An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
10-29-2018, 05:29 AM
She’d ventured out of the pack lands, howling to let Gwen know she was heading out to scout around, and perhaps explore further into the continent. At over a year and a half old, she’d barely scratched the surface of the world she lived in, and perhaps in her explorations, she’d find her center again.

She would be the first to admit that she felt like she’d failed in upholding the glory of the pack that had survived and revived over three—four? Generations. So, her paws had led her eastward. She’d been as far as the Bifrost, and she smiled at the memory of that day. However, she’d turned northward after a while, and found herself in the foothills of a great, dangerous looking mountain.

It hadn’t been the mountain that held her attention, though. Instead, she was sniffing at faint traces of a pack’s scent. Even that wasn’t the point that made her curious. It was the vague familiarity in at least one of the wolves that had been among the members. Family.

Hours later, she had delved into the territory that had held a large number, wondering that she and her father and Gwen hadn’t even been aware of the pack’s existence. Then again, with how insular Celestial had become… She supposed it wasn’t really surprising.

Her path had led her along steep, precarious terrain and trails, and at last, she stepped into a cave and let out a deep breath of mild relief at no longer being near a precipice. She’d have to make the same trek down, but it was worth it for the workout she was getting.

[Image: bkRAV4d.png]

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
Aurielle's English is heavily laden with an Irish, Swedish mixed accent.
Her family is allowed to crash all her threads, Private and Open.
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
11-06-2018, 10:43 PM
After spending one rainy evening here, Ignatius had decided that since one day hadn't killed him, he may as well go ahead and push his luck now that the weather was more agreeable and he could actually see the land he was meaning to explore. Mountains, after all, had always been a point of interest for Ignatius and he meant to get some good exploring done in the northern terrain. Originally he'd planned to leave as the seasons turned, but he was finding it harder and harder to hold himself to that as the season wore on. Really, he'd love to stay where the altitude was high and the snow layered the ground for a greater portion of the year. It'd be smarter to go where there were more herbs clinging to life though before the frosts really came.

He'd spent the better part of the morning working the kinks and knots out of his body from sleeping in a poorly made den on hard ground. Normally he at least had some time to gather something to sleep on, but the other night he'd been caught in the remnants of that storm and, well, things just hadn't gone according to plan. Now though he was about as stretched and prepared for exploring as he was going to get, so Ig finally began wandering down one of the many treacherous paths that wound their ways along the mountain pass.

As he trekked through the rocky terrain he'd caught the scent of a stranger. Ignatius had hoped it was old, but it only got stronger as he marched along his chosen route. Part of him really hoped he could remain alone a little longer. Maybe if this wasn't another Sephi he'd be alright, but just the same he did his best to keep his gaze looking straight ahead. If there was someone nearby, he certainly wasn't about to go out of his way to say hello. Not that he was trying to be unfriendly- well, alright, maybe he was, but not in a bad way! Just in a "social interaction isn't really my preferred activity" kind of way.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

11-11-2018, 08:45 PM
The sound of pawsteps caught her ears, and one swiveled back toward the mouth of the cave, followed by the turn of her head as she studied the opening behind her. The cave she’d stepped into ended in a wall, at first glance, but she, having grown up in a cave system, thought she could detect a familiar line in the back-left corner that hinted that it was actually a crevice that led further into the mountain.

She slid lightly toward it, questing with her nose and muzzle and finding that it was wide enough to admit her, and possibly even a male as large as her father had he been a long for the walk. But as she glanced back to the cave mouth, she almost thought he had as the other wolf stepped into sight. Her first immediate impression was of molten red, and for a beat she missed the icy blue-white markings.

Turning back, her tail flicked into a banner-esque wave of greeting as she called, “Da—oh.” The greeting broke off as she took in the rest of the male’s appearance and young age (young when you consider who she’d initially thought he was).

This male was hale and sound of legs, lacking the hitching hop in the hind end her father had borne since she could remember, and he lacked the scarring. Not only that, but this male was an impressive mixture of molten hues and markings. In a way, he sort of reminded her of Jupiter Aeris, but the brief whiff of his scent held no similarity to the young male.

She stepped back from her initial friendly approach and nodded apologetically as she began to turn away, interest resurfacing in the crevice she’d been probing.

“My apologies. For a moment, I only saw the red in your coat and though my father had joined me in an adventure beyond our pack walls.” Or was bringing bad news…

Her tone held a rueful amusement, but left the ball open for the other to respond or go on his own way. From a standpoint outside the cave, she was a snowy-white figure, but oddly shaped with how her mane and tail flowed from scruff and tail. A closer inspection might catch the faintest shimmers of different colors. In the other paw, she hadn’t noted the fact that this male wasn’t just molten in coloring – save for his white marks – but also glowed.

At first glance, Aurielle's coat is pure white.. Her fur has an iridescent quality (like moonstones) where the fur shimmers different colors under various angles of light: in this case, the colors shown by rainbow moonstones. Not one hair on her hide is a solid unnatural color, but, ya know, it's really hard to convey that in still art :P
As of Autumn Year 14, Aurielle glows with a bright blue-white bio-luminescence in her fur, and bears a marking over her left eye - see profile and reference.

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
11-13-2018, 11:58 PM
Sure enough, Ig heard someone call out and his head swung to gaze in the direction of the caller, halting before he could think better of it. The woman he spotted in the depths of the cave was certainly intriguing. He couldn't make out enough to be certain, but she seemed pale and her fur grew to lengths that he'd assumed were unheard of here. For once he'd discovered someone who would not look out of place among the more vibrant and sometimes mutated wolves he was familiar with. Between her appearance and the words she spoke, he suddenly found himself no longer interested in fleeing.

Perhaps with some slight hesitation still in his movements, Ignatius would approach, one brow raised as he meandered closer. "Well, now you have me curious. Not only is crimson not an unfamiliar color to you, but you have 'walls'?" Initially he hadn't thought it possible, but now he was considering the possibility that there might be places here that weren't so different from what he knew. Or, at the very least there were traces of familiarity. While the lands weren't peppered with as many of the old human structures he'd lived among, apparently there was at least one wolf wandering the lands who wasn't of a natural color.

As he made his way closer, still keeping a respectful distance, his pelt would begin to illuminate the shadowy interior of the cave. The further he wandered into the stone-walled space the more he would likely begin to appear like a torch. Well, maybe his glow was a touch dimmer than the light cast by real flames, but it was still enough in a dark enough space. "My name is Ignatius Agnivo. And who are you, if you don't mind my asking?" Her fur seemed to glitter as the intensity of his glow grew, though he was still far enough away that he wondered if he might be imagining it.

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

11-14-2018, 12:40 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

Her words seemed to have triggered the molten colored stranger’s interest, because she heard his steps falter, before he turned to step after her. She pulled her head from the crevice to turn and study him more closely as he approached, head cocking at his query. A smile formed on her features and she answered readily. “My father is a solid red so bright a cardinal would weep with envy. His eyes are a fathomless sapphire, which is quite startling against the red, I’d say. His name is Regulus Adravendi.”

Her haunches lowered, tail flicking to curl about her hips, long hair flowing outward like a wave as she added, “Our walls surround the whole of Celestial’s domain. My father began building them before my birth, and I’ve continued the tradition. For the most part, it’s to safeguard the pups, and keep them from wandering beyond the pack border.”

Her eyes widened as he drew closer, into the shadows of the cave. Unphased as she might be by the unnatural coloring the male bore, she had never in her life seen a glowing wolf. For a solid ten heartbeats her eyes roved over him and took in the glow. His self-produced light reflected likewise off her own coat, sending up a subtle shimmer as she took a breath as he introduced himself.

Manners, girl. Her composure, while never having been fully ruffled, returned as she gave a graceful bow of her head to the male, Queenly elegance returning to her movements, though with a sense of modesty that belied her highborn birth.

“I’m Aurielle Adravendi, Archangel – or primary alphess – of Celestial. My second is Gwenevere Adravendi. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Ignatius.”

A fleeting grin flickered across her features as she added, “I dare say, this is the first time I’ve met a wolf that glowed with their own light.”

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
12-02-2018, 06:09 PM
Listening to her explanation and description of her father, Ig found that he was rather pleased to know that someone else here sported at least a somewhat striking pelt. If he felt so inclined Ignatius might have tried to seek out more company like that so he didn't need to endure more of the frequent stares.

Of course his rolling, almost candle-like glow did draw some reaction from the girl, but it passed quickly and he was glad to have found some polite company to converse with. Could always be worse. "Sounds like your home has some similarities to where I used to live." he mused. Calling it his home anymore didn't feel right, much as it pained him to let go of the word. It wasn't home anymore for him.

"Likewise, Aurielle," he returned with a smile. She seemed like a nice girl, and came off strongly as someone who'd been born into leadership much like he had. "I do pride myself on being at least somewhat unique," he joked, "Although really it was never terribly uncommon to see wolves with some special features growing up. I suspect some longer fangs might be a bit more useful that spooking prey before you can catch it in the evening."

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

12-02-2018, 08:17 PM
Aurielle Adravendi

Her ears perked curiously at his mention of his origins, and she had to wonder what the wolves he had grown up with had managed to build themselves. Did he have any ideas he might have brought with him to Boreas? “I find building things fascinating. It’s easier when one has number handed primates for companions. My cousin has two friends that help him with mixing salves and various healing practices he would never be able to manage alone… it’s greatly helped, especially with a fire in one of our caves.”

Not to mention that once the colder months settled in, the fire would come in highly useful for keeping one’s toes thawed between patrols and small hunts. She hadn’t been able to share it with her father much last year, once he left to rescue her mother and Aramis.

The smile faltered ever so slightly before her new acquaintance brought her mind back from wandering into that particular dark, forest path, and she smiled ruefully. “Oh, my appearance comes with its own downsides. I must be careful with these—I’m not certain if they’ll break if I bite down wrong, and practicing fighting is difficult because they could damage my partner if I don’t place a bite just right. Useful in a real fight, though.”

Not to mention the odd looks, even from family meeting her the first time, but those she understood and ignored. Her eyes slid over the pulsing light in his coat and her head cocked slightly as she suggested, “I imagine that light makes it easier to traverse in the night, or in pitch black caves like these. Plus, curious prey might be drawn in…”

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
02-14-2019, 02:43 PM
"I see. That does sound helpful," he replied. He'd known wolves before that used primates to help with crafting. Maybe he ought to look into that himself. Couldn't hurt to have some helpers available, especially if he were to get any major projects done in a timely fashion.

She went on to mention that her fangs had drawbacks and he supposed he could understand that. Everything had upsides and downsides. That was just life he guessed. Nothing was all good. "Extra challenges just make you have to use your brain a little more I suppose. Never a bad thing to be better at thinking than your opponent."

She drifted on to new topics and Ignatius decided to entertain the suggestions. "Caves, yes, prey... even less often than you'd think." He straightened, returning his attention to the cave and it's unexplored(by him at least) depths. "We do, however, have a unique opportunity to test the brightness of my pelt here. Care to walk and talk?"

Aurielle

Loner

Master Fighter (255)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced

03-02-2019, 08:44 AM
Aurielle Adravendi

A fleeting grin answered the fiery male’s musing at the helpfulness of primates. His philosophical observations of how challenges meant one had to use their brain a bit more brought a thoughtful nod of agreement, and her eyes twinkled at him as she added, “And allowing emotion to hinder one’s mind in a fight can lead to very painful consequences, indeed.”

He confirmed her suggestions that his glowing pelt would make a useful light in caves, though he added that prey must be highly incurious about that glow. Perhaps it was only fish, something the Nomads had told her about during one of their visits.

Her jaws parted in a grin as Ignatius suggested exploring the cave, using his coat as a torch, answering cheerfully, “Of course. Opportunities are meant to be seized, after all.”

She leaned toward the crevice and peered in, shifting herself to the side to allow any light from him to enter the depths. It woke up that sense of adventure in her soul that she usually kept reined in unless she was out with Amos.

She rocked back out of the crack and said, “First, let’s leave a good scent on the wall here, and make sure we leave a mark every long distance or bend so it’s less likely we’ll get lost.”