Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
01-12-2019, 12:05 AM

Dark limbs shifted until forepaws were neatly crossed over one another. Sunset brought with it a beautiful display across the cavern's mouth. Shifting colours took up the entire sky, and she could watch them change as the sun set. No movement required. However, today she was feeling alright. Thus, she eased herself out of the den. It was a laborious climb to reach the topmost area of the col, where she could look to the west. There, the sunset was breathtaking. This could be one of the last ones she ever witnessed, and she wanted to make the most of it. For all the phantom knew, she may never be able to make this climb again. Somehow, knowing that only made her enjoy the view more. Drinking it all in, committing it to memory. The colours seemed more brilliant, more vibrant than ever.

A soft hum rumbled in her chest, a lullaby she had once sung to her children. They were off on their adventures now, but she felt a little better after having seen Darya. The night in the den where the pups had been born, telling stories of the old country. It felt good to rekindle their relationship, and know the love of her children again. There was only one who she hadn't seen lately. Dominika, her little snowflake. Her smallest daughter had been horribly maimed by one of Mr. Morningstar's brothers, and there had been nothing that the matriarch could do about it. She was too old, too weak. In her earlier years, she would have slain the mongrel. Fought to the death, and slaughtered him where he stood. Now, she was forced to watch her shiest daughter retreat further into herself. It was a cruel injustice of a harsh world.

Curling her pallid tail over her paws, she sighed softly to herself. The sun had yet to fully sink beneath the sea. Above her head, the sky was purple as a bruise. Behind her, the colour faded to inky blue, and then to black. In front of her, though, the horizon was still burnt orange. There was a show still to enjoy.

"speech"

avatar courtesy of trash-klng on dA

Dominika

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Jewell
01-12-2019, 04:45 AM
Her return from the motherland had been almost completely uneventful. She had little to think about other than leaving her father in the homeland. He was likely to drink himself stupid and fuck anything to forget his pain of loving her uncle. She gave a sigh. She had been his moral compass but she wanted to return home.

She lopped through the fresh snow, not as easily as the phantom above but easily enough. She was in plain sight as she moved after her deer. The white stag. She had seen it as a child, and even attempted to hunt it for her first solo hunt, but it was not to be. She had followed the rules though. Stupid as she found them. The stag was meant to be hers she knew. She had seen it all to often. Where it was going this time she had no clue. She had developed a habit of following it, not exactly hunting it. It tended to lead her places. And today she was lead up the col.

It stopped and dashed away like always when it had had enough of being tracked, leaving her in the clearing in plain sight of her mother. She stopped. This was her father's den area from when she was little. Well that was a strange place for it to lead her.
Avatar by the wonderful Denny <3

Lirika

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
01-29-2019, 10:10 PM

ooc. pretend all the talking is in Russian, I'm lazy

Nearly a decade had passed that she had been in this world, and she no longer felt any concern at the sound of approaching paws. After all, there wasn't much that she hadn't witnessed. She'd been yelled at, threatened, chased off. However, the phantom had also been treated to lovely conversations, and fascinating new faces. Thus, she made no move to rise from her spot in the snow. At some point she'd settled onto her belly, tail tucked against her flank. Pallid crown tilted over her shoulder to see who had arrived.

Ah.

A soft smile found its way onto her face, mercury gaze appraising her youngest. "Dominika." she uttered, warmth radiating from her heart at the sight of the girl. No, a young woman now. She had grown into a pretty little thing, though not quite as big as her siblings. That didn't matter. She was home, and Lirika was delighted to see her child. "Come, sit with your mother and watch the sunset." she crooned, tail beating against the thick snow drift at her side. She wanted to be close to her daughter, and enjoy the company while she still had the energy.

"speech"

avatar courtesy of trash-klng on dA

Dominika

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Jewell
02-07-2019, 02:07 AM
Ooc: same to you lol

A voice, familiar in its acoustics, cut through the silence of the col. Her mother. Last she had seen her she had been upset because she wasn't allowed to become a shaman. No her sister had been favored. She had been and still was jealous, but nothing could be done about it. Her scarred visage met her mother's. The Russian flowed easily, like a secret language only this time her Russian accent was there and she spoke more formally. She moved as she spoke coming to sit beside her mother. She probably almost reminded her mom of her da nowadays. "I visited the homeland. Da came with me." she sat and turned her head towards the horizon. She was meant to be here for one reason or another, and in time she might come to understand.

"I went seeking the answers I was denied here. I went to learn to become a shaman, only to be denied because I have the sky for eyes and soot in my pelt. Da went to forget, to forget the pain of love for gabriel." she turned her face towards her mom. There was indeed a hardened look in her eyes. She had found her path. It would not be easy for any of them, especially since she still held a pang of hatred for the ways, and for the fact that Divo had been born white with the "eyes of the gods chosen".
Avatar by the wonderful Denny <3