Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
10-01-2018, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 11:23 PM by Torin.)

It was well into the night and she was deep within her den. It was the same den she had before, but since she had returned she had made some finalized touches to it. Since she was still recouping Frost had managed to help her out before his own children were born. A large bed of pelts lay in the warmest part of the den, a very small cluster of lilac hung in another corner, an aid to help her become relaxed when she needed it the most. He had been having difficulty sleeping and since hanging the lilac it had seemed to help quite a bit. Tonight it’s magic didn’t seem to be strong enough and she struggled to fall asleep. Continuously repositioning herself, but never finding a comfortable position to sleep. Her mind was active despite the fact her body was worn out for the day making it difficult to become completely settled. Too many thoughts and even harsh memories of both incidents of being washed away. Not once, but twice she had managed to live through it unsure what purpose both incidents had. Nothing had really changed other than this time she was looked for, this time she was found and safely returned to what she considered home.

Was it to make up for the first time? How no one was able to find her? Her thoughts swirled with potential answers, but unsure what the real one was. One thing was certain, she was eternally grateful for Torin who had hunted her down and brought her home. She had been a bit recluse as she fully recovered, but was slowly getting her stiff muscles reworked so she could hunt and make use of her talents for the pack's sake. Now that she was staying she had to pull her weight and contribute like any other member was expected too. Plus she wanted to be well prepared to help her little cousins when they were old enough. A light sigh passed her black lips at the thoughts unable to hush her busy mind.

Ears perked as she heard the faint and distant rumble of thunder. It drew her attention enough to forget on her thoughts. Lifting herself from her bed she headed to the entrance of her den, but not going through the more narrow space that led outside. Instead, she stood and listened, hoping to hear the thunder again, but no something else drew her attention. The sound of movement right outside of her den. Was something or someone out there? She remained as quiet as she could and moved towards the entrance, carefully moving through the narrow tunnel that led to the world above. Ears laid flat on her head as she attempted to peek out and see what was moving around by her den.

Art by Sterling-Raven

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
10-15-2018, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2021, 06:46 PM by Torin.)

Torin didn't know if Derecho had noticed what he had picked up as his recent hobby, if she had she hadn't said anything to dissuade him from continuing... though if she didn't... he couldn't help but feel it was a little creepy to be hovering around so much. Still he couldn't seem to help himself; he almost felt a compulsive need to keep an eye on Derecho.

Though as thunder rumbled in the distance he couldn't help but feel that maybe it'd be a smarter choice not to be here right now. Instead of heading for the shelter of his own den however, he continued to pace, trying to move as smoothly and quietly as he could. He breathed a sigh, caught up in his own thoughts. He was certain he wouldn't have been this concerned about most of the wolves he knew, the exceptions being his own family but then he knew he thought of Derecho as distinctly different from his family... Which only made him more anxious about his feelings.

Turning on his toes he caught sight of something, stopping mid-step as his gaze slid slowly towards the mouth of Derecho's den. A pair of pale blue eyes peering out of the darkness. "Oh uh..." He spoke softly, taking a few steps closer towards the den and crouched down to look Derecho in the eye. "I uh... didn't wake you did I?" He hoped he hadn't, that'd only make him feel worse about the whole thing.

"Speech" Think

Art by Sterling-Raven
[Image: jBaYOuX.png]
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Derecho

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
10-15-2018, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2018, 07:31 PM by Derecho.)

Pale blue eyes peered out into the world where a surprise guest made her heart palpitate and her stomach flutter. There not far from the mouth of her den was Torin, pacing away. She had noticed his scent lingering around her den, but she had thought he had merely stopped by to check on her. She had no idea he was here every night pacing away. It was oddly comforting, knowing he was here at night to guard her den. It didn't take long before he noticed her, he probably would have just remained there and watched him for a while. Watching the way his muscles would ripple under his pelt as he moved.

These feelings, unexplained feelings were growing much stronger now since he had tracked her down. Manifesting into the want to just be close to him. The added adoration she felt with him finding her and bringing her home, essentially rescuing her and made everything more intense. She had been recovering and this had really been the first time she had seen him since they got home. It brought all of the feelings to the surface at once, especially as he approached. She couldn't help but smile as he asked if he woke her and gently she shook her head.

"No you didn't," he replied quietly before fully poking her head out of the den.

Lighting quickly lit up the shadows of the evening, drawing her attention before another distant rumble of thunder. Her eyes looked back to him, focusing back on him.

"I havn't been able to sleep tonight so I've been awake," she said. "I guess your in the same boat as I am."

"Speech" Think

Art by Sterling-Raven

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
10-29-2018, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 11:24 PM by Torin.)

Torin watched as Derecho spoke, smiling slightly as she put his mind at ease. He'd have felt bad if his pacing had woken her up; though he was glad to see her. Her head was now fully out of the den and he glanced away for a moment as a flash of light; the slowly drawing closer storm making itself known again.

Derecho spoke again and Torin turned to look back at her, chuckling slightly to himself. "I'm in good company then." He settled beside the mouth of her den. "Think we're in for rain?" He asked, turning his gaze towards the sky once more; his mind wandering back to the first summer storm they had shared together; their first meeting.

"Speech" Think

Art by Sterling-Raven
I just got back from moving, please help me catch up by dropping threads I owe here. <3

Derecho

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
12-16-2018, 08:17 PM

She smiled at his reply, they were both in good company was her thoughts. She was really glad he was here right now, because if this storm did hit the area, she would be thankful to have company versus being alone in her den. She looked up towards the sky, but it was too dark to tell really what the clouds looked like. It sounded as though the thunder was getting closer with each rumble, which in the past had meant that it was coming. She had never really had a storm without rain, so she assumed that they would get some.

"I'm betting we will," she answered before glancing back down to him. "Are you afraid of getting a little wet?"

She smiled ever so lightly, her tone was teasing. This was not his den and if it rain she could just simply crawl in her den out of it. In her good nature she wouldn't possibly be able to let him out here in the rain, by himself, but did he truly know that?

"Speech" Think

Art by Sterling-Raven

Note: Torin is allowed in any and all of Derecho's threads, regardless of the tag

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
01-21-2019, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 11:24 PM by Torin.)

Derecho answered his question with an affirmative and he couldn't help but chuckle and nod. It had been a bit of a dumb question. Then she hit him with her own question and Torin turned his attention back to Derecho, blinking at her for a second before a small smirk tugged at his lips. "Should I be?" He would never assume that she'd invite him into her den but he couldn't help but tease a little bit.

Shaking his head Torin glanced back at the sky, the wind picking up as the storm started to blow in properly. "I'm sure I can manage a little rain." He smiled at her again, confident that he would survive the short walk to his den.

"Speech" Think

Art by Sterling-Raven

Derecho

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
01-21-2019, 07:04 PM

She couldn't possibly let him walk back in the rain, to let him get soaked and a chance to get sick. She also didn't want him to leave either, she didn't feel like being alone anymore tonight. She feared what he would think if she invited him in. They had been in close proximity before, but this was a bit more different. Dens were meant to be private and inviting him into her den was something different, but her craving for his attention and his company was trying to fight her. Her eyes were bright as she looked to him catching his teasing smile.

Although he reassured her that he could manage making her bite her lip slightly. What would be the worse that could happen. The worse could be that he would just up and leave, she didn't think it would change their relationship negatively.

"Instead of managing.... You could just stay here, join me inside and keep me company the rest of the evening," She said with a light, almost shy smile.

"Speech" Think

Art by Sterling-Raven

Note: Torin is allowed in any and all of Derecho's threads, regardless of the tag

Torin

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
01-27-2019, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2021, 07:00 PM by Torin.)

Torin watched the sky, missing the uncertainty on Derecho's face as she pondered her own course of actions. Torin was confident he could manage whatever came his way and since the ball was now in her court he wasn't going to push anything. Derecho could have told him never to so much as show his face near her again and he'd have bent over backward to try and accommodate that. Sure he'd have been hurt but as it stood now he'd give anything to make her happy.

Finally, though she spoke and Torin struggled to keep his face impassive. His chest suddenly feeling like there was a trapped bird behind his ribs. "Only if you insist." He spoke, his voice wavering slightly as he glanced back at Derecho, finding himself unable to meet her gaze.

"Speech" Think

Art by Sterling-Raven

Derecho

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
01-27-2019, 08:02 PM

Had she been to bold with her words, with her move? She could see him struggle to remain impassive, but he couldn't make eye contact with her. She hesitated wondering if she was going about this all the wrong way, but why hadn't he flat out denied it then. Instead he left it up to her, 'if she insisted'. She didn't want him to stay if he didn't want to, but why else would he be hanging around her den in the first place. Her eyes looked him over briefly before quietly sucking in a breath. A soft smile reappeared on her face as she tried to regain herself.

"I would really like it if you did," she replied.

She wasn't forcing him to stay, but instead letting him know how it would make her feel if he did. Another rumble in the sky and a small drop hit her on the nose knowing there wouldn't be much longer until the rain let loose. She looked up to the sky for a few moments before looking back to him.

"Speech" Think

Art by Sterling-Raven