gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
02-14-2019, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 08:09 PM by Ignatius.)
He'd put it off for a while but it was definitely time to go ahead and call a meeting. Even if the pack was small. They needed to coordinate things and get everyone sorted out, adjust and finalize ranks for some members, and plan ahead for the rest of the winter and the coming spring. A meeting could no longer wait. So he'd sought out the best central location in the gorge, deciding on a cluster of large rocks near one of the small rivers that ran through the gorge. There he could be the most easily seen and heard by all the members who would gather.

Once he felt ready with all he wanted to discuss in the forefront of his mind, Ignatius lifted his head and howled for the members of Fyri, and even left the summons open to any near the borders who might want to join. This particular meeting would be a good one for newbies to arrive for. Now, he just needed to wait.

Deadline for first round is 2/24.

Drífa

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
02-14-2019, 08:32 PM
Build me up from bones, Wrap me up in skin, Hold me close enough to breathe me in

Drífa was holed up in her den. She'd returned from a gathering session the day before and had resolved to take the morning off. For her that meant snuggling up on a prized piece of yak pelt and sleeping in late. Brynhildr was nestled against her, the birds feathered form curving gently into her neck. Drífa would've been content to sleep for a few more hours but then she heard Ignatius call.

Her ears twitched and she sighed. Seemed she'd have to resume her nap at a later date. The older woman yawned and stretched as she pondered what the call could be about. It didn't sound particularly distressed but even so, Drífa didn't intend to dilly dally. When she spied Ignatius she nodded to him in greeting and sat dutifully across from him. Brnyhildr soon joined her.

Souzan

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lolaf

1KPride - Pansexual
02-23-2019, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 02:28 PM by Souzan.)
"Talk" Walk
His brother's pack was quiet, they were small and in the middle of the hush of winter but Souzan hadn't failed to notice that things were slow here. Which he had to admit was also partially his own fault. He'd been so wrapped up in exploring the lands he'd found himself upon that he had been neglecting some of his duties.

But no more! He was determined to put his effort into wherever he was needed. For now that meant fulfilling his role as a hunter. He had set about learning the lay of the land, noting any holes within the packlands that could house smaller prey and following larger herd tracks. He hadn't caught anything just yet but was more than happy with his research, a good place to start.

Then he heard his brother's call. He lifted his head from the rabbit warren he'd been sniffing, snow stuck to his long tangled fur. He would abandon his searching then, marching with purpose towards where he'd heard the call. He wasn't slow by any means but he wasn't exactly racing there, he'd stop every once and a while to note a new track or den and to shake the snow from his fur. So he was surprised when he arrived at where his brother was seated to only see one other wolf. He quirked a brow at his brother, then nodded at the older wolf seated before Ig. Sou would silently move to sit before his brother, turning to glance around as he waited for anyone else to arrive.

Image by Ulfeid3

Akseli

gems
size
build
player
02-23-2019, 04:45 PM

The newly sanctioned member of Fyri, hadn’t been within the border of the pack for long. He had just started to dig out a den large enough to accommodate himself and his menagerie. He had picked a spot with good grasses, so he could kick off the snow in the morning and allow his companion to graze. He arranged some of his supplies of nuts on shelves he had begun to build in the walls, and create little climbing areas for Flash. There was an entrance to the den that opened up near the top, and extended to a tree branch that was tied to the roof of his cave, so Flash could enter or exit with nimble ease through this manner.

It was slow going, and he hadn’t finished building through all his ideas. He shoot out his overly warm coat and padded to the entrance as the sound of a call. “Wait here Stubborn” he instructed the little shetland pony. Before he could direct any words to Flash, the little squirrel monkey dropped down onto his back, and the two of them would make their way to the meeting together.

He would see the Alpha, who was the wolf he recognised, and a few others. He smiled affably to these strangers as he came to a stop in a general space before the Alpha. He took a seat, and Flash climbed up between his ears, hiding there with a sort of shyness, and peeking out with curiosity from between the wolf's ears.

"Speech"

Song ii

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
02-23-2019, 10:03 PM
He hadn't ever really intended on joining a pack not led by one of his family members, however as soon as he stepped foot on Fyri soil he knew he was home. The frozen north spoke to him, felt right under his paws. Song hoped this would be a long a fruitful relationship.

The pale beast lay at the crest of a snowy ridge, his pale blue gaze stared out over the horizon. His tail flicked absently behind him as he contemplated the scenery laid out before him. He would have lingered in that place for many more hours had his new alpha's call not rang out over the territory.

Song perked his ears and lifted himself from his vantage point. With no hesitation he trotted towards the gathering place. Slowly he'd get to know the lands better, but at least he was familiar with this spot. He smiled at Ignatius and gave a quick nod to the other members already gathered. His first meeting in his first new pack, wasn't life just looking up for him? Song took a seat off to the left of his alpha, close enough to engage if need be.

Chasm

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Bluetick
02-23-2019, 10:20 PM

The pair hadn't been in the pack all that long. It was long enough that they were starting to put weight back on. They still were not used to the cold north, but that would just take time. They took their time settling in, finding the right spot and making it extra warm. From what it seemed the pack had to be small, which didn't bother him, he just hoped he would have better luck here then in Celestial. He hoped maybe being distanced from his already distant family would be better for him. He always worried about his half siblings, but it seemed with them constantly disappearing from his life that he wasn't meant to stick with them.

Hearing the call the rainbow backed male nudged his companion and together the two exited their den and headed off to the meeting that was being called. They tried to hurry, but when they both arrived they realized they were bringing in the tail end of the members. His eyes looked around, each wolf beautifully colored in their own way, most of then unnatural which made Chasm feel a lot less like an outcast and more like this could be a good new home for them. They picked a spot in the back and took a seat waiting for things to start.

speech action

Sephira

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Fox
02-24-2019, 11:23 AM

Winter had hit hard and fast in the north, and while conditions had certainly become more difficult, the shewolf was surprised to find herself happy regardless. Their pack was small, sure, but peaceful. Whatever meddling the wolves in the south might get mucked up in, so far she had been able to go about her business as she pleased. It was the first time in her life that things felt... stable. She almost dreaded to even think the word lest she jinx herself, but she had definitely built herself a routine.

Iggy's call for a meeting absolutely broke that routine. She didn't know why she was surprised, there was no reason to be, but it still took her a long moment to react. Right! She was probably expected at this thing, huh? She turned and began moseying her way towards where she was pretty sure her brother would be waiting. She skirted in, nodding to the wolves already gathered there, and some she had not spoken to before but knew from the scents around they area that they must have been new arrivals. She mentally added 'Force self to make small talk' to her To-Do list, then settled nearest to Ignatius and Souzan.

She sent both her brothers a wide grin, and winked at Iggy. Seph hoped he didn't really think she would be a no-show. Late? Always a possibility, but he'd had years to get used to that! She was left to wonder what he would have to say, and for decided to keep her comments to herself. The sooner he got on with it, the sooner she could get back to sniffing out her lunch.

"Talk" "You" Think

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
03-01-2019, 04:28 PM
OOC: Still open for latecomers this next round only. New Deadline is March 8th.

Ig watched as the wolves filed in one by one. First was, unsurprisingly, Drífa. Always prompt and dutiful. He truly appreciated that about the older healer, and gave her a friendly smile and nod as she settled in. Next was Sou, then Akseli, Song, Chasm, and last but never least his wayward sister sauntered onto the scene. He ignored her cheeky wink and cast a last glance over the gathered wolves. It was a small group, yes, but it was his pack nonetheless and he was glad to have them all. There was one noticeably absent wolf who he hoped was simply too far away to make it on time. A mental note was made to speak with her after, but for now he didn't wish to keep the rest of them waiting any longer.

"Thank you everyone for gathering promptly. I feel that this is long overdue. It may be winter but it's more than time to get things moving so our pack can begin to shine the way I know it can. The best way i can think of to begin is by getting us a bit more active and more interactive."

"Thusly, I would like to begin planning for trainings to start, regularly. As everyone ought to know, Fýri is a pack founded on the idea that we should all be fully capable of the basics of every skill. If you can prove to me that you have the basics of a certain skill down and it is not related to your career path, you may choose not to attend that training, though I strongly advise brushing up occasionally since we can always learn more. The first training in each skill will be mandatory for those not proficient in the basics. See my after the meeting if you think you would like to skip one."
He studied the group for a few moments before continuing. Only a few of them struck him as wolves who might be exempt from one or two lessons, most, he expected, would need to attend a few.

"I will also need more than just myself to host some of these trainings. I intend to host the fight training myself. Drífa, I would like it if you would lead the healer training. That still leaves a pack hunt - which will include a short lesson if needed - that will need someone to lead it, a lesson on crafting basic tools that might be useful, and a lesson on navigation. Whoever feels confident leading one of these lessons please step forward for consideration. I will speak to you all afterwards about my decision. If not enough come forward I will be seeking assistance from a nearby allied pack, so only volunteer if you think you can commit to seeing the training through in it's entirety." That seemed like a good start to get things rolling. after pausing to see who might show interest in one of the positions offered, he would continue. "Lastly, I would like to offer my congratulations and first rank-up to a member who's shown good initiative and taken her position seriously within the pack. Drífa, let me know what sort of healing specialty rank you would like."

Drífa

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
lunarcat7

Double MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
03-03-2019, 09:10 PM
Build me up from bones, Wrap me up in skin, Hold me close enough to breathe me in

One by one every trickled into the meeting. Drífa looked around at a number of unknown faces and felt a stab of guilt. She had been so busy trying to get the herb stores in shape for winter that she had neglected getting to know her pack mates, beyond Ignatius himself. It seemed that Ignatius was in the same state of mind as the meeting started and he addressed the pack. He spoke of the lessons he hoped to teach them all and she nodded. She planned to attend them all. Even though she was older and had dabbled in a number of skills going over the basics would only help her.

Drífa nodded again as Ignatius assigned her to hold the healing training. "I'd be honored to." She would need to decide on a lesson but already she had an idea. It would be helpful for everyone to have a basic understanding of first aid and of wounds typically received in battle or hunting. This would be more helpful than going over, say, respiratory diseases or other ailments that required a more intimate knowledge of symptoms and treatments.

To her surprise and delight she was also to receive a promotion. Drífa smiled. "If it suits you I'd like to take the rank of Combat Medic. I grew into my knowledge during the last war and feel that is where I am most proficient."

Song ii

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Vail

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
03-12-2019, 02:03 PM
Song gave a quick nod to the couple that offered him 9ne as the group collected. It seemed small, but he could see room for growth. He mentally amused himself with the thought that there would be less competition when it came to acquiring a rank. He was young though, and as Ig started the meeting his tail wagged eagerly at the thought of attending a few lessons.

He needed hosts for lessons, and while hunting and navigating were not his strong suits he did have a little experience in crafting. He stored the thought away as Ig announced a promotion and the she wolf accepted her rank.

Song took the opportunity then to step forward. "I could lead a crafting lesson, if you need." He offered, in case no one else volunteered.

Souzan

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lolaf

1KPride - Pansexual
03-27-2019, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2020, 02:28 PM by Souzan.)
"Talk" Walk
Souzan watched calmly as the rest of the pack trickled in, no surprise that Seraphina was last. She settled near him and flashed him a grin. Sou's own lips twitching up in a slight smirk. He rolled his eyes at her, cheekily acknowledging her playful greeting. He cast a quick glance over his shoulder, looking at everyone who'd gathered just before Ignatius started to speak.

He watched patiently, listening as the first real rank within the pack was given out and his brother also spoke about having lessons. Sou waited, listening for others to offer their skills but no one else offered themselves up to lead a hunt. Sou shifted his gaze towards his brother, waiting to catch his eye and gave him a solid nod.

If he had to he could lead a hunt, though he doubted he'd be a particularly good teacher. Still if no one else was willing to fulfil the role then he'd do so happily.

Image by Ulfeid3

Akseli

gems
size
build
player
04-01-2019, 04:03 PM
As Al sat quietly and waited for the meeting to begin, Flash would sneak glances this way and that at each wolf that arrived or was already there. Bright monkey eyes would take it all in with grave curiosity, and his hands would fidget in the wolfs mane, absentmindedly pulling pieces together in a hasty brade.

One everyone arrived, Ignatius would begin, and even Flash fell still to hear the proud males speech. He debated lending his expertise to the knowledge of crafting, but would wait to see if anyone else jumped aboard first. He was still new to the pack, and not familiar with its members. After a moment, a wolf did make the suggest, and he looked curiously to the man. The pale creature that had stepped forward would hold Al’s attention for a moment, before he spoke. “I would happily assist in crafting lessons, if needed” he volunteered. For the rest of it, he knew he would be attending the lessons. He could make useful crafts to store healings in, and what to use skins for, but he was mostly mediocre in his skills with the actual jobs themselves

Ignatius

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Monster

The Ooze Participant1K
04-14-2019, 06:43 AM
He looked over the group as they digested the information he'd given them, watching as some grew more interested. Drifa graciously accepted both the job of leading a healing lesson as well as her rank up. Ignatius soon turned back to the others as Song spoke up about leading a crafting lesson, then Akseli - oh, and he almost missed Sou's quiet nod about a hunting lesson. "Fantastic, I will speak to each of you after the meeting and we'll sort things out further from there. Expect the lessons to begin as soon as I've solidified teachers and plans for each lesson."

Pausing for a beat, Ignatius furrowed his brow ever so slightly. He supposed there was one last thing to mention before bringing the meeting to a close. "Last thing before you're all dismissed. I wanted to mention that I'm hoping to begin hosting some festivals in the hopefully near future. It might have to wait until our numbers have grown slightly, however, there are some preparations that are being made well in advance. Speak to me if you find yourselves with spare time and wish to help. That'll be all." He'd descend from his place atop the rock, moving to where others could speak with him if they wished.

OOC: and this concludes our very first meeting! DM me if you want to begin a thread for any of your characters where they can discuss leading trainings with Ignatius. I'll try and get a thread up in the near future for fight training.