gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
02-14-2019, 09:06 PM
Wandering the edge of the prairie where it met the briar, Czernobog was trying to see if somewhere in the brush and bushes there might be some plants he could make use of. Normally this was not the season to find what he needed, so there wouldn't be any berries available for him to use this time, but it would be good to at least find some and know where they were. Joining the band had rekindled his interest in donning his paint but he needed the resources to make it first.

Mostly he found a lot of blackberries and assorted thorny plants along with the occasional fern. Nothing terribly helpful was presenting itself at the moment. That was fine though, he wasn't in a rush.

Kvasir

gems
size
build
player
02-14-2019, 09:15 PM
Unlike his fellow band member, Kvasir hadn't actually been meaning to arrive here, he'd just sort of ended up here after a series of unsuccessful trips to look for supplies to craft with had him frustrated and wandering for a while while he just tried to get a better lay of the land hoping that getting more familiar with what was where would help him to be able to find things more quickly. It had been by chance that he came across the older man's scent, and on a whim he'd followed it. He'd seen the man when Valkyrie had formed her band and now he figured they may as well properly introduce themselves to each other.

Trailing after the other for a bit, he watched the rosette marked man carefully search through the vegetation, presumably looking for a specific plant, unless he was just a very clueless hunter. Kvasir laughed to himself at the thought, causing the one he was following to glance back. Once noticed, Kvasir sauntered closer, looking at the bush that Czernobog had been inspecting and giving him a searching look. "Are you a healer, or is there another reason you're looking at every bush and plant you can find?" He'd really expected the answer to be healer.

Not one to leave introductions till the last minute with wolves he was supposed to be seeing regularly, he quickly added, "I'm Kvasir Skaldi, by the way."

Czernobog

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
02-14-2019, 09:27 PM
Grunting in response to the question, Bog was more inclined to want to ignore the other man than engage with him. "Почему тебя это беспокоит?" He muttered, hoping that the use of one of his other languages might throw the other off, and then realizing a moment later that this man had already heard him talk when they'd pledged their allegiance to Valkyrie and her band. It was worth a try though. "I want to make paints, so I am looking for the bushes that grow the berries I like to use. I want to know where they are for later." he finally replied, already slightly irritated by the growing interest he sensed from the other. Czernobog was never the friendly sort.

"Czernobog." Why exactly was the clear disinterest he projected not dissuading the horned wolf from talking to him? He supposed part of this was that they were in the same band, but still.

Kvasir

gems
size
build
player
02-14-2019, 09:35 PM
After muttering something in an unfamiliar language the older wolf relented and explained what he was doing. Paints? Kvasir did recall seeing others wear paints when going out on raids and the like, but he'd never really thought to try and make them himself or considered how they were made. He knew sometimes the 'paint' was just blood, which was arguably easier to acquire but the color turned from red to brown faster than he'd ideally want he himself were to wear any.

Thoughts whirring in his head at this new crafting-type subject, he filed the name away for later and launched back into questioning. "So you use berries? Have you tried making it with anything else? How long does it usually last?"

Czernobog

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
02-14-2019, 09:53 PM
"Yes," he replied tot he first question, clearly a little exasperated and miffed that the other wolf bothered to reconfirm what he'd said before. It took a certain level of self control to not just try to chase Kvasir off already. He wasn't sure if he wanted to create too much conflict with others in the band over what was ultimately harmless despite the fact that he found the questions to be endlessly annoying.

"I have used berries and blood before. Do you have other suggestions?" There was a hint of a challenge in his tone, though if Kvasir actually came up with something he might actually be interested, especially if it wasn't seasonal. Searching through the bushes again, he continued walking. When he thought he;d found the correct bush he realized the leaves were the wrong shape and huffed quietly to himself. "It depends. If there is a lot of bad weather it will wash off in the rain. Otherwise it depends. Few weeks at a time, maybe longer?" wandering a ways further he continued his search and put minimal effort into hiding that he would be quite okay with the other wolf just leaving. Any time now. Any time at all. Bog never split his attention. Talking and looking was distracting and he didn't enjoy it.

Kvasir

gems
size
build
player
02-14-2019, 10:16 PM
He wasn't terribly fazed by Czernobog's irritation, though he did at least intend to try and not be too frustrating. How that would work out... well he'd just wait and see. When asked if he had suggestions, which he suspected was partially a rhetorical question but he chose to answer anyway. "Hmm... I suppose flower petals crushed and maybe with water added would work well. Or other plant life, depending on the color you want, but bark could also work although I'm not sure how you'd prepare it. Oh, and ashes from a fire, when they're wet they coat fur pretty well. Clay or minerals might work too..." It was fascinating to consider the possibilities and Kvasir was already excited to try this for himself.

He Really wanted to keep pressing for more information on this topic, but in a rare moment of consideration for others he paused and studied the other. After a moment he asked, "If I help you look, would you consider exploring some alternate options with me? Or should I do that on my own?"

Czernobog

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
02-14-2019, 11:52 PM
He wasn't about to show it, but the ideas did interest him some. At least the last one. Flowers were seasonal and ash required a fire... Bark... maybe that'd work, he couldn't decide. There was a small chance that he might look into one of these ideas later.

Shaking his head, Czernobog turned and replied, "I'm pretty sure now that they don't grow in this area, perhaps another time. For now I think I am going to hunt instead." He had to really contemplate how much he could stand company before eventually offering, "If you may join me if you wish to." There. He could be... nice. Niceish. It didn't feel worth it really but he tried, and he hadn't even snapped at the wolf he suspected he'd be seeing plenty more of.

Kvasir

gems
size
build
player
02-15-2019, 12:14 AM
When Czernobog said that the plant he wanted wasn't here he made a mental note. Only deflating a little when Czern went on to say that he'd rather hunt, it was Kvasir's turn to shake his head. "No, thanks though. I've got no real interest in hunting today. Perhaps another time. I'll see you then. Or, whenever we all gather again. Whichever comes first." He did wonder if Valkyrie would summon the band again at some point and what for.

Turning, Kvasir wandered off across the prairie in search of a stream. Now that he had the idea of clay for paint he wanted to see if he could make it work.

-exit both-