size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
07-06-2022, 03:26 AM
Corbie paused in her tugging on the elephant's hide when Mitros told her he was originally from Fireside. She wasn't inclined towards the former pack, but - as she told herself firmly - you couldn't blame people for their associations' actions, just their own, or you were no better than they were. Then she blinked as the rest of his words sunk in. "Pirates? Your family members went off to be... pirates?" She tried to wrap her head around that. "There are pirates?" was her next immediate question, because weren't pirates a human thing, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum sailing the seven seas in a boat?
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Mitros

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

Samhain 20221K
07-06-2022, 04:07 AM
Mitros noticed the woman's grip had slacked on the hide, and nudged her paw to alert her to it before it somehow probably ruined the kinkajou's efforts. To her question, he nodded helpfully. "Yep! They live somewhere south-ish, by a big boat. Mostly they just party, raid, relax and drink their alcohol, I guess. It sounds like an interesting lifestyle, I think, but it's not for me." The stranger was easy to talk to, and Mitros was emboldened and gleeful with his first successful hunt. Taking down an elephant was beyond the pup's wildest dreams. "I'm destined for bigger things, great-granddad says I have to earn my true name, and my mom told me all about how awesome our bloodline was before she passed away. Whatever is in store for me, it can't be endless parties and beating people up just because I can. And I snuck a sip of alcohol when I was littler and it tasted gross."

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
07-06-2022, 04:26 AM
The boy's nudge recalled her attention to the hide before Ayer to scold her to not keeping it tight, and she went back to pulling on it to keep it off the meat so the kinkajou could keep cutting the fascia. She couldn't help but shake her head in incredulity at his description of the "pirates", but she supposed they could call themselves whatever they wanted. Their lifestyle sounded... rather incompatible with her own, but everyone wanted something different in life. She was glad Mitros wanted more in his life than that - he had potential. "Yes, alcohol is a bit of an... acquired taste. And, well, not many people can say that they hunted elephant before they were even a year old, can they?" she said lightly. "I'd say that does go to show that you're destined for bigger things, wouldn't you?"

Ayer had started working her way around in a circle to cut the chunk of hide off in a more reasonable size than trying to skin the whole elephant at once, and Corbie shifted so that the kinkajou could get the part of the hide between her and Mitros. The hide was loosened now, but heavy and slick to hold onto, so she was depending on the youth's larger frame to hold it up higher than she could while Ayer worked.
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Mitros

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

Samhain 20221K
07-06-2022, 04:34 AM
Mitros was not incredibly invested in this part of the hunt, though he did accept the importance of cooperation and knew it was not logical to just gnaw a random chunk of meat from it's side and strut it home. He mostly copied Corbie's movements, keeping one eye on the knife-wielding kinkajou to ensure he was not in anyones way.

When the knife began to pass closer he noticed Corbie struggle to lift the weight higher and moved to place his jaw upon it, using the stability of the elephants form to hold himself up on his hind legs and yank the hide up out of the way. From between the mouthful of hide he mumbled his reply. "I know! I'm awesome." His brightly coloured tail wagged at the praise, the sides of his muzzle pulled upwards in a satisfied grin. The kinkajou's knife finished slicing the portion of hide, and Mitros was able to release and come back down. "You're pretty awesome too though, for having the idea 'bout the cliff."