Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
08-07-2021, 01:39 AM

Iris appeared promptly, as was her way. She dipped her head and greeted them, while Art looked her over with very curious eyes. He let the boy look for a moment, before shaking his head in amusement. It wasn’t like the pretty girl had two heads or anything. “Iris. This is Artorias, my Godson.” He introduced the two of them

“He’s new to the concept of slavery, and curious about the whole thing. Would you like to shed some light on what your life was like before the Armada, and after. To give him some context” he requested and explained to the young girl.

While she thought over that, he turned his head back to the blue wolf. “Say, while we are on the subject. Are you aware that I was a slave as a child?” that would likely blow the poor man’s mind, if he didn’t. It showed just how far a wolf could change in the world. From slave to Warlord, property to master.

"Speech"

Iris

gems
size
build
player
08-07-2021, 01:51 AM

She shifted her orchid gaze from Sirius to the young man beside him again as he was introduced as his Godson and she gave Artorias another dip of her head before looking back to the Warlord as he explained why he had called her here. Her eyes widened with surprise at the request, glancing at the blue-hued boy uncertainly. If he wasn't aware of slavery and the darker sides it held already perhaps it was for the best that he never learned, but she also knew she couldn't deny Sirius when he gave her what was essentially a command. She settled back onto her haunches across from them and while she tried to figure out how to even begin Sirius mentioned how he had once been a slave as well. The fact had been shocking to her the first time she heard it so she could only imagine how it was going to blow the mind of this boy that already looked incredibly confused and curious by the whole thing.

Once it seemed like there was no getting out of her explanation she began, her voice as soft and lilting as ever. "Well... Before the Warlord brought me here my experience as a slave was very different than what it is now. I was sold into slavery by a man that had stolen me from my parents. From a very young age I was primarily used for... physical pleasures and was constantly abused." That was putting it lightly and skipped over many details, but it painted a picture well enough. "I was bought and sold many times, but all my masters were pretty much the same. The slavers that owned me last had left me abandoned with some other slaves they didn't have the man power to contain when they moved their camp. I would have starved to death if the Warlord hadn't hadn't found me when he did. Now I have the honor of serving miss Zee as her handmaiden to repay him for that kindness." She smiled softly, giving Sirius a small glance. She truly was grateful to even be sitting here right now and caring for his wife and being her friend felt like a very small price to pay.

"Iris"

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
08-07-2021, 02:19 AM

Artorias dipped his head back in greeting to Iris when Sirius introduced him to the slave woman. She seemed taken aback by Sirius' request to tell him her story, seeing the look of trepidation in her orchid-hued eyes. Artorias' brow creased while he tried to discern what that reaction was about. Was the afraid, ashamed of herself, nervous? He had been in the middle of puzzling it would when Seer dropped a bomb on him. The Warlord had once been a slave. Artorias turned to his godfather with a look of absolute shock, eyes wide and mouth agape. It was impossible to imagine Sirius as being subservient to anybody, but it did explain where his mentality of any wolf can be anything if they work hard enough for it. He had started out as a slave, and now he was the alpha of one of the most infamous packs in Boreas. Those achievements were nothing to snub at, made even more impressive knowing Seer's background, but it did bring up many questions Artorias had, specifically around Sirius' earlier years.

Iris began to tell her life story, and to no surprise of Artorias, it was not a pleasant one. Artorias listened to the atrocities that befell Iris, from her kidnapping to her sale into slavery, the sexual abuse and rape that followed, and how she had gone through a number of owners. Artorias grimaced, looking over the woman once more. She didn't seem old by any means; how often was she being traded and sold back and forth between different wolves?! Were they merely using her for sex for a period of time and reselling her once they were done with her? The very thought felt wrong inside his head—but had Sirius not just told him that this was the way some packs saw slavery? Was this another shade of gray in the world he'd have to navigate? He might have been put off by the notion of sexual assault, but those other wolves clearly hadn't been. Could he definitely say he was right and they were all wrong when there was an entire way of life built off of that?

"I... I'm so sorry, Iris," he said after a moment, not really sure what one was supposed to say when told a story like that. He glanced to Sirius at his side, then back to her again. "I'm happy to know your life is turning around now. I know Sirius will take care of you from now on." Iris was one of the Warlord's wolves now, and he knew how protective the man was over what he considered his. Iris would never go wanting for anything, nor would she ever fear anything for the rest of her days. Curious amber eyes turned back to Sirius then, fixing the larger man with his prying stare. "You were a slave too? What did you have to do as a slave? And who could ever enslave you? You're the Warlord."

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
08-07-2021, 02:31 AM

Iris looked a little uncertain at the request, but it wasn’t long before she was glancing over her time before the Armada, and highlighting it with how happy she was to be here. Her recount of earlier days did cause a tightening around his eyes and muzzle. An acknowledgment of what she had encountered - of which the Warlord did not approve of. Wolves under you were to be taught and nurtured, not raped and starved and abused. It was a gross misuse of power.

It was a lot for Art to absorb, and he could see the impact of it when Art spoke. “Her story tells of how those in power abuse their strength. If you are looking for an idea of how to lead, I would say this example is what to avoid” he said severely. “You're right, I take care of what is mine.” And Iris was his. “Thank you Iris, for sharing.” He said, acknowledging that it wasn’t easy for her.

“You can stay and listen or head back to your work Iris, I don’t mind which” He said gently to the girl, before seating himself on his hunches and turning his attention to Artorias. “Before I was a Warlord, I was a child.” He said with some amusement to his Godson. “My origins lie in the original Ashen Empire. My parents were high ranking warriors in their army. They were killed in their wars when I was very young, and I was given to one of the Emperor’s younger daughters. I was her slave and guard” He explained softly.
=

"Speech"

Iris

gems
size
build
player
08-07-2021, 10:52 AM

Iris dipped her head in a small nod to Artorias as he apologized for what she had gone through, giving him a reassuring smile. She didn't feel one way or another about her past. It certainly wasn't pleasant and she wouldn't voluntarily send time thinking about it, but it didn't hurt her to talk about it either. She felt detached from her past, as if a different wolf had experienced those things instead of herself. The only time her trauma really showed itself was when a male was close enough to touch her and her instincts made her tense, but otherwise she was able to move on fairly easily.

She was more bothered by having to tell this to such a young wolf than she was having to talk about it in general, but as Sirius spoke about how her story was an example of an abuse of strength she supposed she understood it better. She was happy to be an example if it was being used as a cautionary tale. She nodded and offered Sirius a small smile as well at his thanks and once he gave her the option to return to her work she rose to her paws. "Thank you, sir. A pleasure to meet you, Artorias," she said softly before turning to return to the herbs she had been processing.

"Iris"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
08-07-2021, 03:02 PM

Artorias' ears folded back to his head while he listened to Sirius explain how Iris' story was a cautionary tale of the dangers of abusing power or becoming consumed by it. Power was a fine line to walk, it seemed. Stray too far over the edge and you became a tyrant enslaving those beneath you, abusing them and destroying them. Reserve yourself too much and you appeared weak, unfit to lead. His warning felt like a slight contradiction to his earlier statement about how having strength meant you could do whatever you wanted, but maybe it was meant more as a caveat to that claim. Strength to do what you want, but the wisdom and morality to know what you should do with the power given to you. Artorias began to worry. Would he be able to know where the line was in his reign?

Sirius dismissed Iris, who left with the formality she had arrived with. "You too, Iris," he replied with a tip of his head to her before the smaller servant girl disappeared back to her duties. Left with Sirius once more, Artorias listened in quiet contemplation while the Warlord explained his past, how his parents had served for the Ashen Empire, and once they had fallen in battle he had been enslaved and given to one of the Emperor's daughters. "Your parents served the empire as soldiers, and in return, they enslave you when your parents are killed in service to them?" he asked, reiterating the Warlord's own story with a tone of incredulity. His eyes narrowed, brows furrowed while he tried to work out the sense that made. It didn't. "The Empire must have changed a lot between then and now—or I really don't know what the real Ashen Empire is like. They didn't seem that... sinister when I was there." Stuffy and cold, maybe, but not malicious.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-07-2021, 03:26 PM

He was amused that Iris immediately took the offered exit, politely untangling herself from the speaking wolves and going back to her work. He really shouldn’t have let a slave worm their way into his heart, but he was fond of Iris despite himself. She was both polite to a fault, and showed some spark, regardless of what she had been through. He shook his head, dismissing her from his thoughts, and looking back to Art.

His lip twitched in a smile at Art’s question. The border patrol was continued on by Bast, leaving the two men to speak quietly along the edges of the Armada. “That was the way of the Empire. My parents were not trusted lords, they were property that had served them well. In consideration for what they had achieved for the Empire, I was given to a Princess instead of simply sold at a market.” He explained. How different would his life have been if that had been the case?

“Deathbelle was not intended to rule, and she was not her father. When she reestablished the Empire in Boreas, she wanted her people to love her, not fear her. Venom has perhaps a firmer hand, but no. She does not have her grandfather's cruelty.” It seemed that all the way in the Hallows, Art had not learned a great deal of the Ashen and Armada’s histories. “I do not believe the old Empires view on slaves is correct, but nor do I believe they have no place in the world. Slaves are perhaps a controversial topic, and it will be up to you to make your own opinion on them.” His mouth twisted into a wry smile as he stretched out his paws. “I imagine the moderation of Resin and Tamsyn will also have some sway in the opinion you eventually build. But come, that’s as much as I wish to touch on the topic today.” He said, as he climbed back to his mountainous paws.

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

08-07-2021, 10:39 PM

It had been quite a day for learning for Artorias, and it was still early morning! What had started as a simple border patrol had turned into a deep life lesson about power, control, and ethics. But isn't that what he had come here for? To learn how to lead, to be an alpha and all of the responsibilities that came with it? The lessons he had with Sirius ranged from the practical to the deeply profound, and every day felt like a new challenge or awakening had been presented to him. Sirius explained how his life could have been different if his parents hadn't been loyal soldiers. He would have been sold to the highest bidder instead of given to a princess, and in turn he never would have been given the Armada and made its Warlord. He would likely have served out the rest of his days in obscurity, the world never knowing his name. And if he never had the Armada, never married Zee, then she would never have saved Tamsyn, and Artorias would never have been born.

It was a lot of heavy material for the young wolf to take in, and he was a little grateful to Sirius for ending their conversation there. He took a slow breath to try and steady out his spinning brain. No, Artorias had not learned the stories of the Ashen Empire, as his mother Resin had a distaste for the collective and staunchly refused to allow the Hallows to be a part of them. He knew some of the Armada's history from Tamsyn's stories of serving as its General, but beyond that, these were all new tales to the boy. Sirius ended their lesson by telling Artorias he would have to make his own opinion on the matter of slavery, and whether his pack would incorporate it or not. He looked up to the larger man when he mentioned his mothers holding influence over his perspectives, and to a degree he was right. Neither of them had chosen to talk about it or expose any of their children to the ways of some of the other packs, to cultures outside of their own, perhaps out of disdain for them. He couldn't say for sure. But whatever the reason, this was all uncharted territory for the blue wolf.

At the Warlord's urging, Artorias rose to his paws and followed alongside his mentor wherever they went. "Thank you, Sirius," he said after a moment, turning appreciative amber eyes up to the Warlord's weathered features, "for talking to me and treating me like an adult. My mother, she tries to protect us all. But sometimes it makes me think we might just end up being sheltered instead of prepared. So... thank you for being open and not keeping the realities of the world from me."

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-08-2021, 12:12 AM

Art was quick to rise to his own feet, and follow after the Warlord. After a few moments, his voice reached out to Sirius, catching the larger wolf's attention. Turning to his amber eyed apprentice, surprise would flicker across his muzzle. The appreciation of this wolf meant more to him than Sirius could say.

He shuffled two massive front paws, slowing his gait for a moment before he spoke. “My home is your home, Artorias.” He said, meaning the words. Ever since learning that Art was his godson and shared his name, his love for the boy had grown into something more fatherly. He had spent a great deal of time with Art, and it could even be said that he had had a chance to bond with him better than he had most of his own children. It seemed that Art always had time for him, and the Warlord did his best to give his own time to the growing future leader.

“You crossed the threshold of childhood a long time ago. You're here to learn, and I will do what I can to prepare you for the future that awaits.” He said softly after a moment. He finished.

The rest of the patrol ran fairly smoothly, occasionally checking the boys knowledge of this scenario or another, checking his ideas on defences and threats and finding his answers to be well thought out and clever. He was a boy raised to rule, of that Sirius had no doubt.

They broke off the patrol to grab some lunch, and Sirius pulled some dried meat from storage, offering some to the other wolf. “How about we get in a spar after this has had a chance to settle?” He suggested.

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

08-08-2021, 11:53 PM

Although he had heard it a number of times from the giant of a wolf, Artorias didn't think he'd ever not feel the familial warmth whenever Sirius would state that the Armada would always be his home. The relationship that the two wolves shared had been through its strains and trials, but their bond had never frayed nor severed. It endured, weathered difficulties and pain and loss and strife. Together, Sirius and Artorias had emerged from the hellish quagmire the past few seasons had been stronger, and the blue-furred youth was thankful beyond words for his mentor's fatherly role in his life. He respected and admired Sirius in much the same way he had revered and admired Resin, both wolves forming the keystone that the rest of his training and his path were built upon. Artorias might have had a lot of his own learning and growing and decisions to make, but his foundation would always be formed from the Carpathius matriarch and the Fatalis patriarch.

Artorias didn't respond verbally to Sirius' comment of him passing through childhood long ago. That was the painful and hard truth of the matter. Artorias had never been given a typical childhood. Days of play and innocence were replaced by days of demanding training and exposures to the darkness of the world. He had never complained, of course; he wanted to please his mothers and make his family proud far more than anything else at the time. But it was a fact that Artorias' childhood had ended more or less the day he decided to become a knight under Resin, and his innocence had died along with her. That was the day Artorias Carpathius had been forced to become a man and the strength of his family.

They finished their patrol uneventfully, Artorias answering all of Seer's scenarios to the best of his ability and asking questions when he couldn't reach an answer on his own. Sirius seemed pleased with the responses he gave, so his mother's training as well as his own intuition seemed to be pretty well calibrated if nothing else. While they ate their lunch, Artorias looked at Sirius with an eager gleam in his eyes. The Warlord wanted to spar with him? Abso-fucking-lutely! "You know I'd never turn down a chance to spar with you," he replied with a confident grin. "But maybe no edged blades this time. Almost killing the Warlord once was more than enough for one lifetime, I think." He chuckled, but also still felt incredibly guilty for giving into his anger like he had that day. No doubt he'd left Sirius with a few new scars in the aftermath. Allowing his anger to overtake him was not something he was intending to ever allow again.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-09-2021, 12:18 AM

The Warlord laughed over that, swallowing his mouthful and raising a paw where Art had skewered him like a fish kebab. The other, numerous marks were hidden beneath his thick coat. “A permanent mark on the Warlord, by your very blade.” He agreed. The recklessness had been his own, and they had both suffered and grown for it. Certainly, he bore no grudge against the sword-wielding knight.

“Alright, no blades, but no holding back either” He commanded, pushing aside the carcass remains and getting to his paws. He shook out his coat before burying the remains - no point inviting scavengers - and waited for Art to be ready as well.

Together, the two wolves headed down to the beach, and walked along the sandy shore. Giving themselves a little bit of time, before heading to the training rings and hopping in. “Alright, do you want the first move?”

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

08-09-2021, 12:46 AM
Artorias was able to enjoy the Warlord's mirth and find humor in how the two wolves had acted like heartbroken knuckleheads the last time they'd fought. Really, both of them bore fault for what had occurred, but they had both been able to learn, grow, and bond closer with one another after that. It was one of the big catalysts that had put Artorias on this path to imitate and learn from Seer, and was a factor to why he was sitting here enjoying a meal with the Fatalis patriarch now. He glanced over the scar he'd left on Sirius' paw when he'd countered a blow with the knife. As much as he'd hated hurting the man, Art did feel a small sense of pride in his abilities with that maneuver. He hummed and nodded his head, grateful Seer had accepted his condition to not use any blades this time. Perhaps again in the future, but this fight he wanted to prove his abilities with nothing beyond fang and claw and muscle.

Once their meal was devoured, Artorias followed Sirius down to the beachfront where the sparring rings were set up. Artorias looked out over the water, listening to the lap of the surf on the shore, enjoying the feeling of the soft grainy sand between his toes. There was something about the coast and the water that Art just loved—always had, always would. It calmed him, relaxed him, helped him focus his mind. Once they arrived to the familiar training rings, he easily stepped inside behind the Warlord and took his position. He scooped a pawful of sand, letting it run between his digits while he sampled the terrain, placed it in his mind as part of his battle strategy. Sirius offered him the first move and the young wolf accepted with a grin. "Gladly."

Artorias took his position, paws shifting through the sand to find some good footing while he rolled his shoulders and aligned his head with his spine. Ears folded to his skull and eyes narrowed to focus on the large dark form of his opponent, Artorias propelled himself into battle. He rushed for Sirius, knowing the Warlord was a seasoned combat veteran and would not be an easy foe to vanquish. He would need to use all of his tricks and techniques to pull out a victory here. As he came bounding up to the larger wolf, Artorias instead kicked his heels into the sand to stop his forward momentum and leap to the Warlord's left side, aiming to dive around Sirius' side and lunge at the man's shoulder from behind with teeth and claws bared. His aim was to grab the Warlord just beneath his shoulder joint and latch on where he couldn't be reached easily in retaliation.

Artorias Sirius Carpathius vs Sirius Fatalis for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Extra large
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Damascus steel sword
Defensive Battle Accessory: Reinforced leather cuirass
Companion 1: Common raven, Male - Flying
Companion 2: Silver cross fox - Battle
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Navigator
Specialty: Weaponsmaster

"Artorias"

One big happy family

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-09-2021, 12:57 AM
I can't destroy what isn't there
Art took the entry manoeuvre, and began to tear across the sand towards the Warlord. Sirius braced himself, a grin on his maw as he rolled his heavy shoulders forward. Instead, with a stop so abrupt it kicked sand towards the Warlord's muzzle, the young warrior leaped towards the side of the Fatalis wolf.

Accustomed to the feeling of sand, he tipped his head back, and let the blue wolf’s attack hit. When Art's teeth latched onto his shoulder joint, finding purchase through his thick coat, the Warlord swiveled. Bringing his opposing arm into reach, he balanced his weight on his back legs and aimed to dig his claws into the back of Art’s neck, and use his superior strength to yank as hard as he could. Aiming to throw him off balance before him.

Sirius Fatalis vs Artorias Sirius Carpathius for Spar
Round 1/2
Size: Dire wolf
Offensive Battle Accessory: Front leg bracers with knife
Defensive Battle Accessory: Back leg bracers
Companion 1: Black Vulture, Male - Battle - Boosted
Companion 2: Snow Leopard, Female - Battle - Boosted
*Companion 3: Spectacled bear, Female - Battle
Mutation 1: Cat claws - Offensive
Mutation 2: Fangs - Offensive
Mutation 3: Thicker fur - Defensive
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Bloodletter

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

08-09-2021, 01:09 AM
There was a little bit of smug satisfaction when Artorias was able to dupe the cunning Warlord. One aspect he had always been skilled in was his footing and his agility, and he planned to use both to his advantage. Navigating the sandy terrain wasn't too terribly different from the training he'd done as the Shimmering Shore back home in Auster, but Seer had spent years training with his toes in the sand. He knew this land like the back of his own paw. Artorias managed to sink his teeth into the Warlord's thicker fur, gripping him by his shoulder—only to feel his paws leave the ground when Seer shifted his weight back on his hind legs to lift Art up with him. Sharp claws bit into the back of his neck, and Artorias felt his opponent pull him off of him.

Sirius' yank ended up throwing Artorias back to the ground before him, the boy hitting the ground and using his momentum to right himself back to his paws. Fangs bared in a silent snarl, Artorias wasted no time and lunged straight for the burly dire wolf once more, hoping to catch Sirius while he still had his weight pushed back on his hind legs. Art leaped at Sirius, paws seeking to grab the Warlord's chest and teeth aimed for where shoulder met neck to get a firm grip on his opponent while he threw all of his weight onto Seer with the hopes of using enough force to send him falling onto his back. Pinning the larger wolf was out of the question, but if he could get him beneath him, he might be able to get a few good hits in before his opponent could right himself.

Artorias Sirius Carpathius vs Sirius Fatalis for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Extra large
Offensive Battle Accessory: Damascus steel sword
Defensive Battle Accessory: Reinforced leather cuirass
Companion 1: Common raven, Male - Flying
Companion 2: Silver cross fox - Battle
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Navigator
Specialty: Weaponsmaster

"Artorias"

One big happy family

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-09-2021, 01:15 AM
His grip was sound, and he was able to tear Art off his shoulder joint with a pained snarl. First blood went to his blue apprentice. Art hit the ground, and clearly knew how to fall. Already moving with the momentum, he was on his feet again before Sirius could make full use of the opening.

Sirius had already pushed his weight forward, intending on leaping upon the marginally smaller wolf when he came at the Warlord again. Shoving into his chest with his teeth. He was welcome to it, it was one of the places his thicker coat truly showed. Art pushed up against Sirius, and the Warlord grabbed at the other wolf with his right paw, aiming to sink his claws into the other's collarbone and push down. What Art had done, was put himself into the position where it came down to strength on strength, and Sirius had gravity on his side.

Sirius Fatalis vs Artorias Sirius Carpathius for Spar
Round 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Offensive Battle Accessory: Front leg bracers with knife
Defensive Battle Accessory: Back leg bracers
Companion 1: Black Vulture, Male - Battle - Boosted
Companion 2: Snow Leopard, Female - Battle - Boosted
*Companion 3: Spectacled bear, Female - Battle
Mutation 1: Cat claws - Offensive
Mutation 2: Fangs - Offensive
Mutation 3: Thicker fur - Defensive
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Bloodletter

"Speech"

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
08-09-2021, 07:16 AM

And the winner is...

Artorias

Sirius must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Artorias:
Attack Roll: 74
Defense Roll: 39
Agility Roll: 36
Perception Roll: 95
Total: 244
Attack[74] + 45% Bonus[33.30]: 107.30
Defense[39] + 15% Bonus[5.85]: 44.85
Agility[36] + 25% Bonus[9.00]: 45.00
Perception[95] + 10% Bonus[9.50]: 104.50
Total[301.65] + 25% Bonus[75.41]: 377.06

Sirius:
Attack Roll: 15
Defense Roll: 81
Agility Roll: 71
Perception Roll: 61
Total: 228
Attack[15] + 115% Bonus[17.25]: 32.25
Defense[81] + 20% Bonus[16.20]: 97.20
Agility[71] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 71.00
Perception[61] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 61.00
Total[261.45] + 40% Bonus[104.58]: 366.03

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

08-09-2021, 11:13 PM

Artorias managed to latch onto Sirius' neck, but the dire wolf was already pushing his weight forward again, leaving the younger wolf entangled with his opponent while gravity Brough them both back toward the ground. Artorias sunk his teeth into Seer's shoulder, but the Warlord's thicker fur protected him from any real harm, leaving Art in the awkward position of just clinging to his godfather. Like it took him no effort, Sirius grabbed him by the collarbone and pressed down, peeling Artorias off of him and slamming him into the ground. Artorias grunted when his back made contact with the sand, finding himself beneath the Warlord all of a sudden with the larger, bulkier man pressing down on him as if to pin him to the ground.

Unwilling to accept defeat, Artorias growled and struggled against Seer's strength, trying in vain to free himself. He was unable to overpower Sirius and unable to break free on his own. His brain scrambled for a solution. Without his weapons, he had no way of gaining an upper hand over the massive Warlord. That is, until a quick glance down Seer's body reminded him of a story the Fatalis patriarch had told him as a puppy. A story of how a mighty warrior had lost to an untrained healer. Spying his key to victory, Artorias glanced up at his opponent with an apologetic glance before bringing a hind leg back and kicking out between the Warlord's legs, catching him in the genitals. He didn't kick him hard enough to cause any real damage, more just looking to stun and cause a total system reset in the giant wolf enough for him to lose his strength.

His kick must have been effective, because as soon as his paw made contact with the dire wolf's balls, he watched Sirius crumple around him. Artorias reacted quicker, pushing strong forelegs against Sirius' chest while throwing his weight to the side to push him off and get to his paws, looming over him with a fierce look of a victorious warrior, but also softened with the concern of a son for a father. "I didn't hurt you too bad, did I?" he asked. "I'm sorry, Seer, it was all I could think to do to win." Had he felt bad using such a technique to secure his victory? Not really; he had won after all. He did feel bad having to use it on Sirius though, someone he loved and respected. Had he been any other opponent, Artorias would seize any means to triumph.

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-09-2021, 11:41 PM
The Warlord grinned at the exuberance of a good fight, especially when he had this one in the bag. Art never should have placed himself at the mercy of the Warlord's powerful paws. He held Art down, and felt the boy wraith beneath his paws, trying to get free. Sirius grunted with the effort of holding him down. His grin grew, and he was about to demand Artoris give up…

When….

Blinding pain. The Warlord froze, and a pitiful moan escaped his lips. He crumpled to the ground, curling about his poor, abused parts. At least Art might have cleared the dust out. “Noooo…. Briars siblings.” he moaned quietly, shaking, coughing, and laughing. Gasping for breath. ”You win, you win” he agreed.

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

08-10-2021, 12:28 AM

For the briefest of moments, Artorias was genuinely concerned he'd hurt Sirius more than he'd intended to. Watching the mighty Warlord doubled over on the ground, shaking and groaning in agony, he felt a moment of dread that he'd done something awful. And then Seer was moaning out a lament for Briar's future siblings, sputtering and laughing. Artorias looked at his mentor like he'd gone mad, then ever so slowly a grin crept across the boy's muzzle as he realized that Seer was actually okay and just incapacitated. Sirius declared him the winner though, and Artorias was almost in a state of disbelief. He had won? He had beaten the Warlord of the Armada?!

An incredulous laugh came from the young wolf who stepped closer to nudge Seer's shoulder with his forehead. He couldn't wait to get home to tell his mother how he'd defeated Sirius Fatalis in solo combat! She'd be so proud of him! "Don't tell me the mighty Warlord can't bounce back from a little tap," he teased with a chuckle and a wry grin. "I'm sure your future generations will be fine. Can you stand, or do you want me to snuggle with you on the beach for a bit?" He gave a flick of his head towards the barracks. "I can go get us some more wine if you only feel cuddly when you're drunk."

"Artorias Carpathius"

One big happy family

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-10-2021, 12:48 AM
Still gasping and trying to push back the pain radiating through his body, he gave another wheezing laugh as Art scolded him for not bouncing back. “You absolute bastard, I was hoping Zee still wanted these one day” he scolded the boy, but his voice was breathless laughter and not anger.

Coughing some more, he pulled himself to a sitting position as Art nudged his shoulder. He ruffled the fur between the boy's ears with a paw. “I’ll take you up on that offer, I need it after that low blow. Who’s been teaching you to fight dirty, anyway?” he said as finally started to regain his breath. If he still kept his head close to his belly, perhaps it could be understood.

"Speech"