gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
12-10-2018, 10:04 PM

Two new packs have now suddenly sprung up in the south and Branch wasn't too sure how to feel. Part of him was extremely happy to have a chance to form more alliances and trade pacts, but he was also weary of the two new packs. His luck so far had been good and he seemed to be getting to all the more easy going and nicer packs, but things couldn't always be this easy. Maybe it was simply his way of preparing himself for the potential decline of his alliance, or any potential danger that could come to his newly formed pack. One of the packs were literally at his back door, too close for his comfort and it had him stewing over moving just slightly.

He hadn't made any solid decisions and thought it may be a good idea to simply feel the two packs out first before jumping to such a rash decision. He decided that the first one he would go to was the furthest from his lands. He headed towards the location, his satchel heavy with gifts and herbs. He was nervous be kept his outward appearance neutral and friendly. He left a respectable distance between himself and the pack borders before lifting his head and letting a deep chested howl rumble from his vocals.

Calling out for the alpha of the pack. Once his call was finished she seated himself to wait patiently for the alpha's arrival.

"Branch Talk", & 'Branch Think'

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
01-07-2019, 12:03 PM
A call came not long after settling the pack into the new lands, and Chaos practically rubbed his paws together gleefully. Just the presence of the pack landing smack in the middle of the continent was making a big enough splash to attract the attention of nearby packs and if there was one thing Chaos liked it was attention. The feeling of being summoned rankled a little, but it showed that he was important enough for them to come to his pack lands. Leaving off his current goal of making stronger border markers, he set off towards the call at a trot. The wolf waiting there was as tall as him and of a similar build, though somewhat lighter in color and lacking the Saxe silver-ringed hairs that caused Chaos' own fur to ripple with blue and purple highlights, and certainly without the long flat fangs that graced the sides of Chaos' muzzle. He also wore a bag slung over his shoulder, which garnered a curious glance from Chaos, but a sniff told him that it probably just held herbs and he dismissed the younger male as a healer-type, which certainly fit the stereotype of a goody-goody alliance-maker. Oh well.

Finished with his brief examination of his counterpart, Chaos flashed the other male a rakish grin. "Name's Chaos Saxe, alpha of Legion. You rang?"

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!
Unless otherwise mentioned as absent, assume that both Great Horned owl companions are nearby
Chaos speaks in a strong lisp, which I am usually too lazy to write

Branch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
01-07-2019, 08:27 PM

He didn't have to wait long, but what greeted him was something he had not expected. It was a wolf, similar in size to him. The abnormal thing was the large fangs he had. It was something he had not seen on a wolf before. Although this wasn't the first surprise these lands had brought since he had gotten here, so he was able to maintain his cool. He smiled at the male as he jumped right into introducing himself.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Branch Wreckage alpha of Kesali and one of your neighbors," he said with a grin. "I came to see who my neighbor was and would like to see if you would be interested in discussing a trading alliance between our two packs."

He knew he had some over optimistic thoughts and plans, but he hoped that they could have an alliance. Branch was trying to make all his alliances not simply and alliance, but one that benefits both packs more consistently then an average one.

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
01-13-2019, 10:48 AM
The wolf introduced himself as the alpha of a pack, saying it was one of his neighbors, and Chaos pricked his ears. Well, well, well, so this was one of the packs that had already been setting their boundary markers when he'd laid claim to his birthplace, eh? He was going to be awfully disappointed if he'd come here looking for an alliance, because Chaos really wasn't the alliance type...

But a beat later the wolf spoke of trade alliances, and Chaos tilted his head slightly, interested despite himself. It implied that the male wasn't looking for the traditional mutual aid pact that Imperium had had with Abaven once upon a time, or the sort of 'please don't attack me I swear I won't attack you' alliances most of the goody-goody sort of packs constantly solicited, but rather one that was entirely trade based. No one had ever offered him that restricted of an alliance before since most alliance-seekers seemed to be more interested in not getting attacked by his pack, so Chaos wasn't quite sure what to think.

He seated himself to give him time to choose his words, since all he really had prepared for alliances was 'no'. "What," he began slowly, eyeing the other male, "did you have in mind?" He wasn't going to agree to anything without seeing all the small print, of course, because he certainly wasn't willing to give up any modicum of freedom to do whatever the hell he wanted, but he also wasn't opposed to the idea of exchanging something for something else on occasion.

Unless otherwise mentioned as absent, assume that both Great Horned owl companions are nearby

Branch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
01-20-2019, 08:38 PM

Branch watched the male as he took in his offer, the cock of his head making branch hopeful that he was interested. Sure he didn't want his pack attacked, but he also knew that so far the other packs seemed more interested in the idea of trading. He hoped that this male's pack would not be up for attacking and taking over a pack that willingly traded with them. This whole trading alliance deal seemed like the better idea for him especially after his meeting with Risen's leader. You are supplying things to other packs. You give and you get something so it wasn't the normal type of alliance. The male asked what he had in mind.

"We both give, we both get. We offer herbs, meats, pelts, crafts, treasures, and even skill knowledge for trade. We would take any in return. Mainly herbs, crafts, treasures, and knowledge since prey here in the south is the same as our own." he stated.

He should have done a little more thinking on this.... How would he ensure his pack wouldn't be harmed with this deal. Would this male really take down a pack willing to trade so much with his own pack to help them survive?

"I only hope to ensure that our packs would be able to get along and not seen as an enemy, but simply a neutral alliance that you actually get something with." he said hoping that that sounded like a good enough explanation.

Chaos

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
01-26-2019, 05:23 PM
Chaos listened intently as the stranger spoke, though his gaze on the male's face was relaxed and lazy as his mismatched eyes tracked over the colorless form. "And what sort of skills and crafts do your wolves possess that would convince me to not simply raid your pack and take what I want without the need to come to an agreement?" His grin was insolent and sly, but genuinely curious. Legion's two lands were rich hunting grounds, and his agreement with Tornach made the usual concerns about winter feeding much less pressing, so he certainly had little need for someone to trade him meat or hides. He knew little to nothing about the needs of healers though, but he suspected that his move so late in the year had disrupted their usual pattern of herb gathering and storing, so he didn't reject the idea of herbs out of hand - though he wasn't sure it would be worth trading anything for either. He arched one brow and tilted his head slightly, inviting an answer to his earlier query. "My warriors have to stay sharp, after all," he continued keeping both the inviting posture and his insolent grin, "and it would take a compelling reason to convince me to deprive them of such a time-honored opportunity to supply their pack and prove themselves in battle."

Branch

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
02-15-2019, 09:51 PM

His ears would perk as Chaos spoke, taking in his question so he could answer him. His addition towards the end really made him think. He could simply raid and take what he wanted, clean out their entire storage. He could waste the energy of his pack and do that so what could Branch bring to the table that would interest him. He wasn't sure how skilled his sister was with her crafting, but his family had made traps, weapons, clothing, and jewelry. What would a wolf like this Chaos be interested in? He then went on to talk about his warriors and that he would have to have a compelling reason to deprive them. This certainly wasn't the type of conversation he had expected, but the young male remained calm. Getting worked up would make things worse right now.

"Crafting includes things like traps, weapons, jewelry, and even small pieces of armor," he started to answer his first question. "And I will be honest with you, with us just starting out and having at least 1/3 of us healers it will not be much of a win for your warriors."

He might be stupid at stating that, but it might be the bit of honest information he needed to help boost his case. It also gave him a bit of an idea as well, but would it work?

"I would.... also be willing to work out an agreement to help train your warriors in an actual raid position." he said before elaborating more. "Training sessions that would include testing my border patrol and testing how sneaky and skilled your warriors would be at breaching a border. This will give them training, without needed injuries."

It was a suggestion, but maybe this alpha would be interested. Obviously his pack would be aware of the agreement and there wouldn't be any physical attacks. Spars maybe, but nothing too serious.