size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
12-18-2018, 07:57 PM
Wandering the lands near Fyri was a decent way to keep track of who was around, skirting his borders. Honestly these woods were his favorite of all the lands that bordered his though. They were beautiful, and seemed to attract wolves like his sister which was... well, something. Ig huffed quietly to himself as he trudged through the layer of snow that was slowly gathering on the ground. Fall was slowly becoming winter and the north was beginning to find itself covered in more and more snow. While it was beautiful, it also meant things would only be getting more difficult from here.

As he walked, leaving a visible trail through the snow, Ig kept an eye out for any wolves he might happen across. And prey; they needed to stock up before the weather got worse. He was holding out hope that the gorge would be a place that prey might get stuck and be easy to hunt with the right strategies, but it was still important to try and find food elsewhere.

Eventually he came upon an odd sight. One of the red wood trees must have cast a seed far from its relatives, because it was sticking out like a sore thumb here. More of a sapling than a tree really, spindly and young, all by itself in the middle of a wide open swathe of snow. The part that stood out the most though was the fact that someone or something had hung colorful little spheres all over it. There almost wasn't a branch without an ornament. Ig stared at the tree, confused by it. Why exactly did someone want to... decorate a tree? Who or what did this? He went so far as to glance over both shoulders in the hopes of spotting the culprit.

Leonce

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Frost
12-18-2018, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2019, 01:55 PM by Leonce.)
Leonce loved snow, the crunch under his paws and the smell in the air. He plodded through the snow taking care to not be careful at all, he was having the time of his life. Crunching his way through the snow he noticed a wolf like figure. It was shaped like a wolf, smelled like a wolf, but that fur. Leonce had never seen fur that looked so vibrant, it reminded him of a fire. Curious, Leonce approached the wolf, not only was he something leonce had never seen before the object before the wolf was also unknown to leonce. It looked like a tree, but it had colorful balls on it. It looked pretty, especially surrounded by all of the snow. Leonce after approaching the wolf and taking a moment to notice the tree’s beauty said “Hey, name’s Leonce! Do you know what this is?” Trying to start a conversation with the wolf was surprisingly the hardest thing about his situation. Leonce was still focused on this wolf’s pelt, how was it like this? If he got close enough to the wolf he would have to ask, for now though he didn’t want to come off as rude.
Leonce has a ferret companion that is in all his threads unless otherwise stated

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
01-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Absorbed in this new task of thoroughly investigating this tree, it took a bit for it to register that someone was approaching. As the black and white male walked up, quick to introduce himself, Ig turned to look over his shoulder at the wolf a bit skeptically as though trying to determine whether or not the male was hiding knowledge of what had decorated the tree. "Ignatius," he replied slowly, turning back to the shiny colored orbs and reaching out to poke one with a paw.

"Not sure, I only just found it. I do kind of wish I could find whoever did this though, I'm curious what purpose it's supposed to serve if any." he mused, visibly intrigued by the many possibilities that ran through his mind as he continued trying to think up ideas of what this could be for. Grinning at the Leonce, he asked, "What do you think it might be for?"

Leonce

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Frost
01-30-2019, 04:09 PM

Grinning as the other male gave his name Leonce wondered why they seemed hesitant at first. Names were normally the first things that people said to each other, but nevermind that. There was a tree that needed investigating. Ignatius had only just found it so it wasn't him that had put the strange circles on the tree.

When asked what the tree might be for Leonce started thinking, maybe it was just for looking at and enjoying. There were a lot of pretty things out there to look at after all, this could very well be another one of them. "I think it's just supposed to look pretty" Leonce sat down to admire the tree's beauty "it's pretty nice to look at don't you think?"

speech action

Leonce has a ferret companion that is in all his threads unless otherwise stated

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
02-14-2019, 03:04 PM
Just look pretty? Ig frowned and contemplated the concept. He guessed he understood. They'd decorated at festivals growing up, right? "I suppose that makes... some sense. It is sort of appealing." The shiny round orbs were sort of cool and cheery in a way. Definitely eye catching.

"I just wonder what it's for. Just because, or is someone celebrating some special occasion? I've never seen anything decorated for any reason other than a special event." Truly puzzling. Oh well though, he supposed it was what it was. He also sort of wanted to try and find out who or what did it still though. Maybe he could smell them out? He took a momentary break from his puzzling to glance at Leonce. "What brings you here? Other than looking at decorated trees,"

Leonce

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Frost
02-20-2019, 07:03 PM

Leonce listened as Ignatius pondered his last statement. It hadn’t occurred to the splotchy male that something could be decorated for an event. Personally he wouldn’t need a reason to decorate a tree, he would do it just for the fun of it. Maybe when if he ever got around to making a den he would decorate his own tree. Ooo maybe he could decorate the walls with dyes and make them look colorful, he felt giddy just thinking about it. So much so that his face changed from questioning the tree to smiling and looking off at the distance.

Snapping back to reality he shook his head and caught the question that was aimed towards him. He hadn’t been here for long so he wasn’t necessarily sure what he was going to do or where he was going to go. While looking at the tree was fun and all he had to figure out what he was going to do when he parted from Ignatius. “I havn’t been here for long but I’m probably just going to explore. There’s so much to see out there.” Leonce hoped that Ignatius could relate to his fascination with exploration as so few wolves did.

Leonce action

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
03-01-2019, 11:28 PM
Ig let his mind drift away from the confusing decorative little sprig of a tree back to Leonce. The man's words reminded Ig of all the places around his borders he'd been and all the places likely left to go. It still astounded him how large these lands really were. "Almost too much. I wonder if anyone's explored it all yet." glancing around at the massive trees, Ignatius had a hard time picturing seeing everything the vast continent had to offer. Much less making it all the way to the fabled second continent to do the same.

"If you need a place to start, climbing up there can be pretty cool, if you don't mind heights that is." Ig said, glancing skyward at the tangled mess of leaning tree trunks.

Leonce

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Frost
03-05-2019, 07:07 PM

The bigger wolf shared his fascination with exploring! Leonce could hardly contain his excitement. Maybe there was someone who had seen it all, if there wasn't Leonce was sure he could be that wolf. He could see it now, wolves would come from miles around to talk to him and ask about his travels. Boy would that be great. Maybe he could even draw a map and give it to people.

Leonces' eyes widened when Ignatius suggested climbing a tree. He didn't doubt that the view would be beautiful, but he was no cat. Leonce plodded up to the tree that Ignatius had indicated. Placing his front paws on the sturdy trunk he looked up at the towering tree. No way now how was he ever climbing that. It was too tall and Leonce feared that even if he could get up there he wouldn't have the best of times coming back down.

Still looking up at the tree Leonce directed his words at Ignatius "I think you mistake me for a cat."

Leonce Ferret action

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
03-14-2019, 04:19 PM
The wide eyed confusion and disconcert in the other man's expression was kind of hilarious. Ignatius tried, and failed miserably to keep the smirk from his lips. Now that he'd met someone with less of the adventure bug he hardly knew how to handle it. "I didn't wanna say anything, but, you tail is a bit long you know. Ears a little round... " All a joke of course... or was it?  

"Just a thought though. There's plenty more to see even further north if you don't mind a snowstorm or two." most of it was ice and snow related, but it was still interesting to Ignatius at least. He hadn't quite finished exploring the north himself though, who knew what other wonders were out there waiting for him to see them for the first time?

Leonce

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Frost
04-03-2019, 03:56 PM

Leonce got down from looking at the tree and felt the urge to check his ears. Bending down and rubbing a paw over them. Surely he wasn't turning into a cat, he was a wolf through and through. Just to make sure he also took a glance at his tail, good, it was no longer than the last time he had looked at it.

Leonce thought about going further north and it didn't entirely seem like a bad idea. He just might do that. Leonce had felt that he'd taken up enough of Ignatius's time. This man probably had better things to do than stick around and chat.

Turning to address him Leonce spoke "I've taken up enough of your time, it was nice meeting you." After saying his piece Leonce would make his way to leave.

Leonce Colin action