gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
12-09-2018, 12:28 AM
Odysseus' steps were slow and deliberate as he wandered his new home. He wanted to become familiar with the lands as quickly as possible. Ignorance, in his opinion, wasn't bliss and him being a stranger to the land wouldn't do anyone (certainly not himself) any good. He wouldn't sleep well anywhere in Abaven until he had the terrain memorized.

His scouting served several purposes. The first was, of course, to familiarize himself with the land. The second was to find a spot for him to den and the third was to meet some of his new packmates, or at the very least become familiar with their frequent haunts.

At Olafur's urging Odysseus paused to look over a massive oak tree. Some of its roots were exposed and the stoic giant could see what looked like a gap between them and the large boulder that had at one time hampered their growth. It was promising. His companion could make use of the tree and he could - maybe - widen the hole at the base for a den.

Odysseus has a male rhesus macaque companion named Olafur. Unless he's mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Odysseus.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
12-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Rhyme loped through the plains on his way back to the rapids, his tree in mind. Many wolves in Boreas took the time to make dens beneath the ground. The slate marked alpha preferred to sleep out in the open. He was more aware of his surroundings, if something was amiss the tall wolf could react quicker. He was always awake with the sunrise, though he tried to make a patrol in the middle of the night. After being a slave for so long he didn’t much like surprises and tried to always be ready.

Because of his frequent night outings Rhyme liked to also take a small nap at some point during the day. With the sun nearing its zenith Rhyme would find a nice patch of sunlight and enjoy. Of course it wasn’t always so easy.

Imperia deigned to use him as her mount, and while he was focused on the path ahead of him the raven saw their newest member by a mature tree. She unfolded her wings and cracked loudly. Rhyme stopped at the signal, his eyes searching the direction she had indicated, seeing the newest member of Abaven. Shaye had told him of the new member briefly and he hadn’t sought him out yet. Odysseus, he believed was the name. He also owed him a thanks, Shaye had been very detailed in retelling her tale. He’d tried not to be too tough on her after that, even though he’d wanted to chastise her for being so careless.

Rhyme changed directions and headed toward the stranger, Imperia took to the wing and raced him there. Her large form landed in the big oak long before Rhyme was close enough to offer greetings. Imperia offered a few cracks before Rhyme was close enough to say, "Good Morning."
""

Odysseus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
12-15-2018, 11:21 PM
Odysseus' gaze was briefly drawn away from the tree as a large black shape swooped into his peripheral. He glanced in the direction, recognized the blur as a raven, and then watched as it landed in the tree he'd been inspecting.

Before either he or Oly could comment on it a voice to their left drew their combined gaze away.

Approaching them was a tall, dark-colored male. He rivaled Odysseus in height but was of a considerably leaner build. The way he carried himself suggested he was of some importance although it was hard to say at a distance if Odysseus was dealing with Shaye's partner or a high ranking packmate.

Odysseus, his expression quite serious despite his efforts to soften it, dipped his head politely and then rumbled, "To you as well. I hope I'm not encroaching on your space here." He motioned to their surroundings. It would make sense for someone to have claimed this spot already. The tree was quite the landmark and in his opinion it made this location a prime spot.

Odysseus has a male rhesus macaque companion named Olafur. Unless he's mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Odysseus.

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

12-16-2018, 11:52 AM
Rhyme guessed that the man was finding a den for himself, and he couldn’t help but admire the similar choice in destination. Though the Imperialis did not sleep under the earth he did have a favored large mature tree to sleep under. Though he had chosen a maple, the whirly-gig seeds were much more amusing than acorns falling on his head. He smiled at the similar greeting but shook his head as Ody was unsure if he’d claimed an already claimed spot.

He drew near enough for comfortable conversation and seated himself. "No, not at all." Rhyme assured him. "Rhyme Imperialis, Shaye’s second. I assumed you were Odysseus?" He asked with a quick tilt of his head with his half question.
""

Odysseus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
12-16-2018, 02:30 PM
Odysseus wasn't surprised to learn that Shaye's partner already knew his name. Injured as she was, the woman got around. Of course her partner could have come to her, but he got the feeling the odds of that being the case versus Shaye seeking him out were about even.

"I am indeed. It's a pleasure to meet you, Rhyme." He swept an appreciate glance across their surroundings before turning his attention back to Rhyme. "My companion and I are trying to find a good place to make our own. It's not been easy; Abaven has quite the collection of territories."

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

12-16-2018, 07:41 PM
Rhyme’s attention became quickly drawn to the primate that accompanied the man. He couldn’t help but eye his paws a bit enviously, curious about how crafty its hands were. Rhyme turned his gaze back to Odysseus features as his assumption was affirmed. He explained further, this was a candidate for his new den. Rhyme found his gaze travelling up the trunk of the old tree.

"And you as well. Not a bad choice," again he found himself reminded of what he had claimed as his maple tree. "I also hear I owe you thanks for getting Shaye back home." He looked back down the trunk at Ody as he spoke of Shaye’s misfortune.
""

Odysseus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Trick 2019
01-12-2019, 12:07 PM
"I also hear I owe you thanks for getting Shaye back home." At this comment Odysseus chuckled. Against his better judgement he was beginning to find Shaye's stubbornness charming. It made her a taxing patient, but if he looked past that, the characteristic was oddly endearing.

"I think," he hedged, still chuckling, "She would have found her way home without me. I just provided a nagging voice to run away from." Of course he'd tended her wounds as well, but no doubt she'd have gritted her teeth and drug herself home with nothing but sheer force of will to propel her.

"Odysseus" and "Olafur"  

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

01-12-2019, 03:22 PM
Odysseus was obviously well acquainted with Shaye’s stubborn ways, she wasn’t quite on the same level of his father but enough it was easy to see. His cousin was determined, which was one of the reasons he felt so comfortable being her second. The warrior chuckled amusedly at his words even as he continued to say that she would have made it back even without his help. Rhyme joined in the mirth, they weren’t exactly making fun of her but both knowing her tandancies was amusing. "She is quite determined. That’s one reason Abaven is even still here." If she hadn’t been so tenacious what was founded by their family would have no longer been standing here. "Hopefully she settles down enough to heal properly." He added, knowing sitting still was the bane of her existence.
""