size
Medium
build
Light
player
halfawyrm

Pride - Bisexual
08-15-2022, 02:06 AM

Sybil arrived with Beauregard, sticking close to Wren and the other Menagerie attendees similarly. As a member of a pack, it would be wise for her to attend, as the outcome may affect her and her comrades. As a diplomat, to observe and understand this situation would be crucial in the seasons to come, and as a diplomat in training this could be an incredibly formative learning experience. And finally, as a newcomer to this world, to understand it's mechanisms was to understand what it would take to survive.

The girl arrived here not as a spokesperson, or as someone who their own self importance clear, but as a mage of the Menagerie. She was not here to strike out, to prove herself, and she represented her pack as much as anyone else attending (save Wren of course). She was here not to act, but to observe and study. She made sure to present herself as such, head lower than usual, uneager to make a show of herself. She was not cowering, her poise and her confidence where present still, but it was clear she was not here seeking to turn heads.

The crowd was mixed to say the least. Sybil recognised a few of the faces, the adopted heir to The Hallows, the small Armada boy. She was most surprised to see Torben in the crowd, standing on his own. She'd expected their encounter in the redwoods to be a one-off, but it seemed they had been drawn to the same events, similar crowds. She had gotten the sense that they had been similar, almost fundementally, the same strings pulling at their subconscious self. She wondered how he'd been lately, but made no move to join him, or any kind of acknowledgement.

The rest of them were alien to her, a cacophony of scents, some stronger than others. She noticed a couple of breakaway fights, short but violent. It seemed these kinds of gatherings tended to ignite tensions between many, maybe all. She was unused to such an environment and system, but she was not unprepared. The stakes were higher here, and with most packs functioning in these archaic ways of living, violence was a given. Better to understand it and control it, rather than force it out. She couldn't deny the thrill of adrenaline that came from the spilled blood, the flashing teeth. Even after untold eons of a canine majority, they still held those instincts, that aptitude for conflict.

Still, the smaller scuffles drew less attention from her, little more than passing glances. The two wolves at the centre, that was where her focus was. From the chatter of the spectators, it was clear the skull faced woman was both the initiator and unpopular. A strange mix for someone challenging for a pack of all things. Support was the lifeblood of a developing party, and to begin without it was, well... A gamble would be an understatement. Where these gatherings always a shitshow?

Beauregard got right to talking, which was surprising come from a fighter, but not so much considering his personality. He'd accepted Zephyr easily, quicker than Sybil at least. He seemed to have an apitude for making friends, and while she was slightly concerned for his choices and how quickly he seemed to trust, she did admire him for it. Speaking of likable characters.

She turned to Wren, waited for a pause in the dialogue before speaking. "Who are the contestants?" Her voice was low, but loud enough to be audible to Wren against the background noise. She gave her no expectations, accepting anything she had to offer. Sybil knew that the chaos and her job would be stress enough, not wanting to echo or amplify the chaos in anyway.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅
OOC: will revisit this tomorrow for proof reading, my brain is fried so apologies in advance

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
08-15-2022, 08:01 AM
With part of the Empire being under attack Venom could not sit idly by sequestered away in her own world behind Ashen’s borders. White gloved paws carried her towards the site of destruction. She was far from punctual, but as her sunset gaze looked around the battlefield it seemed she was just in time to witness the main event. Glancing around at familiar faces she made her way towards the wolves who stood in solidarity with Recluse.

Her gaze flashed over Hattori, and she felt a burning in her chest. He could find the time to toil here, but he had no desire to do the same courtesy of his own children. Venom knew their relationship was too far gone and broken for either of them to desire any further interaction, but she was angry for their children. They deserved so much more from the man than complete and total abandonment.

She quickly released him from her gaze, letting the disappointment within simmer as she lowered herself to her haunches next to Sirius and the wolves, and bird, gathered around him. She didn’t miss Azure’s bloody face, nor the commotion building up around them. Her eyes focused on Recluse and the lowly woman who was challenging her for her crown.

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
08-15-2022, 12:49 PM

When had assumed Levi and Ghoul's fight had been retaliation for Azure and the red man's bout. She assumed the red one was part of Habari, and had said something to upset Azure she hadn't heard. Even if it seemed in poor taste, personally, to Wren to start things in public. Kidnapping a diplomat aside, she didn't like Azure and felt his actions had been... again, in poor taste. Showing that Armada's second alpha could be worked up like that to another who didn't even talk to him, yet disapproving of Ghoul's similar reaction? It seemed biased. Especially since Wren saw the red wolf do nothing but sit there. 'Eyeing' was a matter of opinion. Was she 'eyeing' Ghoul, having seen him before? Was she eyeing the wolves like Hanzo, who she gave a brief glance? No, she didn't really like the whole situation.

The Hallow King provided a distraction though. She looked as his son was introduced, with Mercury commenting he'd never seen the likes of him before. "I thought I smelt you at the Gorge" she chirped to the giant bird warmly, wagging her tail "it is nice to meet you, Zephyrus" Hard to forget a scent like a giant animal like him!

Mercury kept his calm head and she was glad for that. Beauregard's companion spoke up, but he was quick to explain a bit more. She nodded with a smile at the yearling, having not missed Artorias' interesting look at her and Mercury. Sybil also appeared, like a ghost among the living. She asked a question and for the sake of diplomacy, she was answered. "Medusa" Wren pointed out the brown-black wolf, leaning to Sybil for her ears only "and Recluse" the albino woman next "Recluse had released Medusa from being a slave when she challenged for her freedom. But Recluse did not fight when challenged. I suspect Medusa felt cheated... I think the action opened up Medusa believing Recluse is a coward and weak." She frowned, personally thinking the same thing.

At least she fought this time. Had it been weakness or just exhaustion? She kept her personal opinion to herself. This was why she kept herself neutral. Medusa may be a friend, and she did support her in everything else, but not this. She could not show a bias in this situation. It was the smart thing to do. Habari hadn't bothered her either, even if she was personally against the use of slaves and even abusing them. "Is your wife" she made an attempt to talk to Azure "unharmed? I will be keeping a very close eye on the Plunder... To kidnap a diplomat on her rounds is brazen and stupid. We will not tolerate it" She looked to Sybil, frowning and worried "and Gossamer was attacked by them again?" She hadn't missed that either! She eyed Mercury, worried too. If he felt a need to try diplomacy with them again... Would they kidnap him?

"This is Sybil, another Mage and Diplomat-in-Training" she added, gesturing as she leaned back from the ivory girl. But before any of them did more, a white-black man approached Artorias. Sirius' demeanor changed a bit and he walked off. Wren trusted the man enough to know associating with this new wolf was wrong. She excused herself quickly as well. "I've seen enough. You guys coming?" She proceeded to follow Sirius, giving Mercury a worried and pointed look.

/fade exit, assume she's somewhere else with seer and co! will post again when the challenge is done.

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Haunted House
08-15-2022, 01:09 PM

As Chimera seated himself beside his friend, it was impossible not to notice the sudden shift in atmosphere. The Armada wolves had always been haughty, reaching above their station. Funny, considering they'd started out as slaves. One might think that would make them a little more humble, but no. Oh well. It wasn't like their approval meant anything to the two-toned man. Sirius and his crew slunk off and Chimera flashed Artorias a grin. "No doubt you'll get an earful about associating with me at some point."

Venom had joined the group and Chi nodded to his sister. Sliding down to lay on his stomach, the brute placed his shoulder against Venom's foreleg, completely at ease with his current company. He'd done absolutely nothing to incur the wrath of any of these bastards, so why bother with being on edge? He and his kept to themselves and he liked it that way. Though he may have had a rough beginning, having had to raise himself, Chimera was a family man now. He had no time or care for petty squabbles.

Nudging his sister lightly, he motioned towards Recluse as she defended her crown. "Any idea what this is all about?" He didn't recognize the other fae that his half-sister was fighting. Then again, Chimera didn't know many wolves. Again, he kept to himself and wasn't some nosey, 'let's get to know everyone' busybody like some wolves were.

"Chimera Klein"

Chimera is a very adult character and takes part in very adult situations. Don't read his threads. Ever.
[Image: tOAj1ES.png]
Chi has three black Tibetan Mastiff's as guards. Assume they're very close by.

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
08-15-2022, 03:32 PM

By time time Azure had returned to the group, wolves who were strangers to him had joined them. Their scent marked them as Menagerie and Az was pleased to see that Wren had put aside her on-the-fence mentality to come and support her allies with her pack. Habari was apart of the Empire, it was important to put a show of strength behind Recluse so that Medusa and anyone else who might try to take a crown from the head of a Klein might remember the numbers that they were putting themselves up against.  

One such stranger had acknowledged his fight directly and Azure raised a brow to the fox as it cheered him on for his violent act. Glancing at Wren and then back at the yearling and fox, Az had the good mind to be restrained. "It's not something to be celebrated." He counselled the fox - and by extension, the yearling owner. "I prefer my grievances aired in private, but some messages are best delivered immediately. I did not strike him for fun or to be rowdy, but to place the memory firmly in his mind for the next time he lays eyes on a wolf who belongs to me." Azure would not lie to the child, but he did not quite want to suffer Wren's annoyance should she be disgruntled at her wolf (and his pet's) approval of his actions.

A further distant call had caught his ear as well - Not like you don’t fucking deserve it, Ignis Praetor. Azure gave a huff of amusement at this new information. So this Ignis had pissed off others before him, and more importantly, Az now had a name to pair with the face. He did not know who the angered wolf who egged him was, but who was he to argue against such passion? Maybe Ignis did deserve it, and more.

Idle chatter followed and Azure turned his head from Recluse and Medusa as Wren addressed him. "My fiance-" He corrected gently. "- is unharmed for the most part, though malnourished and shaken. It seems the pirates are more adept at emotional damage than physical injury." Nodding his head in appreciation, he thanked her silently for her concern. "You have to understand, this is not the first time they have moved against us or ours. I cannot even count their transgressions anymore, though they include not just kidnapping but maiming and arson as well. Three times now they have attempted to steal an Armada wolf - at one point, Sparrow even attempted to claim me by force. That does not even include their treatment of our allies. They had overstayed their welcome in Boreas long before they took our diplomat. Judge me for it if you will - I know you do not approve of such violence - but everyone has a line, and mine has been well and truly crossed." The pirates, in Azure's eyes, had shifted from an unruly band of pranksters and into something more akin to a rabid dog. Uncontrollable, unpredictable, and unfortunately quite dangerous. To underestimate them would be endangering his pack. Such a threat had to be isolated, trapped, and put down.

Newcomers began to arrive and Azure lifted his head to watch Chimera stride onto the scene and place himself firmly against Artorias' side. Az bristled with annoyance, recalling the multitude of ways the Klein dog had offended and betrayed the Armada those years ago. Venom had seemed to forgive him for his actions, but Azure found forgiveness much harder than the Empress ever had. Sirius too seemed slow to forget, his tone changing quickly as he moved to usher his family away. Az was conflicted, and only conflicted further as Venom arrived. This challenge was about Habari and the Empire as a whole in it's first time being brazenly challenged. Solidarity was important - even just the illusion of it - and Azure was beyond paranoid regarding Ignis and the pirate's quiet presence. He had more important things to concern himself with than his hatred of Chimera.

"I will linger a little longer." He told his father softly as the Warlord moved to depart. The challenge was a powder keg, even their allied children had somehow gotten into a squabble. If it were just Artorias (plus the weird bird) and Chimera they were leaving off to the side, it would have been something Az could stomach. With the Ashen Empress now among the spectators... well, tensions were already high and the Champion's paranoia was even higher. He tuned out the discussion between Chimera and Artorias entirely and focused his attention upon the crowd, on high alert for any further approach or potential threat and keeping his son's bout in his peripheral. Had Ghoul initiated, or did Levi? He'd need to have a word with the Habari alpha later, should she manage to keep control of her crown.

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Sybil

Loner

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
halfawyrm

Pride - Bisexual
08-15-2022, 05:24 PM

Sybil tried to not let her expression sour when she got her answer, tamping down the almost immediate disgust that rose after the shock fell away. This was not the place to act on personal vendettas, regardless of the petty scuffles that had broken in the crowd, a participant of one making friendly conversation with Wren. It was now she understood that the boy she had encountered at the beginning of spring had been this man's son. Despite the previous violence, he was polite, correcting beau's companion gently. A good head on his shoulders? Maybe, and Sybil had her doubts. Why snap at this one in particular, when his son had literally been attacked by another boy as he had done so?

Ah, Ignis was a pirate. In that case, the necessity of his actions was more questionable. Understandable, but questionable. She didn't have many she held as close, but she could imagine the personal slight it must've felt, to have someone taken from you in this way. The worried glance Wren gave her an Mercury at the mention of the kidnapping didn't fly over her head. As a diplomat in training, she could be at risk too. She returned her gaze, her expression equivalent to a shrug. So what? They both knew that they were hearing one side of the story, and that side stood in active support of a slaver. Azure's opinion on these matters was not her priority, though maybe it should've been.

”Was there anything that might’ve provoked them?” She inquired quietly. ”Not to say the action was justified in anyway, and you may recognise why I might have a vested interest in understanding the crime.” Not that she was too worried about such a thing occurring with the menagerie. From what it seemed, the Armada and the pirates had quite a bit of history. She knew that Wren would have to distance herself from them regardless.

Wren began to move away, following an aged warlord to a separate area to spectate. She declined the offer. ”I will stay as well.” She was still a bit young to be left amongst such a crowd, but the subtle strain in her tone would tell her that she was set on her decision. The king of the Hallows sat closer here after all.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Recluse

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverSnake EyesVengeance
Pride - Bisexual
08-15-2022, 08:47 PM

Recluse’s focus was purely on her opponent. Medusa had managed to move out of the way of her attempted ramming but Recluse had no time to dwell on that as Medusa’s movement had been in an attack attempt of her own. Pain spread out from her shoulder blade, Medusa’s shoulder thrust had luckily not been able to get to the soft tender flesh of the joint due to the hunch rolling her shoulders forward had caused, but Medusa’s attack still struck bone, almost certainly it would leave some moderate bruising and a hiss of pain escaped her lips. Recluse knew well enough that she had to move quickly, Medusa would attempt to follow up on that hit, and almost on instinct more than anything else Recluse took a little sidestep to her right, Medusa’s paw narrowly missing her own, no doubt ripping some fur from the side of Recluse’s left foreleg on its way down but leaving nothing more than a light scratch in its wake.

As an added bit of luck her sidestep put her a little further to Medusa’s left and gave her a little more room, Medusa’s attempted grab fell a little short, instead of getting a solid grip that ran along the central spinal collum below her skull Medusa’s fangs dug into the left side of her neck. Medusa’s lower fangs found purchase just below the left side base of Recluse’s skull, her uppers getting close to her hunched left shoulder. She would probably bleed from the puncture wounds but it was moderate and importantly a much easier grip for Recluse to work with than what Medusa was no doubt hoping for.

Recluse would keep her head low and make an attempt to push further in towards Medusa, stepping back to her own right and forwards Recluse was hoping to put herself right under Medusa’s throat because Recluse’s real plan was simple. Regardless of if she got further into Medusa Recluse tucked her head as deep as she could given the hold her opponent had on her before throwing it back and angled to her left, just in case, with as much force as she could muster, if she’d calculated correctly Recluse hoped she would slam her skull into Medusa’s throat, just below her voice box, hopefully forcing Medusa to gag and releasing Recluse as a result, but if not hopefully Recluse would still connect with her opponent’s neck or lower jaw and leave a nasty bruise.

At the same time, she was trying to “throat chop” Medusa Recluse also flashed her right forepaw up and out, hoping to connect the bottom of her paw forcefully with Medusa’s left foreleg, Recluse was aiming for slightly below Medusa’s chest, hoping to hit the joint that made up Medusa’s right elbow and maybe, if she was lucky, the leg would buckle from the force of her hit. The movement was almost like an afterthought aiming to be a second or two after she started moving her head, to try and force Medusa's attention off of the attempted kick.

Recluse vs Medusa for Pack Challenge
Round: 2/3
Height: 36"
Build: Light

speech think action

Art by Akage-Kitsu
[Image: lQPmFy0.png]
 Recluse is an M rated character, thread at own risk.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Viscera

Loner

Advanced Fighter (95)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Virgil

The Ooze Participant
08-15-2022, 09:09 PM

Had he been lurking, passive and apathetic, on the fringes for so long? He'd skipped the first of the slave's challenges, and thus hadn't been aware that she wasn't a slave any longer. Had Ichor mentioned it at some point? Perhaps, but lately his brain had been foggy and easily distracted. So he sauntered with languid carelessness towards the growing crowd on the battlefield, he was merely following the trails of his siblings and mother as they all converged at a single point. And there was carnage in the midst of that murmuring crowd- carnage and chaos. Mismatched eyes scanned the group that has grown to surround the battle, and found his mother squaring off with the utmost intensity against the odd slave bitch. A tiny huff, and he shouldered his way through the crowd. There were more important things than mingling right now- his siblings were spectating, and he needed to be by their side. And... there was Ghoul. Throwing down with some pipsqueak that had wicked claws like a bird, and long teeth. A quick glance around showed an awful lot of other wolves about with similar markings over their face... which didn't seem promising.

Looming over his twin, the yearling Klein lowered his tapered crown to growl low in Ichor's ear. "We should have done more damage when we had the chance." he muttered blandly, with a hint of barely restrained frustration. Their good name was about to be dragged through the mud if their mother lost, and vengeance would be necessary. How had he been so ignorant- so blind? How had he missed all signs that this threat was even a possibility? Mottled banner sweeping across his heels, a brief flicker of anxiety rose in his throat before he could swallow it down. "And what the hell is Ghoul doing? Did I miss something?" he added with a frown, taking his eyes from the spectacle of their mother's challenge for a moment to observe the brawl between his littermate and the dark blur that was trying his damnedest to ruin Ghoul's face.

”Speech”  ’Thought’

Havoc

Insomnia
Fear

Beginner Fighter (0)

Intermediate Hunter (40)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Tealah
08-16-2022, 03:01 AM
When Havoc, who had been too far away helping gather things that would be needed for Aerie's exodus from their former lands, finally blew into the battlefield, she had to stop in awe, her jaw actually dropping open a moment in surprise.

It was complete and utter chaos. Wolves from allied packs attacking each other, wolves from enemy packs attacking each other, and there in the middle of it was Medusa battling the bitch who'd been dumb enough to try to keep her captive. Beautiful, wonderful chaos.

Havoc let out a howling whoop of excitement, ending it with a shout of encouragement for her best friend. "Kick her fucking ass, Medusa!" Her paws beating a restless, excited tattoo on the ground for a moment as she glanced around in indecision about where to spectate. It was obvious where the whitey alpha's support was, with all their gloomy disapproving stick-up-the-ass looks on their faces, but she didn't really know anyone who appeared to be cheering for Medusa, didn't even really know anyone who was sitting neutral, and only knew Habari because the scent that had coated Medusa when she was a slave. There seemed to be a lot of those, sitting with all those disapproving whiners who were from other packs. Habari have a whole assload of allies if the many different scents on the bitch's side were to be believed. Well boohoo for them! Guess they'd just have one less ally then, because Havoc knew her bestie was a great fighter, and she'd get the pack away from them and make something new and cool, not stuffy and old like other packs.

A maniacal grin on her skull-marked face, the ginger yearling sauntered jauntily over to sit, very prominently, in a place that it would be obvious who she supported, casting a very smug look over to the gathered enemy allies, particularly the angry-looking young ones. Babies. "Die mad about it, bitches," she giggled to herself, smirking over at them.

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
08-16-2022, 10:52 PM
Widow smirked at Ghouls retort back to her offer of tossing the bitch into the volcano, though it quickly faded when her brothers expression changed into one of hate towards a smaller wolf. Her ears pinned back as her brother stalked off towards the other yearling, glowering at him instead of Medusa for a moment. Briefly her attention was stuck on their fight, anger boiling in addition to what Medusa had already started by initiating this challenge. She didn't have any doubts about their mother besting the wench in the fight, but she was worried about the sun and that she had just had another litter. What would come of them all if Medusa won? Would Medusa go as far as killing Recluse? The new pups? All of them? There was no way that bitch could defeat them all, but it was still a thought that worried her even while her eyes were burning holes into Ghoul as he tore into their ally.

Many had approached and joined their side while she glared at the fight on the sidelines between her brother and the kid from the Armada. She hadn't even cared to flick an ear towards the brown and red men fighting, caring little for how they made her family look. Ghoul, on the other paw, was not only making himself look bad for attacking an ally, but also making Recluse and the entirety of Habari look like fools. She wanted to stop her brother, forcefully if she had to, but she held herself back. Doing exactly as he had done would be no better of her, so she decided just to let him have an ear full later.

Unfortunately, she couldn't keep her mouth shut about it. "Ghoul's a fucking idiot," Widow hissed in response to no one in particular, silver eyes fixed on the blur of Ghoul and the smaller allied yearling. She didn't come to watch her brother bully a kid, she came to watch her mother revoke her mercy and turn it around into a brutal lesson, but she didn't really know why she was so surprised. It would only be a matter of time before Ghoul proved to be like the rest of her brothers─dumber than a box of rocks, and what better time than the present. Just when she was coming around to liking him, too...

"Speech!"

Art © Ulfeid3 & Code © Skelle 2022
Commissions are open! Check out my shop here!

PSA: I own widow's design as of 2/25/2022

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
08-17-2022, 02:42 PM

She snarled in satisfaction and in a slight bit of pain as her shoulder throw connected with Recluse. It wasn’t where she intended, but it was enough for now. Her own left shoulder would throb with the hit, a moderate bruise likely to form from the clash of bone on bone. Recluse would seek to move away from her. The albino bitch tried to put some distance between them, sidestepping further away to her (Medusa’s) left but Medusa was not content with that. Her paw slam would nearly miss, though her own claws managed to scratch Recluse’s targeted left foreleg at least. Immediately, Medusa replanted her left forepaw upon the ground in preparation for her next move.

Not enough! Her teeth had failed to grab and grip as she intended, and the skeletal girl caught the left side of Recluse’s neck instead. She immediately released instead of holding on considering she felt like that grip wasn’t good enough. This bitch would pay for stealing two years of her life! Medusa’s eyes lit with a wild light as she kept her eyes narrowed, ears pinned to her skull, hackles raised and her tail flagged out to aid with her balance, toes spread evenly over the ground and her claws biting the earth for traction.

Medusa swung her hips to her right and away from her opponent,  seeking to keep her hindquarters away from the line of fire and keeping Recluse’s head in her sights as the pair lined up in a slightly crooked T form (with Medusa keeping her body facing Recluse’s left shoulder). When Recluse tucked her head and sought to push closer to Medusa, the skeletal marked girl would retaliate with swift urgency. She lifted her front end by rising on her hind legs, seeking to wrap her forelegs around Recluse’s lowered head with her left foreleg aiming to come beneath Recluse’s throat and her right foreleg seeking to come over Recluse’s neck, her own foreclaws looking to grip into the alpha's fur in an effort to make it harder to break free as she did her best to get her into a choking bear hug. Simultaneously, she sought to use her greater height to her advantage with this maneuver, seeking to shove against Recluse in an attempt to unbalance her.

Medusa’s hindlegs spread to offer a better-balanced stance, tail still flagging horizontal with the ground to aid with her maneuver. As Recluse’s head came up to bite, Medusa angled her head down and slightly towards her own left with the intention of catching Recluse’s face in her own jaws [counter]. Upper fangs aimed to come down over Recluse’s left brow just above her left eye while her bottom teeth aimed to come from below the same left eye in a crushing vice grip. With any luck, she’d maim and blind the bitch somehow, even if was blinding her with her own damn blood! Or, at the very least, leave a very nasty and ugly set of scars. Recluse's right forepaw would manage to get the skeleton woman, but it would be no more than a weak punch and light scratch against the inside of her (Medusa's) elbow as she had already lifted herself.

Medusa vs Recluse for Pack Challenge
Height: 41"
Round 2/3

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Ignis

"You become the monster you fear the most"

Insomnia
Hellhound

Master Fighter (635)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

UnderachieverLegendarySnake EyesLoserOoh La LaWinner
Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipOverachieverSocialiteCritical Observation!Critical Attack!
Ooh La LaScarredCritical Block!Dream WeaverAll Oozed OutDouble Master
Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31KVolcanoValentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-17-2022, 03:11 PM

He hadn't been quick enough. The Armadan's claws came bearing down over his right eye, leaving claw marks in its wake. Ignis recoiled, cursing out loud as he shook his head from the sudden attack. He had been sitting there minding his own damn business! "That boy is my son." What the fuck was he talking about!? "If you think I went scorched earth over the capture of my mate, fuck with him and the wrath of the entire Armada will be upon you." Ignis snarled as the Armadan walked away, shaking the blood from his face as he stood up. "Fucking try me, asshole!" He shook his head one last time as he scowled. He didn't give a shit who the guy's kid was nor did he even know who he was before he accidentally zoned out on him. Neither did he care about the koi-bitch he was talking about! He made a mental note to talk to Sparrow when he got back the Plunder. He didn't know what the hell was going on surrounding that or what the beef with Armada and Plunder was, but he knew for certain that next time he came across this guy, he was going to make it a point that it would be the last fucking time unless he wanted to lose an eye, or worse!

Before he could sit back down to stew on his revenge against the Armadan, a familiar face rolled in and started yelling at him. His remaining ear lifted as he caught her words, gaze turning in her direction as his hackles raised. Well, he was already riled up. Why not add more fuel to the fire? His fangs bared and decided fuck it, why let himself simmer down? Instead, he came to a full-on explosion and immediately moved to close the distance between himself and Bellamy.

Crimson gazed narrowed to try and block out the blood that spilled from his new wound, but it didn't deter him as his demon came out and all he saw was red. She had dared to threaten and tried to attack his mate last time, and now she dared to mouth off against him? He supposed some just never learned. Including himself. His wounds were still fresh, even from the last fight with Azure, but he ignored the stretching pain as he lunged at the brown and white bitch. Jaws sought to come down over the woman's face, body aiming to collide with her as ran at her full speed with the intention of hitting her so hard, she'd lose her breath and/or her footing. He was already pissed that he had somehow gotten mixed up with whatever the fuck the pirates had done before he and Eden showed up, and now he felt he was almost forced to rethink his options. But first...he was going to try and make this bitch rethink herself.

Ignis vs Bellamy for Maim - Facial scarring
Round: 1/?
Size: Dire wolf
Build: Heavy
Offensive Battle Accessory: Skull helmet
Defensive Battle Accessory: Black bear cape
Companion 1: Palm cockatoo, Male - Flying
Companion 2: Wolverine, Male - Battle
Mutation 1: Sika deer antlers - Offensive
Skills: Master Fighter & Master Hunter
Specialty: Mangler

Walk ---- "Ignis" ---- "Blödhgarm" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Ignis has a pair of Sika Deer antlers that are not depicted in his artwork (yet).
Ignis is unpredictable and may become violent with little or no provocation due to his "demon" schizophrenia inherited in his bloodline! Consider this your warning!
*Ignis' tail is docked, and his left ear has been torn away and now resembles a Battle crop style.

Tel'Teukiira

Loner

Expert Fighter (160)

Expert Intellectual (140)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

By the skin of my teethPride - Demisexual1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
08-17-2022, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 04:57 PM by Tel'Teukiira. Edited 1 time in total.)

You couldn't kill me if you tried

The call hadn't gone unnoticed. She knew what that type of howl entailed, and Tel wasted no time in getting to the challenge. Despite her hurried pace, however, she arrived to find a crowd gathered and some fights underway along with the main event. She tread cautiously, both the challenger and the challenged unknown to her. She didn't recognize either by their appearance, but the smell of Habari was strong in the air. She looked around the crowd to find a good number of wolves standing in support of the defender, but nobody she really recognized. Valhalla was scarce here, though she recognized Torben and quietly, headed his way. She didn't know the man well yet, but she aimed to change that in the coming days to get to know her packmates.

She approached him, standing on neutral ground as she supported neither participant. "Hey Torben," She glanced around, noting all the faces she could see that were gathered and storing all the scents to memory. Habari. Ashen. Hallows. Armada. Plunder. Aerie. Loners. Three packs she was unfamiliar with (Tojo, Fenmyre, & Menagerie). Though maybe Ardyn knew more about them than she did. "Mind filling me in on what's been missed? We ought to report back to Ardyn once this is over." She asked him quietly and for him alone. There was clear tension in the air, and she didn't know if someone would try to lash out at her or Torben despite having no reason to.

"Speak"

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

Master Intellectual (254)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarredVengeanceCritical Observation!1K
Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-18-2022, 04:31 AM

She heard them, Ears, Whiskers, and Gavroche, but the woman didn’t care. She had spoken the truth, daring to add fuel to the fire of the man. He had deserved the pain he got, and though she was no better than he was, there was a small, twisted sense of satisfaction that someone had kicked Ignis’ ass. Even if he fought and maimed her again, would she care? No. She would not truly give in to the man. She refused to let his words twist her any longer. She would not be a slave to his demons or her own. She braced herself for the worst, for the explosion she expected to come. There would be guilt later, she knew, for Gavroche, but that would be a problem for her to deal with later. She wanted to twist this man and force him to yield, just as he’d made her falter… and if she fell again, then dammit at least she’d fucking tried!

The man ran at her head on, full speed, and Bellamy wasn’t going to have that. He was too close to Gavroche, to Saga, and the woman knew that she needed to get him away from them. She kicked off against the ground hard, thrusting herself about half a wolf’s length away from where she once stood. It wasn’t much but it was farther from the winged man and the cub that she’d saved. She drew out her blade, yet as her head came back up and went to strike, she felt fangs slice across her left cheek. He’d graze alongside her, and as he did so Bellamy lowered her blade to his side, hoping to use his own momentum against him and slash across his left side past his left foreleg. The bony part of his shoulder grazed over her own body - gah that was going to cause some annoying bruising later! But for now, she hoped only to cause him more pain. And if she failed?

Well, she might end up with something else that could scar, wouldn’t she?

Whiskers and Ears both fell back this time. This was a fight their mistress was in they weren’t sure if they were actually going to be able to help her with…

"Talk, 'Think.'

Bellamy vs Ignis for Maim {Scarring of Ignis' left side}
Round 1/1
Size: Extra large
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Bone dagger
Defensive Battle Accessory: Snow leopard cape
Companion 1: Tasmanian Devil, Male - Battle
Companion 2: American Badger, Female - Battle
Skills: Expert Fighter & Novice Intellectual
Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Orthrus

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Healer (10)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Shazaki
08-18-2022, 09:12 AM

Holly fuck, this was a fucking mess wasnt it? That was clear when he arrived, following his dad like a shadow. He just wanted to learn, to learn from him by watching him, from hearing him do and dont do. This was just too good and interesting to miss, now way he would miss such an event did he? Never! He though came a bit late, but better late than never. And like such the yearling was quick to take seat by his father's side, the free one. Not before nodding respectfully to his father's friend who he had yet to meet. "Greetings, what's going on? Are these events too common?" He asked to both, wanting to learn more.

""
[Image: ort-new-cloack.png]
●Orthrus is rathed M due to his posts sometimes containing graphic gore,dissections and death.
●Orth has a female Caracara that is always perched on his back.
●He always wears a black cloack

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
08-19-2022, 01:54 PM

Kotori’s face had taken the brunt of the recent damage to him.  Between the bite marks along the muzzle and the side of the face, between the jaw and ear, there was no hiding the fight he had been in.  Any injuries Kotori would sustain in a fight to stand up for a cause were ones he could wear with pride.  What showed less was how damn painful his jaw was after that last attack he’d taken.  The jaw wasn’t broken but Kotori would be cautious of any fights he took on for a while, or how extreme any facial expression was the way it strained the damage under the jaw.

Kotori showed his father a small smile as the man moved away from the cluster of wolves he’d been near.  It would have been a larger smile normally but well, it would have hurt more.  He’d visit with his father more at a slight distance later.  Kotori wanted to be seen here as a wolf that could be respected for who he was and not due to the father he’d sit beside. He gave his older brother a quick nod of spotting him as well but he seemed busy with some other issue.  

Kotori had seen Recluse once when he had visited Habari for an event that included a fighting contest but couldn’t say he knew her well.  The other wolf was a complete stranger to him.  The Aramada had been on good terms with Habari and the fighting tournament had been fun but, mostly Kotori went to the side supporting the Habara alpha because of spotting Artorias over there.  Kotori had something to discuss with the hallows alpha.  He certainly seemed popular with several around him, including a strange bird creature oddity.

Venom got a respectful bow of his head with a small smile before moving to sit near Artorias, “Hello Artorias,” Kotori offered politely.  Kotori was not one for bland boring chat and now with a sore jaw was even more directly to the point.  “I planned to speak with Briar on my plans.  I was going to head to the hallows soon.”  It wouldn’t be the same if Briar heard it from someone else instead of her brother from the beginning.  

He could talk with Artorias of future alliance plans as well but more formal talks such as that could respectfully wait until the match was over.  The strange bird creature got another look.  Kotori dipped his head in a generic nod to others around Artorias but with little interest in faces he had no names for.  There was a purpose to who he chose to talk to and an important battle going on which deserved the real intention of the moment.  

"Kotori Fatalis"

[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
08-19-2022, 05:05 PM

And the winner is...

Bellamy

Ignis must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out. Bellamy's maim is successful.

Totals:

Ignis:
Attack Roll: 13
Defense Roll: 93
Agility Roll: 20
Perception Roll: 87
Total: 213
Attack[13] + 105% Bonus[13.65]: 26.65
Defense[93] + 15% Bonus[13.95]: 106.95
Agility[20] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 20.00
Perception[87] + 10% Bonus[8.70]: 95.70
Total[249.30] + 25% Bonus[62.33]: 311.62

Bellamy:
Attack Roll: 53
Defense Roll: 72
Agility Roll: 70
Perception Roll: 100 Critical observation!
Total: 295
Attack[53] + 35% Bonus[18.55]: 71.55
Defense[72] + 15% Bonus[10.80]: 82.80
Agility[70] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 70.00
Perception[100] + 5% Bonus[5.00]: 105.00
Total[329.35] + 20% Bonus[65.87]: 395.22

Recluse

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverSnake EyesVengeance
Pride - Bisexual
08-19-2022, 06:38 PM

Recluse had to bite down a growl of frustration, she wasn’t going to give Medusa the satisfaction of seeing that she’d affected Recluse at all, even if Medusa was proving to be a slippery bitch. Almost the near-instant that Medusa had grabbed hold she’d released Recluse, but that wasn’t about to change Recluse’s plans, she grit her teeth and did her best to keep herself as protected as she could, her eyes remained narrowed and as Medusa’s weight came down on top of her, forepaws seeking to hook around her neck, Recluse made sure to keep her knees bent for stability, her toes splayed to grip the ground and she widened her stance so while Medusa tried to shove her Recluse stayed sturdy, a grunt the only sign of the effort it took to keep herself standing, her tail moving for a moment before returning to its position in line with her spine as she used it to keep her balance. Recluse’s tucked head meant that while Medusa’s right foreleg managed to wrap around the top of her neck all it did was put Medusa’s left foreleg right in prime biting position since the woman wasn’t able to shove it under her jaw, Recluse's chin would probably have some light bruising from the force thought. Recluse considered Medusa’s leg for a minute, but her focus was still on trying to hit her skull into Medusa’s throat she decided to do something much less aggressive than a bite. Might as well let Medusa feel like Recluse was playing with her. Instead of trying to bite for Medusa’s ankle Recluse instead quickly flashed her tongue out to try and lick at Medusa’s right foreleg, around her ankle, maybe it would skeeve Medusa out enough to make her pull her leg back. Recluse chuckled darkly at the thought.

But her head was moving already, though it was becoming clear she wouldn’t connect with her intended target instead she could feel Medusa bearing down on her, and the telltale scrape of fangs starting to clamp around her face, Recluse hissed pulling her head back and turning it to her right to keep her muzzle out of grabbing range. Recluse felt Medusa’s fangs cut into the flesh above her left brow and under her left eye but Medusa would not get a solid hold there as Recluse ripped her head away with the way she moved it, though it would leave moderate lacerations on her face above and below her left eye. Recluse’s response was quick, she parted her own jaw and surged it towards her left and forwards, hoping that Medusa’s jaws would have just closed around empty air and make for an easy hold, she was aiming to try and wrap her jaws around Medusa’s muzzle close to where it met her brow bone, if she was lucky maybe she’d even get to dig her viper fangs into Medusa’s left cheek flesh, give her a few holes to match the one in her ear, maybe she’d even get to keep Medusa’s damn mouth closed for a bit.

At the same time Recluse would make her own attempt to lift up on her hindlegs, hoping to throw off the grip Medusa had on her but also seeking to fling her own left foreleg up and over Medusa’s grip, hoping to wrap her foreleg over the middle of the back of Medusa’s neck. Recluse was hoping to use their proximity to force her weight through their connections and try to push to Medusa's left, hoping to topple Medusa.

In the grass slithered a black cobra, Lilith was doing her best to avoid the eyes of Medusa’s own companions trying to move into a position she thought would give her a good vantage to make her own strike, when she saw Medusa rising up onto her hindleg Lilith figured that was about as good a moment as she was going to get, surging towards Medusa's left hindleg she would try to come up on the left of it from behind Medusa, she angled herself so she was in a T shape with Medusa’s left rear leg then rearing up and unfolding a familiar pair of fangs from her mouth before Lilith would attempt to lunge forward and plunge her fangs into the two leftmost toes, if she was lucky crushing the inner one into the outer and impeding Medusa’s balance even more.

Recluse vs Medusa for Pack Challenge
Round: 3/3
Height: 36"
OOC: Agreed to treat Medusa's counter as for Recluse's "throat punch". Good fight Dragon!

speech think action

Art by Akage-Kitsu
[Image: lQPmFy0.png]
 Recluse is an M rated character, thread at own risk.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

Master Intellectual (254)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarredVengeanceCritical Observation!1K
Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-19-2022, 11:19 PM

The woman felt the blade give, sliding into the flesh of her opponent easily as he rushed alongside her now. It was his undoing, allowing her to get far enough away that his attack had, for the most part, failed. Bellamy hopped forward and drew the knife away once he’d been slashed. She had made her point, and the woman felt satisfied for the moment. Sure Ignis would likely continue to be a problem in her mind for a while yet, his words would continue to haunt her for a long time even after she left this place. But she could feel better about their score. She wiped the blade on the earth, cleaning his blood from it, and moved it to its sheath.

Then she glanced toward Ignis, snorting through her nose. “Consider us even, Ignis. What had happened with that woman should have never been, not that it will again.” She narrowed her eyes. “You stay away from my family and I’ll avoid yours, understand? Consider this a mercy.” Sure the first time he had maimed her, but this time she had turned the tables on him. She looked to Gav, her companions, and Saga, motioning for them to follow her away from the red man. She was being as nice as she could, given the circumstances of everything.

She had no intentions of going after his family. Her beef had been with him, not them, and with a final snort, she called over her shoulder to the man. “And you’re wrong, by the way. Acere will always be ten times the man you could ever be!” Then she turned, padding away with the hope that her small family would follow.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Gavroche

Somnium

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipChristmas 2019Treat 2019
08-20-2022, 12:20 AM

Gavroche could feel his stomach churning as he waited for the fight to unfold. And it did, the man was like an explosion, lashing out at Bellamy for daring to run her mouth. The winged male had been worried for her, that she was about to get severely hurt again. But it seemed Bells was more herself this time, focused, dodging the attack for the most part and even lashing out with one of her own. The male breathed out slowly, thankful that she had been unharmed and that the maiming was over. He didn’t like seeing either of them hurt, even if he didn’t know Ignis as his mate did, but violence would only breed more violence.

At least Bellamy seemed to accept that everything was over. She wouldn’t go near his family and she wanted him to stay away from hers. The winged male glanced over his shoulder at Saga, calling softly to her as Bellamy sought to distance them from the red man. “Come along, Saga my dear.” James seemed to have kept her distracted, now placing the lavender back in his wolf companion’s messenger bag. He then started to trail after the larger woman, making sure that Saga didn’t lag too far behind.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Gavroche has one companion - a pygmy marmoset. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that he is close by.

As his mate and alpha, Bellamy is allowed in any of Gavroche's threads regardless of how they are marked.