An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Critical Hit!Valentines 2020
01-15-2021, 08:16 PM

“I’m not sure what I would think of a beak” he admitted. It was just a fact of life that such things felt like they would be possible. Azure had bear paws, his mother had deer horns, he had bird wings. What would be strange in light of that about growing a beak? He felt it would feel funny on his face, and he might get even more stares then he already did. Hell, some wolves might be cruel enough then to say he was no longer a wolf.

He shook away the thought, leaning more heavily over the edge as Hikaru got to work. When the other wolf began to dig his claws into the muddy, itchy spots, the Fatalis groaned softly. Oh man, that spot hadn’t been cleaned in a lifetime. He didn’t even register it as itchy any more until Hika offered relief.

As Hika got a particularly good spot between wing and fur, Mortis’s paw started to thump the bed of the spring without meaning to. “Who’s idea was it to put wings on me in the first place” he grumbled

"Speech"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Intellectual (76)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
01-15-2021, 08:30 PM

Hikaru wasn’t sure how he felt about a beak, on the one paw it could look like a great eagle or falcons beak. Then again he could be stuck with a duck bill beak. With that thought he couldn’t contain another amused chuckle. ”As long as it wasn’t a duck bill.” He chuckled some more as he continued to clean the muddy wings with warm water. His efforts were obviously appreciated and as he worked away the grime Mortis seemed to relax even more. Hika glanced upwards towards his friend as he vocalized his pleasure. He wore a shy smirk and returned to his work, taking great pride in the way he took care of Mort like the winged heir had been taking care of him.

"I don’t know, but they are rather impressive." Hikaru said wistfully as he started to relax more. The warm water was doing his aching muscles a lot of good. He rinsed the soap from the dark feathers and marveled at the light iridescence they held, like that of a crow or raven. "Maybe another dip and they’ll be rinsed. Squeaky clean." Hikaru sighed softly and joined Mort at the side of the pool, ducking under one massive wing as he did so that he could sit shoulder to shoulder with the Armada heir. He felt comfortable in this place, and was convincing himself that he didn’t want to leave.

He closed his eyes and leaned lightly against Mort as he rested his head on the ledge, already forgetting the mud that still stained much of his face.

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-22-2021, 02:53 PM

Mortis looked back at his friend. The expression a little shy, a little sly. “Quack quack” He was still figuring out the white wolf's humor. Would Hikaru just shrug it off if a wolf bodied, duck-faced, winged creature had met him in the snow storm? Mortis wasn’t so sure that even he himself would have managed nonchalance. What would Mort’s kids look like, if he one day had them? Seer had been born with fangs, his kids mutations much more complex. Would evolution continue to spike in the Fatalis line until the wolves were wolves no longer?

He shook away the thought. He was still a kid himself, it was much too soon to be thinking about having babies. And besides, who would he ever have them with? He tossed aside a small bubble of bitterness.

At his friends word, Mortis ducked back under the spring, letting the water wash away the last of the soap, giving his wings a few gentle turns beneath the surface. When he rose again, Hikaru ducked under a wing and made himself comfortable beside him. Almost unconsciously, the winged wolf leaned lightly against the other, and closed his eyes. “Have you ever had girl trouble, Hikaru?”

"Speech"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-22-2021, 03:28 PM

Hika’s silvery eyes met Mort’s as he looked back and quacked at him mischievously. Of course the pale koi chuckled in amusement, "Maybe a duck beak wouldn’t be so bad." Kaiyo teased as Mortis did as he was told and rinsed himself of the soap with ease. He had no idea the thoughts that swirled in his friend’s mind, the last thing he was thinking of was having a family. They were still rather young, and those things came in time. Hika worried over his future but that aspect wasn’t really included.

The two yearling boys made themselves comfortable in the warm water, both easily leaning against the other. Hikaru was comfortable here, Mortis offered the feeling of safety (even if he could take care of himself), added warmth to ward off the icy air that contrasted the steamy water they were in. Hika might have just taken a quick nap right there, but he blinked back steely eyes as Mort spoke.

The winged heir had his eyes closed and he didn’t hide the hint of bitterness very well. Hikaru wouldn’t press unless Mortis wanted to explain, but with the subject he had his guesses. "No, I haven’t." He admitted softly, "I don’t think you realize how much of a loser I was in Nippon." He chuckled at himself, facing the facts bluntly. Girls did not give him a second look. Well except for Keetie… "I was training with one of Ashen’s wolves at the battlefield though." He lowered his brows as he felt the frustration and excitement of that encounter all over, but the feelings were intensified here beside Mortis. Hika’s stomach was suddenly fluttering and despite the warmth of the water a chill raced over his skin. "The woman I fought… She kissed me!" He explained incredulously. "I’ve never felt that way before except with..." Hika caught himself before he uttered the word you. His eyes slightly wide as he looked up to Mortis, hoping he might not guess where he was going. Hika shook his head as he dismissed the thought. However more solidified it was becoming in his head Hika would ignore it. "Nevermind."
"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-23-2021, 08:05 PM

Mortis peeked out of one eye, looking across at his friend. The question had sort of popped out with the frustrations Hana had left him with, but now he wondered. Did Hikaru have a sweetheart? He wasn’t left waiting in suspense long, and to his surprise, Hikaru not only did not - but he wasn’t well liked where he came from. Mortis knew he had had some home troubles - he had come out here to start his life anew, after all. But…

Mortis opened both eyes, how brow dipping in disapproval. He let out a soft growl to tell his friend what he thought of that. Hikaru was a gentle natured sweetheart who thought of others before himself. If people were nasty to him here in the Armada, Mortis would give them a piece of his mind. Mort was often described himself as a gentle boy, but - and perhaps this was hereditary - he would never stand for someone hurting his friends.

He almost missed where Hikaru took the conversation next, and he went from self righteous anger, to a strange feeling of… surprise, an almost unpleasant sort of feeling. “You kissed an Ashen Warrior?” Well. Hikaru would be quite a catch to any girl of course "I’ve never felt that way before except with..." except who? The boy couldn’t bring himself to ask. “A girl kissed me too. I was so surprised I almost drowned.” He didn’t know what to do about Hana, he had a feeling he really hurt her. He missed her friendship, even if he had Hikaru to keep him company.

"Speech"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-23-2021, 08:19 PM

The last thing he wanted to do was get away with himself. The crazy thoughts he had weren’t worth uttering. Hika was probably just imagining everything anyway. Were those really belly tingles he felt when he leaned in against Mortis or was he just wanting breakfast? No, he was certain of the little thrill he felt as Mort growled. The mention of his former status displeasing the heir. Kaiyo smiled at him, there was no need to be upset over the wolves who once ruled his life. His once home was long gone and quickly being forgotten. Especially in a place like this. He was too relaxed to worry much about the past or future for that matter.

He laughed out loud at Mort’s questioning of his story. "Oh, heavens no! Lament and I met a loner she wolf for a random melee. I learned I’m not very good." He hoped Mortis took that as not very good at melee. He wasn’t very good at kissing either but he wasn’t really about to tell his friend that. Was he? Hika looked up to Mortis as he told his own story of surprise, but his expression revealed the turmoil beneath. Kaiyo tried to keep their conversation light, and he was relieved that he wasn’t pressed for the answer to his unfinished confession.

"I was pretty surprised too. She kicked my butt in the fight and then put me on my butt with her temptress lips." He chuckled lightly, still inwardly concerned with the dark look in Mort’s eye. He leaned against his friend’s neck supportively. "Do you want to kiss her back?" Hika asked softly enough that Mortis wouldn’t feel forced to answer. The words could have been said to the breeze.

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-23-2021, 08:46 PM

“We’ll change that.” Mortis said with certainty. He and Hikaru would work together, work on eachothers tactics together. He knew that in order for Hikaru’s status to mean something in the Armada, he would need to be an excellent fighter. Mortis would help him get there, so others could see what Mortis already knew. Hikaru was a wolf worth keeping around.

“Was she really pretty?” Mortis asked, oddly fixated on the idea of Hikaru kissing a girl. Maybe it was because he felt awkward talking about Hana, but he felt a little uneasy. He tried to shake it away, sinking a little deeper into the hot pools. He kept his breathing nice and easy, like he would before a spar. Finding his calm center, not letting things phase him. “Yes… no. She’s my friend, and I think not kissing her hurt our friendship. A lot. But kissing her… my brother Azure, the other heir, he likes her. He’s not a wolf that finds understanding easy. If he found out I kissed her, our future teamwork would be over. For good. He’d probably fight me for the Armada. He still might.” it was too complicated to even be a question of how a guy gelt about kissing a girl. Too many other factors in place. Hana was pretty, he could admit that much, but kissing her felt awkward. Like kissing a friend, and pretending it was more. “I’m scared she hates me now.”

"Speech"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-23-2021, 09:06 PM

Hikaru tried to keep to his own meanings. With what Mort said… It could have been construed as the two of them changing the fact that he sucked at kissing. Kaiyo lowered himself into the water too as he tried to fend off that particular blush. He could look forward to training here, even if most of the wolves he’d met so far hadn’t been fighters. From what he heard any skill level could learn and grow here.

The young koi lifted a brow as Mort asked after Keetie. He wouldn’t normally hesitate about telling the full truth but then he did. ”Too pretty,” Hikaru mumbled softly as he tried to list the prettiest wolves he’d seen. Mortis was probably at the top of his list, followed by the woman who kissed him and then Hana and Hattori. Hika tried to relax into the water, worried he had pressed his friend too far as he continued.

He leaned further against his friend’s shoulder, but his gaze shifted to the horizon. "Where I come from duty and honor come before wants and desires." He started softly as he tried to soothe Mort’s worries. "Your duty to your name and your pack, or your brother, should come before her, even if it sounds harsh. Perhaps she should be the one rethinking her friendship if a refused kiss is enough to upset her." He nudged Mort and returned his steel gaze back to his friend. "She shouldn’t hate you for protecting your honor."

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-23-2021, 10:00 PM

Mortis fell silent for a moment, though he did raise a brow at Hikaru at his words ‘too pretty?’ how could a wolf be ‘too’ pretty, anyway? He was almost curious to meet this strange pretty wolf, but he wasn’t sure he wanted to.

The winged boy let out a soft, sad breath. “Yeah.’ He said, knowing that line all too well. “My dad thinks in the same kind of way.” Mortis wanted everybody to be happy, not just the pack. “I just… Hana, she’s my friend, she was there for me when I needed her. I feel like I let her down, like I failed as a friend.” he tried to put his feelings into words. He wasn’t sure he was succeeding. “It’s like… she put something out there, and I rejected it. It hurt her.” and he wasn’t able to mend it. He leaned his head against Hikaru’s shoulder, falling silent for a moment.

He wished he and Hana were back to how they were. She would have liked Hikaru. He could have introduced them to each other, maybe the three of them would have piled up in his den in a big snug pile. Mortis would have liked that, but instead… he had screwed things up.

"Speech"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-24-2021, 08:38 AM

Hikaru wondered if he’d said the right thing about Keetie with the way that Mort looked at him, but thankfully the issue wasn’t pressed any harder. Like he was in the same league as the beautiful she wolf anyway. They continued to speak softly there in the warm water. Not only were the springs fading their physical sores but they were working through mental ones as well.

Mortis was not unfamiliar with the sentiment that Hikaru mentioned, and he realized then he’d probably get along with the Warlord pretty well. Hikaru’s mind went nearly blank when Mort mentioned Hana. Bright silver eyes widened in surprise and he wondered if he should mention his own little crush on the koi lady. Of course that had been a long time ago, and he’d just been a puppy at the time but it was still an odd coincidence.

"Hanako?" Hika asked softly as he went on to try and choose his words carefully. He hated to see Mortis so downtrodden, it wasn’t right for his wonderful, bright, and sweet friend to feel like this. He tried not to be upset at Hana for doing this to him. ”Oh, Mortis." He said softly, only barely restricting himself from giving his friend his support. Mort already knew he couldn’t make everyone happy so Hika decided not to reiterate, it was a hard lesson especially for someone as lovely as Mortis. "You said your brother really liked her though, so why was she trying to get kisses from you?" Kaiyo wouldn’t hear a single bad word about Mortis and as they spoke he was even more certain that Mort was taking too much blame for a mistake that Hana made. It was an odd feeling.

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-24-2021, 01:44 PM
His head shot up to look at Hika in surprise "yeah" Hanako. Did his friends already know each other? He didn't really know where Hana had come from. Only that slavers had gotten a hold of her. She was a Koi-looking wolf like Hika and Hattori. Had he never really considered that implication before? Silly winged boy.

Hikaru would continue to deliver shocking insight. The white wolf was right, Hana liked Azure. Mortis knew this, knew that his friend spent a lot of time with his brother. Hana also knew that things weren't easy between Mortis and Azure. Kissing the winged boy... it was a act almost of cruelty. The Hana he knew would have realised how much it would have messed with his head. The Hana he knew was also too kind to be cruel. There was only one answer, something was wrong with Hana. He was her friend, and he had neglected to see it. "Do you think she's okay?" He asked Hikaru softly

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-24-2021, 02:14 PM

Kaiyo was surprised that Mortis was surprised that he knew Hana. Not very well, she hadn’t even remembered his name when they reunited here in the Armada. Still, she could be considered his first puppy crush. He saw Hana like Mort did, sweet and innocent without a bad bone in her body. It was quite odd behavior for one like her, but Hikaru refused to entertain the thought Mort was in the wrong. Hana wasn’t part of the Iga clan and perhaps harbored a different set of morals. Hikaru didn’t see any honor in what she had done, and it didn’t seem like the Armada heir felt that way either. Was Hana alright?

Hika looked away, not wanting to betray Hana’s trust. If there really was something bothering her, could Mort make use of what information he had? "I don’t know." He started, and very slowly returned his silver gaze to the aqua eyes of his friend. "She asked me not to tell you, but the other day she stopped by the den looking for you. She mentioned that you had a project.. Um or something like that for her that she hadn’t finished yet." He tilted his head, "I would have told you earlier, but I didn’t suspect anything until now..." Hikau looked up apologetically as though he was part of the cause to Mort’s turmoil.

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-24-2021, 03:53 PM
He stomach churned, he couldn't describe the feeling exactly. It was like he had a feeling of bad things. He wanted to hop out of the hotsprings and go dashing back to the Armada. Find Hanako, and speak to his friend. Do something about the rift that had opened between them. He could never be anything more then her friend, but wasn't his friendship enough?

He shook away the thought and looked at Hika in puzzlement. "She lied to you?" It was like Hana was becoming someone he no longer recognjsed. She was drifting away from them, and guilt was crashing down on him. "I think something must have happened with her. It was like she changed so drastically. From loving life, to being... almost spiteful. Oh, God, Hika." He turned to his friend, eyes wide. "When she joined the Armada she had lost the people she was with. Slavers, assholea thay had mindwashed her into thinking she was property. Azure and Sirius said they had dealt with it, but what if one of them had gotten to her? What if they had hurt her, or twisted her head around again?" The color drained from his face, showing the stress and worry beneath.

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-24-2021, 04:33 PM

Hikaru could feel Mortis tense and the boy lifted himself so that he could offer a pale paw to his friend’s shoulder. Like he’d done earlier at the joint of his wing Hika massaged gently, hoping he could soothe his friend back to relaxing in the water. Ink tipped ears fell back on his skull as his friend spoke painfully. Had Hanako lied to him? Mortis didn’t sound like he was expecting anything from her at all. Kaiyo leaned forward and nuzzled Mort’s jaw supportively.

"I think you should believe your dad and brother," He spoke softly as he tried to show his support but also show sense to his friend. "Did something happen between her and Azure? If she wanted to kiss you instead of him, that doesn’t sound like slavers." Hikaru stroked his back gently, hoping to instill the calm that Hika still felt. "Hey," he tried to get his attention, and wore a sweet grin, "She’s going to be alright. Being stressed won't help anyone. Relax, we can figure everything out when we get back."

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-24-2021, 04:42 PM
The fight had happened well he was guarding Hana on the Ashen Islands. It had happened well Seer and Azure had dealt with the slavers. Those horrid creatures had been near by, and Hana had acted out. He had thought to draw lines there before, but now he couldn't stop himself. Hika didn't seem to think they were connected, and Mortis leaned into the massage with a soft, frustrated sigh. Working out puzzles wasnt his strong suit. "Can you keep the whole slavers thing to yourself? I'm not meant to tell anyone" he couldnt say why exactly, but he felt certain that Hika wouldn't dob him in.

"I don't know. I don't see much of Azure, sometimes there's these shining moments where we agree completely on something, but most of the time he keeps his distance from me" he explained. Maybe Hika was right, maybe thats the angle he should be exploring. "I couldn't ask Azure anyway, he wouldn't share any of secrets with me" would Hana? He wasn't sure. He didn't have the faintest idea how to star unraveling what had changed Hana. He wanted answers, he wanted to find a way to help his friend. But he was just Mortis, the silly, useless side of the Fatalis legacy.

He let out a soft, long, sigh, and leaned back against Hika. Closing his eyes. Despite being a giant, sometimes he felt very small.

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-24-2021, 04:54 PM

Mortis was struggling before him and Hikaru felt like he wasn’t being much help. Beyond listening and offering what opinions and observations he could there was little that Hika could do. In that moment there wasn’t much that Mortis could do either, thus his frustration. Kaiyo couldn’t and wouldn’t blame him, he’d just be here trying to help him relax again. "You didn’t tell me anything, they brought her through to try and sell her to my clan a long time ago. That’s how I know her." He explained, but also make a lock and key motion over his lips. "But I won't say anything." He promised.

Moertis went on, but there wasn’t much for Hikaru to say, perhaps he should just be patient and wait for Hana to come back to him. If you loved something let it go type of thing, but he wasn’t sure that would be the most sound advice with Mort so worried. The winged boy leaned back against him and Hika positioned himself so Mort’s head was nestled at the crook of his neck comfortably. Since they met Mort had been the one to shield Hika, but the koi would take his turn today as he held Mortis lightly. With soft and careful movements he lowered his muzzle to gently groom the soft fur at Mort’s dark ears.

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-24-2021, 05:04 PM
Mortis slowly opened his eyes. He didn't bother trying to look up at Hika, who he leaned against. Instead he let his gaze drift out to the sky, looking at nothing.
Well.
Hika had made it abundantly clear he didn't fit in where he had come from. Mortis wouldn't have fit in either, not if they where the type of people to watch brain-washed Hana paraded in front of them and do nothing to save her. Sirius and Azure had killed them. All of them. Even the kind hearted Mortis didn't waste a second thinking about the loss of their life.

He didn't speak for a while, and after a moment his eyes slipped closed again. Hika was an affectionate, busy wolf. Spending his time gently grooming Morts coat. The winged heir had never met a wolf that was as free with affection as he himself was before. It was... nice. It helped to distract him from his thoughts for a time. Maybe he needed to cut Hana some slack, she had been raised by slavers after all. They had messed with her head, given her a weird idea on what marriage was. Maybe she didn't know how to cope with the new direction of her life. Mortis could relate, after a time, Mortis pulled away, paddling softly into the deeper part of the pool. He didn't sit still for long, or easily. He was restless by nature. "If you wanna relax, I might go catch a rabbit for lunch" he didn't mention the dried meat in his bag, he had some steam he needed to work off.

If jt had been Mal with him, they would have fallen into a game of hide and seek. If it was Hana, they would have raced. Raced, and raced, and raced. That girl loved to run. What kind of wokd would Hika be? What did he like to do?

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-24-2021, 05:19 PM

He sat for a long lovely moment as he saw to the little bits of mud that still clung to the delicate fur at his ears or that tiny bit above the scar like markings over his eye. Mortis seemed to relax just a little, he closed his eyes and leaned back, that seemed enough for now. Words weren’t needed, Hika couldn’t offer any other insight to his friend besides relax. They’d both cooled off, or warmed up, but Mortis was still stiff. It was no surprise when he pulled away, obviously restless.

Hikaru watched, but felt the tension of his friend and couldn’t relax himself. Eventually Mort mentioned the need to grab a rabbit. "Make sure you dry off first," He warned, lifting himself out of the pool to fetch the furs that would help rid their fur of excess water. "Do you want my help?I’m not an excellent hunter but I can pull my weight." He didn’t really want to leave Mort’s side, no matter what they were doing. Hunting or relaxing in the hotspring, Hika just wanted to be with his friend. To be there for him during a hard time like this.

"Speech"

Mortis

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-25-2021, 02:04 PM
The winged boy paddled around the deeper end for a moment, and then pulled himself to the side, paws hanging over the end. His butt wiggled for a moment, seeking momentum, before he hauled himself over the edge. He was at the opposite end of the pool to Hika, and he stepped down the rocky incline on the other side. Safe from wetting his friend, he shook himself vicariously.

As he walked around the edge back to Hika, his friend had grabbed the drying skins. Mortis took the one offered to him with a smile. He might have been on edge because of Hana, but he could still appreciate Hikas kindness.

As he rubbed his coat with the skin, he nodded."That woumd be nice,and a bit of exercise would help war. And dry us. Are you sure your done soaking? I don't want to pull you away too early. Through I suppose this place isn't far. We can come back another time." This, after all, was suppose to be a fun outing for Hika. He had muddied it with his confused thoughts. As his smaller friend stepped out of the water and shook off, Mortis dropped another skin over his side. "I didn't get to ask you the stuff I wanted, I'm sorry. Like what's your favorite food? What games do you like to play?"

Hikaru

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-25-2021, 02:29 PM

Hikaru watched Mortis as he moved restlessly through and out of the water on the other side of the pool. He was obviously troubled, and Hika felt terrible that he couldn’t do anything for him beyond being supportive. He had no idea what was going on in Hana’s mind, nor did she seem like she wanted to explore any turmoil with him. The last time he’d seen her she’d been so cheery.

He tried to put her from his mind, but he knew Mort was bothered, not that Hika minded trying to help his friend. They’d come for a nice relaxing afternoon and had done the opposite. Mortis did mention that he’d enjoy Hika coming along on his hunt, and he was right. They’d get warmer if they were putting their effort into something, it would help take the winged boy’s mind off his worries too.

Kaiyo lifted himself from the warm water and rid himself of the excess water in his coat as Mort draped the other skin over his back. "We can, and if it was everyday I wouldn’t be upset." He chuckled as he rubbed the fur over his own, transferring the majority of the water that was left and warming himself as well. "Don’t be sorry, we just had other issues to work out." He bumped Mort’s shoulder playfully. "My favorite food? Games?" Hika pondered for a moment, he ate what he was given or could catch when he was training, and there weren’t many games they played. "Hmm, land based I’d say pheasant but salmon is my favorite." He told Mortis decidedly. "Mahjong is my favorite game, though I’d wager finding a set would be impossible here." He offered somewhat sadly as he thought of the strategy game from home. "What about you?" If they were playing twenty questions Hika wanted in too.

"Speech"