ardent

Just call me devil

Vlad

gems
size
build
player
12-20-2018, 11:06 PM

He moved with silent grace, his quarry lay within these lands from what he could figure. Or at least one of them did. Though this border held the scent of yet another of the runaways. The more useful, if his father had just done what he would of and separated the boy from his mother when they were captured. He would of made a wonderful warrior but now there was a price on his head. Though the one he was more apt to want was the son of Toxic. Toxic for some reason wanted the useless boy back. With his twisted paw the boy was only good for the man to take his anger out on. It was none of Vlad's bussiness what the twisted man did with his worthless son. HE was being paid to bring him back or destroy him. Though if this pack wanted his well enough and thought they could make the useless lad into something, his freedom might be bought through the word of Vlad's mouth. Honestly Toxic could of chose a better man than the headhunter for the job, but then again he was well trained and his tracking skills were unrivaled. His green eyes eyed the border and he debated moving in or staying. This was honestly too much trouble. But Vlad had been paid for the head of Epitaph, Rhyme, Rhythm, and Aria. Those that escaped would probably dread seeing or scenting him. "Come Epitaph and Rhyme, you two have been found." he made his booming voice known then with a deep howl, one that said his quarry had been found.

Walk, "Talk", Think

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
12-23-2018, 11:09 AM
It was happening. Rhyme lifted his head from the abdomen of the deer he had been tearing into at the sound of the call. Blood stained his face and chest, the red liquid showing brilliantly on his white paws. He called Imperia and Solitude to him and he rushed to action. With little effort he called out to Odysseus and Acere, tentatively he called for his apprentice Ignis as well to meet him at the border. His mind was racing, but found the thought of Vladimir lingering at the border oddly polite for a head hunter. Maybe he wasn’t as reckless as Rhyme remembered.

Like he had wings of his own Rhyme appeared before the massive Hunter. He kept his chin tucked and his dark hackles were raised, with narrowed suspicious eyes as he bared his teeth at the hunter. Rhyme wanted to rush at him, there was too much at stake to let him return to the slaver’s pack. He had children on the way, wolves to protect.

"Leave now, Vlad." He commanded with all the authority of his position. "While you can still walk." There didn’t seem to be any other scents on him, likely Toxic had sent him alone, much too confident in the Head Hunter’s ability. Rhyme had two more impressive warriors to back him up, the battle had been won before Vladimir even appeared.
""

Vlad

gems
size
build
player
12-23-2018, 11:44 AM
It took more moments and one of the escapees appeared. He eyed the other Male as he demanded. Boredom with this was written on his face. "Why should I leave rhyme? My quarry is in front of me, though we have little care about you. It's really epitaph I'd rather bring back, I'm being paid well for his return." he left out the fact that he was being paid for Aria and rhythm as well. He may be bored but it was clear he was in a more pleasant mood. He lowered his haunches prepared to wait for epitaph, well aware the boy would come as quickly as he could when called.

"Between you and me though, you would of been of more use to us as a hunter or warrior." he wasn't one to hold back his thoughts nor to care much beyond what he had been paid for. He watched Rhyme with disinterest. "Truth be told the quarry I've been given is rather boring. He's almost not worth the bear pelt I was promised. And your price wasn't even enough to cover the headache of finding you and fighting you into submission." a yawn left his maw. He may be the head hunter but it was always a matter of payment and convenience with him.

Odysseus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

Trick 2019
12-23-2018, 07:52 PM
After ensuring Epitaph was tucked away safely, Odysseus answered his alpha's call. He arrived on the scene in time to catch the tail end of the stranger's monologue. It was just enough for him to answer several questions he'd been considering since Epitaph had been found.

Without a word he ghosted up beside Rhyme and stood at the ready; a calm yet minacious presence. Had he the authority he'd have force claimed the flesh peddler on the spot for no other reason than to undermine the machismo he exuded. Doing so would have stopped whatever threat the male posed immediately so he could only hope Rhyme had the sense to either do it or pass the task off to him.

"Odysseus" and "Olafur"

Odysseus has a male rhesus macaque companion named Olafur. Unless he's mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Odysseus.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
12-24-2018, 07:35 PM
Ace was patrolling with Ignis, the pair marking the borders and Ace was using it as an opportunity to teach the soon-to-be yearling about protecting the borders. "If you ever come across a strange or unknown scent that isn't a pack member, it is advised to investigate, but you do it safely. Otherwise, you call for someone to help you out, especially if they're hostile." He marked the border before continuing, "Of course you'll soon be big enough to take on most things on your own, but you're still inexperienced. And an inexperienced wolf trying to tackle someone who could be more experienced won't end well for you." Ignis seemed to understand, and Ace was proud of how far he was coming and was excited to see how far the boy could go.

They were nearly done with their patrol on this side of the territory, and Ace figured that his nephew deserved a reward for his good work. "Good work Ignis. Now how about some lu--" He fell silent when he heard Rhyme's howl, and Ace took a moment as he turned his attention in the direction it came from. It seemed there was trouble at the border. He and Ignis exchanged a quick glance before he headed off in that direction, his nephew following close behind. They both moved fast, practically barreling across the lands. He wondered if it had something to do with their recent arrival, the male that had been found practically dying at the borders. Ace knew he was under protection, so he had a feeling this might be someone that came looking for him.

Ace and Ignis slowed when a small group of wolves came into view, and he noticed that Rhyme and Odysseus were facing off against a stranger. He was close enough to hear what the male had said, and it didn't settle well with him at all. Narrowed crimson gaze watched for a moment before motioning to Ignis to go with the other two, while he quietly slipped around outside the borders towards the stranger. Quickly and quietly, Ace strolled up behind the man like a cat stalking its prey. Stopping about six feet from Vlad. Had he been able to hear Odysseus' thoughts, he would have supported the man one hundred percent. "For someone who claims to be the best in what he does, you made a fatal mistake by coming here alone, headhunter. He said the word with a mocking tone. He stood at his full height with his tail raised over his back in a dominant manner, crimson gaze staring maliciously at the man.

While Ace had changed a lot during his time on earth, one thing that didn't change was his sense of right and wrong. Sure, Elias had slaves in his pack, but Ace didn't like the idea. Had he the power to change that at the time, he would have. But he didn't. Now, however, he could do something about it. "You're going to regret having come here. I hope your rewards were worth it." He said in a cold, calm voice.

***Fight starts here***

Without waiting further, Ace launched himself at the man in an attempt to close the distance between them. If the man's back was still towards him, he sought to slam the entirety of his chest against his hind end in a fervent attempt to unbalance him and knock him to the ground. While he launched at the man, he set his defenses. Ears pinned tightly against his skull, crimson gaze narrowed and his lips had peeled back to expose yellowed fangs. His head lowered to align with his spine, along with his tail flagging out for balance. Chin tucked to cover his throat, hackles raised along his spine while his scruff bunched for added protection. He distributed his weight evenly with legs spread equidistant apart for better balance.

As Ace sought to slam into Vlad, he would throw his forelegs up in an attempt to wrap his forelegs around each of the man's thighs. His left foreleg aimed to wrap around Vlad's left hind leg, while his right foreleg sought to wrap around the right side. His goal was to get a grip around the man's hind legs with his own (Ace's) paws seeking to claw the inside of Vlad's thighs. He wanted to pull the man towards him and keep him from moving, or simply hold him in place as he assaulted him. Ace's hind legs spread a little wider to make up for the lack of his front paws on the ground. Ace then opened his jaws wide, his head snaking forward and tilting to his left slightly as he sought to aim a painful if not crippling bite at Vlad's spine. Top fangs aimed to pierce the left side of Vlad's spine, while bottom fangs sought to pierce and grip directly opposite.

He wanted to force this sorry excuse for a creature to submit, and to teach him that he had made a grave error in coming here. Not only that, but Ace would make sure he knew where his place would be in this world. The slaver would become a slave. And Ace had no remorse for these types of creatures. This was very much evident in his assault on the man. Vlad would regret having come here. And he would make sure of that.

Acere VS Vlad for FORCE CLAIM
Round: I/?
Height: 45"
Build: Heavy

speech Thought Quote

Ignis

"You become the monster you fear the most"

Loner

Master Fighter (625)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon

Snake EyesLoserOoh La LaWinnerSamhain 2022Statue 3 Worship
OverachieverSocialiteCritical Observation!Critical Attack!Ooh La LaScarred
Critical Block!Dream WeaverAll Oozed OutDouble MasterPride - BisexualThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 31KVolcanoValentines 2020Critical Hit!Christmas 2019
Trick 2019
12-24-2018, 08:20 PM
"Talk" Walk

He was enjoying the lesson with his uncle. He was getting the experience he needed to properly patrol and guard the borders, and he would certainly remember this when he was finally allowed to patrol on his own. His first birthday was quickly approaching, and he couldn't wait to be able to do the things he normally wasn't allowed to because he was so young. His uncle explained to him the importance of safely patrolling and stuff in the event he encountered anyone that wasn't a pack members. He nodded along, knowing to heed his uncle's words. He knew his uncle was right on the inexperienced part, and he knew it was a fact. The crimson boy was still too inexperienced to tackle a serious fight on his own, but he hoped that in time, he would be as great a fighter as his uncle. When they were finishing their last round on this side of Abaven, his uncle began to speak and Ignis' tail started to wag. But his uncle's words were cut short as a howl from Rhyme captured their attention.

He glanced at his uncle for a moment before they both headed off in the direction where Rhyme was. It didn't take long for them to get there since they moved at such a quick pace, and when the others came into view, Ignis could hear what the stranger was saying. His ears flattened to his skull. What was he talking about? Was that guy like his dad? A slaver of some sort? He knew his father's failed pack had lambs, and they were basically the equivalent of slaves. Though Ignis didn't understand it at the time, he did not. And he didn't really like that. His uncle told him to go stand with the others, and Ignis obeyed.

He stood on the other side of Rhyme, though just a little bit further back. He wasn't sure what was going on here, so he stayed quiet and watched. He kept his gaze on the stranger, adopting the same stances and attitude that Rhyme and Odysseus had. Before he knew it, his uncle came up behind the brown male and spoke. Next thing he knew, his uncle had launched himself at the offending wolf. Ignis' fur rose with excitement. He finally got to see his uncle in a real fight! And with someone the same size as him! This guy would definitely regret coming here!

Ignis has a pair of Sika Deer antlers that are not depicted in his artwork (yet).
Ignis is unpredictable and may become violent with little or no provocation due to his "demon" schizophrenia inherited in his bloodline! Consider this your warning!
*Ignis' tail is docked, and his left ear has been torn away and now resembles a Battle crop style.

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Sea

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
12-25-2018, 07:47 PM

She knew something was going on at the border, and made her way there the moment she heard the howl. She arrived after her warriors, and was pleased at the show of force, even before fully grasping the situation. She and Rhyme had them all on high alert after finding Epith,and this showed that they had been listening.

She moved next to Rhythm, and looked across at the wolf, and Ace, who had already engaged the stranger. She narrowed her eyes as she took in the fight. It was good for them to react, but she needed more information, and fast. “Rhyme, catch me up” she told him softly, bending her head close to the boy and tilting her ear towards his muzzle, so he could speak soft and quickly until she knew exactly what was going on.

If she felt anything at being in close proximity to the man, not a single wisp of it showed on her features.

"Talk" "You" Think

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Vlad

gems
size
build
player
12-27-2018, 03:52 PM
Ooc: probably a shitty fight post but I can say I at least tried.

More appeared and Vlad frowned at Rhyme. For such a confident man he sure did the pussy ass thing and called for backup. Honestly Vlad had thought better of him. His ears twitched at the sound of paws behind him. It didn't surprise him after watching another Male come to flank rhyme. Well it seemed rhyme needed others to fight his battles then. His eyes narrowed. His head turned to face the white Male behind him, the words spouted were ridiculous, he had never claimed to be the best. He certainly wouldn't regret it either. "Toxic only pays the successful. Though my payment for bringing word of either the boys death or the boy himself is worth it to me..."

He lifted his hindquarters and turned as the Male launched at him. Seemed this one knew how to have fun, but today vlad wasn't looking to play. His hips would be now to the left of their original position as his lips peeled back in a guttural snarl. The males teeth would meet his side directly beside his spine, to the right, causing blood to well up and gush. The males paws missed their mark, his nails scraping down his side and upper leg. His hackles raised and he aimed to return the bite. His jaws aimed to close over the man's face, the top and bottom of his jaw aiming to be on both sides of his head. His aim was for his canine to pierce the man's right eye, hoping to cause blindness in it or at least a bite that may become an infection later on. A savage nature shone in his narrowed eyes. His legs spread to even his weight as his body tensed ready to take on more than just this one.

The scent of pregnant female found it's way to him but he was focused elsewhere. This Male had attempted to paralyze him with a spinal bite so he deserved any injury that came to him. His tail lifted to aid his balance. His ears pinned to protect them. It was good to see this pack were full of dumb ass bastards that didn't value speaking first.

Vlad v acere for maim(blinding in right eye)
1/2 moves
45" and heavy build
(Please take as long as necessary I'd like to do a full spar and have it judged so I know where I need to improve.)

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
12-29-2018, 05:54 PM
He tasted blood, satisfied that his teeth had made contact even if it wasn't where he originally intended. He failed in pulling the other male towards him, feeling his claws and paws scrape against Vlad's upper leg instead. He immediately replanted his forepaws on the ground, ready to make his next move. Ace was confident enough that he was sure he would be able to bring this man to his knees. When Vlad turned to try and bite his face, Ace reared up. He sought to throw his upper chest up against Vlad's lower jaw in an effort to slam the jaw shut with the hopes of bruising it and potentially forcing the man to bite his own tongue, while simultaneously seeking to wrap his forelegs around Vlad's neck [COUNTER]. Left foreleg sought to wrap around Vlad's right side and right foreleg sought to wrap around the left. His claws also sought to grip into fur and flesh in order to try and hold the man in place. His goal was to bear hug Vlad and to keep him from moving.

Ace's hind legs remained spread equidistant apart with his weight rocking on his hind paws. His tail remained flagged out for balance, toes spread, claws biting the earth to better help with it. Hackles remained raised, eyes narrowed, and his ears pinned securely to his head. Muzzle wrinkled in a snarl which in turn, scrunched up his face to further protect his eyes. Ace then tilted his head downward, jaws open as he aimed to wrap his jaws vertically over Vlad's own face. His upper jaw sought to grip and pierce right where the base of Vlad's left ear was, and his lower jaw sought to do the same just below his opponent's left eye. He wanted to gain control of the man's head and cause pain and possible temporary blindness with his own blood, and force him to submit If Vlad wanted to play that game, then Ace was more than happy to play it.

Acere VS Vlad for FORCE CLAIM
Round: II/II
Height: 45"
Build: Heavy

speech Thought Quote

Rhyme I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
12-29-2018, 08:51 PM
Rhyme didn’t hold fear of Vlad, his only fear had been the threat of violence against his mother. The Imperilais shouldn’t have given the headhunter a chance to escape, but he had responsibilities now. He was an alpha, and he had the future of his children to think about. Vladimir couldn’t be allowed to succeed here, even if he got his wish and took back only Epitaph. Rhyme would have fought to the death before that happened. Vlad might have seemed bored with this encounter, but he wasn’t going to be going anywhere unscathed.

Odysseus was quick to answer the call, his form appeared beside him as Acere flanked the trespasser. Ignis even answered the call and Rhyme couldn’t have been more sure of the defeat of this enemy. He knew many more would replace this one, but he would take victory where he could get it. Rhyme didn’t have any time to reply to the man as Acere spoke everything he might have. He didn’t care what Vlad thought of him, he’d never had Rhyme’s respect.

He barely noticed Shaye finding her way to his side, though his heart might have wanted to reach out to her his head was too focused on the battle taking hand before them. "A headhunter from the slaver’s pack." He told her, relaxing only slightly. "His name is Vladimir, and he wants Epitaph and myself." Rhyme would never returned to the slaver’s pack as a captive again.
""

Vlad

gems
size
build
player
01-02-2019, 01:03 AM
The Male was quick for one as large as himself, not something that he understood how exactly, since bulk should of made the Male slower. His eyes narrowed and he pulled his tongue back as the Male released his hold on his side to try to go for his own face. He lifted himself up, effectively avoiding the Male's jaws and chest all in one. Paws wrapped around his lifted chest and he planted his back feet apart for balance as he aimed to weap his own legs around the male's neck while simultaneously aiming to bite into the male's face one more time, aiming to sink his canine into the right eye socket of the man's face. Hopefully the weight of his added bulk would surprise him and push him backwards to aid with his bite.

His side throbbed with pain but adrenaline made it hardly noticable. His chest bruised from the thrust he took of the other man's chest. His hackles remained raised and his ears back. He hoped to avoid the bite by wrapping his fore legs around the other males neck and if he succeeded maybe he would have his mouth shut and kept that way maybe. He had his lips curled back and a snarl in place. His tail was lifted in his own dominance now.

Vlad v acere for maim(blinding in right eye)
1/2 moves
45" and heavy build

Head Judges

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-05-2019, 11:10 PM
ACERE vs VLAD for FORCE CLAIM

ROUND ONE

ACERE:

WRITING

7/10 for Power Play:

• Attempts
    -1 “Quickly and quietly, Ace strolled up behind the man like a cat stalking its prey.” This should have been attempted. The whole post is taken into consideration, not just the fight portion.
    -1 “Ace launched himself at the man...” The “at” part of this got you in trouble. “Forward in the hopes of...” or “forward in an attempt to” are acceptable alternatives.
  • If/Than Statements
    -1 “If the man's back was still towards him...”
6/10 for Clarity:
  • Attacks
    -1 where on Vlad's thighs is he grabbing?
    -1 “...paws seeking to claw the inside of Vlad's thighs.” I don't think this is a realistic attack for paws as Ace's wrists would have to bend pretty far for the claws to even touch Vlad's skin.
    -1 how high on Vlad's spine is he trying to bite? Just above his hips? Mid back?
  • Positioning
    -1 what is he distributing his weight evenly among?
    -0 this is an observation not a deduction, but if a character tucks his chin and then stretches out his neck it negates chin tucking as a defense. You have double the needed defenses in this post so it doesn't matter, just keep this in mind for future judged fights!
7/10 for Attacks:
  • +2 for chest slam
  • +1 for clawing
    +1 for grip
  • +3 for bite
5/5 for Defenses:
  • +1 for ears pinned
  • +1 for eyes narrowed
  • +1 for tail raised for balance
  • +1 for hackles raised
  • +1 for weight distributed
10/10 for Injuries:
  • none

Status

4/12 for Experience:
  • +2 Novice fighter
  • +2 Novice hunter
5/5 for Health:
  • Pack member? yes
  • Unhealed event status? no
  • Unhealed fight status? no

Acere’s round one total: 44/62

VLAD:

WRITING

10/10 for Power Play:

• None seen!
0/10 for Clarity:
  • Attacks
  • -1 “His jaws aimed to close over the man's face, the top and bottom of his jaw aiming to be on both sides of his head...” Which jaw to which side of Ace's head?
    -1 Which canine is he trying to pierce Ace's eye with?
  • Positioning
    -1 How much did he turn? And what's his new positioning relative to Ace?
    -1 “How far to the left are his hips compared to their original positioning?
  • Damage
    -1 What happened to Ace's chest slam?
    -1 Where exactly on his side did Acere bite him? Close to his hips? Mid back?
    -2 “The males paws missed their mark, his nails scraping down his side and upper leg...” Which side and leg? Or both sides and legs? Losing a point for each paw here
    -1 what's the severity of his injuries (or lack of them!) from Acere's claws?
    -1 same as above but for the bite.
4/10 for Attacks:
  • +3 for bite
    +1 for maim attempt
5/5 for Defenses:
  • +1 for raised hackles
  • +1 for narrowed eyes
  • +1 for widened stance
  • +1 for tail up for balance
  • +1 for ears flattened
10/10 for Injuries:
  • Minor bruising to right hip (damage assigned by judge)
  • Minor welts to outside of right thigh (damage assigned by judge)
  • Moderate bite wound to right side (severity determined by judge)

Status

2/12 for Experience:
  • +1 beginner fighter
  • +1 beginner hunter
4/5 for Health:
  • Pack member? no

Vlad’s round one total: 35/62

ROUND TWO

ACERE:

WRITING

10/10 for Power Play:

• None seen!
8/10 for Clarity:
  • Attack
    -1 where on Vlad's neck is Ace hoping to put his forelegs?
    -1 where is he hoping to grip with his claws?
9/10 for Attacks:
  • +2 for chest slam
  • +2 for bear hug
    +1 for grip
  • +3 for bite
    +1 for grip
5/5 for Defenses:
  • +1 for widened stance
  • +1 for tail raised for balance
  • +1 for raised hackles
  • +1 for narrowed eyes
  • +1 for pinned ears
10/10 for Injuries:
  • None

Status

4/12 for Experience:
  • +2 Novice fighter
  • +2 Novice hunter
5/5 for Health:
  • Pack member? yes

Acere’s round two total: 51/62

VLAD:

WRITING

9/10 for Power Play:

• Realism
    -1 Considering how close they are, that both are rising up and both are the same height, I don't think it's reasonable to completely escape damage from Ace's jaws and chest.
3/10 for Clarity:
  • Attacks
    -1 “...as he aimed to weap his own legs...” Which legs?
    -1 where on Ace's neck is he looking to place his legs? Close to his head? Or down by his shoulders?
    -1 More details are needed about his bite attempt. Is he tilting his head? Where does he want the rest of his teeth land?
    -1 which canine is he trying to blind Ace's right eye with?
  • Positioning
    -1 “He lifted himself up...” How is he lifting himself up? Is he standing on his hind legs? Straightening his legs and standing on the tips of his toes? Remember, judges can't assume anything in a fight so even if the answer seems obvious, unless something is detailed and stated plainly, you'll likely lose points in clarity.
    -1 in one paragraph you said Vlad avoided Ace's chest but in the other you said he did. Which is it?
  • Damage
    -1 how severe is the bruising to his chest? And where on his chest is it?
6/10 for Attacks:
  • +2 for bear hug
  • +3 for bite
    +1 for maim attempt
2/5 for Defenses:
  • +1 for raised hackles
  • +1 for flattened ears
9/10 for Injuries:
  • -1 minor bruising to chest (severity determined by judge)

Status

2/12 for Experience:
  • +1 beginner fighter
  • +1 beginner hunter
4/5 for Health:
  • Pack member? no

Vlad’s round two total: 35/62

Totals:

ACERE: 95/124
VLAD: 70/124

And the winner is...

ACERE! Vlad must give up by either submitting or passing out and is now a prisoner of Abaven/Acere.

Damage:

Acere:
  • No injuries
Vlad:
  • All bruising – 3 ooc days
  • Bite wound – 2 ooc weeks

- By Lazuli

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
01-06-2019, 05:50 AM
ooc: permission given to powerplay

Ace was determined to bring this fight to an end as soon as possible. So when Vlad rose to his feet and tried to mimic Ace, the pale titan would quickly drop to all fours again. As soon as his fore-paws touched earth once again, he launched forward with the quickness of a snake. Jaws splayed wide open, the male springing for Vlad's throat dead center. The moment he felt fur and flesh on his tongue, he stopped in his tracks. He remained in this position, making it clear to Vlad that he would not win this fight. He kept his fangs on either side of Vlad's throat, applying just enough pressure to make it clear that if he tried anything else, Ace would end his life. He would force the male to submit, one way or another. Either Vlad yielded and realized this, or he would die if he tried to continue. Ace had no problem with killing this male if it came down to it.

Once Vlad realized his position, Ace removed himself and stood before the man, though he didn't step back. His tail curled over his back, his posture clearly that of a dominant figure. Crimson gaze burned into Vlad's, teeth bared in a snarl. "You are now my property. Funny how that works...the slaver has become the slave..." He sneered. He would speak with Shaye and Rhyme about him later. Perhaps away from prying ears. He needed to learn more about Vlad's position and why the slavers wanted their former captives back so bad. And for a brief moment, wondered if those who had sent Vlad would send more to save his new captive.

speech Thought Quote

Vlad

gems
size
build
player
01-06-2019, 06:10 AM
Right as he thought he had the male, things went downhill. His throat was grabbed and his back hit the ground. Snarls errupted from him as he lashed his tail and placed a paw on the other man's gut to keep him from sitting on his already bloody and bruised body. This was not going to end well.His green eyes held their fire though even as he quieted himself and let everything but that foot relax. He was not letting the other man sit on him, his pride was bruised enough already.

Even as they untangled and the other man stepped back his eyes didn't loose their fire. He was not going to let one stupid fool ruin his pride. Even if such a fight was capable of being avoided in the first place. They could of easily bought his lies for the twisted pawed boy, and the price for Rhyme already hadn't been enough so he wasn't bothered to try.

The words of the man had him rolling to sit up. Should he tell about Eulogy's disappearance and Toxic's takeover? What would it matter if he did anyway? Eulogy was useless and probably dead, though he hadn't found a body yet so it didn't matter. He looked to his captor then to Rhyme. A snort came from him. "Captive or not, Toxic will send other's. You and I both Know i was a courtesy." HE rose then and moved to move past Rhyme into his new prison. only he gave a whisper as he passed. "Toxic leads them now. Find me if you want to know who he wants, you know how it works with me." He didn't give another glance anywhere. He really needed to go find a cobweb now. He didn't care for this pack of idiots to help him.

-Exit-

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Sea

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
01-06-2019, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 07:34 AM by Shaye I.)

Rhyme returned her question with answers, and a growl slipped past the Alpha’s lips. He wants Epitaph and Rhyme? He would have to go through Shaye, and every warrior in her pack, to get there. Ace had the right of it, stepping up as he did. She paid attention to the fight, and tried not to think too hard about Epithaph’s damaged nature, about how he would not care for himself unless directed to. Of finding him, stiff, and pained on her plains, refusing to find help in any way or form, because it would annoy his ‘masters’

Not thinking about it wasn’t going well, and.. The other options to think about where her unborn pups. She almost considering taking this man’s life, but, no. Valentine would want to question him, he was taking his warriors after them in winter. He would want to speak to this man, and could do with him what he willed. He would not be staying long in Abaven, where her weak pack members lay.

She considered her options as she watched the fight, the idea of this man so much as stepping foot in Abaven set her on edge.

It was a pleasure to watch Ace in action, he was assured, without fanfare and show, just set about what he wanted. When Vlad tried to escalate it to a maiming, he kept his cool, not retaliating past the fight itself. He clearly kept a cool head, and knew what he was doing. She had done well with him, and he was proving himself correct in his placement as lead warrior or Abaven. She almost grinned, if the thoughts of the slavers hadn’t left her feeling agitated.

Still, when the fight concluded, with Ace as the clear victor - putting Vlad completely in his power, showing how he could have taken his life, and letting him submit - she would nod her head at him. “Well done Ace” she told him, “Now, as your reward -” a wry smile here. “Your his guard. He is not to be given free range of the pack, we will put him in the thickets, not many den there, and don’t let him out of your sight. If you need to step away, call first for Rhyme or Ody - or, if Rhyme approves, Ignis. Do what you must to keep in line.” she allowed, feeling she could give him this room to move, he had already proved he had no desire to escalate things beyond what was needed. “I’ll bring him any necessary herbs myself” she added, because she would not let Tana or Vail anywhere near this slaver. She gave Ace ‘a look’ so he would understand her words about healing meant exactly that. Both where kind hearted, and might want to lend their aid. Both would be turned away. “Rhyme, a word?” she asked, she would step away with her Alpha partner after watching Ace follow Vlad. she had been standing right next to Rhyme, and wanted to know what the slaver meant about who he wanted...

""

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Odysseus

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

Trick 2019
01-06-2019, 12:10 PM
With no small amount of envy Odysseus watched his packmate engage the headhunter. He noted the skill of Abaven's defender and the utter lack of it in his opponent, and knew almost as soon as the fighters clashed who the victor would be. It seemed Rhyme's enemies hadn't sent their best.

In no time at all the fight was over as Acere grasped his opponent by the throat and forced him to submit.

A glitter of amusement shone in Odysseus' eyes as the disgraced wannabe villain tried to salvage his dignity by uttering one last threat. He chuckled, then mused, "If they are all as foolish and incompetent as this one, Rhyme, you can rest easy." Odysseus wasn't sure what the headhunter expected when he'd announced his presence at the border. Surely he hadn't thought he could just talk to his quarry. Only an idiot marched to his enemy's pack, threatened them and then was surprised to find himself not engaging in civil conversation with those who had been threatened. A smart man wouldn't have alerted those he hunted to his presence. Why? Vlad only had to look at his current predicament to answer that.

He listened as Shaye spoke and then offered, "If you are tending his wounds then I offer my services as well." He was immune to threats and while he thought the boy would be able to best some of Abaven's meeker members Odysseus had seen Vlad in action and knew he was far below him in skill. He had nothing to fear from the headhunter.

"Odysseus" and "Olafur"  

Odysseus has a male rhesus macaque companion named Olafur. Unless he's mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Odysseus.

Ignis

"You become the monster you fear the most"

Loner

Master Fighter (625)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon

Snake EyesLoserOoh La LaWinnerSamhain 2022Statue 3 Worship
OverachieverSocialiteCritical Observation!Critical Attack!Ooh La LaScarred
Critical Block!Dream WeaverAll Oozed OutDouble MasterPride - BisexualThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 31KVolcanoValentines 2020Critical Hit!Christmas 2019
Trick 2019
01-12-2019, 07:01 PM
"Talk" Walk

He watched the entire thing with a wide, excited gaze. His fur bristled with excitement, paws practically dancing in place. He kinda wished it was him fighting, but he knew he was too inexperienced at the moment to have been able to do that. The fight was over a lot faster than Ignis thought possible, with his uncle the clear victor of course. He watched as his uncle forced the guy to submit, teeth holding right against the man's throat in a clear warning that his life could be taken then and there. Finally, when all was over and the new prisoner walked away, Ignis found himself grinning widely as he turned his head towards the alphas. "Toldja my uncle was the best!" He beamed. He was proud to have Ace as his uncle and wanted to be just like him someday.

Before he took off to harass follow his uncle's prisoner, Shaye spoke up. He directed his attention to her, listening to every word. He nodded, hoping that Rhyme would give him the chance to prove himself more by letting him watch Vlad where he could. While yes, he was still quite young, he knew how to act when the situation called for it. His uncle and sister knew that all too well.

Ignis has a pair of Sika Deer antlers that are not depicted in his artwork (yet).
Ignis is unpredictable and may become violent with little or no provocation due to his "demon" schizophrenia inherited in his bloodline! Consider this your warning!
*Ignis' tail is docked, and his left ear has been torn away and now resembles a Battle crop style.