size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantLegendaryDouble MasterVolcanoCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Christmas 2019Treat 2019
01-09-2019, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 01:10 AM by Acere.)
Set a day or so after his fight with a tiger

The trek from the north hadn't been too bad, though snowfall seemed to follow him nearly the whole journey. It had stopped a few hours ago though, allowing him to continue the rest of his journey to Abaven without worry. The right side of his rump hurt. He had gotten in a fight with a white tiger, and the result of that battle was being carried in his jaws. With the help of the blind man's companions, they managed to take the tiger's pelt...head and all, and Ace planned on doing something with it. A nice fur coat didn't sound bad, and ideas of using its teeth and claws to wear as accessories sounded appealing as well. Everything was rolled up in a bundle and ready to be worked. But first...he needed to get his injuries looked at. He was tired, but he pressed on. Wanting to get back to the pack before they started to think he went missing.

The exhaustion was catching up, however. He went north, fought a tiger, and traveled back to Abaven without stopping. Although he was a strong wolf, he was aware that even he had his limits. The throbbing of the injuries he sustained did well to make him remember that. His strength was waning, but lucky for him, his legs didn't give out until he was at Abaven's doorstep. He collapsed to the ground, breathing hard as his wounds throbbed painfully. He didn't know if they were already getting infected or if he had overworked his muscles, but either way, he howled for someone to help him. The alabaster male laid on his side left side to rest, though he didn't think he could get back up at this moment if he tried.

Injuries:
-Extensive lacerations on the right side of rump (top of back near the base of the tail to mid-thigh)
-Puncture wounds in the scruff
-Bruising on shoulders, torso, chest
-Mild lacerations on the right side of the neck

"speech"  

Actaea

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Bluetick

Samhain 2022Halloween 2020 - Witches Hut
01-09-2019, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 08:56 PM by Actaea.)

She had a bit of free time today to do what she had wanted to, she was eager to finish her gift to Ignis so that she could finally give him the handcrafted necklace instead of hiding it away. She finally felt at home here in Abaven and her urge to learn was being fulfilled by Shaye. Her mentor was kind and intellegant and Actaea had no problem fallowing the lessons Shaye held for her. She was relieved to finally be learning more then she could have imagined and the normally stone faced girl was smiling more and happy. She was working away at the gift when her uncle’s call came from the borders. She carefully listened and for some reason she felt something was wrong. So she stashed away her gift with the sleeping form of her companion and tore off towards his call.

She wasn’t prepared for what she saw and if she was a more advanced healer with a stick of herbs she could get to work right away. She was still learning and all she could do was thouriughly examine his wounds. Her uncle was a strong male and she knew he could pull through, but she was anxious wanting Shaye or Vail to get here. She approached him and gently nudged his cheek with her nose before circling him to examine the wounds he had. The lacerations on his rump was the worse and Actaea felt that he would indeed have some new scars.

“How are you feeling Uncle,” she asked trying to see if there was any internal damage or if he was just worn out.

"speech"

Boris the Boar and Lorenzo the opossum are assumed to be with her at all times.

Note: I do not have a reference of her scars yet, please refer to her appearance section of profile to read about them

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
01-13-2019, 04:33 PM
As she began to teach her apprentice healing, she would begin to carry around herbs with her more frequently, she was teaching Actaea the process of identifying them, drying them, and practising with them in general. So with some luck, she wasn’t far from a clump of harvested herbs as she heard the call.

She grabbed them and made her way over to Acere, hearing the trouble in his call. Not completely sure what to expect, she would find the white fighter injured, and Actaea looking on in worry.

She clicked her tongue as she surveyed the scene, and Winter came down from the skies to survey her, tilting her head as she looked at the wolf. “Bring me cobweb from my den.” she asked of the bird, she didn’t have nearly enough for the amount of injuries she could see already.

“Alright old man.” she said to the wold who was perhaps a year younger than her. “What did you get yourself into?” she looked to her apprentice, who was already at her side. “First, sniff for internal bleeding. Is there the scent of blood in his mouth or nose? Then find the worst injuries, we deal with these issues first and make our way down the list.” she instructed her pupil. Yes, she was going to use the misfortune of her warrior as a healing lesson.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
01-15-2019, 03:59 PM

He let his eyes slide closed for a quick rest while he waited. It was a rather short nap, however, before he felt a gentle nudge on his cheek. Eyelids opened up to find Actaea had answered his call and a smile tugged at his lips. He knew she was concerned and worried for him, but asides from the pain in his wounds, he felt fine. "I feel fine, more or less." He shifted his legs, wincing as the muscles tightened and pulled. It seemed they were more sore than he thought and had decided to stiffen a bit, more than likely due to his constant traveling over the last couple of days.

Gaze slid over to Shaye as she appeared with a stock of medicine. He couldn't help the rumbling chuckle and yet another smile as she approached. "Old man huh? I'll have you know this old man fought a tiger, and won." He gestured to the Tiger's pelt laying nearby before resting a mischievous gaze on Shaye and Actaea. He remained on his side for now, allowing the girls to look him over and waited for instruction.

"speech"  

Actaea

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Bluetick

Samhain 2022Halloween 2020 - Witches Hut
01-22-2019, 09:50 PM

Uncle claimed he was feeling fine, but she didn't feel like he looked fine. She was worried for him, but he was talking so hopefully that meant he would be fine. She knew Shaye or Vail should be here soon and being a novice she wanted to wait for orders then simply trying to heal him and potentially make things worse. So she would wait, and they didn't wait long before Shaye arrived. Her tail wagged in a quiet greeting to Shaye.

It didn't take Shaye long before she began to turn it into a lesson asking if there was the scent of blood around the nose or mouth. She moved to her Uncle's face and sniffed at his mouth and nose. She continued to listen to Shaye while she got the answer her mentor was looking for. She could smell blood, but after a moment she determined that it was coming from the right side of his neck.

"No blood smell from mouth of nose, but there is a wound on the right side of his neck," she replied.

She then Continued to search her uncle for wounds, looking for the worse one. She found three areas of wounds and the worse was on the right side of his rump. She stopped there and looked up to Shaye.

"This one is definitely the worse," she said.

"speech"

Boris the Boar and Lorenzo the opossum are assumed to be with her at all times.

Note: I do not have a reference of her scars yet, please refer to her appearance section of profile to read about them

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
01-28-2019, 05:39 PM
She chuckled at Acere’s humor, as he spoke about fighting a tiger and won. Foolishness to take on a big cat alone, but she wouldn’t reprimand him for it. He knew what he could and could not do, and maybe this would teach him to be weary.

She watched carefully as Actaea sniffed about and looked over his wounds. She called out the worst wound, and Shaye could immediately agree with her. “Very good” she murmured softly, as Winter returned with the cobwebs. The herbs Shaye already carried, she spread out before her, she judged that Ace wasn’t about to keel over anytime soon, and could spent a moment doing this properly to teach her pupil. Besides, a little bit of pain as he waited would serve him right for taking on a tiger without her.

“I have Trillium, cobweb, White willow bark and Meadowsweet. Can you tell me what purpose each has for Ace?” she asked her pupil.
She had gone over the basic herbs with Actaea in the past, and her pupil already had some rudimentary knowledge, it would be good to see what stuck and what she needed refreshed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Acere

Permanent Ghost

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (245)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

Christmas 2019Treat 2019
02-15-2019, 03:44 AM

He resisted the urge to make any sarcastic comments or anything similar when Shaye told Actaea to check his nose and mouth for bleeding. He was pretty damn sure that if he was, it would be obvious. But he knew that Shaye was also using his predicament as a lesson for his niece, so played the good patient as Actaea checked his wounds. His eyes followed Actaea as she moved around to check his wounds. The main ones were on his right side, which was why he had chosen to lay down on his left. Anything on his left side was minor, hardly anything to worry about if at all. Though he could feel bruising, but it was really nothing to sneeze at, either. Bruises weren't really a concern of his at all.

He briefly glanced at Shaye as she started to quiz his niece about the herbs, and he fought the urge to just grab the stuff and do it himself. Or maybe ask for some painkillers to at least dull the throbbing pain in his open wounds. Now that he thought about it, he regretted not just going to his den and sleeping it all off. "You missed all the action, Shaye. I fought the thing with a blind guy and some old guy with their own cat companions, but I took home the real prize." He chuckled as his gaze found the tiger pelt. While he could have said he did it all himself, he wasn't that kind of person. He would freely admit when he had help, or if he needed it. And it was only thanks to the others showing up that he had even managed to come away alive. Otherwise, he was pretty damn sure that tiger would have ripped him apart.

speech action