Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Fox
01-19-2019, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 07:17 PM by Aesir.)
As far as siblings went, Aesir felt closer than most to his brothers. They had endured more together in their few short years than most common wolves suffered in a lifetime. It would seem, unfortunately, that they were not meant to be common wolves. Seeing Kvasir's sudden arrival at Valkyrie's meeting, after roaming apart for over a fotrnight, had certainly been a surprise. Aesir shook it off as quick as he could, and once Valkyrie dismissed their newly established group, Aesir was quick to pull his brother aside.

He walked a ways, hoping that his brother was following at his own pace while he sorted his thoughts. They were in this together now, and he was elated. But where had Kvasir been, and what had he seen? Did he have word from Halvar? A private moment away would put his mind at ease, hopefully, and then they would be able to rejoin the others. He'd had a mind to go all the way to the waterfall, but impatience won out. The frothing plunge was only a distant landmark, barely audible, when Aesir rounded on his littermate. "Haven't seen hide or hair of you since landing here... Don't get me wrong, delighted to see you taking up with Valkyrie as well, but I hope you have a tale or two for me to cover the interim?"

It wasn't like Aesir to express worry for his siblings. This was as close as he ever seemed likely to get; riding the edge of abrasion while still genuinely interested in how the other was faring. To be frank, he did grow worried when either of his littermates spent too long away from his protective eye. Both bought more firmly into the curse that plagued had their birth, moreso than Aesir ever had, and backed by some veneer of anxiety the brutish male preferred to keep tabs on their exploits whenever possible. At least for Kvasir that seemed to be a much easier task from here on out... Aesir fought to push through the questions so that he still had time be pleased.

"Aesir Speaks" "Aesir Listens" Aesir Thinks

Halvar

gems
size
build
player
01-30-2019, 06:09 PM

Though Halvar had reunited with Kvasir since their arrival in these lands, he'd yet to run into Aesir quite yet. He was blissfully unaware of their plans to join Valkyrie's band but there was no questioning if he'd ultimately join his brothers or not yet - their bond was close enough that he rarely felt compelled to stray away from them for too long, and he'd definitely reached his limit on being on his own. Luckily enough for him he'd managed to grab hold of their scent trails - and was that Valkyrie herself he smelled, too? - and he'd busied himself with tracking them for quite awhile now.

His paws led him to the base of yet another mountain, and he huffed as he paused his trek. Their scents were stronger now, and he tipped his horned head to the sky and searched for them in the distance. He only saw the faintest hint of movement among the trees, and decided his curiosity was piqued. Grumbling something quietly to himself, the chimeric man quickened his pace, eager to join the two of them - and beyond pleased that he'd found them after all this searching. Despite their family's curse, they were terribly elusive when they wanted to be! It wasn't long before he rounded on them, noting Kvasir trailing behind Aesir, and he let out a loud bark to announce his arrival. "Are you two talking about me? I thought felt my ears burning," Hal quipped lightly when he was within earshot of them, offering a wide grin to them both.

"Talk" "You" Think

Kvasir

gems
size
build
player
02-14-2019, 01:28 AM
Trailing after his brother, Kvasir's thoughts were already wandering to what sorts of things he might craft, whether or not he could pester the other band members to bring him materials when they regathered from being out and about, what kinds of things Valkyrie and the others might find useful, oh and of course what he might be able to use as offerings to the temperamental gods that were more a plague to his life than a welcoming presence. While he was one to obsess over thoughts of the curse, he sometimes did feel a little reproachful  and disenchanted with trying to make any kind of offering or bargain with any of the gods. Sometimes he wished he didn't feel like he had to hate them. It might be nice to- oh, hey, his brother was talking wasn't he?

Kvasir shrugged noncommittally, yawning suddenly before he would eventually grin, shrug again, and laugh, "Does my legs bein' shorter than yours count as an excuse for my tardiness? Seems I just can't keep up." Seeing that hint of concern in his brother's features was always amusing. Kvasir never really worried like that for the others. Sure, he got a little frustrated when he struggled to track them down, but usually he just never really felt like they'd get into too much trouble. At least, nothing they couldn't handle well enough without his help.

"I might have one or two. Not sure if they'll entertain you much though." he mused, attention soon drawn away again, this time by the arrival of the third brother. Pausing to allow Halvar to catch up, Kvasir shook his head and sought to bump against the other wolf's side with a cackle bubbling up from his chest. "Perish the thought. I have better things to discuss than you, you know. Can't say as much for Aesir, I think your name was on the tip of his tongue. Where have you been though? You've missed things."

Aesir

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Fox
02-18-2019, 04:32 PM

From the corner of his periphery another familiar face emerged from the nearby underbrush. Aersir blinked once just to be certain that his eyes were not deceiving him. Of course, there was no mistaking those markings or the crown that marked their supposed curse. He grinned. Fortuitous that they had found themselves there. He flicked an ear at Kvasir's glib retort, filing that away as something to be passive aggressive about later. "Why, yes we were," her remarked for no reason other than to be contrary.

He jerked his head back over his shoulder, further into the battlefield who's fringes they lingered upon. "He's right, you've missed all the fun. Valkyrie Finnvi from home has sprung up a band. Day late and a rabbit short, as usual," he ribbed, grin widening. He may not have been an affectionate sibling, but if Halvar had any sense he would see it for what it was. Aesir was glad to see him, after all. Halvar would obviously be joining them, and to Aesir's thinking it wasn't even an option. The siblings had always stuck together, so he might as well have been just as sworn in as they were. "Been a bit boring without the two of you to spring up disasters. Not to say I haven't found my own regardless," he groused. Under his breath he muttered, "Avalanche was still more than I bargained for.."

He rolled his shoulders and looked back to them. "Maybe this band can help us keep our heads attached to our shoulders for a bit longer, hm?" It seemed like a strange bit of kismet for all of this to fall into place the way that it had. Given his childhood it made Aesir... wary. Were he any of his kinsmen from home, he would be overjoyed at the show of favor from the gods but this seemed a bit too good to be true. Then again, he wasn't the suspicious one, Aesir reminded himself. Whatever was destined to happen would see itself unfold, of that he had no doubt. As he was no seer he tried to let it be, and focus instead on the good things that (for now) still seemed likely to come.

"Aesir Speaks" "Aesir Listens" Aesir Thinks

Halvar

gems
size
build
player
03-12-2019, 05:24 PM
He was eager to see both of his brothers and made no point to hide it, beaming gently as the drew beside them both as they walked and chatted. Briefly he wondered if he'd been interrupted anything, but it didn't seem like he really had. He returned the soft laugh with one of his own, his brother's slightly manic glee infectious, taking hold of him slowly but certainly. "I'm sure you do," he retorted back without missing a beat, shaking his head. "All good things, I hope?" He asked rhetorically, flashing Aesir a wide grin.

He was quick to tell him what was going on. Valkyrie had started a band, and apparently he was late to joining. Damn! "Better late than never," he grumbled, merely feigning the slight dejection that crept into his voice. It was no surprise to hear that Aesir had gotten into some trouble of his own without them, though he was hopeful that he'd be part of all the happenings once again. "Kvasir mentioned something about preparing for some raids. Now it all makes sense." Of course their old spitfire friend would be wanting to wreak havoc wherever she went, including this new continent, and Halvar had no qualms with joining them. It's what they were meant to do after all, wasn't it? "I best be finding Valkyrie and speaking to her then, then, I suppose," Hal commented offhandedly, grinning a bit mischievously now. Ah, the fun they would have here! Perhaps this would be the place in which they'd find a way to reverse their family curse, after all...

"Talk" "You" Think