Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
09-18-2017, 05:14 PM
The brute had some time to rest, to and recover... Thank the Gods for Roza, he thought to himself. She’d been managing to hold things together better than he had, and that was something the maned wolf admired about the femme. She was so strong… but did she even realize it? The brute glanced over at her sleeping form, curled with their son, and gave a weary smile. He had needed to expand their den as Ulric grew… and he was sure if Philomena had been there it would have needed to be even bigger. Was his daughter still alive out there somewhere? Was she still okay…?

Ganta rose as the first rays of dawn flittered across the world, wondering if Yale had any better luck in his search than Ganta had. The Primul didn’t feel one hundred percent yet… but at least he felt more sure than he had about returning. For now he wanted to make sure that things were secure around Dragoste again… and what he’d do after… well… he didn’t know yet. Heather’s words still echoed in his brain. He had to live for his family…

Roza’s words too were with him. He knew his mate wanted him to be safe… to remain strong for them. But he knew in his heart he’d either see Philomena home or see Rikeros dead. He swallowed hard, coming to the edge of a small pool of water with the territory before lowering his head to take a drink. He still hadn’t seen any of the other members of Dragoste yet but he was sure he would soon. Jynette in particular was one he wanted to see… and he had some catching up to do with Roza and Ulric when it came to fight training. A small smile touched his lips.

Something in his heart whispered to him that things were going to be okay. Maybe not perfect… but they’d survive this.

I'm here without you...

Ulric

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterIce Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterBeevent
1KCritical Hit!
10-09-2017, 12:55 PM

Ulric let his eyes open the tiniest bit as his father got up, peeking at Ganta through his lashes and watching him walk out of the den. As soon as his dad was out of sight Ulric opened his eyes and glanced over at his mom to make sure she was actually still asleep. Ulric had dozed a little bit through the night, but getting fully into sleep had been hard. What if he was asleep when his dad left again? He couldn't let that happen. He kept thinking about Philly and hoping that she was okay. Something told him that she was, but it was hard to not let his nightmares get the best of him.

He uncurled from his mother's side as carefully as he could with his oversized, clumsy paws and slipped out of the den to follow after his father. At least Ganta hadn't gone far and Ulric caught up to him just as he was taking a drink of water. "Hey, dad," he said as he stopped just behind Ganta's shoulder. He felt better with his father here, but without Philly it just wasn't the same.

Speech Others

Ganta

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
10-09-2017, 06:05 PM

The voice of his son reached his ears and Ganta turned his head towards the youth. “Good morning, son. Couldn’t sleep that well, huh?” Ganta asked with a knowing look. He sat, giving a small nod to invite his son to do the same. He didn’t doubt that both Roza and Ulric might be afraid of him taking off after Philomena again, especially after last time. He’d been so angry he barely stopped to consider the feelings of his mate and son, just rushing headlong into the world to try and find his little girl. But neither she nor his brother had appeared just yet… and though Ganta still worried he could see the damage it was causing the rest of his family by being apart.

“I don’t know about you… but even still… I had the best sleep I’ve had in a long time with you and your mother by my side.” ...and gods the boy was growing. He was going to be as tall as a tree at this rate. Ganta gave his son a loving nuzzle to the shoulder, his ghostly eyes softening. “What do you say to hanging with me for today?” Ganta asked, canting his head to the side. Would his son say yes?

"Talk" "You" Think

I'm here without you...