Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
08-07-2018, 01:33 PM
The beast moved aimlessly over the lands of Northen Boreas through an area of sparse foliage. They were a massive creature, their body scarred but their fiery eyes proud. They bore a coat of unnatural coloration, a bright red as fierce as their spirit… though perhaps that was a good thing. Melanthios wasn’t a cruel wolf by any means, but they were, however, one who would speak their mind and heart freely. The beast was one who lived as a free spirit so to speak, one that preferred to know the taste of battle but also a touch of gentleness as well. They were certainly not your average sort of giant.

Their gaze lit up as they took in the scene around them. Greenery was beginning to flourish fully in the later part of spring… and they found this particular part of the North refreshing. Perhaps, they thought, they might linger in the Northern part of these lands for a while. They seemed large enough that the beast shouldn’t get too bored with staying in such lands… right? Though they knew they’d also need to be mindful of claimed territories… large as Mela was they were not looking to get in that sort of trouble.

A soft hum escaped the beast’s throat as Melanthios moved under one of the trees. The lands here were a bit muddy but they didn’t mind. They were a stranger to these lands and that left much to explore… and a companion to find. Heck, they thought to themselves, they might even find someone from the Kedieo Empire here. Though finding their kin wasn’t exactly somthing at the top of Melanthios’ list. But they’d come across others eventually… There was no need to rush such encounters.

Melanthios finally settled down at the base of the tree, closing their red-orange gaze. A nap seemed to be in order… unless something more interesting happened along.

Gabriel I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
08-07-2018, 04:56 PM

The weather had warmed somewhat in the northern territories. That left an opportunity for the herald to venture into the cooler climates without fear of imminent frostbite. Pale paws skimmed over the muddy ground with each stride, toes sullied by the boggy ground. Each sucking step seemed to drown out the world and announce his presence to anyone and anything nearby. Lord forbid he need to hunt in this weather. Not that he was especially good at it. It had been some time since his Father's death, and he still struggled to cope. He had begun to preach the gospel with renewed fervour, spilling the glory of His good name to any who would listen.

Today, he wandered. Aimless at best, he followed the tug and pull of his whims. At least, until he came across a scent. Fresh. Perhaps a pleasant conversation would do him well. Whiskers brushing against the ground, he followed the trail. It brought him to a spot beyond the wall of stone, where he had once met Spider. Cautiously, he raised his head. Sightless gaze peered about, curious. He couldn't pick up the sound of paws in the mud, which should have been the easiest to detect. A frown tugged at marred features, alabaster brows pulling together. Surely he was not old enough for his nose to fool him into tracking a wolf who was not there.

"Gabriel" Thoughts "Others"

IF YOU HAVE NIGHTMARES WE'LL DANCE ON THE BED

Samael, as Gabriel's brother/stalker, will likely be making appearances in any/all of his threads to distantly stare at his interactions. Just an FYI.

**Also, his face is heavily scarred on the left side, none of his tables reflect this yet. Missing fur on the cheek, below the eye, and scars across the bridge of his muzzle and down his neck.

Melanthios

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
08-07-2018, 08:11 PM
The sucking sound of paws on mud caught their attention enough that the red creature couldn’t sleep. They let their eyes slowly open once more, shifting their head of their paws as they gazed off in the direction the sound had been coming from. A figure stood not too far in the distance and they rose to greet the other. A breath was taken in, the scent of the stranger taken in. A male, golden and white in color, was the one in question. Melanthios gave a small smile. He seemed to be looking for them… and the beast would not disappoint.

They took no measures to attempt to hide their steps -- in such mud it was pointless anyway. They approached the stranger with a curious light in their gaze. It was only once they got close that the beast realized that the man was blind, hence why he seemed to be having trouble locating them. “Looking for company, perhaps?” They rumbled in a feminine voice, their tone friendly. “Forgive me if not. Perhaps it is mere wishful thinking on my part, sir.” They canted their head to one side, wondering if they had been mistaken in thinking that this male had been looking for them.

Not everyone sought out strangers.

Gabriel I

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
08-20-2018, 07:48 PM

Heavy pawsteps in the slick mud, coming from somewhere to his left. Swinging his head in that direction, he tested the air. Sure enough, a fresh whiff of the scent he had been following. “Looking for company, perhaps?” a soft, lilting voice questioned. He allowed a tiny smile to twist his features. "The locale doesn't offer much entertainment, you see." He replied warmly. There was hardly a break for awkward silence before the other wolf spoke again. “Forgive me if not. Perhaps it is mere wishful thinking on my part, sir.”

His smile only grew, warmth exuding from his pores. He lifted a paw in an easy mannered dismissal of her apology. "You are forgiven. After all, it was I who tracked you all the way here, so perhaps I ought to apologize to you for such an odd encounter." He chuckled, sightless eyes crinkling at the corners. "My name is Gabriel Morningstar. May I ask yours?" He questioned, before he dared forget his manners in front of a stranger. That would be simply embarassing.

"Gabriel" Thoughts "Others"

IF YOU HAVE NIGHTMARES WE'LL DANCE ON THE BED

Samael, as Gabriel's brother/stalker, will likely be making appearances in any/all of his threads to distantly stare at his interactions. Just an FYI.

**Also, his face is heavily scarred on the left side, none of his tables reflect this yet. Missing fur on the cheek, below the eye, and scars across the bridge of his muzzle and down his neck.

Melanthios

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
09-05-2018, 07:16 PM
There might not have been time for an awkward pause between them, but Melanthios had never been one who did well with initial interactions. They could be a bit of an odd one in that sense, as if they weren’t different enough already! Though the kindness and warmth of the stranger’s voice brought a smile to Melanthios’ lips. The giant shook their head, speaking in a gentler tone. “No no, you’ve no reason to apologize. It’s just been a little while since I’ve interacted with a stranger… I guess it’s lead me to be a bit nervous.” Melanthios’ ears twitched curiously as the man’s name left his lips.

“Gabriel Morningstar. It is a lovely name if I might say so, sir.” They tilted their head slightly to the side, watching him. He was still fairly big for a wolf… though not quite as tall as they were. “Melanthios Kedieo,” The beast rumbled softly. “I’m afraid that I do not hail from here, so my knowledge of this land is little. My land lies far from here, where my family was a legacy of its own sort… if only for the sort of wolves it produced.” Melanthios shook their head.

“...and you? Where might you hail from, sir Gabriel?”