size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Fail!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
10-17-2018, 09:43 PM
TIED TO WHAT IS LATE, AIN'T YOU NOW

Aureus hadn't meant to get separated from Pyrrhic. He also hadn't meant to adventure this far on a cool winter evening but one thing lead to another and now he was in the middle of the Wraith's Woods. He'd taken off after an interesting looking moth and when he turned around he couldn't find hide nor hair of his brother and despite his calls he received no answer. Aureus bit his lip. He didn't want to say he was lost… but he was totally lost. He tipped his head to gaze up at the moon which was just starting to rise as clouds moved in. He couldn't remember where the moon rose from… did it rise in the east like the sun?

Readjusting himself he started heading in what he thought was the north, hoping that he'd find the edge of the forest soon. It was fun and exciting when he was with his brother but now that he was alone he was starting to feel very scared.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
10-22-2018, 05:20 PM
She didn’t often have business in Auster, but there had been a few herbs that Vail had spoken about, that Shaye had wanted to find as a gift for her sister. She had heard that some could be found in Southern lands, and had crossed the sandbar as she put considerable effort not thinking about Malleus and his pack.

She had spent the day chasing her tail, so to speak, and had found only one of the herbs she had been looking for. Tucking it into a leaf she had wrapped about her leg for the purpose of gathering, she had continued her fruitless search much longer then she should have. When day turned to night, the land seemed to take on a different atmosphere, sounds in the trees struck her as unusual. But, it made sense that the South would have creatures that she was not as familiar with as those in the North, right?

A particularly spiteful own hooted at her just as she passed its perch, and her fur stuck on end in surprise. She spat at the creature, startling it into flight, as she attempted to smooth back her fur and shake off her surprise. She was six years old, she wasn’t afraid of things that went bump in the night. She was making a fool of herself, and was simply grateful that there was no one around to see it.

The next creature she heard rustling through the woods, she would begin to stalk. To prove to herself just how foolish she was being, and to get a late night snack. She crept through the woods as quietly as she was able, until the scent of them struck her. Was that another wolf? In her surprise she let herself be seen, and in tern would see the wolf. He was a young creature, with an interesting smattering of brown across his coat. The lighter shades of him glowed in the moonlight. But, worst of all, he smelt like Mallus. She hid her groan. What was she getting herself into now?

“Oh, Hi there, do you know these lands?” she asked the younger wolf softly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Aureus

Loner
Mantle

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

10-27-2018, 01:16 PM

Aureus continued walking through the forest, jumping at the haunting call of a screech owl. Ok, he had to be getting close. Or, he thought he was until he saw the looming shadows in the distance that indicated canyon walls. Aureus was no expert on geography but he had heard stories about the Bent Canyon from his cousin Ashiel. He new the canyon was in the east which was not where he wanted to go. Aurry grumbled to himself but he felt a bit better to have a landmark. If the canyon was to the east then he just needed to go in the opposite direction to get back home. With a grin on his face he pivoted and started walking in the opposite direction.

Nearly an hour later his mood was somber again. He was cold and he was hungry and it felt like he'd been walking forever. With a huff the boy sat down. His feet were tired and rest sounded good… until he realized that sitting still suddenly made every noise seem louder and more sinister. He swore he heard pawsteps, and they were getting closer. Aureus leapt to his feet and turned to see a large woman standing there. His fur stood straight on end but as she spoke in a rather soft, gentle voice he gazed at her warily and then grinned, puffing up his chest. "Oh, well, I wouldn't say I know, know them, but I'm familiar with them. Do you need directions? I know where the canyon is!"

Ardent

Administrator

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
10-28-2018, 09:15 AM
Treat!

Aureus gets a treat!

Luckily for Aureus, although he's gotten lost it seems like luck is on his side today, as he finds a friendly face who can hopefully help redirect him. Aureus gains 16 gems!

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

10-30-2018, 07:31 PM
The wolf before her seemed nervous at first, before he drew in on his inner courage, and beamed up at her. Bolstered by goodness knows what, he reminded her a little more of his confident Alpha.. Or was that Father? She took a few more speculative sniffs as she considered.
She was almost amused.
She had brokered and alliance with the man, and part of the deal with shelter for his pups, so she supposed that made it her responsibility to make sure he got out of being lost in one piece. Assuming of course that he was lost?

She laughed at his brass, he had all the confidence in the world for one so young. “I didn’t even know there was a canyon, so you’ve already got one over me for directions.” she admitted with a grin. “Still, your part of the Abraxa’s Empire, right? The Grapevine Catedral is a bit of a walk from here.” she raised a brow at the pup, silently asking how he had gotten so far. Of course, she was a little turned around herself, but she figured she could find her way back to the pack lands with the pup in tow if needed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Aureus

Loner
Mantle

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

11-04-2018, 11:18 AM

When she admitted that Aureus knew more than she did, he beamed. See? He was practically an adult and ready and definitely as smart as one. Though, the woman soon proved her own perception. She picked him out as an Abraxas and even knew where they lived. He eyed her for a moment. "Have we met? You don't look familiar." He'd seen a lot of faces and the meeting but he was certain he'd remember the blue feather. Besides she smelt like a pack wolf, but the scent was different than Risen. "What's your name anyway? You smell like pack but I don't know what all the packs are."

Aureus suddenly grinned. "Hey! Maybe you can tell me about the packs. Do you want me to show you how to get to the canyon?"

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

11-04-2018, 06:35 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pup looked overjoyed to discover he knew a piece of the land that she did not. She hid her smile, tail swishing slowly behind her as she considered the dark, spooky night, and the potentially lost pup she had stumbled upon. She was surprised that Malleus would let his pups wonder so freely - but then, maybe she was not. The Abraxa’s name was quickly becoming well known and feared. Perhaps he relied upon their reputation and promise of retaliation to keep his young safe.

Still only guessing that he was an offspring of the Alpha, Shaye would dip her head in acknowledgment, amused still there on her maw. “No, I hadn’t yet had the pleasure. I’ve met Malleus, you see.” she explained. “I’m Shaye Destruction, i’m from a pack called Abaven that’s located in Boreas.” she would happily explain to the boy. She paused a moment, deliberating. “Alright, how about you show me the canyon, and i’ll answer any questions you have about the packs.” she decided

"Speech"

Aureus

Loner
Mantle

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

12-01-2018, 02:21 PM
ooc: So sorry for the delay! Thought I had replied to this

Aureus cocked his head to the side when the woman said she knew Malleus, but then he supposed he wasn't all that surprised. Malleus seemed to know everything and everyone. The woman introduced herself as Shaye Destruction of Abaven and he wondered at her last name. That was the sort of name that called to mind scary warriors bent on conquest but while Shaye was big and looked like she could be a fighter she didn't seem to be an ogre that would go around smashing things.

He was pleased that she was going to accompany him. "Ok, follow me! We need to go this way." He turned to his right toward what he thought was the right way to the canyon. Scampering through the darkened forest was still spooky but he felt much better with company and a topic to keep his mind off the weirdness of the woods. Oh boy so many questions. Where should he even start.

"Ok, let me think. Uhhh.. ok so how many packs are there? Are there any bent on conquest or are most peaceful? Oh, and what do you think makes Abaven special? Like, why do you live there?"

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

01-01-2019, 02:18 PM
The pup seemed to be a happy natured wolf, eager and pleased, and clearly not frightened of the dark forest, and odd noises that seemed to stray their way. Shaye was mostly curious, trying to identify any noise that spoke out in the night. It had been a long time since she had lived in Auster, and couldn’t remember the night wildlife here very well.

The young wolf spoke up eagerily, and she grinned, shaking her head in amusement at the social lax. “And what was your name?” she asked of him, not at all surprised that the pup was more eager to get on with exploring then he was at introducing himself.

“There are Eight packs that I know of. Quite a few of them are peaceful. I don’t yet know the intent of Erovrare and Legion, they are both very new packs. Abaven is special because my Uncle created the pack before I was born, I live there because I am its Alpha.” gentle amusement crept into her tone.

Aureus

Loner
Mantle

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

01-12-2019, 02:52 PM

Aureus jauntily navigated through the forest, sidestepping a tree here, bounding around a boulder there. The forest was still pretty spooky but with company he was emboldened. "Oh! My name is Aureus Abraxas." He'd gotten so interested in their conversation he'd forgotten to introduce himself. Now that that bit was out of the way he was all ears as she explained that there were eight packs she new of. "Wow! Eight? That's a lot more than I thought there was." He supposed that made sense. The world was a lot bigger than he could even fathom. Still, as far as he knew there were no packs in Auster except for the Risen Empire.

Shaye went on to explain that most were peaceful but that there were two packs called Erovrare and Legion that were new. Aureus committed the names to memory, eager to share them with his dad. His jaw dropped when she mentioned she was the alpha of Abaven. Golly! He'd been talking with another alpha this whole time? "That's so cool! My dad is an alpha but I don't really want to be one. I want to be a great warrior." He scrambled around a particularly large oak tree and then grinned as he saw the stone walls of the canyon peering over the tops of the trees, it's mouth looming just ahead.

"Here we are! Here's the canyon!" He felt proud of himself and suddenly a lot better now that he had his bearings. Aureus would have liked to stay with Shaye and chat more but he realized he really needed to get back home. His brother was out there somewhere and he needed to find him. "It was nice to meet you Shaye but I better get home. Maybe we'll meet again some day?" He grinned and scampered back through the woods

-exit-