Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
05-26-2018, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2019, 12:43 PM by Malleus.)
Bear with me, I had a plot idea and couldn't shake it lmao If you're interested (you have a char that fits or you could be persuaded to adopt one) this is the place to post and let me know c:

[Image: 9MI2uBB.jpg]
“It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.” - Voltaire

While strength will take you places, too heavy a hand will band your adversaries against you. Couple your strength with amenity and you'll increase your chances of success tenfold. Hjarrandi is a nomadic band of freemen (and women) brought together by blood and comradery. Their goal is not only to survive, but to thrive; earning both honor and glory in their tireless pursuit of wealth. First and foremost, each free member is treated as a sovereign entity; coming and going as they please and tending to their own affairs. What holds the band together is respect and the knowledge that together they are stronger than they could ever be alone.

RANKS

Dróttin - the leader of the band
Drengr - This is a title of prestige for seasoned fighters
Hexe - The band's sorceress/sorceror. He or she acts as the dróttin's advisor. S/he helps choose raiding targets, blesses raids, trades and festivals, etc. as well as see to the spiritual health of the band.
Thane - The free wolves, thanes make up the general population of the band. This includes fighters, healers, navigators, etc.
Kind - The band's children
Thrall - Captured wolves
Níðingr: freemen who have acted shamefully

LAWS

Few things mean more to a Norseman than his good name. The preservation of this name is the cornerstone upon which Norse society is built. Each member of Hjarrandi is expected to not only preserve his honor but the honor of the band as his actions speak volumes not only about himself but the company he keeps. Hjarrandi's laws, while few, are to be taken as seriously as if Odin himself decreed them.

STEALING - there is a difference between things won in a fight and things stolen away in the night. The former is honorable but the latter marks one as a thief and a coward.

TREACHERY - it should go without saying that if you break your vows and betray your kinsmen there will be consequences.

MURDER - while raiders shouldn't shrink away from killing their sworn enemies, to take the life of a defenseless person or a kinsman is a grave offense.

INSULTS - Don't be quick to trade insults that question a kinsman's honor unless you're willing to accept the consequences. Seems kind of silly to include this as a law, right? Well consider this: the honor of a Norseman is his identity, his worth. Besmirch his honor and you diminish his worth. In defense of one's honor it is acceptable to strike someone down.

FAMILY - the children and mate of a raider are to be treated with the same respect as the raider himself as his family is simply an extension of him. All children, legitimate or bastard, belong in the band and the mate (not consort or concubine, mind you) of the raider is expected to be treated with the same respect as a brother or sister.

RAID RULES

If possible, fights should be limited to dominance matches.

Raiders can start minor maim fights if insults have been traded and honor has been called into question.

If a raider is challenged to a maim fight then the raider is welcome to respond in kind.

Scare tactics are welcome as long as the raider doesn't behave shamefully.

Only the Drottin has the power to take captives in a raid but members can make suggestions if they see a good target.

Talismans and weaponry can be brought and used in battle.

[Image: q5h2nFu.jpg]

Alright, so I have the bones of a band put together, right? So now the question is, who will lead it, yeah? Well, GATHER ROUND FOR A CONVOLUTED STORY that totally wasn't spun together just to marry two of my favorite Ardent families/a butt ton of my favorite old charries. Nope.

SO a few years ago after Yfir fell (and rl ate Laz) Taufr and his father, Laufey, went to the Finnvi's homeland. There, Laufey became very successful. He became a Jarl (chieftain/alpha) for a kingdom there. At his side through all of this was Taufr, who was, perhaps, not the best son. Prone to depression and willfulness, eventually Taufr ran back to Ardent in the hopes of reuniting with the rest of his family and escaping his father's obvious disappointment, but not before impregnating a feisty traveler. That traveler was Rhys Imperialis.

Rhys, knowing children would hamper her freedom, decided to leave the litter with Taufr. Unbeknownst to her, Taufr had already left. She ended up leaving the pups with Laufey, who spared them from illegitimacy by recognizing them as Finnvi and raising them with his own children.

And that is how I got Valkyrie Finnvi. She would be the one to lead Hjarrandi. In a nutshell she is shrewd, analytical and a capable actress. I used the Voltaire quote for a reason; seduction is part of her repertoire. Valkyrie is a reaver and a rascal, but she recognizes that force isn't always the best means to an end. She could charm the quills off a porcupine.

SO if this interests you, please let me know! If there's interest for this kind of thing, I want to know it before I make Valkyrie's purchases as I don't want to scrape together the money for a mutation pass and end up not needing it.

Oh, I did promise adopts, yeah? Okay, so, if you're interested but don't have a char who would be interested in this sort of thing, I might have a couple Finnvis for adoption. They would all be between the ages of 1-2 years and would either be from Valkyrie's litter or her aunts and uncles through Laufey. IF there's enough interest in these I'll put up an adoption thread for them later.
Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.

Marvel

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
05-26-2018, 04:49 PM
Me!

You know ya boi be trying to get in on that sweet sweet plottage at all times! Count me in! (I would love to make a littermate/cousin btw)

How could you so easily turn me from my path to having a manageable amount of chars? So cruel.

Nyx

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
-
build
-
player

ContributorPride - PansexualEaster 2022Rapid Poster - SilverToys for Tots
05-26-2018, 06:02 PM
*commence loud shrieking*

Kai might join in for the hell of it, not sure if he'd stick around but I'd be willing to give it a shot!

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!Trick 2019
05-26-2018, 07:15 PM
Den - it's a gift lol I'll let you know if I end up doing adopts c:

-screams back at Nyx- Kai would be perfect!

This character has a noticeable Icelandic accent!
Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Ashiel

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!Treat 2019
05-28-2018, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2018, 06:45 AM by Ashiel.)
I'm definitely interested, I'm just not sure any of the characters I'm keeping would join. I'd be tempted to bring Naudir back for this but I'd also like to have someone more raid worthy... course I said no more than 7 chars.  Laz what are you doing to me?!   xD

I need to think on it but the interest is definitely there.

EDIT: darn it, I've been suckered in. lol Yes, I'll have a character to join. I might do a child of Lyndvarr if you remember him. Not sure about bringing Naudir back. I have always wanted her to be this old wise woman with these crazy crows but I really don't want to take on a bunch of chars just right after trimming them.
-- PLEASE NOTE:  Ashiel is an EVIL character and can be prone to acts of swearing, maiming and other violence. --
Consider this your warning.

Landon

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Serene
06-02-2018, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2018, 10:53 AM by Landon.)
-BARGES IN LOOKING PANICKED-

How did I miss this glorious opportunity? Hi yes, for the hell of it because it sounds like fun and he will most definitely chase after little miss Val, Landon would love to run with the rascals. Must have a thread for them to meet.

Malleus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
06-03-2018, 03:43 PM
-gleefully ropes Luns in- I think this happens every time you cut back lmao

Lady - Perfect! Haha, I think Landon will fit in nicely!
Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.

Pumpkin

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
06-03-2018, 04:04 PM
-Grabs Chroma and all her stuff-
This life calls to her here, you go!

If you do an adoption, I will be one of the first people there, because this is calling to my soul.

Rakki

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
06-06-2018, 02:15 PM
If my character get approved, I’d love to join!

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

06-09-2018, 03:04 PM
I'm in the process of getting her purchases together and once that's done I'd love threads with everyone! <3

Valkyrie also has a female melanistic japanese macaque named Inga. Unless she's mentioned IC it's safe to assume she's not with her master.
It can be assumed that Valkyrie has a bear skull mask hanging from a strap around her neck at all times.

Éldi

Loner

Master Fighter (310)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterValentines 2020Treat 2019Promptober 2019
06-09-2018, 07:19 PM
Sounds good! I've opted to create a new character for this. A fresh viking-type. I'll work on getting him up!

Dragon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022LegendaryCritical Fail!Treat 2019
06-12-2018, 05:39 PM
Hi there, yes. Well I tried to resist (and also I was on an unplanned hiatus) but now I'm back and after getting a better look at this, you got me. Turns out I am WEAK and could not resist this temptation. I don't have a character fit for this but I am always willing to bring one in c:

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

07-28-2018, 03:40 PM
Valkyrie is in so if anyone wants a thread, let me know! As for adopts, I think I'll hold off for now until Ky is a bit more established, but you can expect to see an adoption thread go up in the future!

Shikoba II

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
10-05-2018, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2018, 07:17 PM by Shikoba II.)
I'm in!!! let me put together a wolfie for this, unrelated to Valkyrie. I might take forever on the design though

Disa- goddess
Gudrun- friend in war
Idonea- enternial youth
Ivar-archers bow
Kelda- a spring
Sigrid- beautiful victory

those are the names im thinking of so far. And Bjornsdottir as the last name. Cant decide yet.

Harkin

gems
size
build
player
10-11-2018, 08:17 PM
If this is still going I'd like to throw in Harkin

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
10-14-2018, 04:00 PM
It is! Ky's still in the process of recruiting and getting her posts up. Let me know when you bring Harkin in and I can toss up a thread for them to meet c:

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Eisleif

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
11-17-2018, 11:40 AM
-Throws Eis at-
laz needs to get val a postin!

Valkyrie 1

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

11-18-2018, 01:53 PM
I'm hoping to have enough posts by the time she finishes her recruiting threads c:

Anyone else want in on this? I think I need one more follower to make it official

Dragon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022LegendaryCritical Fail!Treat 2019
12-26-2018, 11:25 PM
I don't have a char for this so i'm willing to adopt one if you have any available lol
Tracker||Plot with me!

Dragon never goes anywhere without his Dragon armor, assume he is always wearing it unless otherwise mentioned! He also has a pair of seeing eye jaguars, assume they're always present unless otherwise mentioned.