gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-03-2020, 12:08 AM
Ç̸̭̩̻͔͖̱̥̉̚ŕ̶̨̛͙͍͓̲̣͕̎̃̾̎̄̑̐̏̔͆͝͠ȳ̸̡̼͉̙̻̘͚͕̘̿̌stall̴̞̪̀͋̎̏̂̄̔́̈́̀̆͐̕͝ĩ̷̛͎̦͉̼̤͇̏͠në̸̻̗̣̏ D̴͔̲̲̫̭̤̲͌̑̅͗̔̐̇̒̾͐͌͝͝epths

You head towards the crashing- what’s the chance a crystal falls in the same place twice, right? Not only that, but as you work your way to the crash site, the fall cleared many of the fallen crystals and you’re able to pick up a few shards on your way! Maybe this will make a nice accessory for fighting later.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-03-2020, 12:09 AM
Kì̶̦̹͔̠͇͂̄̀ng Fire̴̢̡̝̹̭͚̲̫͔̔fly Guy

You enter the next room. It is small and curved like the inside of a geode. All around, fireflies buzz, lighting the room with a soft ambient glow that resonates within the smaller shards which dot the walls like a mosaic. In the center of the room, crystals grow up into a large throne and upon that throne sits a humanoid figure cloaked in a rough robe. Its eyes glitter and dance, and as it speaks it is as if many voices speak in unison from all around the room.

Fireflies buzz around you affectionately for a moment before wandering into the robe. A series of flickering dances all the way down the creature’s body and it leans back in the chair. “Hmm, yes, it seems as if you are benevolent yourself, so why shouldn’t I treat you the same? I will let you make me an offer. What should I give you for your freedom- for your life? Or do you think you deserve to be free?"

How do you navigate this risky wonderland?
  • Offer something (list in post)
  • Negotiate to keep everything
  • Attempt to flee

Jupiter

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lazuli

Ooze ImmuneAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantFestival OrganizerDouble MasterHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave
Beevent1KTreat 2019
11-03-2020, 11:16 AM
Jupiter’s hackles rose as he caught sight of the figure on the throne but they quickly started to smooth out as he caught sight of a few stray fireflies. Ah, it was all good then. By now he and the bugs were besties. It was fine. The throne was a little pretentious for bugs in his opinion but what did he know. If he’d been asked earlier in the day about the odds of him helping to dress a pack of fireflies he’d have laughed it off and poked fun at the asker for coming up with something so outlandish. And yet here he was post firefly dressing.

His suspicions were raised again, however, as the firefly king spoke. Whoa, whoa, whoa. His life? What the fuck had this dude been smoking to think he had any claim on that? It was an amusing scenario and not in a fun way. Jupiter’s displeasure very nearly made it to his face but then he reined it in. Nah, if this thing could make a threat like that he had to be able to back it up. Amadeus was hurt, Bubbles was dumb, it wasn’t a good idea for Jupiter to show his ass here. Especially not with the only known exit a twisty dark maze.

“I think I deserve to go free. I’ve seen many of your kind along the way and I had ample opportunity to harm ‘em in some way. Coulda swatted them out of my way in the beginning, coulda squashed them and taken the rat cloth, and when they left me in the dark I coulda drown ‘em in the river and taken the jar, because that water was magic, wasn’t it? I coulda taken some with me and been better for it, but I didn’t ‘cause I’m not like that. I,” he put a paw humbly on his chest, “Am kind to all things great and small.” Bubbles blessedly had the sense for once to stay quiet even though one of his stupid braying laughs would have been fitting. “Why else do you think I travel with a pig - that sort of animal my kind eats - and a monkey so small I could drop kick him over a barn?”

Jupiter felt like he was doing a pretty good job of stating his case, but again, he was dealing with a mass of fireflies so what did he know? “I say that we let bygone be bygones.” He chuckled. “If anything I’d say you’re getting the better deal here considering all the shit we went through to get here. If I wasn’t so kind and benevolent I’d want to talk reparations for myself.”
[Image: ZQdAdlz.png]

NOTE: this character is pretty on the outside but nothing but ugliness and innuendo on the inside. It's best to consider all threads with him rated 'M' regardless of the official tags.

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-03-2020, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 04:47 PM by NPC.)
Ç̸̭̩̻͔͖̱̥̉̚ŕ̶̨̛͙͍͓̲̣͕̎̃̾̎̄̑̐̏̔͆͝͠ȳ̸̡̼͉̙̻̘͚͕̘̿̌stall̴̞̪̀͋̎̏̂̄̔́̈́̀̆͐̕͝ĩ̷̛͎̦͉̼̤͇̏͠në̸̻̗̣̏ D̴͔̲̲̫̭̤̲͌̑̅͗̔̐̇̒̾͐͌͝͝epths

You explain yourself to the mass of fireflies. You flatter the creature. You tell it that all of its… eyes are dazzling and that you just wanted to see its… being. Somehow this works and the creature laughs deeply, “You are kind, clever, and quite capable, wolf. I shall let you free and also reward you. Keep an eye out, wolf, for your blessings will be plentiful.” The creature stands and gestures behind his throne, "Here is the exit you seek. Please, take care of yourself and your companions, cunning wolf."

As you exit, you find you are very far from where you began. The cavern is steep, dark, and mysterious as it opens towards the surface. You breathe in your first breath of cool, fresh air and let the wind ruffle your fur. As you get your wits about you, you have only one question left in your head: Is this… Descensum???

// GREAT END

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
Admins
11-19-2020, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 12:54 PM by Nyx. Edited 1 time in total.)
Descensum- The End!

You come away with your life, at least, but what else did you manage to do in the Spooky Cave?

How did you do?

The Final Result!
  • (Wolf-specific) +5 fighting skill points [Fighting maxed, Added to Intellect - nyx]
  • +50 gems [Added to Credits- nyx]
  • (Wolf-specific) 20 skill points to the skill of your choice [Added to Intellect - nyx]
  • (Wolf-specific) Companions scar (permanent)
  • (Wolf-specific, but can be transferred IC) Battle accessory made of crystals (your design, ask staff for approval) [Used here - nyx]
  • (Wolf-specific) EXTENDED LITTER PASS (Have a litter up to 8 pups! No rolling necessary!) [Used on Jupiter/Alfrun litter December 2021 - nyx]

Thank you so much for playing! I hope it was fun and that the risk vs reward was as enticing as it may have been frustrating. I appreciate you sticking with it to the very end and I very much look forward to next year!

Event Staff Iko