Leshia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
10-21-2017, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2017, 01:51 PM by Leshia.)
Take one last look behind

Sunlight was streaming across the valley but it did not drive away the chill of autumn that was creeping it's way into the west.  In the distance she could see gathering clouds and wondered if more rain was on the way.  Either way she'd stumbled upon a fresh trail and knew that a small herd of whitetail deer were grazing on the fading summer's grasses.  Now was a perfect time for a hunt.  When she reached the pack's main meeting place she let out a howl.  She expected the other hunters to show and hoped some of the other members would as well.

Speech

Keeping this short and sweet.  We need 3 participants and 3 rounds to complete this hunt.  Posts are due by the end of the day Oct. 29.   I'd like this hunt to be mandatory for the hunters but any pack wolves are welcome to join!

Edit: there were concerns so the hunt is set before the meeting and challenge.

Ruaidhrí

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
10-23-2017, 12:05 PM
I'll show you how a heart can never fail

Autumn was proving that it wanted to be as drastic as possible compared to the mellow spring and summer. Rain seemed like it would be a constant, but today had been tolerable. Clouds were still looming overhead, but Rory was happy for the opportunity to finish his patrol without having to worry if he was going to get wet or not. He'd just finished his rounds when a howl from Leshia caught his attention. A hunt didn't seem like a bad idea and it wasn't as though he had any other plans for the day. Maybe it'd be enough to kick some of the other pack members into gear. He padded towards the typical meeting spot and smiled softly when he spotted the female. He wasn't surprised to see that he was the first one there, but it was early yet.

"Hey Leshia." He greeted her warmly with a wave of his tail.

"Speech"

[Image: VZK9Ywk.png]

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
10-28-2017, 07:11 PM

Frost had been scouting nearby pack territory, checking out the lands nearby to look for any changes or new scents that they would need to keep an eye on. He was pushing himself to try and do more for the pack, especially now that Faite had taken leave to search for missing members. He had faith in Rory leading the pack, he just wanted to be sure Rory had the help he needed to keep the pack safe. The pack had been quiet and he felt that he needed to do more, plus it kept him busy and the man didn't like to set around.

He was coming back to the pack lands when Leshia's call rang out. He listened and a small smile formed on his lips. A pack hunt sounded like a fine idea, a great way to bond with one another. Plus it had been a while since he had gone against more bigger game animals. Picking up his pace he quickly headed to the call. When he arrived he was the second wolf that answered her call. First was Rory himself. He approached and dipped his head to both.

"What's on the menu?" he asked.

"Talk" | 'Think'

Art by Antubis0

Leshia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
11-02-2017, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2017, 10:34 AM by Leshia.)
ooc:  thanks guys!  second round due the end of the day November 13th, no posting order

Take one last look behind

Leshia fidgeted, her weight shifting from side to side as she waited.  She was excited to get a hunt going and hoped to get more familiar with some of her packmates.  The alpha was the first to show and she returned his greeting with a respectful nod of her head. "Good to see you alpha, thank you for joining me."  Frostbite was the next to show and Leshia nodded respectfully to the older hunter.  His wisdom would be valuable on this hunt and as he'd been in Lirim longer he likely had a better understanding of the preys habits and behavior.  She waited awhile longer, enjoying the warmth of the sun on her back despite the biting chill of the autumn breeze but the third hunter did not appear.  She frowned a little. "Hm, it seems Rincavornon isn't joining us?"  She hoped she'd gotten the name right having never met the man.  Well, no matter.  They could make do without him.

"Deer is on the menu Frostbite.  I've picked up a fresh whitetail trail, there's a small herd grazing down in the valley near the edge of the weeping woods.  I believe we can stalk along the edge of the woods then strike from there."  She hoped that by placing themselves between the deer and the safety of the forest they could drive them into the open valley where they'd be easier to hunt.  "I propose that Ruaidhrí and I stalk along the woods border to cut the herd off from shelter.  Frostbite if you can instead move to the opposite side of the herd we can drive them toward you.  I think you'd have a better idea of who would make the best target."  

She waited briefly to see if there were any questions or concerns before she started stalking along the border, doing her best to stay low in the grasses and occasionally moving into the woods themselves when she feared she'd be spotted.  The wind had died down, thankfully, and Leshia came to a halt where she wanted to be before waiting for the others to get into position.  When Frostbite picked the target she'd charge and the trio would work to separate the deer.  Whoever had the opportunity would take the kill shot but she imagined this task would fall to Frostbite as the deer would run toward him and he'd have a change to go for the throat.

Speech

Ruaidhrí

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
11-13-2017, 07:08 PM
I'll show you how a heart can never fail

Leshia greeted him and he inwardly cringed at being called alpha again. There was just something about it that bugged him. It was just too formal for his liking, but he let it slide anyways. "I wouldn't miss it." He said with a wag of his tail. His attention went to Frost next as the male arrived and he flashed the older man a smile before glancing around to see if anyone else arrived. He somewhat expected to see Rin arrived, or at least one of his other siblings, but so far no one else was showing up. Maybe there'd be a few late arrivals.

"I guess not." he said to Leshia as she mentioned Rin. "Maybe some others will show up late." If not it meant he'd have to figure out a way to kick the pack into gear. They at least needed a couple more wolves showing up to hunts.

He kept an ear out while Leshia explained her plan. She may have been younger than Frost, but he didn't see any flaws in it. He could certainly manage chasing the herd towards Frostbite. His size would at least help be intimidating to the herd (or so he hoped) to keep them from trying to turn back around to the safety of the forest. He glanced towards Frost to see if he had any objections before he followed the female. He made sure to mimic her movements and stick close so they didn't spook the herd and when they reached the spot he took his own position.

"Speech"

[Image: VZK9Ywk.png]