ardent

Helvegen

Kvasir

gems
size
build
player
01-01-2019, 03:21 PM
With a methodical slowness the man would tread a seemingly aimless zig-zagging path through the torn and scarred land littered with remnants of battles long past. The bits of man-made things were likely works of art back when they were made, but now they sat, crumpled, broken and largely useless. Funny, how even the largely successful could be their own downfall. His echoing cachinnation rang through the once grand stage of war, meeting only his own ears as far as he was aware.

Pale eyes scanned the scene hungrily, though his quarry was living still he pursued it with the same intensity as if he were tracking a deer. Anyone who might watch him would likely be struck by the strangeness of seeing someone who cackled to himself for no particular reason, humming and muttering to himself as he searched through the rubble moving with such purpose. Was the horned viking a little odd? Yes, but even so it was clear he was still mostly sound of mind.

Digging through one mound of dirt, he found a pile of pale white bones and huffed. Nope, these wouldn't do. He cast several aside, sending them bouncing down the disturbed soil to the ground with a clatter. Finding nothing else but an old rusted blade that wouldn't do anyone any good, he turned back to the bones. "Hmm... I suppose you'll do in a pinch," he mused, moving to pick through them.

Halvar

gems
size
build
player
01-12-2019, 09:53 AM
Halvar wasn't honestly sure that any of his brothers, including himself, were necessarily sound of mind but if anyone fit that mold, perhaps it might be Aesir. Their larger brother had always been a bit more grounded than he and Kvasir, his stubbornness somehow seeming like a sign of control, a stark contrast to his own more frantic spirit. The truth was though that he'd felt quite out of sorts without his brothers being near, and though it'd been rare for him to spend so much time away from then - well, his little solo adventure was concluded. He'd been focused on trailing after his brothers' scents to these unfamiliar lands, and though he seriously doubted a way to lift his family's curse, if his brothers wanted to give it a try he'd be right behind them.

It wasn't much of a surprise to him that Kvasir's scent led him straight to this field, a grass plain littered with metal scraps and trinkets. It was a curious place, and one that definitely caught his attention too. His own pace was slow and careful, a reflection of his unusually pleasant mood - but how could he be anything but when his kin had found such an interesting case? As soon as he saw Kvasir's silhouette in the distance he, too, found himself chuckling like a fool, not the type to contain his emotions even when no one else was around. With a bounce in his step, he quickened his pace to catch up to his brother as quickly as he could.

"I'm not sure you'll find anything here to lift our curse, brother," Halvar commented, clearly in a good mood. Usually the mention of their curse was enough to irritate him, as one who believed it to be completely true, but today he was able to make light of their situation. "Or are you trying to ensure it passes on to our children?" He spoke with a casualness that couldn't be forced, and offered a slow shrug, despite the grin he wore as he turned to face his brother and greet him.

"Talk" "You" Think

Kvasir

gems
size
build
player
01-19-2019, 02:17 PM
Sorting through the bits and scraps of items that were decaying slowly in hopes of finding something useful or some kind of inspiration in the assorted junk, Kvasir almost failed to hear his brother's approach among the clatter. When Halvar's voice rose over the noise Kvasir stopped what he was doing and turned to look at his brother. "Halvar! I thought you might have gotten permanently lost. Glad to see you have some sense of direction," he joked, rising to go bump Halvar's shoulder with his own in a friendly greeting.

"Actually I was trying to decide if I could find anything useful in all this rubble. Although if I could use something here to help us then I hope it would stand out more." frowning, Kvasir leaned down closer to the bones and inspected them more carefully, squinting his grey-blue eyes. "I suppose I could make a weapon of some sort from one of these. Or- ooh" batting a few rib bones away, he uncovered an interesting skull. It was odd, more rounded than most skulls he saw. The top of it was caved in like the creature took a nasty blow to the head. "Hmm...."

Halvar

gems
size
build
player
01-25-2019, 05:56 PM
At least Halvar found some sense of calm in his brothers, amidst the chaos of the world, and that reason was mostly why their time apart hadn't been longer. As much as he liked to pretend he was independent - and the truth was that he could survive on his own - he had little interest in pursuing such a life when he had Kvasir and Aesir around. This was why he had trailed after Kvasir's scent, and why he was currently lingering near him and watching him rifle through whatever pile of oddities that he'd found. He was slow to notice his approach, but when he finally turned to acknowledge him with a bump of his shoulder, Hal found a grin breaking out over his features. "I won't try to tell you sense of direction is one of my strengths, but somehow I managed to find you," he drawled lazily, his grin only wilting slightly once their initial greeting was over.

He admitted he was looking for something useful in the rubble. Hmmmm. He leaned toward where he'd been digging, casting a curious glance at the soil and the items contained within the mess. Though he wasn't totally sure what he meant by finding something to help them here, he agreed that these lands were unfamiliar and being prepared here wasn't an altogether bad idea. A weapon wasn't a bad idea, either. A slight grin tugged at his lips yet again as he examined the rib bones more closely. "Aye, this one looks nice and sharp already," he gestured with his snout to one of the bones as he pushed it aside. "Planning a raid without me already, brother?" That slight grin widened, a hint of mischief flashing in his dual-colored eyes. His interest was captured by the skull now, though, all thoughts of makeshift weapons fleeing his head instantaneously. "Any ideas for that thing?" He thought he saw a spark of creativity creeping across Kvasir's face, and he cast him a curious glance.

"Talk" "You" Think

Kvasir

gems
size
build
player
02-14-2019, 12:22 AM
The other bones were suddenly unimportant as he studied the skull. While he agreed with Halvar's assessment that the rib would make a nice knife, other thoughts were preoccupying his mind. Shrugging and offering a thin smile, Kvasir laughed, "Maybe not planning, but certainly preparing for. Raids, and other things." Somehow he didn't doubt that raids were a possibility here, though who would lead them he could not yet know.

"Any ideas for that thing?" his sibling asked, clearly already seeing the wheels turning in Kvasir's mind. Not surprising. He never had a great poker face. "Yes, actually. But I think I'll need more materials. Hmm... We should find a river somewhere. I'll need clay." he murmured, turning the skull once more with his paw as he took mental notes of it's condition and began making his plans. Turning back to the sand and scrap around them, he debated looking for more items around the heap of assorted rubble. There could be some decent finds hidden among the trash. After some debating he scooped up the skull and moved to lead the way between the rusted out metal beats in search of other good finds.

He walked in that unique way that looked somehow aimless and purposeful at the same time, occasionally poking his head in an open car door but mostly finding little of use. Something shiny stuck in the dirt glinted at him and upon further inspection he found it was a length of chain, mostly buried in the ground. Setting the skull down, he clawed at it, trying to decide how much might be stuck and if it was worth digging out. "Deciding what's worth gathering is always the worst part," he mused aloud to Halvar. It always irritated him when he failed to get something and later ended up needing it.

Halvar

gems
size
build
player
03-12-2019, 04:13 PM
Kvasir seemed mildly distracted as they talked, and Halvar couldn't help but be curious what might be on his mind. He admitted he wasn't planning a raid but merely preparing for one. And other things. Ah, but of course. The corners of his mouth quirked up in a small smile as he nodded understanding. "Tell me more about this planning," he suggested lightly. He knew nothing yet of Valkyrie's band, nor of his brothers' plans to join her. No doubt he would go along with whatever they decided, but he'd rather know what he was getting himself into, especially if it came to.. risk of bodily harm. Not that he really expected anything less, given he and his brothers' cursed state.

Kvasir was avoidant with his answer, not that Halvar expected anything less. He had a plan, though neglected to share it, saying he needed clay. "Passed a river just southwest of here," he offered after a moment of recollection. "Might be able to dig up some clay there." Kvasir moved to continue digging through the rubble, and Halvar followed him, watching his sibling curiously. Some of the scrap he was poking through seemed dangerous, but Kvasir seemed as though he'd been doing this quite a bit lately so he wouldn't slow him down by warning him otherwise. He nodded as he expressed his discontent at knowing what to grab and what to leave. "Maybe you can find a useful thing for carrying some things," he speculated, shrugging absently as he thought it over. "Seen a few things like that you might get some use out of. Not here, but back home. Maybe you'll find something similar in this mess."

"Talk" "You" Think