gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster
02-14-2019, 11:30 AM
Ever since she'd been thinking on and off that she needed to do more pack things Cael had been trying to poke her head inside the borders at least some of the time. Balancing her hunger for adventure with pack duties was rougher than the traveling itself. But! A super skilled totally awesome navigator like herself needed such challenges lest she get bored. Yeah, that sounded right.

Ambling along the border, she was making a half-hearted attempt at a patrol while actually searching for something better to do. Maaaybe she could find one of the seemingly endless number of new faces and strike up a conversation? Hopefully at least one of them was half as adventurous as her. Then again, that might cut into time spent with Asharya which... Cael wasn't willing to give any of that up. Shaking her head, she moved into a slow jog, keeping an eye on both sides of the border for anything suspicious, and her nose to the wind for any scents of nearby pack wolves.
[Image: TSMb2UQ.png?1]
Cael has facial scars not seen in all of her art yet!

Gustav

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
02-14-2019, 12:34 PM

The male kept himself busy through the winter. Right now he was nothing more then a wolf allowed to stay in Abaven over the winter, to ensure his survival during these months. He felt bad using their land and their supplies, so he did what he could to pitch in. Mostly he helped the hunters out bringing food into the pack, to ensure everyone was well fed and healthy. Lately though he had been trailing around the borders. His encounter with Acere and finding out that more predators were tiptoeing past the borders unnerved him, especially with the influx of pups. He knew how to fight and had taken up the task of helping the pale male chase off or hunt down predators that trespassed.

Today he was doing the very same thing, trailing the borders and looking for any sign of other predators. So far things had been quiet the past week, but he wasn't satisfied with that yet. He moved along casually, senses alert and his eyes scanning around him. It wasn't long before he spotted another member patrolling the borders, heading in his direction. He hadn't met her before, but was more then willing to meet a new face. He let out a bark just so she was aware of his presence and when he got close enough he would call out.

"Morning," he called out. "Find anything out of sorts on your patrol?"

speech action

Caelestis

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster
02-14-2019, 01:18 PM
Patrolling was honestly super boring. She'd rather hunt or do something fun. Maybe that should be tomorrow's contribution. She could enjoy hunting. Although really she'd like it if she had another mission outside the pack. An adventure with purpose. She should talk to Shaye again. Hmm... Shaye was an interesting topic actually. Cael hadn't failed to notice that scent of pregnancy lingering around the lands when she ducked her head in every so often. Of course, she just figured whatever happened there wasn't really her business.

Her wandering thoughts were soon interrupted by a bark from an approaching stranger. Lifting her head to make eye contact with the dark-furred male, Cael offered a welcoming smile and nodded. "Good morning," she replied. A quick inhale told her he did in fact wear the familiar Abaven pack scent. Never can be too careful. "Not really. All seems to be terribly safe and quiet that way. I'm Caelestis by the way, nice to meet you. How long have you been in Abaven?" Was it weird that she basically had no clue who was here half the time?

Gustav

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
02-14-2019, 02:13 PM

The younger wolf seemed friendly enough and it made his attitude warm up a little bit more. His tail wagged lightly in more of a greeting to her. She greeted him back and her answer had his brows furrowing slightly. It was strange how all of a sudden it seemed the predators had stopped coming around. Had they officially scared them or was it some sort of odd battle strategy from the creatures.

"Last couple of weeks there had been a lot of predator activity along the borders," he warned her. "I havn't been here long, was invited to stay over the winter. The names Gustav.

It was only right to give out his name. She was a pack wolf after all so there was no harm in giving such information to her. He didn't add that he would probably be leaving in the spring, but his plans had yet to fully be decided.

speech action

Caelestis

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster
02-14-2019, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 03:55 PM by Caelestis.)
She furrowed her brow at the information he passed along. That was troubling. "I fought a bear with Rhyme a while back. Didn't realize there was a problem with that sort of thing going on though. I do a lot of coming and going so I'm not always up to date on pack news." If bears and other predators were causing issues regularly then she'd have to keep her eyes peeled a little better. "I'll make sure to be extra cautious, thanks for the heads up."

He went on to introduce himself after explaining he was staying the winter. Cael nodded and smiled again. "Sounds reasonable. It can be kinda tough out there alone. I'm Caelestis, nice to meet you. DO you do a lot of traveling, Gustav?" Maybe he had a cool story or two if he was from some place far away?

Gustav

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Bluetick
03-19-2019, 07:49 PM

She must be one of the more adventurous members of the pack since she stated she was doing a lot of coming and going. She had already fought one large predator with one of the alpha's. It made him wonder what really was going on. Was there just an overpopulation in these predators that needed to be culled back? He knew it happened with prey and certainly happened in wolves, so he could imagine others species had it happen as well. Hopefully these populations would get knocked back soon and they wouldn't continue to have predators trespassing on their lands.

She said she would keep eye and thanked him for the heads up. He would nod and smile in a quiet 'your welcome' before she would continue on. She introduced herself and asked about his traveling and he would nod.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well. Yes I have traveled most of my life so far, drifting place to place and never staying for to long," he replied.

speech action