Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
07-31-2018, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 11:14 PM by Torin.)
OOC. Liquid timing to slightly before the thread with Derecho in Redbud Nook

Torin was ready, well maybe ready wasn't the right word. He was accepting of his reality was the better way of putting it. He and Derecho would be taking the trip back to her family's pack. He wanted to speak to Frostbite before they left though. He trusted he was leaving the pack in capable paws and he wasn't too worried, it was mostly formality really. After two alpha's had disappeared from Lirim with out so much as a mention of where they were going he was going to make sure they at least knew where he was supposed to be.

It was also practical, if he actually went missing they'd have a place to start searching from. Not that he thought he was likely to simply vanish, Torin might have had his doubts about his place in the pack but he was sure in his own abilities to take care of himself.

The man pushed into the willows, he could try and track Frostbite down, but he figured he may as well save himself and Derecho some time. Pulling back onto his haunches Torin tipped his head back to release a short call for the older man.

Talk Think
[Image: jBaYOuX.png]
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
08-05-2018, 08:28 PM

He hadn't been far, heading back to check on Star since he had finished his patrol of the territory. He wanted to make sure she was doing well. He would frequently check on her even though at this point she was healed and didn't need the constant fretting that Frost did over her. Plus all the time lost with her being away he couldn't help but spend his free time with her. Torin's call intercepted his path to home making him stop and sigh lightly. The thought of not seeing right now was a bit depressing, but he knew it would happen especially with his rank. Focusing back on Torin's call he shifted his path and quickly headed in the direction of the younger male.

It's didn't take him long to reach Torin and he greeted him with a warm smile and a wag of his tail, before seating himself before Torin. He wondered what he had called for, forgetting that Derecho planned to head to Abaven in the spring. Her leaving would also depress him, because he had hoped she would stay permanently.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Talk" | 'Think'

Art by Antubis0

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
08-06-2018, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2021, 06:37 PM by Torin.)

Torin waited patiently, though Frostbite would not keep him waiting to long. He allowed a small smile and a slight wag of his tail as the older man approached. Frostbite settled before him and Torin took a breath as we ran through how to answer in his head.

Finally, he would begin to speak, his voice even and doing his best to keep his expression neutral even despite his actual feelings about the subject. "Derecho and I are going to be heading out to Abaven very shortly here but I wanted to check in with you before we left." He watched Frostbite as he spoke, unsure if the older man remembered that was happening or not.

Talk Think
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
08-20-2018, 09:54 AM
Torin returned the quiet greeting as Frost settled. The male took a moment before he would begin to speak. Frost had forgotten that Derecho’s leaving was so soon. Time had really flown by and as Torin reminded him about it, the happiness seemed to wash from his face. He hated to see her go, although knew that Torin was a more then capable guide for her. He let out a sigh and looked to Torin.

“It’s that time already?” He said mentally pouting and praying she would stay.

Eyes drifted to the ground briefly, but he straightened himself. It was her choice and he would not force her to stay. He really wanted her to, but he wasn’t going to force her. He then nodded his head and looked back to Torin.

“A couple days trip to there and back right?” He asked trying to remember how long the trip was.

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
09-02-2018, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 11:15 PM by Torin.)

It seemed that Frostbite was nearly as disappointed by Derecho's departure as much as he was, which was... something at least; though he suspected it was for different reasons. Torin took a moment to breath a sigh as Frostbite did, almost feeling like they were at least bonding a little bit in their matching disappointment.

Then the older man was asking him about the journey and Torin was once more thrust into how too real it was. "Approximately..." He trailed off, allowing his uncertainty to sound in his voice. "I have never been before and Derecho isn't exactly certain where we may have to pass through to get there but I know the approximate direction." He tried to summon an, unconvincing, smile of reassurance. "It was about time we reconnected with the other packs anyways." He was trying to spin things in a positive light, and in truth he did feel that way about his visit to Abaven... Lirim had felt isolated for too long. Still he wished his visit was under different terms.

Talk Think

Frostbite

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
09-14-2018, 07:51 PM

It seemed he too had some disappointment in her departure though he didn't act like he really noticed. In honesty he didn't have a clue at the type of relationship that was forming between Torin and her. He had been fairly busy with his own romance with Stardust to take the time to notice, but at least he was able to see that her time here in Lirim was a simple ghost. Someone in the pack at least had spent time with her and showed her what it had been like to live in a different pack. He was hoping though that someone would have been able to convince her to stay.

He looked to the younger male's face as he tried to figure out how long it would take. It didn't sound like he knew exactly, so Frost would just have to prepare himself for at least maybe a month? He would prepare himself for longer, but he would at least give him a month. He hoped that there would be no problems and that they would enjoy the trip.

"You're right, it has been a while since we did any pack visits. I'll keep the pack standing until you return," he said giving him a light smile. "Although I'm getting to old for this."

He was half joking, but Frost knew Torin was ready to take the reins and he wanted to gauge the male's feelings towards moving up again.

"Talk" | 'Think'

Art by Antubis0