very far from where you began. The cavern is steep, dark, and mysterious as it opens towards the surface. You breathe in your first breath of cool, fresh air and let the wind ruffle your fur. As you get your wits about you, you have only one question left in your head: Is this… Descensum???

// BAD END

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-19-2020, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2023, 03:07 PM by Nyx. Edited 1 time in total.)
Descensum- The End!

You come away with your life, at least, but what else did you manage to do in the Spooky Cave?

How did you do?

The Final Result!
  • (Wolf-specific, but can be transferred IC) Defensive armor made of crystals (design of your choice, ask staff for design approval)
  • Open character pass Used on Tethys
  • (Wolf-specific) Loss of raven companion [Complete - nyx]

Thank you so much for playing! I hope it was fun and that the risk vs reward was as enticing as it may have been frustrating. I appreciate you sticking with it to the very end and I very much look forward to next year!

Event Staff Iko