a ship with no sails

Silverback

gems
size
build
player
08-12-2013, 02:06 PM

~*~

The return of the complement, given in Bane's own way, maybe for a grin to curl up the rounded sides of her short muzzle. Her tail flicked with a bit of playful snap against his flank. Charmer. They had fit eachother quite nicely. What a blessing that her first experience had proven to be so natural and blissful. His remark upon her own gentleness turned her smile into a fang-showing grin. "Your lovely face had enough scars already, sweet one." Though there was that half mocking tone to her voice, there was also tenderness. He had turned her into a kitten; there was no way she could've set her claws to his flesh like that. She had been enjoying herself far to much. There was a question in her mind though. She hoped she hadn't spoiled herself for other cats.

Crap. What if she'd screwed up her instincts enough that, even in the far off future, she'd only want lupine males. At the same time that she was finding that distasteful, there was also a voice telling her that that very well might be all that was out there. But she pushed such thoughts aside; Unhappiness didn't suit the occasion. And besides, with how satisfied she was feeling now, she didn't think she'd feel nature's itch for a long time. Hmmm. Not unless it was Bane again.

His comment on the role she'd played made her eyes glitter with humor. Yes she had been quite wonderful hadn't she? She'd felt no shame and no hesitance as they'd explored one another. Perhaps a part of it was because he was a wolf. This hadn't had the formal courtship and gravity of the possibility of young. This had just been two roamers lighting fire to the chains that had burdened their hearts for so very long. Silverback couldn't think of a moment when she'd been more happy and content. She leaned into that silly looking male of hers, watching him as he thought out a proper response to her question.

And she didn't have to wait long. Now, bringing up a recent one night-stand with your current fling, is not usually a wise idea, not even among wolves. But Silverback was a cat, and she totally understood. She understood partiality and preference, but true commitment? Not in her genetic coding. And the fact that Bane seemed to have broken past that - and pack boundaries? Not bad. Her only response was a humored grunt. "Dog," she muttered, her eyes toying with him. Amenti - she'd heard that name a couple times now. The last had been with that white she-wolf. The purple eyed assassain. She couldn't remember the name though, just that it had been ridiculously proud and had two parts. She refocused though on what her mate was saying. Her gaze softened and grew more serious when he spoke of the possibility of pups.

Tenderly, she uncurled a forepaw and placed it against the hollow of his chest. "There, you see?" she murmured in a gentle voice that suddenly lost all joking tone. "A lover like you shall have no difficulty in finding she-wolves to woo. There is still a chance for you to have that real sense of belonging, of family. -- You could teach them those beliefs which are so important to you." She was truly happy for him. This was wonderful. This was a chance for the male to find himself. And even though it reminded her that she was still lost, there was no bitterness to her words. She was too genuinely pleased for Bane.

And before her spirits could begin to dip, the male was raising her temperature again with bringing himself near and putting his long muzzle to her ear again. She closed her eyes involuntarily as he spoke, imagining the unknown trail in her mind. Mountains? He had mountains where he lived? The south was not her style, nor were pack territories, but if it had mountains.... perhaps it was possible. And who knew, perhaps she'd might find signs of cat life there. The trees with the mark of his shoulder - she stowed that away. She'd remember it later if she ever needed. It was sweet of him to make and offering of himself like that. And Silverback, would be lying if she said it wouldn't tempt her in the future. Though, if he was to have a family, she would needs best watch her step. She had no problem sharing a male, but canines could be so petty about these things, and, if it came to it, she would much rather deny herself than mar his chances of belonging to a normal life. Wow... she took a moment to realize what she'd just thought. She really did like this male didn't she?

She drew a slightly shakey intake of breath as tongue stroked at her ear. "Shall I tell you a secret, love?" she murmured. The murmur turned into a chuckle, as she went on without really waiting for the answer. "I've always hated wolves. Found them so repulsive and ridiculous, but you... " Her voice trailed as she stared up into those eyes of his. "You are something special, something-" she grinned, "Glorious." But that grin slipped out of view, as she rolled over, first onto her side, and then onto her paws. The silver dapple form raised itself up, powdery snow, still clinging to the tips of her long fur. She didn't want to go, not really, but she felt that it was time. Much longer and it's likely enough she'd steal this one away from the world to keep him all to herself. But he was better than that- he was like her. She didn't leave just that instant though. Her momvements and the finality of her words made it clear it was time, but she would let him say his goodbyes.

~*~

Bane

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
08-13-2013, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013, 12:03 PM by Bane.)
Silverback's tail snapped against his side playfully, Bane feeling his face warm at her tenderly voiced complement. "But it would be even lovelier if I had a mark to remember this night we shared, just jab your claws above my eye, the scars will be mere dots, like the stars that were witnesses to our union." Bane but a bit of a whining tone into his request to tease Silverback into doing it. "I am no stranger to pain, and the nerves are burnt away on my face because of the fire of my yearling days."

Bane grew quiet at the memory, his eyes glazing over as he felt her roll against him again and the one word insult. The grey wolf let a chuckle escape his maw and he licked the side of her throat. Oh she wasn't making it easy for him, the familiar tingling sensation and quickening of breath having to be fought back and subdued. And when she placed her paw against his chest the male had to fight himself to not take her again right then and there. "I don't think I can see Silverback, I've been blind a long time." Bane placed his own paw against her chest and reiterated her words. "But now I think the fog is clearing and I can see my way again. And it isn't seeking about to have mating sessions with random females, it's about being there for just one, and I am deeply saddened that it can't be you. We are incompatible, and we cannot bring each other what we want though that wouldn't stop us from trying. I will never forget you."

From the position on his side Bane watched the leopardess close her grey eyes and draw in a nervous breath and ask if he wanted to know a secret of her's "If that's fine with you." Bane was almost cut off when she began, his ears pinning against his head as he listened. When Silverback was done Bane gave a big comforting lick along the side of her face right before she got up, the snow on the leopardess's pelt falling off to drizzle to the ground. "I am flattered, nobody has ever said something so sincere about me before. I'm sure it's my packmates talking about how I'm different and don't fit in because of where I came from. But you have shown me that I still matter. And I thank you." Bane rolled so he was almost on his back and gave Silverback a stiff caress of a paw down her cheek. Damn non-flexible wolf legs. He was ready to leave, she was ready to leave. Bane stood up and didn't bother shaking off, instead placing a paw over her neck again to whisper into one of those rounded ears he had grown so fond of.?"At each lunar cycle I will wait for you at the edge of Seracia during every full moon, just I case you want some company."

And with that Bane took to following her away from the cliffs if only for a little bit before turning south and heading for Seracia with a painful ache in his heart and a tear or two falling down his face.

-Exit Bane-
Bane •nx Tahlia x-q Anais ono Jakart •n• Nako •n• Lior •n• Kailos •n• Espirit •n•

Silverback

gems
size
build
player
08-13-2013, 12:29 PM

. . .

Tender words had been exchanged, and even more tender touches given, but in the end, after a brief walk through the snow, they'd separated to take different paths. Silverback had prowled off into the more rugged contours of the northern land, quickly taken from sight by slopes. But that trail she made through the snow, led her to snowy knolls and jagged bits of rock, she her feline form was quick to slither over. Digging her claws through the ice, she climbed and climbed, her pace quickening to a run as she leapt vertical expanses of stone and frozen water.... until at least she conquered the top. At the brink of the snow hills, she stood, beholding the land spread out in a white map before her - with the ocean away to the east, and Cathedrial Point standing tall and defiant to the weather and the morning sun. And meanwhile to the southwest she had just enough of a view, and just keen enough of eyes, to see a sliver of dark fur against the snow - making it's way homeward.

A breath came from her, freezing in the air before her muzzle. She hadn't realized how hard she'd been breathing. And it couldn't have just been from the run and the climb. Out she stared, craning forth her dappled neck over the sheer drop with the balance that only a cat can manage.

She'd been calm and collected whilst they had to take their leave of eachother, but now that she was once more alone her mind gave way to let her feel the pining of her heart. Bound. Wasn't that the word, she'd thought of earlier? Oh, she had no illusions - if she had her way she would be as promiscuous as possible. That was feline nature and it made for better genetic diversity among the species. She didn't pretend to herself any silly musing about how this silly looking wolf would be the only one for her. And yet... and yet he was the first, and he would hold a place of his own in her heart from then on. Perhaps she would take him up on that offer of his some day - if she ever made it that far south. Her time spent tangled up with him, had been heaven, and once a mortal has a taste of such things, they can only stay away for so long.

But at the same time, she would not allow herself to be out of control. A snow leopard she was, and her first will, had to be to find another snow leopard. She rocked back on her haunches to sit in the snow. That dot on the horizon had gone to grey and would soon fade all together. Seemed she was once more alone. The silver cat uttered a low chuff, and lowered her head a little.

--EXIT/END--

TABLE + CODING BY TIFF