gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
11-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Night had fallen, and it had been a few days since the pack had gone to war, whatever that was. Daddy had gone with the other warriors, but she didn't know where mommy went. She had seen little of her brother too...did he go somewhere with mommy? Did they got lost? Did daddy get lost too? He wasn't among those that had returned, wide and hopeful eyes had watched from the safety of the trees as the Giants walked past, but her mommy and daddy weren't there.

Gazing up at the stars, she sat in front of her cold and empty den. She hadn't had the courage to go and ask Bass, afraid of being told that they wouldn't return. That they wouldn't come home. Had Qualm figured this out and left somewhere? She hoped they were here somewhere, maybe just...on a faraway hunt? She remained hopeful, but each passing day would make it fade bit by bit. Settling her head on her forepaws, she listened to the sound of cicadas and other night bugs. Hoping that her parents would come home tonight.

Tracker||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Tinaro

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Varda
11-19-2015, 04:10 AM
ooc: liquid timing this so it's set just after the siege

"Speech"

He had his chance, and he blew it. The land had been amassed with wolves, ground stained with blood. Hellstrom had been outnumbered, as the young man could infer after his lack of success of finding an opponent. Abaven had emerged victorious, and now they were returning home. Most had relocated to the Estuary where the healers would tend to the wounds though being fit as a fiddle, Tinaro would be one of the first to arrive home. While some would hold their heads high, his own chestnut crown would hang low with guilt, shame and depression. If only he could have fought.

As he made his way through the territory with night upon the world, he caught the scent of a child. No, this wasn't Tordo's; it had to be another pup of the pack. By the looks of it, he couldn't pick up the scent of a nearby adult. Why did children have to be out alone, especially at night? Seeing as it was along the way to his own den, he would stop by a check on the pup. Swiftly padding across the plains and through the trees, he hopped he wouldn't startle the child by his sudden appearance. "Are you alright, little one?" he softly inquired, approaching the girl slowly from the side.

Quake

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
12-30-2015, 12:15 AM
A heavy sigh slipped past ebony lips. It felt so...cold without her family. Shuddering a moment from the cooler winds, she hunched her shoulders as sadness settled in. She looked off to the side to see someone she didn't know coming towards her, someone she didn't know but he smelled like a pack member. Her lip quivered at his question, her eyes tearing up and her breath quickening. What was she supposed to tell him? "N-no...My mommy and daddy and brother are gooonneee!" She began to cry then, whimpering as tears slid down her cheeks. Why did they leave?? Did they not like her? Was she too sick for them to take care of? Too small? Did they all run away together? She covered her face with her paws, crimson eyes screwed shut as she tried to stop but couldn't. "Why did they leave? Daddy went with Bass to the siege thing and I dunno where mommy or Qualm went and they left me alone! It's not fair!"
Tracker||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Tinaro

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Varda
12-31-2015, 01:40 AM

"Speech"

He watched the girl's lip quiver and scarlet gaze glimmer. Wait...were her eyes watering? Had he offended her? Invaded her personal space? Momentarily she erupted into a cry, bawling her eyes out and wailing that her family were gone. For a moment he thought they had passed away or abandoned her, though it seemed her father had gone to the siege. His emerald gaze widened at the sight. He hadn't ever seen anyone cry, let alone a child. The emotion he could relate to, however. He knew what it was like to lose family, everyone he cared for, and could remember being overwhelmed with grief. "Shh," he gently hushed, sitting beside her. "I'm sure your mum and dad will return soon. They helped us win the siege, so you can be very proud for them." And you didn't, a taunting voice mocked, though he shook that dark thought away from his mind.

Quake

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod
01-10-2016, 01:43 PM

She cried her heart out as she wailed into the air. She was so ashamed of crying like this in front of someone else, but the kid couldn't hold it in anymore. She felt like she was breaking from the inside out, the emotions and the pain of abandonment consuming her. It wasn't fair! Why did they leave her? Why didn't they stay? She finally stopped, gritting her teeth together as her eyes squeezed shut to stop the tears while her small body shook. "Shh." Her eyes opened, glancing up to the brown male as he talked. They helped win? Then why didn't they come back? Everyone else did...how proud could she be of them? She had no idea where they were, what they did, why they left...she swallowed back the sadness that threatened to overwhelm her even more.

With the male sitting beside her, she was feeling a little less afraid. A little less...sad. While it didn't completely go away, subconsciously her mind craved interaction and company. She slept alone in her den. She walked around and explored alone. The only times she really was around others was when they came to bring her food and make sure she was alright. Other times, she just lied in her den and closed herself off from the world...taking a deep and shaky breath, she looked up at the male, a question in her eyes. "D-do you think they will c-come back?"

"SPEAK"

Tracker||Plotter

Tinaro

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Varda
01-10-2016, 09:27 PM

"Speech"

There was only so much he could do. The rest was up to her. He shifted closer to her ebony form, in case she sought to lean on his shoulder. As much as he hated hearing the saddened sobs bawl from her crimson eyes, he knew after a good cry she'd feel better. The sounds were all too familiar, and his gaze became distant as childhood images flooded into his mind. Her stammering inquiry brought him back to reality, and he looked down at the girl, allowing a quiet sigh to slip from his lips. "I'm sure they will," he told her with a weak smile, unable to stop the doubt creeping into his head. What if her father never returned from the siege? What if her mother and brother had left her? Poor thing; being orphaned at such an early age. He knew what that was like; he knew what it was like to lose everything he loved. However, he couldn't convince her that they would definitely come back, though he couldn't tell a young child otherwise. It was a tricky situation, and he decided to drop the subject before the girl could question his answer. "What's your name anyway? I'm Tinaro."