size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Mammoth HunterDouble MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
06-08-2018, 06:11 PM
Then they went on to say the pearly gates

The journey west hadn't been terribly strenuous but it had still taken time. When they'd settled on a place to stay for the winter Brandr had bid Corentine farewell and headed toward the borders of Celestial. He would deliver the news of the Abaven takeover to Regulus and… well, he wasn't quite sure what would happen after that. The Abraxas were such a large force he really couldn't imagine standing up to them but perhaps the alpha would have some ideas as to how they were going to deal with this threat. Tipping back his head he howled for the alpha. This would not be easy news to deliver but it knowledge had to be spread as swiftly as possible. However, was there even any action they could take? He felt like he was staring down the end of time. The takeover by those monsters seemed almost inevitable and all he could think about was living a simple life with his wife, dodging the fangs and the claws and staying one step ahead as best they could, for as long as they could. Before the inevitable.

had such elegant graffiti

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
06-11-2018, 12:05 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

It was one of the days where it was only snowing hard, not dropping a full out howling blizzard on their heads. They’d had a few clear days before this, but with the gradual return of heavy snow, she had a feeling the pack would all be forced into their dens.

For now, she was handling the duties on her own, giving Gwen leave to do what she needed to do during her birth season, in this case, alone time. She had a feeling there were far deeper reasons to the older woman’s tendency toward not being sociable during her heat, but also sensed that prying would be thoroughly rebuked.

The howl from ahead brought her mind back to the forefront of her patrol. She was mostly on auto-pilot, though any fresh scents and unexpected smells were never missed. When you couldn’t see much further beyond ten feet, you relied more heavily on your ears and nose.

It was a call for Regulus, primarily, but in a manner that called for a leader. A possible new member? That sparked a small hope, but she set it aside into neutrality as she padded forward through the snow.

She might not have completely enjoyed slogging through the snow, but she deeply enjoyed the camouflaging effect it gave her coat. Based in such a pure, snowy white, she blended easily with the background, the soft shimmers of her coat adding to an ephemeral effect she enjoyed using to her advantage.

As she reached the area the call had come from, she paused just beyond the range of sight, before she stepped forward, just enough to catch a glimpse of the stranger. He was an older male, younger than her father, naturally, but he matched a description her father had left her. Brandr. A wolf from Abaven.

Naturally, Regulus had apprised her fully of the details regarding the Abraxas family, not wanting to leave her floundering in any way that he could help her not flounder in. Thus far as she was aware, Brandr was an Abaven wolf.

So, when she stepped out of the uncertain veils of snow, her features were a little warmer than neutral. Abaven was a friend to the pack, and presently, she had no desire to change that with her own leadership.

She offered the male a slight smile as she greeted, “Brandr, isn’t it? I’m sorry, but my father’s away at the moment. I’m Aurielle Adravendi, his daughter and the pack’s leader. How can I help you?” She purposefully left out her dual middle names. She did whenever she could avoid it.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

06-16-2018, 03:25 PM

Brandr felt his chest and throat tighten as he waited. Emotions that he'd held in check bubbled up his throat and held there, burning him. How could he feel so hot when the land was in the throes of winter, when snow was falling all around him in large, beautiful flakes. Brandr breathed in sharply through is nose, pushing the emotions backd own into his gut where he could better hold them. He was on a mission. He had to complete his mission. He could worrky about the aftermath of his decisions later.

To his surprise it was not Regulus that called but a pale, strange looking yearling. He felt his stomach tense just a bit. Had something happened to Regulus? She introduced herself as Aurielle, Regulus' daughter, and explained that he was away. He nodded. "Yes, I'm Brandr Scylding. It's a pleasure to meet you Aurielle. I'm afraid I'm here to deliver some bad news. Abaven has been invaded by the Abraxas. It's a new tactic we haven't seen them use before. One named Malleus approached our alphess. He insisted that she allow them to place an Abraxas over our pack. That we could either accept this new ruler peacefully or they would either invade or challenge. Technically Sparrow is still the 'leader' but I'm certain it's a farce. The Abraxas are ruling in the shadows. My fellow pack members wish to fight against the Abraxas. Whether outright or through subterfuge but with our numbers so low we don't stand much of a change and I..."

He felt ashamed but he had to tell Aurielle the full story. "I will be honest with you I left Abaven. I've started a life with a woman I fell in love with and we are expecting pups any time now. We were both from nomadic traditions and wished to return to those. That said, I can't simply look away at what's happening, either. I told Regulus I would let him know if anything happened with Abaven."

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

07-08-2018, 10:48 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

The young woman listened with a patience that was uncannily similar to her father’s, nodding slowly as Brandr laid out the story of what was going on with Abaven and the Abraxas family from the south.

Finally, she nodded, a faint smile twitching across her features as he spoke of expecting pups soon, her head cocking. “Thank you for letting us know how wide their tactics may stretch. I wouldn’t wish to put children through that sort of environment.”

Her haunches lowered to the ground as she pondered. “I do wonder if it may be possible to rally several packs to oppose them. These lands saw such events in the past, according to the stories my father told me.”

The question was… were any of the packs she’d heard of large enough to oppose the Abraxas, even banded together. And that was if they’d get along to rally together anyway. For the time being, she knew it wouldn’t be a smart move to start anything when her own pack was so small.

Her eyes rose to Brandr’s as she smiled, asking, “Do you and your lady need anything or are you alright?” With how harsh this winter seemed to be, she hoped that his mate was faring well.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

07-21-2018, 06:45 PM

Brandr felt some relief at finally delivering the news to a friendly pack. He was skeptical though as to what could be done but at least Celestial would be aware of what was going on and could act accordingly to defend themselves. Early on in his life he'd been trained as a warrior but that was a lifetime ago and it was not a lifestyle he was particularly interested in. However, knowing his wife and any future children they might bear would be safe he felt like he could move more freely… at least for now.

Aurielle mentioned rallying the remaining packs against the Abraxas. "I wish I had some plan to offer but I'm afraid I don't. I can tell you that the members of Abaven are willing to fight for their pack. They are laying low for now but I am certain that should the opportunity arise they will turn on their captors." Certain, if the other packs moved swiftly. The Abraxas were far more than just conquering brutes. They could get inside a wolf's head, and twist and manipulate. He did not want to believe that stockholm syndrome might befall them but he had to consider all possibilities. "I must speak with my mate but should you decide to band the packs together to assault the Abraxas stronghold in Abaven let me know. I would wish to join you but it is a matter I must discuss with my love."

He shook his head but smiled weakly. "I appreciate the offer but we'll be alright. Is there any more you'd like to ask me before I head back?"

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

07-30-2018, 05:58 PM
The young leader listened as Brandr answered, nodding slowly. “I don’t blame them for wanting to fight… I can’t fathom stepping aside for them. Not unless it was the only thing that would keep them safe. Though…” She finished the thought in her mind that she would sooner disband the pack than allow a conquering force to occupy it. She would be no wolf’s puppet, nor would she allow her pack to be subjugated to such a thing.

She nodded at Brandr’s next words, making a note of the offer and smiling at him. “If this goes to war, every able fighter may be needed.”

She did have one question, though, and she answered readily, nodding, “Do you think it would be possible to contact Sparrow without the Abraxas sniffing it out? I’d just as soon talk to her and not a wolf who has an overstimulated view of himself—or herself...”

There would need to be a talk with Lirim, and she was certain she wanted to track down Mask and see how he was doing.

Brandr

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

08-10-2018, 07:36 PM

Brandr stayed silent as the young alphess mused aloud to herself. He wasn't sure what hope there was of defeating the Abraxas but he too could understand his packmates desire to fight. He wondered how long that would last though. The packs that might stand against them were small, many still recovering from the harsh winter. They'd need a miracle and he wasn't sure he believed enough in anything to expect one.

Brandr's brow furrowed at Aurielle's question and shrugged. "I don't know. You'd almost have to catch her outside of the pack and I don't know how tightly the Abraxas are patrolling the borders right now. Any activity near the border is sure to attract the Abraxas attention. When I left there was one wolf in charge. It could be possible to have someone serve as a distraction on the borders while you and Sparrow sneak away to converse outside the packlands. However, by now I think it likely there are more members of the Abraxas in the pack. I'm afraid I just don't have much in the way of ideas. Again, much of my involvement I wish to discuss with my mate. It wouldn't be right to drag her out here and then get myself killed, especially if I end up having young to care for."