Expert Hunter (220)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
10-17-2023, 11:42 AM
Delphi all but climbed into his lap, and he let her. Holding her in his paws. He clutched the smaller wolf to his chest. He felt like he should know what to do here. Maybe if he'd had parents that soothed his own fears, he'd have some idea on how to combat hers. Certainly he wasn't about to give her the tough love his mother had given him.

He settled with rubbing the back of her head as she wrapped her paws about his waist. He had wanted no commitments. No attachments, nothing that could be perceived as a weakness. Looking down at Delphi, he could do nothing but acknowledge the inevitable. It was too late. "You can freak out anytime you want, Delphi. I'll always find you."
[Image: Au67KGz.png]

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - GoldWordyUnderachieverCritical Fail!
10-18-2023, 01:16 PM
The feel of his paws around her and rubbing the back of her head is comforting. Though she had not lived a hard life like he had, she appreciated that he tried for her. In reality, she should be the one comforting him. He had been the one quite literally tossed to the wolves. Left alone to fend for himself. Who was she to try and ruin his life all over again? Feeling more guilty than anything when he promised that he would always find her, she continued to cry. Life was hard. She needed to toughen up some time. "Strai," her muffled voice nuzzles against his stomach for a brief moment before she leans back in his embrace to try and look at his face. "Will...," damn she hated that she was about to ask him this. "Will you," she clenches her jaw and wrinkles her face, "help me practice getting better at fighting," Delphi speaks through those gritted teeth before tucking her face back against his chest and closing her eyes.

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
10-20-2023, 09:10 PM

She was still crying, and he knew he was saying all the wrong things. He didn’t know how to deal with this. He’d never had to comfort someone before, and all he knew was how to toughen someone up. Comforting was far, far more difficult, he was realising.

She said his name, and he tilted his muzzle down to her, listening. She hesitated, and he wondered what was going on behind her pale eyes. She looked… Well, she looked constipated. Was she in pain? When she finally spat it out, he blinked, and wiped his expression clear. It was the only way he could avoid laughing, and he knew that would upset her. “I… I’d love to.” He didn’t know anything about teaching, but dammit he’d learn.

"Delphi" & "Strai"

[Image: Au67KGz.png]

Delphi

Hemlock
Curator

Master Healer (285)

Master Fighter (350)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - GoldWordyUnderachieverCritical Fail!
10-21-2023, 10:31 AM
As much as she hated asking for help, she wouldn't deny that she really needed it. The last few fights she'd been in, she had lost horribly. And if she was being honest, she was tired of losing. So when Strai looks down at her and says he would love to, relief washes over her. Delphi won't admit that she hated asking him but also started to look forward to it as well. Maybe he would have some good tricks or tips to help her out. Though it would be a struggle with their size differences, she was sure they would have fun either way. Letting out a sigh, Delphi finally peels herself away from Strai so that she can look up at him. "Let's go back, okay?" She asks before starting off back toward Heidinn lands.

-exit-

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. well, this wasn't how i wanted it to go Rustling Thicket 06:22 PM, 09-14-2023 08:31 PM, 10-22-2023