gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
10-14-2021, 09:40 PM

For a really small guy, that raccoon could run. Well, compared to his normal wolf speed perhaps not but he was sure a lot faster then Artisan would have assumed he'd be. Raccoons were a tree-climbing bunch, weren't they? Snails on the ground, but swinging through the trees? Maybe that was monkeys, but Art definitely presumed he'd have the upper hand here in the snow regardless.

Armando booked it as soon as he'd heard Artisan's battle cry and the brightly colored man followed hot on his bushy tail. Unfortunately whatever ground he'd caught up on in the straight line chase was immediately lost as Armando ducked beneath and went overtop spectators, eventually coming to rest behind one of the sexier ones [Recluse]. Not that the bunch of wolves who'd come to watch weren't all inherently sexy in their own ways, but Art was sure he'd seen an elderly dude show up and that brought the attraction-level average down enough for the rest to shine through.

Artisan weaved and bobbed through spectators, murmuring a soft 'excuse me, pardon me' as he navigated along until he was forced to stop at the albino woman. The raccoon's stupid helmet was clearly visible from behind her and Artisan glared daggers at it. Hya came up behind him - thank god for brothers - and Artisan waved his paw around Recluses front end while he moved to her rear. "You go that way (the side with the teeth), I go this way." He coached Hya. To the albino woman who was unwillingly placed in the middle, [Recluse] he gave his best apologetic smile. "Excuse me, love, pirate business."

"Speech"

Artisan wears multiple twine bracelets around his forelegs, each one with different colored homemade marble-like beads upon it. Each bead corresponds to a wolf who he has met and decided deserved a place on his wrist, and thus he might ask your character for a lock of fur, etc to add to his creation to remember your character by.

Unless otherwise stated, you can assume he is wearing them at all times.
Artisan's companions are two blue and yellow macaws, their names are Siri(F) and Cisco(M) and while they can be assumed to always be nearby, they're likely out of sight.

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Haunted House
10-16-2021, 11:42 AM

Hearing that Manea was going to follow through on her word, Chimera had made the trek north. While the other wolves cheered and called, being obnoxious and putting on a show, the two-toned King stayed silent. He watched the fight with interest, but made no move to join the crowd or mingle with the rabble. The earthen fae and her followers yapped like mouthy little chihuahuas and, though he didn't know the brown fae, he greatly wanted her to lose. The whole fight was nothing but a spectacle. A show. Disgraceful.

Supportive calls from the woman's children rang out and Chimera was intrigued and pleased that the horned fae would invite her children to watch what could be a potentially brutal battle. This turned out to be the case. The giant amaranthine fae did exactly what needed to be done and, in Chimera's eye, she bested the other woman. Blood was spilled on both sides, but the skill and the drive was evident, tipping the scales to Manea's side. It was all well and good. Friends in the north would be beneficial to both Fenmyre and whatever Manea built alike. She had followed through with her word just like Chimera had expected, but he had needed to see it to be fully certain.

Despite the battle being completed, wolves continued to arrive in droves. Too busy for Chimera's liking. The king made sure to lock eyes with Manea for but a moment, giving a nod of approval before turning and moving away from the gathering. He had seen what needed to be seen and there was nothing left to do in the north but freeze. Chimera started the long journey home, but he doubted it would be the last time that he found himself in the snowy reaches of Boreas. Not if his plans bloomed to fruition. Plans that began with seeing Manea's two children cheering for their future empire.

"X"

Chimera is a very adult character and takes part in very adult situations. Don't read his threads. Ever.
[Image: tOAj1ES.png]
Chi has three black Tibetan Mastiff's as guards. Assume they're very close by.

Head Judges

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
10-16-2021, 07:46 PM
MANEA vs SPARROW for PACK CLAIM

ROUND ONE

Manea:

WRITING

5/10 for Power Play:

• Attempts
  • -1 “There was a gap of empty space between them of about half a dozen feet or so.” There was no mention of this specific distance in pre-fight posts so it should have been attempted or OOC agreed upon with your opponent.
    -1 “...quick hop that put about a foot or two of distance between them...” You can't assume Sparrow hasn't moved.
    -1 “She jumped in toward Sparrow’s right side...” Same as above
  • General
    -2 The use of accessories in T1 fights is not allowed so you lose a point for each one (scaled armor, bladed bracers) mentioned.
8/10 for Clarity:
  • Attacks
  • -1 “...attempted to ram her head into Sparrow’s ribs...” The rib cage is big enough that this attack needs a few more specifics.
  • Positioning
  • -1 “...as she went to go past Sparrow’s shoulder...” By how much? What's the hoped for positioning here? Shoulder to shoulder? Neck to shoulder?
2/10 for Attacks:
  • +2 for headbutt with spikes
5/5 for Defenses:
  • +1 for flattened ears
  • +1 for defensive stance
  • +1 for head lowered
  • +1 for tail tucked
  • +1 for scruff bunched
10/10 for Injuries:
  • None; first round!

Status

10/12 for Experience:
  • +4 Advanced Fighter
  • +6 Master Hunter
4/5 for Health:
  • -1 for being a loner

Manea’s round one total: 44/62

Sparrow:

WRITING

8/10 for Power Play:

• Attempts
  • -1 “From Manea's left...” You're assuming positioning.
  • General
  • -1 companions only get one attack per fight and every 'touch' they make counts as an attack. 'Grab' and 'bite' makes two.
9/10 for Clarity:
  • Positioning
  • -1 “Sparrow moved to mirror her.” I would have liked to see a bit more detail here. How is she mirroring her? In steps? Positioning? Both?
6/10 for Attacks:
  • +2 for bite (Sparrow)
  • +2 for crushing stomp/clawing
  • +2 for bite (Friar/companion)
5/5 for Defenses:
  • +1 for flattened ears
  • +1 for narrowed eyes
  • +1 for tail up for balance
  • +1 for scruff bunched
10/10 for Injuries:
  • First round; no deductions
  • Cuts and bruising to shoulder/chest

Status

12/12 for Experience:
  • +6 Master Fighter
  • +6 Master Navigator
5/5 for Health:
  • No deductions

Sparrow’s round one total: 55/62

ROUND TWO

Manea:

WRITING

8/10 for Power Play:

• If/Than Statements
  • -1 “...before going to place it back onto the ground again...” You're assuming her paw doesn't get intercepted somewhere between attempting to claw and attempting to set it down.
  • General
  • -1 “...aiming to peck and claw at the monkey to chase it off.” Companions only get one attack per fight and every 'touch' they make counts as an attack. 'Peck' and 'claw' makes two.
6/10 for Clarity:
  • Attacks
  • -1 Which raven attacked Sparrow's companion?
    -1 “...aiming to peck and claw at the monkey to chase it off.” What kind of damage is it hoping to do? Where exactly is it attacking on the monkey?
    -1 Where on Sparrow's chest is Manea's swipe aimed?
  • Damage
  • -1 “...the minor lacerations Sparrow's companion left on her leg.” Where on her leg? Did Manea's movements change the positioning any or was the companion 100% successful?
5/10 for Attacks:
  • +1 for companion attack (pecking and clawing)
  • +2 for bite
    +1 for maim attempt
  • +1 for clawing
5/5 for Defenses:
  • +1 for shoulders rolled
  • +1 for scruff bunched
  • +1 for ears pinned
  • +1 for eyes narrowed
6/10 for Injuries:
  • -1 for moderate lacerations to scruff
  • -1 for bruised toes
  • -1 for moderate scratches to toes (severity assigned by judge)
  • -1 minor lacerations to left hind leg

Status

10/12 for Experience:
  • +4 Advanced Fighter
  • +6 Master Hunter
4/5 for Health:
  • -1 for being a loner

Manea’s round two total: 44/62

Sparrow:

WRITING

10/10 for Power Play:

• No deductions
9/10 for Clarity:
  • Attacks
  • -1 for the foreleg throw. I'm having trouble following what's happening here. Is Sparrow trying to pin Manea by leaning into a foreleg laid over her neck or is she pushing her weight down onto her paw? The difference determines how useful her claws are here.
    -1 following that train of thought, where are her claws supposed to be doing damage? The trapezius muscle covers a lot of area.
5/10 for Attacks:
  • +1 for upward punch
  • +2 for pin/grip with claws
  • +2 for bite
5/5 for Defenses:
  • +1 for flattened ears
  • +1 for scruff bunched
  • +1 for tail up
  • +1 for hackles raised
  • +1 for eyes narrowed
9/10 for Injuries:
  • -1 for moderate lacerations to chest

Status

12/12 for Experience:
  • +6 Master Fighter
  • +6 Master Navigator
5/5 for Health:
  • No deductions
Sparrow’s round two total: 55/62

ROUND THREE

Manea:

WRITING

7/10 for Power Play:

• General
  • -2 for using the dagger. Accessories are not allowed in T1 fights.
    -1 for the second raven's multiple attacks. Same as the first one: companions only get one attack per fight and every 'touch' they make counts as an attack. 'Claw' and 'peck' makes two.
7/10 for Clarity:
  • Attacks
  • -1 for lack of specificity in the companion's attack. What kind of damage is it hoping to do? Where exactly on her face does it want its claws and beak to land?
  • Damage
  • -1 did Sparrow's successful 'punch' do any damage?
    -1 “She winced when Sparrow's feline claws hooked into the thicker skin of her scruff...” Did they do any damage?
3/10 for Attacks:
  • +2 for stab
  • +1 for the companion's attacks
5/5 for Defenses:
  • +1 for tensed muscles
  • +1 for ears flattened
  • +1 for eyes narrowed
  • +1 for tail up for balance
7/10 for Injuries:
  • -1 for light bruising to chin (damage assigned by judge)
  • -1 for minor scratches to back of neck from claws (damage assigned by judge)
  • -1 for moderate lacerations to scruff from bite

Status

10/12 for Experience:
  • +4 Advanced Fighter
  • +6 Master Hunter
4/5 for Health:
  • -1 for being a loner

Manea’s round three total: 43/62

Sparrow:

WRITING

9/10 for Power Play:

• Attempts
  • -1 “...just above where her (Sparrow's) foreleg rested in order to control better the woman's movement.” You're assuming her foreleg is still there.
8/10 for Clarity:
  • Attacks
  • -1 “Her free right foreleg sought to claw and hook around Manea's left foreleg...” Claw and then hook?
  • Damage
  • -1 Did the bird do any damage at all?
5/10 for Attacks:
  • +2 for pin/grip with claws
  • +2 for bite
  • +1 for leg swipe
5/5 for Defenses:
  • +1 for tucked tail
  • +1 for pinned ears
  • +1 for narrowed eyes
  • +1 for raised hackles
7/10 for Injuries:
  • -2 for moderate stab wound to shoulder
  • -1 for minor scratches and pockmarks to both cheeks and forehead (damage assigned by judge)

Status

12/12 for Experience:
  • +6 Master Fighter
  • +6 Master Navigator
5/5 for Health:
  • No deductions

Sparrow’s round three total: 51/62

Totals:

Manea: 131/186
Sparrow: 161/186

And the winner is...

SPARROW! Manea must give up by either submitting, fleeing, or passing out. Sparrow has won control of the disbanded pack Incendium.

Damage:

Both:
  • All scratches, pokes, bruises and light lacerations will heal within 3 ooc days
  • All moderate lacerations will heal in 1 ooc week
  • All moderate stab wounds will heal in 2 ooc weeks

Notes:

Tips for writing and some suggestions. (no points are deducted here):

For Shelby: In reading through your posts I could tell you tried to be fair in Manea's responses  and I really appreciate that effort! Even though this is a loss for you this was a good fight and you did well. I think you missed out on a lot of points by keeping your attacks simple so in the future I would suggest throwing in more combos. All in all, what I gathered from your posts that you're just a bit rusty. You know how this works but I think things have changed since you were a judge. Going forward remember that using accessories is not allowed in T1s, attack combos are big earners, and be specific in your character's actions and intentions but mindful of your opponent's autonomy.

For Iko: You've been in enough fights that you know what you're doing and it shows in your posts. I can see past judgements in your choice of wording and use of phrases. Clearly, you did very well! My only suggestion for you is that your clarity needs a little refining. A reoccurring theme I ran across is that while all the right details were there, they tended to crop up in the wrong order leading me to reread passages. That really is my only suggestion for you!

Both: I can't stress this enough: this was a good fight! You both have reasons to be proud here. This was an easy read and in fights where things can get very messy that is a rare thing.

- By Lazuli

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerOoh La LaDouble MasterPride - Lesbian1KFestival Organizer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted HouseValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
10-21-2021, 01:26 PM
In which Sparrow sasses people and makes enemies right away.

The battle ended and the purple fae fled (Shelby permission to PP her leaving), leaving Sparrow to look over the divided crowd. She currently faced those in support of Manea, and recognized Sirius among them. Eligos, Hattori, and Recluse sat somewhere along the middle, not choosing to take sides. Losers, but probably a smart move. Sparrow's attention fell to Sirius and Alastor whispering among themselves. "Aww, sorry your new alliance didn't work out, Sirius," she faked sad for a second. "But hey, maybe they can fill your ranks, I heard you needed more men on border patrol anyway. The loser's husband seems more than willing to fight by your side- or was that just as alpha to fake alpha?"

That was sarcasm. He seemed to have plenty of eyes around his borders from what Jynn had said.

Sparrow turned a little to look at the small group of alphas that didn't choose sides. Her right leg faltered slightly as her shoulder bled out more. Ah, she'd almost forgotten about that. Well... She could deal with that later.

"Recluse, really, I'm totally hurt by your lack of commitment to me, I thought we were friends! You could have been my step mother for all I'd known!" She threw on a joking smile, though her teeth gritted against the pain from her wounds as her adrenalin began to ebb away. "Hattyhat, good to see you came. I know you were secretly rooting for me. And Eli, now that I'm and alpha I guess, can I get a look at that lake sometime?" All were jokes, couldn't let the crowd think she was gonna be any more serious as an alpha.

"Anyone from the old pack can contend to be a pirate if they wanna. If not, you're free to go. Same goes for Manea's family if you really wanna."

She tossed a glance to her supporters, "As for all of y'all... What do you say we chase away the naysayers and have ourselves a party? I need something for this wound- and by something I mean alcohol." She tossed everyone a toothy smile. "Go wild, guys! We'll decide a nice place and name for our pack after."

To those who didn't choose sides, she gave one last look, "You all can stay too, I guess, just don't be boring."

Sparrow has a female Harlequin Macaw named Pongolo and a male Capuchin monkey named Friar, and a hairless mushroom tuxedo cat named Beef Sandwich. She also has cat claws... and some weird leg spike things.

Sunder

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Beevent1K
10-26-2021, 10:52 AM

When the fight was over and it looked like the participants were going their separate ways Sunder seized his chance. He stood up - no small effort considering how tightly his legs were bound - and trundled over to Sparrow. Win or lose he’d been waiting for this moment. Since the party he’d wanted to be a pirate and today was his chance to see that desire through.

Though his clothes were stifling his movements ,somehow Sunder’s exuberance still shown through. “Pirate King, hello!” The scarf tassels hanging off the end of his tail flapped noisily as he wagged his tail in joyous greeting. “Ya took a knife beautifully I must say!” That Sunder was terrible at compliments was lost on him. “I knew da day of da pa’ty a pirate life was fo me and today has only reenfo’ced dat belief. If you will have me I wish to join ya crew.”

""

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerOoh La LaDouble MasterPride - Lesbian1KFestival Organizer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted HouseValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
11-09-2021, 06:20 PM
The hairless wolf approached her, wagging and offering compliments, which Sparrow took greedily. He said that he wanted to join the crew and Sparrow beamed. At least she had impressed someone. "Well now," Sparrow said, an idea forming in her head. "Go ahead and chase off one of those guys on the other side to prove that you're really pirate material." She had no idea how this bundled marshmallow boy was going to chase away anyone, but she figured if he went for it, then at least he'd be fun to have around. "Do that, and I'll consider it for ya, how's that sound?"

Sparrow has a female Harlequin Macaw named Pongolo and a male Capuchin monkey named Friar, and a hairless mushroom tuxedo cat named Beef Sandwich. She also has cat claws... and some weird leg spike things.

Sunder

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Beevent1K
11-14-2021, 01:27 PM

Chase them off? Sunder's mouth closed save for a little hollow at the end that let the tip of his tongue hang out. His head swiveled so he could get a look at the guys in question. Those were some big dudes...but if chasing one was his 'in' then, well, he was going to give chase. His smile returned as he glanced back at Sparrow. "Consida it done!"

There were an awful lot to choose from, so Sunder opted for a scattershot approach. He took off towards that portion of the crowd and began shouting halfway across the field. "Look at all dese losers just runnin' away! Yes, yes, go home, sad sacks! Maybe next time, eh?" The wraps around Sunder's body were slowing him down and making his progress a graceless trundle, but he was honestly trying to move as quickly as he could.

He stumbled, nearly fell, but saved himself at the last second and kept trundling and shouting unperturbed. "Go on, shoo! Away with you lot! Shoo!" Whether or not that would egg someone into seeking revenge, Sunder didn't know. What he did know was that even if no one bit, because they were leaving he was still technically chasing them away.

""