size
Large
build
Light
player
Arian
10-30-2016, 08:06 PM

there were no cracks to grasp or gaps to claw

Liar was making his way west to possibly check out the area. Last he had been down was to tell Surreal that Arian had passed. A woman whose heart he could never ease. Regardless by gones were by gones and he was travelling with the scent of a pack fading and his children taking over. They would be great no doubt, they still needed to decide together where they would be living. There also was the problem of fresh blood for members. It wasn't the first time he'd been a king so he certainly knew how difficult that could be.

The male would stretch, with autmn it seemed even the west was getting this rain. The end of this month was growing wary as well. He had run into a rock fall which he barely escaped. Just some missing fur irritated from the bats. He snorted mildly, and then sat himself down with a soft sigh.

TAGGED // YESH

This character can be very unpredictable and cruel, you have been warned.

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
11-01-2016, 04:28 PM

Faite had been taking advantage of the rain lately. She kept scoping out areas to see how the plants were doing. She knew they'd be dying off soon since it was getting colder, but the west was fortunate enough to still have mild enough weather until winter fully hit. She'd had yet to call for Baine so they could go on their trip, she was still nervous about leaving the pack unattended, but she knew it would be soon. A promise was a promise and she owed it to her sister to do what she said she would do.

She padded through the valley with ease. Dew drops clung to her pelt as she pushed past damp shrubbery. It was pretty clear today with only a few light gray clouds to roll past. She was thankful for the rain and she could only hope next summer wouldn't be so unbearable. Then again she'd also hoped to have made her pack by now. She could have chosen a nice location and everything, but the continuous set backs had taken their toll. She now had to wait for Regulus to return.

She walked a little while longer and was surprised to nearly stumble on a male as she pushed through a particularly thick bush. She managed to halt herself in time and a surprised look over came her.

"Dammit, I'm sorry! I didn't see you there." She apologized, even if she hadn't even stepped on him yet.

Walk, "Talk" Think

[Image: x638RtN.png]
[Image: sI0gGqh.png]

Liar

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Arian
11-01-2016, 05:46 PM

His skin crawled for a second as he watched the female. Her colors first what caught his attention. Instantly though he recognized the scent, calming himself as she started to speak. "It's fine" he said to her as the green eyed man looked over the female. The end of his tail flicked and already he was trying to work out connections. Liar would look away for a moment though now that he was calm it was only a wolf from celestial. "I didn't expect to run in a celestial wolf here. My name's Liar. Me and surreal... vaguely knew each other." He noted as he watched her. Was surreal still the alpha there?

He hadn't seen the woman in a long time that was for certain. Not after trying to get back into her good graces which was as hard as stone. Liar had a bad feeling though, the gods told him that. At least maybe it was just his gut feeling. Now however he was curious what was happening with that pack.

TAGGED // YESH

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
11-01-2016, 05:58 PM

The male didn't seem to be bothered by the fact she'd almost trampled him. It wasn't as if she weighed a whole lot anyways. She was smaller than him, which wasn't a surprise, and she was curious about his yellowish pelt and black and white markings. He looked odd, but no more odd than some other wolves she'd seen. Valor had green eye markings, Regulus was completely red, and she'd even seen a blue swirl marked male before now. No, he was probably the most normal out of them all.

"i didn't expect to run in a celestial wolf here. my name's liar. me and surreal... vaguely knew each other."

She was surprised for a moment before her ears flattened to her head for a few seconds. The mention of her mother ... well it hurt when she thought about it. Regulus, Kav, and both here parents had left to go see if the nomads could make them better but she wasn't overly optimistic. They were both getting up there in age and being sick that long ... well it didn't look very promising, did it?

"Oh, she never mentioned you. She's my mother. I'm Faite." She said introducing herself. She let her ears go forward once more as she eyed the male once again. How had he and her mother met?

Walk, "Talk" Think

Liar

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Arian
11-01-2016, 06:10 PM

Liar had been getting better at reading wolves and how they felt about certain things. Perhaps forced upon him from how he spent his time in Ivalice. The green eyed male watched over her and the mention that Surreal was her mother. He said a simple 'ah' for a moment. "I'm one of Arian Adravendi's cousins by blood - she and surreal were semi close. Me and surreal had a bit of a.... rough meeting which I tried to patch it up but she hasn't since opened up... last I saw her was with the news Arian had passed." Liar would explain to the other. From the way she reacted he thought she at least deserved that.

"Last I saw surreal was the reigning alphess, have things been well in celestial?" he asked. For a moment it clicked in his head, should surreal not be the current alpha. There was no need for him to do favors. He had promised and she hadn't returned him on that. Liar was thinking for a simple moment about this. Humming softly.

TAGGED // YESH

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
11-01-2016, 06:18 PM

Faite faintly knew of Arian, though she couldn't ever recall meeting her. She knew there were a lot of wolves adopted into the family (she and her family had been as well, thus not being true Adravendi's) and she wasn't surprised really. The fact Arian had real blood relation was a bit more fascinating, but not by much to the woman who didn't know much about the now dead wolf. She was more interested in the meeting the two had. She was aware her mother could be rough around the edges to those who'd gotten on her bad side, but what had this male done to get in her bad graces in the first place?

His next question was one she could easily answer. "Everything in Celestial is fine. My brother took over after my mother and I recently took over since he is out on a trip." She had purposefully left out her mother being sick, but she was still debating on whether or not to tell him. Did he care about the well being of Surreal? She wasn't going to complain about her mother's state to him if they weren't on good terms.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Liar

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Arian
11-01-2016, 06:29 PM

The wolf nodded his head. So... this faite was the alphess at the moment. My how Surreal boasted and yet age did take its tole really. Liar hadn't realized till now how much actual time had passed, he must have had children the same age as this girl here. Where ever they were he wasn't so sure. "I see, and what brings you out here?" he asked a little more mildly. The cogs in his mind were recently working after all.

It was a little sad to hear Surreal wasn't the alphess anymore. She seemed like such an interesting woman to him. Then again, it was because he had tried to harm Arian in the first place. The ends of his tail flicked mildly for a moment as he smiled gently towards the woman. In an attempt to seem more friendly.

TAGGED // YESH

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
11-01-2016, 06:44 PM

Her companion didn't seem to think too much about the information she'd given him or if he did he was keeping it to himself. Instead the subject shifted and she thought about it. Why was she out here? The question was simple enough and yet most of the time Faite wasn't even sure what drew her to places. She just let her paws do the leading and more often than not she was impressed with what she saw. She had a knack for finding anything and everything that was beautiful on their continent. She was intent on seeing everything. Well ... if she could manage it before she died.

"I find my paws tend to have a mind of their own so I just wander around when I'm able. What about yourself?"

Her answer was far from interesting. She had no grand tale to tell him while they sat and chatted, but maybe his was something different? Did he have some amazing story to give or was he just out searching the world like herself? It certainly was an interesting question to say the least. It gave them each an idea of what the other was like. Overall the male didn't seem too bad. She couldn't quite see why her mother had been at odds with him.

Walk, "Talk" Think

Liar

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Arian
11-01-2016, 07:02 PM

Of course he didn't expect a grand adventure to come out of his question. It was half a way to change the subject another to get a little bit of information out. "I'm land scouting, me and my children are searching for the best lands for our pack. I'll be creating it soon." he explained simply. Liar was not one to lie about things so that's how he left it. Liar would smile though as he listened to the wind.

"Sometimes it's nice to just let your paws carry you, see where you end up." he said as he looked over towards Faite. Was there something she wanted to accomplish with Celestial. At least these were things that briefly crossed over his mind if anything at all.

TAGGED // YESH

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
11-01-2016, 07:16 PM

Faite listened with a little more interest now that he mentioned he was land scouting. The fact that he had children was another interesting fact and she nodded her head in approval. She didn't have kids of her own, but it reminded her of her mother. She'd claimed Celestial not just to recreate old Valhalla but so that she and her family could have a home as well. Faite was more than grateful that she was able to be in charge of what she'd left her and Regulus, but she had to admit she never would have imagined herself as an Alpha until Regulus had offered her the position. It was amazing how far in life one could get in such a short time.

"Well I wish you and your family luck, Liar. Have you found any lands that you like yet? I've been to quite a few and yet I realize there's still so much more I haven't discovered. I can imagine it's hard to choose."

Walk, "Talk" Think

Liar

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Arian
11-01-2016, 07:32 PM

Liar was enjoying this talk now. Talk of lands and talk of family. It warmed his heart, after all being a single father hadn't been his intentions but it was a small price to pay for the pride he felt slightly in that sense. They were all growing and thinking for themselves that was all he could ask for in the end. "The north used to be my home but I am looking for a bit of a change. My thoughts were a bit on Auster but I am still unsure of those newly explored lands." Liar would say as he lowered his head. "I know my kids crave adventure too."

He smiled at that thought. Especially when he thought about how things would be, he couldn't help but to get a little bit giddy. He would have a nice heir, and perhaps more wolves to follow him into his kingdom. Now the time was ripe after all.

TAGGED // YESH

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
11-01-2016, 07:46 PM

Faite felt more than comfortable enough now. She decided to sit down and let her tail relax lazily at her side. She smiled softly at him as he spoke. She personally liked the north (even if her short pelt didn't) and had on more than one occasion gone to visit. She'd climbed mountains, seen the geyser, and had trekked over a good majority of it. It'd been rather frigid most of the time but she'd thoroughly enjoyed herself. It was hard to imagine him wanting to leave, but she understood the need to see what would best provide for his future pack.

She was more surprised when she mentioned Auster. Her mouth dropped open a little before she clamped it shut again. "Wait, what's Auster?" She'd never heard of the place before. Was it a new land, and island maybe? The thought that there was something entirely new that she'd never heard of before was beyond exciting. It might even be her next trip!

Walk, "Talk" Think

Liar

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Arian
11-01-2016, 07:54 PM

Oh so this was interesting. The woman hadn't heard of Auster quiet yet. "You haven't heard?" his interest was almost child like. He chuckled softly and he was glad that he was the one who got to share this information with such a girl. "Auster is a continent that appeared only recently. It's connected by a landbridge. It's much different from this place as far as I know there are no current packs there." Liar would explain to Faite. Auster was a mystery and quiet frankly might be the perfect place for his family. That aside no one here would bother them for a while.

TAGGED // YESH

Faite

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Famous
11-01-2016, 07:59 PM

She was practically bouncing now, in a manner of speaking, as Liar spoke. Of course she hadn't heard! She wouldn't have asked if she had. When he revealed that it was a new continent she grinned broadly to herself. A whole new continent to explore! She suddenly felt quite ambitious before she remembered something. Oh ... but she had a pack to run. Her face fell slightly at that. It was bad enough she ran off at short intervals to go explore a place she'd never been to before. Disappearing to a whole new continent would be another matter entirely. She wouldn't know her way around and what if she got lost? She'd be no better than the wolves she chastised at the meeting then. Maybe when Regulus came back ... it was a hopeful though.

"Well that is interesting news. I'd had no idea it existed - I'll have to check it out some time if I'm able."

Walk, "Talk" Think