Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-06-2017, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2017, 07:11 PM by Pyralis.)
Navigation: Lazuli Falls

There were very few times in her life that Pyralis could ever remember being stunned speechless.  She watched the crystal blue waters colliding against deep rock and merging into the darker water below.  Pyralis stood, mesmerized as she watched the falls churn the water.  Now this was a fine territory!  She'd have to remember to tell Amon of it when she returned.  But for now…  Pyralis moved to drink from the pool, enjoying the cool liquid and wondering for a moment if it tasted rather… sweet?  She lifted her head and licked her lips as she gazed at the waterfall again.  Around her grew all manner of plant life and she debated bringing some of the plants back to her servant girl but knowing her luck she'd manage to put poison ivy in her mouth.

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Sterling

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz
07-06-2017, 11:25 PM
Navigation: Lazuli Falls

Although the lands were recovering from the previous season of drought, water was still a little hard to come by, and so far this was the safest place to travel to for water. It was rather far from home just to get a drink, but Sterling didn't mind. She loved getting out and about, but she sure did wish she had something to carry water back with her. Alas, she didn't know how to find or construct such a thing, so she would make due by traveling, enjoying the sights, and getting the fresh water she needed before she went back home. When she arrived at one of the many entrancing pools, her ears filled with the sound of roaring water, she realized she was not alone this time. There was another she-wolf gazing upon the great falling waters. Sterling sighed. She had hoped she would find herself alone at the falls, but it seemed she wasn't so fortunate today. She considered turning around now and going somewhere else, but she figured she'd already gotten close enough to be noticed, and she'd stood there hesitating long enough. She might as well just get to the water and do what she came to do.

Padding softly over to the pool, she briefly glanced at the other woman, her tail swishing as she willed herself to say something. "Do you... come here often?" she asked awkwardly, turning to face the water so that she could bend down to take a drink. Her ears tilted in the direction of the other wolf, one eye somewhat fixed on her, watching her movements for anything sudden.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipDouble MasterLegendaryPride - BisexualAuster Explorer
Treat 2019Famous
07-07-2017, 07:11 PM

Pyralis stirred the water lightly with her paw, enjoying the cool sensation of the water and debating if she wanted to go in for a swim. Her golden eyes scanned the water. It seemed mystical and she wondered what might become of one who went swimming in water such as this and if she would emerge transformed. She stirred the water, watching the ripples spread out in their lazy formations when the sound of movement caught her attention and she turned to see a yearling padding over to the pool. Pyralis grinned in her usual manner. Black lips parting elegantly over ivory fangs.

"This is my first time to this magical place. What about you?" Her nostrils flared. "You smell of pack. I do believe I've run into a few of your fellows on my travels through the land of Auster."

"Talk" "You" Think
Please note that Pyralis is a ghost. It is up to you to decide what level your chars can see/hear her. She was killed by having her throat ripped apart. At times the wound may be visible and be actively bleeding.

Hear ye!  Hear ye! Beware her Ladyship, her Excellence (etc. ad infinitum), Captain Pyralis Abraxas.  Thread with at yer own risk!  This cutthroat savage stands accused though not convicted of heinous crimes including murder, maiming, brawling, cursing, kidnapping and an unspeakable event involving a newt, two coyotes and a distressed potoo.  Ye've been warned!

Sterling

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz
07-08-2017, 10:30 PM
Sterling chuckled a little nervously as the woman spoke, stating it was her first time here. "I guess it is sorta magical," she agreed, glancing to the falls and to the rippling pool below, the nodding to the woman's next question, "A few days ago. I found it at dusk, so I didn't get to explore it. I'd rather see it in the daylight." This time she had planned to get here when the sun was still shining, since she knew where she was going this time. Her find had been a fluke the last time, although it was a good one. She was glad she was here now, although she had hoped to enjoy it alone... but maybe having a gander with someone else wouldn't be all too bad. She shrugged off her thoughts and flicked her silver-tipped ears toward the woman as she spoke again, not really a question, but a statement that could be answered.

She nodded to confirm that she was indeed part of a pack. Sterling wondered who else this woman had met - she'd never seen the she-wolf, her coat like a smoldering fire. "Ah, you mean Talis," she said, scenting the air as she wondered where this wolf came from. The scent of other wolves was mixed with her own - was she from a pack as well? But Sterling didn't recognize the scent - perhaps they were just a rogue group traveling through Auster. "Are you from a pack as well?" she asked curiously, tail flicking out of habit.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
07-10-2017, 04:19 PM

Pyralis felt a bit of a thrill at the nervous chuckle that slipped from the girls lips. She liked to know she was intimidating. That was part of what she loved about being as tall as she was. It was only appropriate that she be able to literally look down on lesser individuals. The girl had been to the falls before, waiting for day to explore it. Pyralis could see the logic in this. The girl confirmed that she was from a pack named Talis. Ah, so that's what it was. Everything was starting to fall in place.

Pyralis laughed as the girl asked if she was from a pack. "No, I'm not really the pack sort. I don't do so well with being tied down. Much easier to explore and get what I want out of life if I don't have a bunch of duties to take care of leaders to please. I'm Pyralis Abraxas, by the way. What is your name?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Sterling

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz
07-29-2017, 06:16 PM
Was it just her, or did the woman seem a little pleased that she was nervous about this encounter? Emerald gaze eyed the other she-wolf. Was the stranger standing a little taller now? Trying to ignore it, but feeling a growing sense that there was something off about the other wolf, Sterling kept her eyes primarily fixed on the water, although her ears were tilted in Pyralis' direction. Maybe this was why her acquaintance Paladin had been wary of her when they'd first met. Sterling could see the value in being on-guard now, her senses on high alert and her eyes wandering here and there, picking out potential escape routes and looking out for other possible threats. Normally she wasn't afraid of others, although she may not have been overly fond of socializing, but there was something in this woman's demeanor that put her on edge.

The feeling was shaken off just slightly when the woman laughed and explained that she was not in a pack, and her reasoning as to why. Sterling shrugged slightly; she didn't see the disadvantages of having some place to go home to. Her duties kept her contentedly busy, but she always found time to explore on her own. At the end of the day, she could go home to her family and pack mates. Maybe she only felt that way because she'd been born and raised in a pack. Perhaps the perspective of a loner was different. "I don't feel tied down," she said with a shrug, tail twitching.

Her ears perked as Pyralis offered her name, and Sterling looked up at the woman again. She spoke it with a certain pride, but Sterling didn't recognize it. She knew there were some names that were common throughout the continents, but Abraxas was not one that rang a bell. Not that her own name was anything special, but she would share it since she'd been asked. "I'm Sterling," she said, her voice just carrying over the sound of the roaring falls, "Sterling Bade." Her words came out almost shyly, wondering what Pyralis would say in return. Sterling's family was small; she didn't know any relatives beyond her parents and siblings, but as far as she was concerned, it didn't really matter.

Pyralis

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Treat 2019Famous
08-09-2017, 08:26 PM
ooc: sorry to cut this off! I'm switching to a new post format and trying to wrap up my old contest threads. Let me know though if you'd like another!

Pyralis continued to gaze lazily at the girl, the little quirks in her body language and the way she was staring intently at the water. She wanted to pick the girls brain, learn more about her and what she was doing out so far when it seemed she was clearly uncomfortable. Then again, Pyralis supposed running into another wolf wasn't that common. There was something to be said for wandering by oneself with the quiet of the air and the humming of the earth beneath one's paws.

Pyralis laughed when the girl said she didn't feel tied down. "Ah, well, you're young still." She stretched lightly, stopping when the girl turned to look at her, introducing herself as Sterling Bade. "Well, enjoy the falls Sterling. I have pups that need tending to and it's best I don't linger here long."

-exit-

"Talk" "You" Think

Sterling

Loner
Unit

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Ehrgeiz
08-11-2017, 11:29 PM
Sterling's head tilted sharply when she heard the woman laugh again. What was so funny about not feeling tied down? Then Pyralis made a comment that made the girl's hackles prickle slightly in annoyance. What was that supposed to mean? She hated it when anyone mentioned her youth, as though it were some "thing" that made her different, or inferior to those older than her. Despite her irritation with the comment, she would internalize her thoughts and feelings, letting it brood within rather than expressing it outwardly. After all, she didn't feel like getting into any trouble with this she-wolf, who seriously out-ranked her in both height and weight. Besides, she had to make sure she was still in shape to help her pack with the raid, and that wouldn't be possible if she got herself beat up today.

She was surprised when the woman excused herself curtly to go tend to her pups, but she couldn't say she was all too disappointed. Finally, she'd have the chance to explore the falls on her own, hopefully without any further interruptions. "Thanks," she said in return when Pyralis told her to enjoy the falls, and her eyes trailed after the peculiar woman as she left. Sterling felt a little flustered from the whole interaction, half expecting someone else to make an appearance, but when there was a long silence - save for the roar of the falls - she was able to take a deep breath and carry on her way...

OOC: No worries, I'm sure we can have them meet another time - Sterling's always up for another navigation thread if you wanna do that sometime!