gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
03-25-2019, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2019, 05:39 PM by Seadragoness.)

When the call rang out in the distance, the barest hints of it reaching Abaven, Shaye would jump into action. She would dash across the territory to Leera’s den, where here and the little ones where inside. She barked a quick hello and stuck her head in the den, counting the puppies and Leera quickly. They were all accounted for. She howled for Rhyme, and caught sight of Winter in the air above them. Her companion bird had followed her here.

After her call she moved back to the entrance of the den, “Leera, did you hear what was happening?” she asked the mother wolf, uncertain if she had heard the call and knew what it meant. She didn’t know who was challenging Ty for the throne, or what the outcome would be. She was here to ensure no pup ran off to the battlefield where their lives would be in danger.

She still remembered that god-believing wolf who had challenged for a member of Ty’s pack when the Alpha himself had not arrived quickly enough for him. She didn’t know what his deal was, but knew he held animosity to Ty and his. She would keep the kids here and safe, and if anyone but Ty came here looking for them, they would find opposition. She debated who to send to witness the challenge, and report back to here what had happened. She would also keep a healer on standby for Ty. she had no idea what was going to come from this, but whatever it was, Abaven would be ready.

""

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Leera

Loner
Sanctuary

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
03-25-2019, 06:40 PM

Hannibal's howl startles her awake. Stirring between the warmth of her five puppies, Leera's eyes split open and she yanks her head up. She can recognize her old comerade's octaves from anywhere, and this time, there is a tension in the tones that can only mean one thing: he is challenging Tyranis for Erövrare. "Shh, my children," she purrs over them, hoping to lull them back to their dreams as she sits up in the darkness of the Abaven den and listens carefully.

The first face that enters is Shaye, who seems to have heard the challenge as well. She wonders what the alphess will make of the challenge, but Leera's mind is made up. Hannibal deserves the throne more than Tyranis, especially after what she's seen, after her closeness with the lightening king, and she'll be rooting for him. "It's Hannibal. He's challenging for Erövrare," she whispers quickly to Shaye, her eyes glistening with anticipation. Her ears flick back from the puppies to the other woman. "Will you be going to the battlefield?"

speech action

Leera is a mature character.
Force/violence is permitted within reason.
Plot with us here!

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

03-25-2019, 06:55 PM

Hannibal she recognised that name, he was the one Archon had challenged for. She hadn’t stuck around to witness the end of the fight, but had heard of the outcome. How had he gone from slave to would-be-conquer? “Thank you for the insight” she said, through it didn’t surprise her that Leera knew more about Erovere then she did. Shaye was still learning and asking questions, but Leera had actually lived there.

“No, i’ll send another in my stead. My priority is the safety of you and the kids” she explained, she could not exactly identify the bad feeling in her gut, but Ty had a lot of enemies - Archon, Ace, and apparently his own man now, as well. She would not allow any of those to spill out onto his children, not well she was in charge of their welfare. She was glad she had given his woman sanctuary, even if it had resulted in more than a few headaches. “Whatever the end result, we’ll figure out what it means for you together. My promise of safety is still here, I assure you” she said gently. She had no idea what might be going through the other woman’s mind, and well she didn’t seem to think much of Ty - hence her request for asylum in the first place - she clearly loved her kids.

""

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Theta

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Frost

Valentines 2020
03-25-2019, 09:55 PM
A combination of the last ringings of a howl, the stirring of her mother, and the chattering of the two women had woken her from her slumber. Hearing the voice of her mother telling them to stay asleep made Theta all the more eager to hear the ongoing conversation. Something important must be going on and she was going to be involved. Yet she knew that if she showed her presence now it would likely make the adults go in to pup mode, they never talked seriously around pups. That fact frustrated her to no end, but she knew better than to act on that frustration.

Keeping her eyes closed she shifted her body to make it easier for her to hear. Hoping that the guise of sleep would disguise her true intentions. Hearing the words its’ Hannibal, he’s challenging for Erovrare made the pup aware of what was going on. She didn’t remember who Hannibal was but she knew about Erovrare. She didn’t know much about what challenging for a pack meant but she didn’t imagine it would be good. She would be sure to relate this news to her siblings later on when they were all awake, this was stuff that they needed to know and couldn’t be left in the dark about. What if they woke up and suddenly didn’t have a home to go back to? They didn’t need things sugar coated and if the adults were about to do that, she wouldn’t.
[Image: 5sPkXAj.png]

Theta has small Deer antlers that may or may not be depicted in her art

Leera

Loner
Sanctuary

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
03-26-2019, 04:19 PM

Leera dips her chin to the other woman, happy to have been of at least minute use by giving the alphess some insight as to the challenge. She isn't sure about the relationship between Erövrare and Abaven, but she assumes it can't be that the two packs go frolicking paw in paw through fields of flowers. If Erövrare has anything, it's enemies. Especially after that day when Archon showed up at the doorstep.

Shaye insists on staying with her and the children, a noble cause. "Are you sure?" She wouldn't want to enroach on the empress' civil duties, but at the same time she's relieved to know that there will be more than just her guarding the puppies. Their relationship to Tyranis puts a target above each of their heads. Leera glances back at the puppies to make sure they were each sleeping, and lowers her voice so that only Shaye can hear. "What happens if Ty loses? Or wins, for that matter? They'll be the first things he comes looking for and... Shaye, I'm scared for them. I don't want to see them get hurt. Tyranis loves them, yes, but he isn't stable."

speech action

Plot with us here!

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

03-26-2019, 04:57 PM
Shaye nodded her head without answering as the woman asked if she was sure. She had decided on this path and she would stick to it. She would send Odysseus in her stead, her head diplomat would be the perfect wolf to represent Abaven and ensure her wolves did get up to trouble this time. She had called to Rhyme, but he was yet to arrive. She supposed only moments had passed, but she felt antsy, like she was expecting another shoe to drop.

She didn’t comment on her assessment of his insanity, it was something she wanted to decide for herself. . “Whatever the outcome is, your two weeks aren’t up, and I have not come to a decision on what happens from here. If anyone comes to the land for you and the pups, they will be turned away. Forcefully, if need be” She explained to Leera, of course if he came just to ensure they where okay and to see them, she would work that out with Leera if it came to pass. She had not denied Ty visitation rights, after all.

But right now, her first concern was their safety, and ensuring Leera that this was the case. She took a seat near the entrance of the den, leaving space for Leera to join her is she so chose to. Is she instead wanted to stay curled around her babies, Shaye would understand completely.

Leera

Loner
Sanctuary

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
04-02-2019, 03:02 PM

Shaye's answer is clear enough. And while it isn't certain what will happen when the hourglass runs up, Leera and her children will be protected. The lithe woman says nothing, instead she watches Shaye with even, pink eyes and licks her lips slowly before uncurling herself from her sleeping offpsring and stepping out into the light of the Abaven day. She settles wordlessly near Shaye, figuring that it is more approapriate to speak like this than within the reach of tiny, listening ears, and lets a few quiet moments pass between the two women before she speaks again, this time keeping her gaze on the unfamiliar surroundings that are becoming familiar.

There is something else on her mind. A small, prickling question she's been wondering about since her arrival in the new packlands. "I don't wish to be out of line with this curiosity, but," she murmurs, tail flicking. "What has come of Acere?" She says nothing else. The white wolf had essentially vowed for her freedom from Tyranis -- it isn't outrageous for her to wonder where he's gone after his dispute with his former pack.

speech action

Plot with us here!

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

04-02-2019, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 03:23 PM by Shaye I.)
She watched quietly as Leera removed herself from her children, and moved to the entrance of the den. The Alpha waited until she had settled, figuring easily enough that she wished to move this conversation from the children before she disturbed them. When Leera restarted the conversion a few moments later, it was in a different direction. Shaye paused, caught slightly off guard, before letting out a soft sigh. This subject was a difficult one, because she missed her friendship with the man, and it was well taking charge of Leera and her offspring, that she had lost him. She did not blame Leera in the slightest, the fault lay within herself and Acere.

“He is.. Unhappy with me, and hasn’t been in Abaven much since the first challenge. We do not see eye to eye on how we each handled things, and well he is always welcome in Abaven, and I consider him a friend, I do not believe he will settle again in my packlands.” she tried to hide the ache in her voice, but she knew she failed to do so. There had, for a moment... almost been something between them, and regardless, she respected the man. Losing his respect had hurt all the more for how much she valued his opinion and friendship. Not to mention the loss of him, meant Rhyme would be losing his warrior apprentice, and she would be losing Actaea, whom she loved like a daughter, and trained to rise high in the ranks of Abaven. this... disagreement, was costing her dearly in friendships.

Leera

Loner
Sanctuary

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
04-02-2019, 03:39 PM

A single, dark ear flicks to capture Shaye's answer. "I understand," she murmurs, dipping her angular chin slightly in a nod. And she does understand -- Leera had seen a glimpse of the tension between Acere and those of Abaven and recognized the decision that Shaye had to make. Even so, Leera finds herself thinking more and more of the man. How he saved her. How he made sure she and her family were safe from a tyrannical grasp. This is the first thing, she decides, that she will address when the two weeks run out. She will find Acere.

"Is there anything I can do to help out the pack while I'm here? I owe you all so much already, it doesn't feel right to just sit around." She's a smart creature, always in need of something to stimulate her ever-churning mind. And she does feel indebted to Shaye and Abaven itself, and the least she can do is put her skills to some use while she takes sanctuary in this place of haven.

speech action

Plot with us here!

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

04-02-2019, 03:48 PM
She let her thoughts move on from the alabaster male, knowing her regret could not change what had happened, and knowing that she would have time and time again, removed Leera and her children as a pawn in the disagreement between Acere, Tyranis and Elias. She still had to find a solution that all relative parties in the children’s lives could live with, but that was a headache she was still working her way through.

She didn’t know what Leera’s opinion of the man was, but she would make no move to tarnish it, what she chose to do after Abaven was her choice, and hers alone. Instead, Shaye moved her thoughts to the woman’s question, and gave a brief nod, she knew the importance of keeping busy.
“Rhyme has an interest in crafting, and believes it could help our warriors. If the idea interests you, you and the children could pick through the kill pile for salvageable materials, and if you wish to learn crafting as well as finding the pieces, I could organise a training session to do so.” she offered thoughtfully. “If this idea does interest you, I could find another.” she would add, not knowing where exactly the interest of her and her children lie, but for the moment, this was a group activity she could think of that would keep them all busy, well potentially learning something.