size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantFamousChristmas 2019Treat 2019Promptober 2019
08-22-2016, 07:58 PM

It had been a few days since the challenge, and she'd returned home with a heavy heart. Her nephew had fallen, exhausted and worn from the fight. She didn't blame him, judging by the way some of his members were acting at the challenge, she could only guess the hard time he was having with his former members. And the way Zephyra sat there, Avalon had noticed a shift in the girl's attitude as well. Had things been falling apart well beforehand? She had the thought in her mind for a while, that they were too young to run a pack and...get married. Rivaxorus, she thought, was inexperienced. Though she also knew why he had done it too. He wanted to try and break free from Arian, but in her mind, he had tried to grow up too fast.

She turned around to make sure Okami was keeping pace, and it seemed she was. The young girl was only a few feet from her heels, and she was pleased that she'd kept up so well. This was the farthest, she'd taken her daughter. And her reason was so that she could meet her cousin, and see things she'd never seen.

Upon making it into Riv's former territory, the alphess paused as she scented the air. She could still smell him here, perhaps choosing to linger even after the challenger had told them to leave. But it seemed, she had chosen to settle elsewhere. She laid no claim to these lands. Leading Okami along, she searched for Rivaxorus, and soon she would find him. "Rivaxorus?"

“Vereux” “Avalon”

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Okami

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
08-22-2016, 10:57 PM

Yes! She got to go on an adventure with momma! The albino girl kept pace with her mother, and she wondered just exactly where they were going. She'd said something about going to visit a relative, but Okami had no idea who else she was related to asides from her older brothers. It was a pretty long journey for her, but she did it! And she was proud of herself for coming so far without falling behind. But boy was it hot here...much more then the North.

Finally, they'd arrive at their destination. A weird forest in the south, but she guessed this was where her relative lived. Judging by the way her mom had stopped to scent the area, Okami would also do the same. Blue eyes widened as she caught the scent of other wolves, but the smell was different then her pack...not as strong. While her mother searched for this...Rivaxorus, Okami would move on ahead with her nose to the ground. She wanted to help too! And it would seem, she'd beat her mom to the punch. The girl came to the side of a tree, her nose suddenly finding the strong stench of another wolf mixed with herbs and wounds? Startled, she stopped in her tracks with wide eyes. "Um..." Her voice caught, and she didn't know what to do or say, instead choosing to back up into the safety of her mother's legs.

"Talk" "You" Think

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
08-22-2016, 11:51 PM
Pain seered through his side. Rivaxorus didn't know what he was to do next. He had been trying to sleep and rest, his own stubbornness bringing him to remain in the woods. Luckily even with the heat the willows tendrils kept it remotely cool. Though he did feel it would be a harsh summer, that was the least of the huge man's worries. He had fallen into a depression, while he had no idea what it was himself. Rivaxorus shifted mildly being met with the stinging pain in his side. At least Armai remained renhett as wel. He wasn't sure what to do with himself regardless. His ears flicked when he heard avalon voice. He also picked up the sound of a pup. He couldn't smell very well with his nose having slight swelling from the bruising. Suddenly he was filled with anxiety, stepping out of his den he looked at avalon. Bewildered that she was even here, maybe she came here to look down on him. His tired eyes would die down with his racing heart beat as he noticed the little pup at her side. An albino, which he weakly smiled as he settled himself on his stomach due to the pain.

"Hello there. Who might you be?" His voice was soft. For some reason he knew if he spoke with avalon he would cry again. No one cared anyway. "My name is Rivaxorus II you must be my cousin." His tail would flick mildly as he looked to avalon. He was just tired now, he wanred to fall into the background. Or maybe everyone would celebrate his death - Ren probably would.

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

08-23-2016, 02:06 AM

The young male stepped out of his den, and he looked just as defeated as Arian had before she'd fallen off the deep end. Would he go that same route as well? Concern lit her eyes, her heart sinking for the young boy. Sure, she thought him too young to have taken on all the responsibility that he did, and lacking the experience didn't help. But he also learned from that, she was sure. Even so, she wished things hadn't fallen around him the way they did. Perhaps it was too much for the young boy, after all, the way Arian had been when they were younger stripped them of the chance of enjoying an actual childhood. Maybe that's why he felt the need to grow up so quickly...maybe that's why they all ended up that way.

She glanced down at her daughter as Riv questioned her, but the girl hid behind her forelegs instead. "Riv, this is Okami. She's...very shy." Looking back at him, she frowned as she looked him over. At least it looked like his wounds were being taken care of, but how was he really? "How have you been faring?"

Art||Plotter

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
08-23-2016, 02:57 AM
He didnt have to be so secluded with her did he. Rivaxorus kept his kind smile to okami. Indeed he genuinely was happy to meet the little girl. "Dont worry okami family stick together i wouldnt ever hurt you." He reassured her before he looked to avalon. She asked a question he dearly didnt want to answer. As he sighed he took in a deep breath. Trying to find the words to explain how he was doing. "Well im alive." He responded dryly for a moment. Then tried to relax his sore muscles. "Mentally i have no clue... ive never felt like this before and it seems clear no ones helped me other then xephyris and armai." His ear flicked. This meant no offense to avalon, she had pups and a successful pack to look after.

"I dont know what zephyra is doing. At the moment it isnt clear." Rivaxorus looked at avalon. Pained, but he still refused to fall. Yes he was upset afraid. But maybe if he reached out she wouldnt betray that trust he held so dear. "Jackson is still here. And our cousin renhett." Rivaxorus let avalon know. As he shifted uncomfortably. "Ill be staying for the time being. After that i dont have a plan, but im done trying to play alpha." He shook his head. Experienced not experienced, too bad. He could be a beta an underling he didnt care. Being an alpha now just left a painful taste in his mouth.

Avalon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

08-23-2016, 03:24 AM

"Well, I'm alive." Of course he was! It wasn't a death match, and for that she was thankful. Though she didn't know who would want to challenge him to a death match anyway, she didn't think he had the kind of enemies that his mother has made...at his next comment though, she looked down at her paws. She felt bad that she wasn't here for him when she should be, but she supposed she didn't have the time to come way out here when she was the only one that kept the pack in check. It wasn't easy, but she was doing it. "I'm...sorry, that I can't be around more. Ivalice has taken alot of my time, and with a young litter, I've not had as much time to leave the north lately..." She felt bad, she truly did. And it hurt her to see him like this.

He explained that some of his family at least, decided to stay around. What about his father? Did Cypress ever come back? Or did he decide to up and abandon his kids just like Arian had? "I know it's hard, Riv." She sat down, Okami sitting against her belly as the girl sat quietly. "Things like this happen, and no matter how much we wish they didn't, it's just another stepping stone." She could feel a speech of sorts coming on, but she didn't want him to think she was going to lecture him. She wasn't. She wanted to tell him that things would be okay, that life went on. But she'd wait for a sign that it was okay to proceed. She didn't want him to feel that she was trying to be the parents he didn't have, not unless he asked her for the advice. She supposed, she learned this from her own kids..they always seemed to think she was lecturing them..

Art||Plotter

Rivaxorus II

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Hailey

Famous
08-23-2016, 03:44 AM
Rivaxorus was tentively listening to the woman. Well at any point anyone seemed better than his mother and father. Last he saw cypress the man was trying to play hero with dealing with enigma and forsaken. Oh gods, what if they knew where he was and attacked him? There was no way in hell he could defend himself at the moment. Rivaxorus looked at avalon. "I know youd be here if you could
I was in your paws alpha work takes up a lot of your time. That and you have a new litter to look after dont feel bad aunty." His eyebrows furrowed. He obviously was more comfortable now. It just took the male some time and a little space. Okami was beautiful, and cute it actually made him smile when she laid down. Was he that fuzzy and cute? Probably not.

"It feels like they all just happened to me." Rivaxorus thought out loud. So there were other wolves who went through this. He just didnt know his mother hadnt taught him too much. "My wifes brother set me up all from the start." He shut his eyes he hated thinkimg about it. A sigh escaped, whatever it was over now. "What am i supposed to do now aunty?" Of course hed never had a backup plan.