size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

Pride - AsexualDouble MasterValentines 2020Trick 2019
12-22-2018, 07:56 PM
Aerndis had been feeling adventurous. An island had caught her attention and she'd decided to go ahead and swim over to it. The island was large and lovely and she trotted along the sandy beaches, pausing now and then to shake the water from her coat. She hoped there'd be something interesting to hunt while she was here but she did enjoy the night all the same. However, it wasn't just the gorgeous sandy beaches there was also a great expanse of sky and the stars looked incredible. She found a night place to sit down and just as she turned her face to the sky again she saw a shooting star. A sign of good luck! Aerndis finally settled down, tucking her paws underneath her as she watched the stars streak across the sky.

Ivy I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
12-22-2018, 09:18 PM
Ivy wasn't quite sure what had enticed her to swim to the nearby island, especially at the end of autumn, but she wanted to know exactly what sort of terrain surrounded Kesali's lands. The cold weather wouldn't deter her, not when she had her mind set on something, but that wouldn't help warm her up once she made the short swim to its shores. By the time she padded up the sandy beach, she was shivering from the cold and attempting to shake the water from her coat, hoping the additional movement might warm herself up.

This looked like quite the lovely place, but it was difficult to fully tell in the dark of night. Only the stars and moon overhead illuminated this place, and though it was easy enough to navigate across the beach it didn't exactly lend itself to the best atmosphere for exploration. Letting out a soft sigh, she saw a glimpse of light shifting overhead, and briefly lifted her head to the sky to watch as a streak of stars danced across the sky. The Wreckage was only distracted by the sight temporarily before the scent of a stranger arrested her attention, and she slowed her casual pace as she neared the female. "You ever see anything like this?" Ivy asked curiously, gesturing toward the sky with her slender muzzle.

Aerndis

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

12-31-2018, 10:26 PM

Sometimes Aerndis wondered what was really out there in the sky. What made the lights? What made them dance and streak across the sky? She was so lost in thought that she almost didn't hear the sound of the woman approaching her. Her nose picked up on the others scent and she turned to see a light grey woman who only seemed to be a year or so older than her. The woman seemed friendly enough so Aerndis smiled at her before answering. "No, I haven't. It's really lovely. Have you seen the stars dance like this before?"

A sudden call caught her attention as a dark shape swooped down from the sky. It was Rudolph with a dead snake clasped firmly in his beak. He eyed the strange woman for a moment before setting the snake down and securing it with the talons of one foot, just in case it were to spontaneously come back to life again

Ivy I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
01-06-2019, 03:30 PM
Ivy couldn't help but be captured by the beautiful display above, watching as the stars danced across the night sky, the sight like nothing she'd ever seen before. It reminded her, if but for a moment, of just how small she was - completely insignificant in the larger scheme of things, despite her importance to her family around her - and she breathed a sigh as these wistful thoughts temporarily swept her away from the present moment.

The stranger's answer jerked her promptly back to reality, and she offered a tight-lipped smile to Aerndis. Even in the pale moonlight she could note that the younger woman's pelt was an array of gorgeous colors, reminding her of a summer sky just before dusk. This continent surely held its fair share of gorgeous wolves, she thought to herself silently. "I can't say I have," Ivy admitted, finding no difficulty in saying there were things she'd never seen or experienced, despite her pride. "Though since leaving my homelands to come here, I have to admit... I've been experiencing more things than I expected to." Her voice held a rare hint of playfulness as her attention shifted to Aerndis's companion as it swooped down, holding something limply in a set of its talons.

Aerndis

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

01-12-2019, 12:33 PM

Aerndis continued to watch the stars for a few more moments. She'd come here to explore this land but the spectacle in the sky was taking up all of her attention. She suddenly realized she hadn't introduced herself. "I'm Aerndis by the way, welcome to Boreas. I'm afraid I don't know much about this land in particular. I only just started exploring this region. This is my companion, Rudolph." Rudolph dipped his head in greeting before tearing into the snake, wolfing down great chunks of it. Aerndis hadn't cared much for serpents. A bit to bony. There was only so much crunch she cared to get from her meal.

"Do you know much about the stars?" She knew a few things about navigating by looking at the stars but not much. She knew Rudolph would know but he currently was stuffing his face and she figured she'd ask. If anything it might start up a conversation.

Ivy I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
01-20-2019, 10:48 AM
At her welcome, Ivy offered a pleasant, tight-lipped smile.  "Thank you. My name's Ivy Wreckage." While initially she'd been hesitant to settle in these lands, Ivy hadn't expected the lands surrounding Kesali's lands to be so... vastly unique. There was much to explore, so much in fact that she doubted she would become completely familiar with the surrounding lands for many years to come. Perhaps settling down here wouldn't be so bad after all, not that she would be the first to admit that to Branch or any of her other siblings.  "Pleasure to meet you both," she offered with a curt dip of her muzzle as she looked from Rudolph back to Aerndis.

"Truthfully, I don't," Ivy admitted, a hint of wistfulness audible in her voice. "I'd love to learn if I ever find someone who knows. I'm much more.. practical in my interests, I suppose." The Wreckage family in general seemed to lean toward the more practical side of things, though she was on a constant search for knowledge and there was little that didn't honestly interest her.  "What about you, Aerndis?" Her gaze lifted back to the skies, watching them with a hint of longing in her eyes.

Aerndis

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

01-31-2019, 05:03 PM

The woman introduced herself as Ivy Wreckage. She didn't know much about the stars but was curious to learn. Aerndis cocked her head to the side as the woman stated she focused on much more practical interests. "Oh? Like what?" Personally, she found star gazing practical when it came to navigating but that was where her interests lied. Other wolves had other interests. A healer might find plants to be particularly practical and important to know. Aerndis just couldn't get all that interested. Well, she supposed she could but there were other quests as far as knowledge that were more important to her.

"I know a little, but I'd like to know more. I know that the tip of the baby bear's tail points north and if you have trouble finding the baby bear you can look at the two stars that make up the momma bears chest. They'll point right toward the baby bear's tail." She chuckled. "Sorry, I'm rambling. Do you know which constellation is the baby bear? I could point it out to you if you're curious."

Ivy I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
02-07-2019, 10:02 AM

The way Aerndis asked that question made her double back and wonder if she'd been too presumptuous in thinking star-gazing wasn't practical. She knew that watching the cloud patterns, and the sky in general, could be quite useful in predicting what sort of weather was to come... perhaps the stars held similar signs. She wasn't sure, but she could see how they could be useful in navigation. But enough of that train of thought. She collected her thoughts for a moment before speaking. "I like to... collect and craft things," she admitted after some thought.  "Though I suppose not all of my inventions are practical ones." Ivy added as an afterthought, shrugging her slender shoulders as she considered it more carefully.

The younger female said she knew some, but wanted to know more, and she nodded in appreciation of that sentiment. Ivy lifted her gaze back to the sky and tried to make out the figure she was speaking of, but she was struggling. Though proud, she wasn't too proud to admit she couldn't figure something out. "I'm honestly not too sure," she admitted, squinting as she traced whatever shapes she could find in the stars. "Mind pointing me in the right direction?" She cast Aerndis a curious look, smiling gently now.

Aerndis

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

02-17-2019, 11:57 AM

Interest peaked she glanced at Ivy as she stated that she liked to collect and craft things. She'd seen wolves who, often with the aid of a companion, crafted some truly interesting items. "Oh, interesting! What sorts of things do you craft? Do you have a companion to help you?" She wanted to craft things but she knew she was limited in what she could do. Rudolph was probably more coordinated but his sharp beak and talons weren't necessarily delicate enough for a number of tasks. Maybe she could pick up some tips from Ivy.

Mind pointing me in the right direction?

Aerndis nodded, excited to share what she knew with another wolf. She turned and pointed with her paw in the general vicinity. "See those four slightly brighter stars that almost form a box? That's the little bear's body, the three that curve off of it are the tail. The tip points north." She hoped that information would be helpful to the other woman.

Ivy I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
03-31-2019, 12:29 PM
The younger female seem interested by her words, and she quirked a slow smile.  "Oh, you know.. this and that," she started, though quickly decided being specific would likely sate the girl's curiosity better. "I suppose it depends what the situation calls for. I'm especially good with drying pelts and fastening them into things. I once made a sling to wear around a wolf's neck with a bag attached to it," she explained, quite proudly, her smile widening a touch. "I don't have a companion to help, but.. maybe someday." The way she shrugged and spoke with wariness in her voice made it clear it wouldn't be someday soon. Her trust issues would see to that, though she wouldn't readily disclose that to anyone, especially a near-stranger.

She was curious as to what Aerndis was referring to, and she shuffled a bit closer so she could properly see where her paw was lifting toward. She found the four brighter stars that seemed to form a square, and nodded. Her gaze swept down the back of the makeshift bear, to the tip of the tail that apparently pointed to the north. Aerndis was right - she was looking straight to the north, or what she knew as the north, as Kesali's lands were just slightly east of where she was looking. "That's good to know," Ivy finally lowered her head to glance over at Aerndis with that same faint smile. "I appreciate the tip. Might help me someday. I should continue my exploration though. You're free to join me if you'd like," Ivy offered, though stood and moved to begin her scouting of the island, under the dark of night.

- exit Ivy -