Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
10-04-2015, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 08:43 PM by Leo.)

With all the recent events Leo had barely had a spare moment to breathe. His concern over the disappearance of Threar, his trip to meet Bass, worrying over the quickly dwindling ranks... He had plenty to do and think about. He felt terrible for not having more time to spend with his fiance and felt even worse for not getting to speak with his mother about any of it. After he had completed his morning patrol he took a deep breath and just let the air pass his lips in a sigh. He had to take a moment for himself and his family, starting with his mother.

He made his way through the Mangroves and searched for her scent. He was sure she came and went as she pleased now, freed of the responsibilities of being an alpha. During weeks like this he felt a little envious of her, but at the same time he knew that having this responsibility was making him grow into himself.

He finally caught her scent and moved toward her, smiling a little when her pale form finally came into view. "There you are, mother. I've been looking for you," he said as he came up to her and pressed his nose to her neck affectionately. "I have all kinds of things to talk to you about. What have you been up to?" Leo settled onto his haunches with a smile, waiting for her to speak first before he began with all of his news and chatter.

"Talk" "You" Think

Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
10-06-2015, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 08:57 PM by Epiphron.)
Quite a startling contrast to Leo's newly hectic life, Epiphron found herself with plenty of spare time - far more than she was used to. In fact, it almost felt like too much time. She was unused to being alone so much, and she found herself spending far too long in quiet reflection.  She was grateful when she was needed by anyone, especially Fiori's new alpha, and she found herself grinning as Leo caught up with her on one of her daily strolls through the territory.

"Well, I'm not terribly hard to find these days," Epiphron would comment lightly to her son, laughing gently as she returned his gesture of affection by turning to nuzzle his cheek. "I've just been enjoying my old age. Quite boring, really," she'd jest lightly, her eyes lighting up in curiosity at his words. What did he have to talk to her about? She would settle down easily next to him, her head tilting as a question formed on her features. "But what about you? It looks like you have a lot on your mind."

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
10-10-2015, 06:46 PM

Leo chuckled softly and smiled as she nuzzled his cheek. He realized he didn't spend nearly enough time with her or the rest of his family and he really hoped that would change soon. The one thing he really hated about being Sovereign was the drain it caused on his time. He had yet to find that balance between work and play. He laughed at her comment about enjoying her old age being boring. He never really thought about the fact that she was getting older. In his eyes she was still just as young as ever and to think that she could be "enjoying her old age" was ridiculous.

He nodded to confirm that he did indeed have plenty on his mind. He wasn't sure where to begin, but maybe he should start with what he hoped would be happy news for her. "I guess I could start with the biggest piece of news... Well, biggest in my personal life anyway." He chuckled softly and paused breifly as he decided how to word it. "Svetlana and I have been getting closer recently and I've been wanting to tell her how I felt about her, but she beat me to it. And I've asked her to marry me." He smiled and his tail wagged, but he still watched her curiously to see what her reaction would be. He hopped she would be happy for them, but he knew this was still all very sudden.

"Talk" "You" Think

Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
10-30-2015, 10:53 PM
It was beyond understandable that Leo spent more time ruling Fiori than he might with his mother, or other siblings. Being a leader was time-consuming. She'd eventually spent more time on her children, especially her second litter, when she'd been the Queen of Seracia; which had led to its eventual downfall. Epiphron couldn't help but wonder if such a fate might somehow befall Leo. Leadership and parenting were two things that were difficult to balance with one another.

Her mind would sway even further in this direction when he mentioned more personal news. He was to be married! Her eyes widened, a grin playing at her lips. "What great news," she would exclaim softly, her tail twitching absently behind her. She hadn't known about his friendship with Svetlana, but he could think of no one better for her - she was a Xanilov and Epiphron knew nothing bad of the family. In fact, she thought of Kassander quite fondly, and Raisa had made a good impression on her as well. Her smile widened as she took in Leo's words. "When shall the wedding be?" Fiori was a quiet pack, and they were due for some celebration.. and what better way to celebrate than a wedding?

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
10-31-2015, 06:55 PM

Leo was pleased to find that his mother was happy to hear about his engagement. He knew she would be, but it still felt good to have her support. Talking with her about Svetlana made it feel much more real, like he hadn't just dreamed about asking her to marry him. He hummed thoughtfully at the question she posed for him. "Svetlana and I haven't talked too much about it yet, but I don't think I'd want to wait too long. Maybe, if Svet agrees, the first of winter? I think it would be a good way to cheer up everyone and get winter off on the right foot." Any thing to bring the pack together and have some kind of celebration had to be a good thing.

"Which actually goes into the other thing I wanted to chat with you about," he commented with a slight chuckle. "We've had so many back members disappear, so many gone out on journeys and have yet to come back... It just feels like there's barely any members left. Normally I would be more okay with that. I would rather have five great members than thirty that aren't. But with all this trouble lately between the other packs and with Arian I just feel nervous. I don't want to be caught off guard." He frowned and his brows pulled together. "What do you think? Am I worried about nothing? Do I need to go recruiting?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
11-15-2015, 09:48 AM
Epiphron couldn't help but be tainted in regards to love. She had loved Maverick from the depths of her heart, and he had cheated on her with what seemed like ease. It was difficult to imagine anything akin to true love, though she hoped Leo and Svetlana might find many years of happiness together. There was no way she could express her cynicism when Leo seemed so happy, and she would return the smiles twofold. "What a great idea," she would agree with his suggestion of holding the wedding at the beginning of the winter season.

His attention shifted then, though she noted the relief he seemed to emanate from telling her about Svetlana. Instead, he wanted to talk about the pack. Some members had left, and he was worried. "I'd suggest recruiting," she told him carefully. "Though you always want to make you are recruiting someone worthwhile. Who will contribute, and won't be any trouble." Surely Leo knew these things, but reminding him of them didn't help when he felt uncertain and even a bit desperate. "I wouldn't worry though," she said, leaning forward to nuzzle her son briefly. "Fiori will persist, no matter what. I know this."

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
11-15-2015, 06:14 PM

With his mother's approval of his idea of having the wedding on the first day of winter he decided he would suggest it to Svetlana as soon as he saw her again. Maybe he could even invite the packs they were friendly with to attend as well and make a little winter celebration out of it! And of course Arian and her pack would be invited as well. He smiled as he thought about it, immediately becoming even more excited for the wedding than he already was. Part of him was also just proud that he could take part in event that was a tradition for his family. He liked stuff like that. He was very traditional in that way.

When his mother began to give her advice and suggestions on the situation going on it Fiori he would listen thoughtfully and nod in understanding. She was right, numbers weren't everything. They needed more members, but they also needed quality members. Once he and Svetlana had their wedding, perhaps he could go out and be on the look out for potential members. Not all of the wolves that might make great members were going to stumble upon his borders. He smiled when she reassured him about Fiori's fate and returned her nuzzle. "I know you're right. I just want to what's best for Fiori and make you proud." He grinned a little and pressed his nose affectionately to her cheek. "Thank you for listening to my worries."

"Talk" "You" Think